PDA

View Full Version : Fortune's 100 best companies to work for

tlongII
01-09-2006, 04:08 PM
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/bestcompanies/full_list/

We made the list for the first time. Nice.

1Parker1
01-09-2006, 04:10 PM
^:lol Don't you work for Nike? @ #100?

lilmads
01-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Who is we?

pache100
01-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Well, dammit. I see my "company", the US Government, has failed to make the list yet again. :lol

1Parker1
01-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Well, dammit. I see my "company", the US Government, has failed to make the list yet again. :lol

:lol :lol

1Parker1
01-09-2006, 04:17 PM
My company didn't make it either (GSK), shocker! :spin

2Blonde
01-09-2006, 04:18 PM
How we pick the 100 Best:
To choose the 100 Best Companies to Work for, we rely on two things: our evaluation of the policies and culture of each company and the opinions of the company’s own employees. We give the latter more weight: Two-thirds of the total score comes from employee responses to a 57-question survey created by the Great Place to Work Institute in San Francisco. The survey goes to a minimum of 400 randomly selected employees from each company and asks about things such as attitudes toward management, job satisfaction, and camaraderie. The remaining third of the score comes from our evaluation of each company’s demographic makeup, pay and benefits programs, and the like. We score companies in four areas: credibility (communication to employees), respect (opportunities and benefits), fairness (compensation, diversity), and pride/camaraderie (philanthropy, celebrations). After evaluations are completed, if news about a company comes to light that may significantly damage employees’ faith in management, we may exclude that company from the list. About 1,500 companies contacted us or were recruited to participate; of them, 466 finished the exhaustive survey process. (Any company that is at least seven years old with more than 1,000 U.S. employees is eligible.) The deadline for applying for next year’s list is March 31, 2006; for an online nomination form, go to www.greatplacetowork.com. —Robert Levering and Milton Moskowitz
Interesting... Your company has to apply to be picked

Horry For 3!
01-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Valero Energy
Get quote: VLO
Headquarters: San Antonio, TX
Industry: Petroleum Refining
Large Companies Rank: 2
2004 Revenue ($ millions): 54,691
U.S. Sites: 1,160
What makes it so great?
When disaster strikes, this team pulls together. After hurricanes Katrina and Rita hit, Valero dispatched semis filled with supplies, set up temporary housing for employees, fed volunteers - and donated $1 million to the Red Cross.

:tu

pache100
01-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Interesting... Your company has to apply to be picked

Well, there you have it. My company's application is probably still sitting on some bureaucrat's desk awaiting signature!

Horry For 3!
01-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Whole Foods Market
Get quote: WFMI
Headquarters: Austin, TX
Industry: Food & Drug Stores
Large Companies Rank: 3
2004 Revenue ($ millions): 3,865
U.S. Sites: 206
What makes it so great?
Employees up and down the food chain at this natural foods market have benefited from its rapid growth. The stock has tripled in the past three years, and even part-timers are eligible for stock options.

2Blonde
01-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Well, there you have it. My company's application is probably still sitting on some bureaucrat's desk awaiting signature!
:lmao :lmao

Old School Chic
01-09-2006, 04:24 PM
I thought SBC (at&t) would be on the list...

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-09-2006, 04:59 PM
I see Ernst & Young ranked 67th your damn skippy thats a top ten place to work. My dad is a partner there and it blows me away at how much money they pay him to ask his assistants to run around for him.

When I was 15 my family went on a vaction for 6 days I being the bad kid I was needed to register for summer school. My mom was all pissed off and thought I would cause them to miss the trip. No worries dad phoned up the old assistant and she waited in line for about a hour and half on a friday at Roosevelt to get me register.

She earned it back though a assistant earns over 35k a year and my dad gave her a 6k chrismas bonus out of his own pocket. Summer school sign-ups and blow jobs don't run cheap in the big 4.

So who got the blow job your dad paid for? :lol

1Parker1
01-09-2006, 05:03 PM
I see Ernst & Young ranked 67th your damn skippy thats a top ten place to work. My dad is a partner there and it blows me away at how much money they pay him to ask his assistants to run around for him.

When I was 15 my family went on a vaction for 6 days I being the bad kid I was needed to register for summer school. My mom was all pissed off and thought I would cause them to miss the trip. No worries dad phoned up the old assistant and she waited in line for about a hour and half on a friday at Roosevelt to get me register.

She earned it back though a assistant earns over 35k a year and my dad gave her a 6k chrismas bonus out of his own pocket. Summer school sign-ups and blow jobs don't run cheap in the big 4.

Do you work there too now?