PDA

View Full Version : tp show

fred33
01-09-2006, 04:38 PM
guest; david robinson at home of tp there are david robinson tim duncan kenny smith and sean elliot for a commercial shoot

pache100
01-09-2006, 04:41 PM
guest; david robinson at home of tp there are david robinson tim duncan kenny smith and sean elliot for a commercial shoot

???????????????

That ought to be interesting!

fred33
01-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Yeah it's true for kenny smith i was the first surprised maybe a commercial for tnt and interview during piston spurs thursday

Phenomanul
01-09-2006, 04:49 PM
???????????????

That ought to be interesting!

Ran into the script of the commercial shoot;

Robinson clobbers Kenny.... and says "Where's my 95 Title B****!!!!"
Duncan says.... "It's OK... both of you all have two titles..."

Kenny Smith [frightened in the corner by the sight of Robinson's biceps] then says, "So we're cool then???"

Robinson goes, "Yeah, all is forgiven my brother..."

Duncan then says, "Of course, you know.... I have three titles....[raises three fingers from his right hand]"

Parker steps into the frame and sticks his head into the camera, "C'est la vie.... I want a third ring this year too!!!"

Kenny then yells out.... "LET THE TRUTH BE TOLD"

OK not really... but when I saw Kenny on the list this is what popped into my mind..... :lol :lol

fred33
01-09-2006, 04:55 PM
robert horry also at home with tp for commercial

Summers
01-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Cool! Can't wait for Thursday.

1Parker1
01-09-2006, 05:00 PM
No Manu? :(

fred33
01-09-2006, 05:03 PM
manu i don't know he hasn't say manu

ducks
01-09-2006, 05:50 PM
No Manu? :(

tp hates manu did you not hear :rolleyes

Bruno
01-14-2006, 07:10 PM
This tpshow was great, if people want listen Robinson and Horry interview (it's in english) : http://www.tp9.net/audio/09012006.asx

Parker's website has transcripted Robinson's Interview :
http://www.tp9.net/en/itw.php?id=106

David, how is your new life ?

It is great to be retired and spend time with the family. I was tired of traveling all year long. I can now finally enjoy my children; I play basketball with them which enables me to move those old rusty legs. With fourteen years of basketball, my body has taken a lot of hits and this is the reason why I do not miss pro ball. I can now rest and it is much appreciated.

Do you have any professional activities ?

Along with my wife, we have created a schooling academy in San Antonio and I am extremely proud of it. It is a school where students have to learn three languages: German, Japanese and Spanish. I also teach once a week a bible study with some 250 people. Religion has an extremely important part in my life.

Are you still in contact with the 1990’s Spurs ?

Yes, I have remained in contact with much of my teammates but Denis Rodman is not one of them. Rodman lives in his own little world and has yet to invite me in to join ! (Laughs) :lol

What do you think of this year’s Spurs team ?

I love the experience and the atmosphere surrounding this team. The most important is that the Spurs have won the title last year and they showed that they could win and they knew how to play together. The recent additions of Van Exel and Finley only reinforce San Antonio’s strengths. If everyone is healthy and that Tim (Duncan) plays and performs with his full abilities, I see no reason why the Spurs could not win yet another title.

What do you think about Tony ?

He is someone that I truly appreciate but I must tell you that he is amongst the players that pushed me to retire. One day at practice, I was chasing him down and could not catch up with him. I could not understand what was happening to me as I always was able to match up with the guards. At that moment I realized that facing this little guy, seventeen years younger than me it was time to put the shoes in the closet. (laughs)

You had the honor to play with the 1992 Dream Team. What souvenir do you keep from that period ?

This team may have been the best ever in the history of the game. I was honored to represent my country with teammates such as Jordan, Magic, Bird or Pippen. It is one of the highlight of my career. The atmosphere was excellent. The difference between now and then was in the mentality of the players. In 1992, each and every player was ready to pass the ball, we played as a team. If one of us felt tired, I just told the coach and someone came out of the bench. Unfortunately today, it does not world quite like that.

Game wise, what do you think about this new generation of players ?

There is an enormous pool of talent in the US. International basketball is also now featured on the map and has made at lot of progress. We can witness this with TP and Manu who were almost unknown from the US crowds at their arrivals while today they are amongst the best players in the league. As for me, the US players ought to be more disciplined. The can not win a lot of money and on the side, do drugs or drink alcohol. They must seize the opportunity ahead of them as they need to remember that a mere forty years ago, blacks were not admitted in some sports in the US.