PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young

CosmicCowboy
01-09-2006, 10:34 AM
You suck! I know there is a thread in the college forum about this but this is club material too...

Damn...Why couldn't he have waited one more year and worked on his passing accuracy/timing? He can't run the option like that in the pros...defenses are just too big and fast. He is gonna get killed. Talk about going from high to low for Texas fans...*sigh*...the next best QB option they have is a redshirt freshman that is more of a pure passer...they are going to have to completely retool the offense...

King
01-09-2006, 10:39 AM
It would have been stupid for him to stay. His stock will never be higher than it is right now. UT will be fine. They probably won't go undefeated, but 9-10 wins isn't out of the question. They're going to become ridiculously run heavy, I imagine, with Charles, Melton, and Ramonce. And they still have great weapons in Sweed, Pittman, Cosby, et al. They'll make some noise.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Yeah, it wasn't a smart decision on his part. If he had stuck around they'd be the odds on favorite to repeat as national champs. The worst part of it all (at least for me) is that living in Houston now I get to hear every retard with three teeth and an opinion going on and on about how since he's from Houston the Texans should draft him. Yeah, that's fucking brilliant.

This is why I have a hard time giving a damn about college sports. Players are leaving for the pros so often that it's next to impossible to really learn to like a team for anything but blind devotion to the school.

King
01-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Such is college. They're gone in four years, anyway. How was it not a smart decision on his part? Because you like Texas?

His stock had nowhere to go but down. Even with his 'unorthodox throwing motion.' He just won a championship, is virtually guaranteed of a top 3 pick, and the last game he played in college - he had 470 total yards against the best team 'ever.' There's nothing more for him in Austin.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Actually I'm not a Texas fan. I was rooting for USC.

The reason I disagree with the decision has more do to with the fact that I'm never a fan of guys bailing early to go to the pros. Especially in a sport like football where a career ending injury can happen in a heartbeat, and even more so in the case of a scrambling QB like Young.

King
01-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Especially in a sport like football where a career ending injury can happen in a heartbeat, and even more so in the case of a scrambling QB like Young.

There's his reason.

One of them, anyhow.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-09-2006, 11:03 AM
There's his reason.

One of them, anyhow.

And there's millions of "reasons" waiting for him in the NFL. In his shoes I might do the same, but like I said, I'm not a fan of guys leaving college early in any sport.

pache100
01-09-2006, 11:19 AM
I'm never a fan of guys bailing early to go to the pros. Especially in a sport like football where a career ending injury can happen in a heartbeat, and even more so in the case of a scrambling QB like Young.

Precisely. Which is exactly WHY he made the right decision. If he were to suffer an injury next season playing with Texas, his chance to get into the NFL would be severly diminished if not gone in a puff of smoke. Sign as soon as you can and get all the money you can get. He had nothing to gain from staying at Texas for another year except a diploma (and Vince will finish school...a lot of guys who sign early don't, but Vince it too smart not to finish his education in the off-season); as Vince said, there is nothing left for him to accomplish as a college athlete. And, if he played for Texas another year and they SUCK (it could happen), you all would be whining and moaning, and crying in your beer..."why didn't he sign when he had the chance???" As has been stated here over and over...his stock will never be higher than it is right now.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-09-2006, 01:16 PM
I do wish him the best. Cosmic Cowboy, I don't know this for sure, but I have heard that our redshirt freshman QB Colt McCoy is pretty light on his feet too.

4.7 forty time is what I read somewhere.

We do have a young athletic prospect in high school right now that has verbally committed.

I think it will be cool going back to the ole running style Texas Football.

Hey! As long as we still beat OU and the gutless ags I will be a happy camper.

Solid D
01-09-2006, 01:37 PM
Vince Young...You suck! ...

:lol Right. Just when all sports-talk radio stations, ESPN, etc. is running polls on whether Vince Young's performance was the greatest of all time...or is Vince Young the greatest ever UT football player (better than Earl Campbell even)?

:bling :bling :bling

AlamoSpursFan
01-09-2006, 02:27 PM
All the next QB (McCoy or Snead) has to do is take the snap, turn around, and hand the ball to Charles or Taylor.

UT will be just fine next season.

batman2883
01-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Vince Young is a smart motherfucker, he outshined both heisman trophy winners and carried his team to a national championship...he wont be able to do that next year so why not enter the draft and get a chance to play for your hometown team......He's going to be living the Devin Brown dream...minus the championship that devin won in san antonio

FrankWhite
01-09-2006, 08:04 PM
True UT fans saw this coming. The bandwagoners are shocked.

Peter
01-09-2006, 08:22 PM
Why is it that when some white kid leaves college early to start a business, pursue a music/acting career, etc...he/she is 'industrious', a 'go getter' or whatever else but when a black kid does it he's fucked up?

FrankWhite
01-09-2006, 09:04 PM
It's not about race dawg. Only fools will take it there. Ignore those. It's just about the fans knowing they have a superstar playing QB for their team and being upset that he's leaving them. At LEAST he brought home a championship for Austin. Vince has always been about the TEAM. Nobody can fault him for choosing himself when it comes to his future.

hicksi
01-10-2006, 02:05 AM
Vince Young is a smart motherfucker, he outshined both heisman trophy winners and carried his team to a national championship...he wont be able to do that next year so why not enter the draft and get a chance to play for your hometown team......He's going to be living the Devin Brown dream...minus the championship that devin won in san antonio
Houston won't take him. They want Bush.
So his decision means a trip to the Big Easy. Not one that I would be taking, because he'll disappear in the coaching-management-mire there.

bigzak25
01-10-2006, 02:12 AM
Bush and Young are a toss up to me.

But Bush dances too much. He might be able to be learned in the fine art of running straight ahead in the pros. He's got barry sanders disease. But he could be another marshall faulk.

And Reinart is overrated as fuck.

Young? The texans would be fools not to take him. Marketing alone should make this a no brainer. But throw in the fact that the coach just go fired, and that Carr has been subpar?

Trade Carr. Upgrade the Line and RB core. Try to get a vet QB to show Vince the ropes for half season or a whole season. And then next year? Give Vince the team and watch the Texans shine. They had a decent D under Capers. Just need a tweak here and there.

Vince Young is the 1st pick in the draft. don't be fooled. Now is he going to the Texans or are they gonna trade down a spot let another team take Vince, and grab bush with pick #2? We shall see. I hope Vince goes to the Texans. I'd root for them in the afc and i don't want vince in the nfc.

Spam
01-10-2006, 02:24 AM
It's ALL about the benjamins. Vince ain't foolin' me.

pache100
01-10-2006, 10:12 AM
play for your hometown team......He's going to be living the Devin Brown dream

In Tennessee? That's where he's probably going to wind up. If not New Orleans. Neither of those are in Texas or anywhere near Vince's hometown.

Sportcamper
01-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Sounds like Vince Young can also do the "Texas Two Step"....