View Full Version : _some pictures don't need a caption_

Suns Fan
01-08-2006, 02:12 AM
:lmao

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/owned3.jpg

Catharsis
01-08-2006, 02:20 AM
I like this one...

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060108/capt.pna10901080514.spurs_suns_basketball_pna109.j pg
Started jumping yesterday.

And this one...
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060108/capt.pna10401080450.spurs_suns_basketball_pna104.j pg
No foul was called as it's perfectly legal to push your teammate into an opponent. I'm surprised Manu didn't fall down after that collision. He's always on the ground.

Man In Black
01-08-2006, 02:24 AM
I like this one:
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/ring_162.jpg

So ya won a home game. You realize that is 3 wins out of the last 14 right?

Wrong score by the way. I take it you're compensating?

BillsCarnage
01-08-2006, 02:26 AM
You forgot this one
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/PNA10701080512.jpg

Or this one, Manu's buddy

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/PNA10501080500.jpg

But wait, here's another - the best of them all..

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/PNA11001080546.jpg

His name is Boris Diaw.... His name is Boris Diaw....

spurs=bling
01-08-2006, 02:28 AM
I like this one:

ahh!!! that one is beautiful.

is it nice to be a spurs fan

missmyzte
01-08-2006, 02:29 AM
No, it's a pic I took of the scoreboard before the game tonight (notice the time on the clock). I took the picture because I was amused that the Suns had a final score up there before the game even started, I'm guessing the Suns execs like to guess the final score like fans do.

Man In Black
01-08-2006, 02:31 AM
I know that Misty - You should know by know that I'm just having a little fun with the english language today.

That Raja Bell pic reminds of Al Pacino in Scarface.

Catharsis
01-08-2006, 02:35 AM
I like this one:

At least we don't have to steal another city's professional football team. Shit! I just realized that we'd rather be in your boat on that. Want the Cardinals?

BillsCarnage
01-08-2006, 02:35 AM
I know that Misty - You should know by know that I'm just having a little fun with the english language today.

That Raja Bell pic reminds of Al Pacino in Scarface.

"You talkin to me?? ARE YOU talkin to me?!?!"

ShoogarBear
01-08-2006, 02:36 AM
The only thing the Spurs can say they own is this:

http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/trophies_spursprimary.jpg

The only thing the Suns can say they own is a guy in the running for biggest dipshit owner in sports.

Catharsis
01-08-2006, 02:39 AM

The only thing the Suns can say they own is a guy in the running for biggest dipshit owner in sports.

Mark Cuban bought the Suns?

BillsCarnage
01-08-2006, 02:41 AM

Wasn't there a lot of bitching on this board about the Spurs owner not wanting to go over the Lux tax and cutting players (Ford among others) that many of the fans wish they'd kept. Or not developing young talent?

Angry Midget
01-08-2006, 02:56 AM
Spurs and Suns both need to STFU , Pistons will OWNED all your ass's

ShoogarBear
01-08-2006, 03:01 AM
Mark Cuban bought the Suns?Hard to tell at times.

ShoogarBear
01-08-2006, 03:02 AM
Wasn't there a lot of bitching on this board about the Spurs owner not wanting to go over the Lux tax and cutting players (Ford among others) that many of the fans wish they'd kept. Or not developing young talent?Yes, when we discuss our owner, it involves his business and/or basketball decisions, not his latest public embarassment.

Nephets
01-08-2006, 03:03 AM

Will owned? :lol

Piston fan need grammar check. :lol

BillsCarnage
01-08-2006, 03:04 AM
Yes, when we discuss our owner, it involves his business and/or basketball decisions, not his latest public embarassment.

Hey, Sarver has been in check this year.. Sans the peach fuzz on his chin.
:blah

Horry For 3!
01-08-2006, 03:04 AM
Pistons will OWNED all your ass's????? That doesn't even make sense :lmao

BillsCarnage
01-08-2006, 03:05 AM
Give a midget a beer and see what happens.

T Park
01-08-2006, 03:10 AM
Sarver has been in check this year

Yeah he looked "in check" tonight jumping around like a moron.

polandprzem
01-08-2006, 03:53 AM
Even I wouldn't make such a misstake :angel

:lol

Sense
01-08-2006, 05:24 AM
I like this one:

Funny Mouse didn't post anything after this post.

ZStomp
01-08-2006, 06:22 AM
Why do you all fall for Mouses antics?

I guess Mouse is back.

:depressed

ZStomp
01-08-2006, 06:24 AM
Funny Mouse didn't post anything after this post.

Yes he did. He is at least BillsCarnage and that Midget dude

Even I wouldn't make such a misstake :angel

ALVAREZ6
01-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Suns fans are pathetic bitches....

spurschick
01-08-2006, 11:03 AM
I love how Suns fans show up to talk smack after a win. I'll be impressed if you stick around and post after your team loses.

leemajors
01-08-2006, 11:15 AM
the return of mouse?

texbound
01-08-2006, 11:38 AM
At least we don't have to steal another city's professional football team. Shit! I just realized that we'd rather be in your boat on that. Want the Cardinals?

You're right, Phoenix didn't steal the Cardinals from any other city. The Cardinals were born in Phoenix. I remember the days when Neil Lomax, Otis Anderson and Roy Green all wore ARIZONA Cardinals jerseys. Wait....that's right, they didn't. They wore St. Louis Cardinals jerseys.

Angry Midget
01-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Just like Spur fans to make fun of a Midget!, let's see who is laughing in the finals ass holes!!

Catharsis
01-08-2006, 01:40 PM
You're right, Phoenix didn't steal the Cardinals from any other city. The Cardinals were born in Phoenix. I remember the days when Neil Lomax, Otis Anderson and Roy Green all wore ARIZONA Cardinals jerseys. Wait....that's right, they didn't. They wore St. Louis Cardinals jerseys.
Hey, Lomax played in AZ...and he was great until his hip went out.

You can have the Cardinals. Seriously, forget the Saints...take the Cardinals.

Al Gore
01-08-2006, 02:07 PM
Mr.Midget if you keep on with your hate? I will have to shut down this site,Besides get past the NEW KNICKS before you talk smack!

Dre_7
01-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Some more Pics that need no captions (but I put them anyways! :lol)!

http://www.nba.com/media/suns/r3g5_duncan_nash.jpg
Fellow All-NBA First Teamers Steve Nash and Tim Duncan embrace after the Spurs advance to the NBA Finals.

http://www.nba.com/media/suns/r3g5_marion_depressed.jpg
A dejected Shawn Marion talks to a reporter following the loss.

http://www.nba.com/media/suns/r3g5_nash_presser.jpg
Nash talks with the media following game five's loss.

http://www.nba.com/media/suns/r3g5_stoudemire_fsnaz.jpg
Amare talks about to reporters after losing to the Spurs four games to one, in the best of seven Western Conference Finals.

pache100
01-09-2006, 10:24 AM
I'm guessing the Suns execs like to guess the final score like fans do.

They didn't have much faith in their Suns, then, did they? If that's all the points they thought the Suns would score?

cherylsteele
01-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Hey, Lomax played in AZ...and he was great until his hip went out.

You can have the Cardinals. Seriously, forget the Saints...take the Cardinals.
Uh....no thank you! :D
Hey...you wanted them in the first place...you keep them.:D

Didn't Lomax play while they were still in St. Louis?
He was there in St. Louis 1981-1987...Ariz in 1988
neil lomax stats (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/LomaNe00.htm)

GoSpurs21
01-09-2006, 12:11 PM
At least we don't have to steal another city's professional football team. Shit! I just realized that we'd rather be in your boat on that. Want the Cardinals?like the cardinals original city is Pheonix...dam you must be the dumbest person on this forum.

sickdsm
01-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Yes, when we discuss our owner, it involves his business and/or basketball decisions, not his latest public embarassment.

Is this where we're supposed to post about the drunk Peter Holt being on the San Antonio council of Alcohol and Drug abuse or is that the next glass house down the street??

Just curious, thanks.

dmac
01-09-2006, 02:46 PM
the Cardinals started in Chicago before going to STL before going to PHuX.

ShoogarBear
01-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Is this where we're supposed to post about the drunk Peter Holt being on the San Antonio council of Alcohol and Drug abuse or is that the next glass house down the street??

Just curious, thanks.

Tell you what, Curious George, come up with something he did to publicly embarrass himself or the Spurs.

Speaking of glass houses, Glen Taylor has already put in a lifetime's worth of embarrassment for the Twolves. Starting with precipitating the '98 lockout with his ridiculous KG contract. And does the name Joe Smith ring a bell?

sickdsm
01-09-2006, 05:06 PM
True, but then I'm not the one who started criticizing other owners actions and stated that my NBA teams's owner never did anything wrong, which was my point entirely about the glass house swifty.

And i did expect someone to come up with the lame argument you did but I really expected it to be someone more clueless. You see, the public/private thing went out the window when he's on that council. That would be like:
Art Alexis of Everclear running off on his little children and not paying child support
PETA activists accused of mistreating pets (Guess what? Been there done that and yes it was an embarrasment to that organization!)
John Lennon buying land with cheap houses on it so he can bulldoze them and have a mansion for himself.

Everyone in here has at one time or another in there life, most likely in high school, listened to someone who had serious problems in there life, whether it be crime, drugs, or food.

Let me know how well that inspires kids who have a drinking problem when the guy that's been sober for nearly 20 years who's there telling the ones with drinking problems that they can overcome it then they see him just piss-drunk in a bar the next night.

If this was an appointel member on Bush's alchol abuse council don't think for a moment that this wouldn't be all over CNN and Leno/Letterman.

sickdsm
01-09-2006, 05:30 PM
But i do appreciate this line

Then you proceed to make fun of Glen's basketball/business decision's, not his public embarrasments.

ShoogarBear
01-09-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm not about to give you the full middle-school lecture on alcoholism you richly deserve, but the overwhelming majority of alcoholics will tell you that each day they have to fight the battle over again. Unfortunately for them, it's practially impossible to go through a day without easy temptations being thrust at them (as someone who has the occasional beer, I am not criticising society, just making the point). That means--guess what--a LOT of alcoholics backslide and have to start again. It's not a character flaw; it comes with the territory.

Let me know how well that inspires kids who have a drinking problem when the guy that's been sober for nearly 20 years who's there telling the ones with drinking problems that they can overcome it then they see him just piss-drunk in a bar the next night.

If you have a committee of a bunch of people who will tell kids that all they had to do was stop drinking once and they never did it again, then I will tell you that you have a committee of a least a few liars.

I'd rather have somone who can tell them the truth: that's it's a tough problem, that you may not lick it the first time, or the second time, or the third time, but you just have to keep trying. Or you may go twenty years and then you have to start all over again, but you have to keep trying. So yeah, I want people on that committee who have lived and can tell them the truth.

I guess we should just be thankful you that nobody with the disease depends on you for support.

ShoogarBear
01-09-2006, 05:37 PM
But i do appreciate this line

Then you proceed to make fun of Glen's basketball/business decision's, not his public embarrasments.

Glen somehow managed to make a basketball decision into a public embarrasment. Stop feeding me straight lines.

Rydia
01-09-2006, 05:43 PM
HAHAHA!

I saw the owner or whoever or the Suns who dressed up like a chicken and I wanted to say , "Where's the pathetic chicken that made them lose so badly last time! " But I thought he would throw me out of the arena!! hehehe

He looked crazy!

sickdsm
01-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Disease. I always loved that one. Can we get any more politically correct during this holiday (not chistmas) season?

That's fine and dandy if it takes a while to stop drinking, but you calling other people's liar's on that account makes you a liar. Just like tobacco, some people HAVE stopped cold turkey but it doens't mean that most have the ability to do it. Are they liar's because i've sean my parents try to stop smoking and fall back? No.

My parents instilled certain values in me because of a "do as I do" mentality. Hell, even if someone screws up in the past we are a VERY forving society. Do as I say, not as I do is an embarrasmetn in itself. But your drowing yourself in your words. Hell yes, the best people on that committe would be the ones that have LIVED through it. Not the ones that are going through it now. You don't have a 14 year old boy teach sex ed, you don't have a 22 yr old NBA sophmore coaching the team. Been there, done that is the best teacher. Why on earth would you listen to someone who hasn't figured it out yet?

And the middle school lectures we we had here ALWAYS went like this. Boy finds temptations, Boy gives in to temptations, Boy gets in over his head, boy gets out, boy falls back into temptation (repaeat a few times) Something connects in his head and even nthough every day is a battle man now resists temptatoins and teaches others.

What "truth" does peter know? He knows how hard it is. How impossible it is for him. Is that a great thing for a kid to learn?

"hey buddy, take it from me, try as hard as you want to you'll never lick that "disease" But if you work really, really hard you might end up teaching others about the dangers and still getting sloshed every night."

Personally i'd rather have some who's defeated something teach my son about the dangers then someone who's not being honest and still battling.

For $20 i'll teach everyon here how to easily make a million dollars. Its no big deal that i havn't conquered that problem yet though i'm sure as it seems like a minor deal to you.

sickdsm
01-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Glen somehow managed to make a basketball decision into a public embarrasment. Stop feeding me straight lines.

Soooooo in your own words even thoug the Spurs FO has made great moves, when they make moves like overpaying Barry and Rasho, Peter Holt embarrases himself the same way as Onterio Smith getting caught with the Original Whizzinator in baggage check?

mikejones99
01-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Fuck you Midget, why are all Minnesota and phoenix and shitty teams talkin here for? GS NY DAL DEn

ShoogarBear
01-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Okay, now you've just completely crossed over into Foolish World, and it's clearly you have no actual real world relationship to what you're talking about, just fantasies about the way you have things worked out in your head.

Disease. I always loved that one. Can we get any more politically correct during this holiday (not chistmas) season?

"Politically correct". Phrase often used by people who don't have the faintest friggin idea what they're talking about.

-Alcohol abuse in twins is significantly higher in identical twins than in fraternal twins. If there was no genetic effect, then the rates should have been equal. About 50% of the dependence is statistically estimated to be due to genetic effects versus environmental effects. (Am J Psychiatry 1999 Jan;156(1):34-40.)

-Children of alcohol dependent parents who are adopted and raised by non-dependent parents still have an increased risk for alcohol dependence, impling that environment does not mitigate genetic predisposition. (Arch Gen Psychiatry 1973; 28:238.)

-First-degree relatives of alcohol dependent people are 3-4 times more likely to have alcohol dependence. (Mol Psychiatry 1997; 2:282.)

That's fine and dandy if it takes a while to stop drinking, but you calling other people's liar's on that account makes you a liar. Just like tobacco, some people HAVE stopped cold turkey but it doens't mean that most have the ability to do it. Are they liar's because i've sean my parents try to stop smoking and fall back? No.

:wtf

Hell yes, the best people on that committe would be the ones that have LIVED through it. Not the ones that are going through it now.

This statement, more than any other, crystallizes your cluelessness. Almost every person with alcohol dependence will tell you that s/he's GOING THROUGH IT NOW, even if they haven't touched a drink in 50 years.

You don't have a 14 year old boy teach sex ed, you don't have a 22 yr old NBA sophmore coaching the team. Been there, done that is the best teacher. Why on earth would you listen to someone who hasn't figured it out yet?

Okay, genuis: At what magic point in time is someone fit to be on the committee? 20 years sobriety? 30? 40? What's your magic formula for picking those people guaranteed to never relapse?

And the middle school lectures we we had here ALWAYS went like this. Boy finds temptations, Boy gives in to temptations, Boy gets in over his head, boy gets out, boy falls back into temptation (repaeat a few times) Something connects in his head and even nthough every day is a battle man now resists temptatoins and teaches others.

What "truth" does peter know? He knows how hard it is. How impossible it is for him. Is that a great thing for a kid to learn?

"hey buddy, take it from me, try as hard as you want to you'll never lick that "disease" But if you work really, really hard you might end up teaching others about the dangers and still getting sloshed every night."

You'd prefer : "Just stop and never drink again. Like me. It's as simple as that. It's easy." The Nancy Reagan method.

Personally i'd rather have some who's defeated something teach my son about the dangers then someone who's not being honest and still battling.

So in your infinite wisdom you have decided that those guys who stay sober for the rest of their lives are infinitely better than those scumbags who only manage a measly 20 years. 'Cause obviously their characters are SOOO different.

For $20 i'll teach everyon here how to easily make a million dollars. Its no big deal that i havn't conquered that problem yet though i'm sure as it seems like a minor deal to you.

Every time I think you said about the most non-sensical thing possible, you manage to top it.

Anyway, to get back to the original point, despite your ad-hominems, there's no evidence that Peter Holt was "not being honest", or was "sloshed every night", or did anything to public embarrass himself.

Tell me again, when was it that David Stern had to publicly reprimand Peter Holt? How about Glen Taylor?

ShoogarBear
01-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Soooooo in your own words even thoug the Spurs FO has made great moves, when they make moves like overpaying Barry and Rasho, Peter Holt embarrases himself the same way as Onterio Smith getting caught with the Original Whizzinator in baggage check?

Hate to break into your fantasies with facts, but
1. Holt checked himself in on his own volition.
2. Stern didn't reprimand or punish him.

Contrast that with the illustrious Glen Taylor.

If the NBA conducted a poll as to who has caused the most embarassment for the league . . . well, you don't want to go there.

sickdsm
01-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Squirm but you won't get past your opening statement about implying that your owner doesn't get publiclly embarrassed. YOUR the one who twisted this into "yeah well, glenn made some idiotic basketball decisions" You want to make fun of Glenn, no one is trying to say otherwise. You want to make fun of KG or someone's penus size, go ahead but they all have no relation to what YOU brought up. Your owner was publiclly embarrassed, theres no doubts about that. You want to bring up a poll, well, i've done that on a neutral site so we'll see if Peter holts' situation is publically humiliating. It doen'st matter what spurs fans think of him, there as biased as the wife of a wife-beater, "sure he gets a little upset some times, we all do, but deep down i know he loves me and it would just cause more trouble if you said anything......".

I do see though that you ignored my CNN/bush scenario. Hell, its a public embarrassment when the twins get a DUI or Jr. Snorts some cocaine, and there not even in the public eye!

I do have relatives that are alcoholics, as most people do. Quit acting like its HIV or something. The day i can go to a hospital and pee in a cup and give them some blood and they can tell me if i just drink too much or a have a disease is the day i agree with you and the rest of the liberals who stuck that word to Alcoholics so as to shift blame away from ourselves and make alcoholics the victims instead of their families.

You know i'm not one to get into an argument and bail but i think you also know my internet situation and i'm going home pretty soon so i may or may not get back on for a long time.

sickdsm
01-09-2006, 07:39 PM
I also ask you this simple question.

Was Peter embarrassed that he couldn't stay on the wagon moreso after joining the council?

ShoogarBear
01-10-2006, 12:41 AM
You were smart not to even try to attempt to address any of the medical evidence disproving your "alcohol dependence is not a disease" nonsense. THAT would have been embarrassing.

I ignored your Bush/CNN remark because it was off on on some peripheral lunatic rant of yours.

One of your problems is apparently you don't appreciate the distinction between (a) someone who acknowledges he has alcohol dependence and is making a valid effort to keep in remission, but fails as a lot of them do (and the six-month relapse rate in the US may be around 70%) and (b) someone who hasn't acknowledge their dependence or abuse and is making no attempt to control it. Until you grasp that, futher discussion is pointless.

Zombie Terri Schiavo
01-10-2006, 12:53 AM
This topic is making me thirsty.