PDA

View Full Version : Rockets bad luck

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Apparently Swift and Mcgrady got hurt in tonights game, and I think i saw that Mcgrady had to be carried off on a stretcher. Hopefully its not career threatning

Pistons < Spurs
01-08-2006, 11:37 PM
McGrady re-injures back
Rockets star carted off on stretcher, taken to hospital

HOUSTON (AP) -- Houston star Tracy McGrady left Sunday night's game against Denver with a recurrence of severe back spasms.

The 6-foot-9 McGrady, who missed eight games earlier in the season because of back spasms, missed a deep jumper near the top of the key in the final seconds of the first half. He started backpedalling, stopped abruptly, bent over and crumpled to the floor, screaming in pain as the buzzer sounded.

McGrady was lifted onto a stretcher and rolled off the floor, surrounded by several team officials and owner Les Alexander. An ambulance took McGrady to the hospital.

The Rockets are already missing their other star, Yao Ming, who's out at least another month after surgery to remove an infection from his left big toe.

Guards Rafer Alston and Jon Barry recently returned from leg injuries and Derek Anderson remains sidelined with a calf strain. The backcourt trio has missed a total of 45 games this season.

McGrady had topped 30 points in Houston's last five games. He had 11 points on 5-for-14 shooting in the first half against Denver.

Leetonidas
01-09-2006, 01:05 AM
Poor T-Mac. I feel bad for him.

Nephets
01-09-2006, 06:22 AM
Talk about a HORRIBLE season! They were being hyped up to be possibly WCF champions!

Brutalis
01-09-2006, 07:04 AM
I saw the highlights.

Man, this looks like a career long injury for Tmac. I don't think he'll ever be fully healty. Back problems seem to never go away.

Kori Ellis
01-09-2006, 07:46 AM
True, he's had back problems since he was a rookie. I guess it will always plague him.

1Parker1
01-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Poor T-Mac. It's always a shame when good talented basketball players with so much potential suffer from nagging injuries season after season. :depressed

I hope tmac and the rest of the Rockets get healthy...I miss them as our contender in Texas :)

Brutalis
01-09-2006, 08:53 PM
TMac is a pimp. I dont care who says different. If he could stay healthy and 100% he could burn anyone anywhere anytime. That guy is freaking amazing.

I dont understand why he's downplayed.

boutons_
01-09-2006, 10:33 PM
the word is "chronic back cramps", which was the fear about Devin Brown. Devin's holding up so far. Tracy's back is very definitely chronic.

I haven't heard exactly what his back problem is. bulging disk? flattened disk? is surgery an option?

JamStone
01-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Interesting how many people felt that Houston clearly got the better end of the McGrady-Francis trade last year. But, with all of the injury problems Tracy McGrady has faced and will continue to face, it's becoming more and more evident that NEITHER team got a great deal.

Most consistently productive player in that deal probably has been Juwan Howard. Who woulda thunk it?

Supergirl
01-10-2006, 11:14 AM
the word is "chronic back cramps", which was the fear about Devin Brown. Devin's holding up so far. Tracy's back is very definitely chronic.

I haven't heard exactly what his back problem is. bulging disk? flattened disk? is surgery an option?

Devin doesn't play the minutes or carry the load that T-Mac does, either. A healthy T-Mac has the potential to be a superstar and carry a team. However, a healthy T-Mac does not appear to be what we have here on earth. If I were T-Mac I think I'd be pushing my coach and management to limit his minutes whenever he plays, just to protect his back from further damage/strain.

Taco
01-12-2006, 11:10 AM
I thought Houston would be better than Dallas but man they are sucking big time

Injurys are killing them

Horry For 3!
01-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Swift has a scratched eye. Hopefully he comes back sometime this week for the sake of the Rockets and my fantasy team.

boutons_
01-12-2006, 05:25 PM
"Devin doesn't play the minutes"

It's not always a matter of minutes. Bending over to brush your teeth can make a back prone to cramping go nuts.

Horry For 3!
01-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Swift has a scratched eye. Hopefully he comes back sometime this week for the sake of the Rockets and my fantasy team.
I just read somewhere that he'll miss this week and next :depressed