PDA

View Full Version : They need to let Tim shoot more.

tim_duncan_fan
01-08-2006, 12:45 AM
Especially when it looks as if we might actually lose.
I know tony and manu are coming up but it ticks me off when we lose and Duncan only got 11 shots off. If he's going to play 39 min(4min over his avg.) he should shoot more.Otherwise he's on the court in times when he can be resting. Also, it would be nice if Manu and Tony would try to set him up for some easy shots once in a while, like the other guards who played with great big men did.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-08-2006, 12:57 AM
tim has been looking terrible lately. he got his ass blocked by boris diaw of all people!!

Buddy Holly
01-08-2006, 01:03 AM
Honestly, and this is my opinion, but the Spurs need to slowly hand over the team to Manu in terms of who gets the ball down the stretch.

Banks91
01-08-2006, 01:12 AM
I know tony and manu are coming up but it ticks me off when we lose and Duncan only got 11 shots off. If he's going to play 39 min(4min over his avg.) he should shoot more.Otherwise he's on the court in times when he can be resting. Also, it would be nice if Manu and Tony would try to set him up for some easy shots once in a while, like the other guards who played with great big men did.

Cmon man, why would they do that. It's not like he wants the ball. And when he does get it, he doesn't want to do anything anyways.

I think it safes to say Duncan won't be showing up for the any second games of back to backs. Might as well sit him , since they lose anyways and he doesn't do anything

beirmeistr
01-08-2006, 01:47 AM
Tell that to the little ball hog.

wildbill2u
01-08-2006, 03:05 PM

Tim doesn't get orders not to shoot. Sometimes he makes poor decisions. Last night he had a good percentage, was up against a weakened front line, and still didn't shoot many shots.

On the other hand, the night before he had an absolutely horrible shooting night (4 of 19) and still shot more shots than anyone else on the team. Why?

td4mvp21
01-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Well, if he's hitting (I never thought I'd be saying those words about Duncan), then let him shoot a lot. If he' sognna play through it he might as well try to be effective.

BruceB12
01-08-2006, 03:24 PM
If you watch him during the games, he looks so not thrilled. He is so nonchalent about the whole thing. The other night during the T-Wolves game, he did that nice dunk with the assist coming from Parker, and he didn't he give a remote smile. You think with all of his success and his awards, would at least make him play harder. But not even when the loss against the Hawks earlier in the season would he go out into the next game with intensity.

vanvannen
01-09-2006, 04:52 PM
I do agree with this part:

it would be nice if Manu and Tony would try to set him up for some easy shots once in a while, like the other guards who played with great big men did.

90% of Tim's shots come from post up plays. He almost never gets easy buckets. The guards should try to find him more alla Nash/Amaré. That could build some confidence in Timmy and get him going early in games.

easjer
01-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Timmy is useful when he's out there even if he's not scoring, because he consistently draws double teams, allowing more room for penetration by Manu or Tony.

And when they ease up off of him, he usually draws them back by hitting a shot or two or tipping in a miss.

He provides a lot more than scoring. It's foolish to say that he should sit and rest. One game's rest is not going to heal the foot. If anything, it should help the team learn to play when he's not playing well, so there is a better contigency plan than hoping he'll shoot out of the slump.