PDA

View Full Version : Vince Doesn't choke

boutons_
01-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Down 2, Carter hits a very long 3G with 0.1 to beat the Raps, and to preserve and extend Nets streak to 10 Ws.

Nets nexts stop, SBC. Jefferson left the game after tweaking his back.

Will the Spurs break the Nets' streak, or start their own streak with 2 Ls?

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-08-2006, 04:05 PM
You're right...

He slaps...

Updated: Jan. 8, 2006, 3:20 PM ET
Raptors' Peterson ejected after slapping Carter
Associated Press

TORONTO -- Toronto Raptors' forward Morris Peterson was ejected from Sunday's game against the New Jersey Nets after slapping former teammate Vince Carter in the face.

Peterson got a technical for arguing a no-call late in the first half. About a minute later, Carter playfully slapped his ex-teammate in the face. An annoyed Peterson then slapped Carter.

Official Steve Javie didn't see the Carter slap, but he saw Peterson's and ejected him.

Carter, who is friends with Peterson, went to Javie to argue the call but to no avail.

Carter played for the Raptors from 1998-99 until being traded to the Nets in December, 2004.

boutons_
01-08-2006, 04:27 PM
I was switching between the Knicks and Nets games which were simultaneously close and in crunch time, and missed the slapping, but I did hear the announcers saying how weird it was that Vince was arguing AGAINST an opponent getting ejected.

Rummpd
01-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Big friggin deal, the 10 game streak is very nice but they beat only one good team the Heat on the road and the Cavs at home.

I can see the line now Carter 16 poinnts on 6-26 shooting hounded by Bowen.

It ends Tues.

boutons_
01-08-2006, 10:42 PM
If only the Spurs could get 10 games straight, rather than sputtering with no team coherence, no momentum, no confidence.

Vince dropped 43 on the Spurs @SBC last season in 38 minutes before Bruce took him out. And he has a better supporting cast this season. He's capable of having an unstoppable-Arenas type of night.

With Tim hurt and the team playing like shit, best way to avoid disappointment is have no expectations. :)

Go Spurs Go

Obstructed_View
01-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Vince is awesome. Too bad you never know when he's going to stop showing up.

Sense
01-09-2006, 12:41 AM
I'm gonna start giving respect to Vince because he owned the shit out of Canada there.

MannyIsGod
01-09-2006, 08:35 AM
Those slaps were a joke. Literally!

To be ejected on that shit is pure BS. Carter even told Javie it was a joke. What a fuck.

TDMVPDPOY
01-09-2006, 09:18 AM
spurs win, next!

King
01-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Carter said he's paying Peterson's fine - but that was a ridiculous call. And it was Javie, no surprise.

JamStone
01-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Vince is a bad, bad man. Cold-blooded. He's been playing ridiculous lately.

1Parker1
01-09-2006, 01:43 PM
Those slaps were a joke. Literally!

To be ejected on that shit is pure BS. Carter even told Javie it was a joke. What a fuck.

I know Vince slapped him as a joke, but did the other guy retaliate as a joke also?

boutons_
01-09-2006, 03:14 PM
"he other guy retaliate as a joke also?"

he wasn't laughing, he was clearly irritated,
but his slap was hardly anything but a girlie-man slap, not a punch.

TF at most, ejection never.

NBA, players and refs, fuck up again.

1Parker1
01-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Well, it was nice of VC to at least pay the fine for the guy and talk to the ref about it...I guess he didn't want the people of Toronto hating him any more than usual :lol

MannyIsGod
01-09-2006, 05:33 PM
"he other guy retaliate as a joke also?"

he wasn't laughing, he was clearly irritated,
but his slap was hardly anything but a girlie-man slap, not a punch.

TF at most, ejection never.

NBA, players and refs, fuck up again.He had just gotten a T so this was the second T.

It shouldn't have been anything. It was a fucking joke between 2 friends. Javie just sucks horrendous ass. I hate that guy.

ShoogarBear
01-09-2006, 07:24 PM
I though Javie had turned the corner, but that was complete BS, and he should be fined for it, especially since VC was trying to tell him what happened.

Obstructed_View
01-10-2006, 01:58 AM
Carter Bowened Pete. :)

DieMrBond
01-10-2006, 03:24 AM
Apparently Peterson isnt getting a fine anyway...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5234870
Peterson says he won't be fined for slap

CHICAGO (AP) - Toronto Raptors forward Morris Peterson says he won't face any fines for slapping former teammate Vince Carter in the face during Sunday's game against the New Jersey Nets.

Peterson spoke with Stu Jackson, the NBA's senior vice president of basketball operations, before Monday's game against the Chicago Bulls.

"I got a chance to talk to Stu Jackson. They reviewed everything and looked over everything and felt like there isn't going to be a fine assessed to me. That's the good news," Peterson said.

Peterson got a technical foul for arguing a no-call late in the first half. About a minute later, Carter playfully slapped his ex-teammate in the face. Peterson, clearly annoyed, then slapped Carter.

Official Steve Javie didn't see Carter's slap, but he saw Peterson's and gave him his second technical. After he was ejected, an irate Peterson tossed his jersey into the stands before leaving.

"I was upset about the first technical foul," Peterson said. "Vince just told me, 'Don't worry about it, don't sweat it.' We always joke around. It was just an unfortunate break for me. I just want to put yesterday behind."

Carter made a fadeaway 3-pointer with 0.1 seconds left to give the Nets a 105-104 victory. Peterson would have guarded Carter had he not been tossed.

ShoogarBear
01-10-2006, 03:33 AM
Vince may have some ideas now about trying that on Bruce . . .

1Parker1
01-10-2006, 09:26 AM
^:lol Hey, Bruce could reverse it and try it on Carter...

Obstructed_View
01-10-2006, 10:54 PM
25 points on only 28 shots when it counts. What a great job, Vince.