PDA

View Full Version : Has the second round started yet?

Pooh
04-29-2004, 03:34 PM
As much as I love seeing Pop whine and bitch about the Pacers, I think it's time for the second round to start. Has Miami or New Orleans decided to kill each other off yet?

pacersrule03
05-02-2004, 02:36 PM
First game is on Thursday May 6th.

Johnny Blaze 47
05-02-2004, 02:48 PM
(Disassociated Press) INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA - Pacers Head Coach Rick Carlisle started calling members of the media to explain how San Antonio Spurs center Radoslav Nesterovic can defend Los Angeles Lakers center Snaquille O'Neal better than most of the league.

Claiming statistics from the Pacers front office, Carlisle explained that O'Neal only scores 8 points per game when Nesterovic is the primary Spurs player guarding O'Neal.

"We've gone through play after play and Rasho is the only one in the NBA who can hold Snaq to less numbers, not even our own Ron Artest can make that claim," said the fourth-place finisher in NBA Coach of the Year honors this season.

San Antonio Spurs Head Coach Gregg Popovich thanked Carlisle for the kind words about his center. He also thanked Female Internet Reporter Kori Ellis for being the only one with cojones to stand up for his team and offer to shave her head if the Dallas Mavericks reached the second round of the NBA Playoffs.

"Kori's a firecracker," said the two-time NBA Champion coach (which Pacers coach Carlisle has none as a coach). "When she gets fired up, she can spew smack with the best of them. I can even hear her voice rising when she smacks those not worthy of being Spurs fans."

Popovich went on to say that while he would like to see his friend Carlisle and the Indiana Pacers in the NBA Finals, he said it would be a cold day in hell before the Pacers would even sniff the O'Brien trophy.

www.poohsahomer.net/02May04/carlislefakenumbers.html (http://www.poohsahomer.net/02May04/carlislefakenumbers.html)