PDA

View Full Version : Fear of doctors.....

CharlieMac
01-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Those guys terrify me. You know, I've known some rough people in my life, but I think one of the most universal fears is of doctors and hospitals.

I was at the doctor today, and even though it's been done dozens of times in my life, I still get scared shitless of of that process.

bigzak25
01-09-2006, 09:26 PM
proctologist?

JoeChalupa
01-09-2006, 09:30 PM
proctologist?

Beat me to it. :lol

bigzak25
01-09-2006, 09:33 PM
great minds joe. :tu :lol

i don't like doctors either. can't trust them.

fraga
01-09-2006, 09:40 PM
You better not go man...there gonna find something wrong with you...

JoeChalupa
01-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Well I'm 45 now and I'm getting a full physical soon. :oops

jeezieC
01-09-2006, 09:43 PM
I love healers.

Vashner
01-09-2006, 10:27 PM
How many MRI's have you had? ... now that sucks..

Summers
01-09-2006, 10:49 PM
I think most of them are aloof and arrogant, but not scary. Except gynocologists. They seem to really like chicks and their profession. Go figure. Male gynocologists are gentler than females. In my experience.

T Park
01-09-2006, 10:52 PM
had surgery today to remove a kidney stone.

Removed it, no more pain, everything works great.

Doctors are ok in my book.

Guru of Nothing
01-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Well I'm 45 now and I'm getting a full physical soon. :oops

Hahaha!

I got my last physical just before I turned 40. My doctor seemed as relieved as me that "certain things" could be postponed.

Cool2LOVE
01-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Drink more water bro! Glad your ok.

Guru of Nothing
01-09-2006, 10:59 PM
I think most of them [doctors]are aloof and arrogant, but not scary. Except gynocologists. They seem to really like chicks and their profession. Go figure. Male gynocologists are gentler than females. In my experience.

I picture female gygnecologists wearing stockings and brandishing whips.

It's probably just me and I should probably just shut up.

Cool2LOVE
01-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Gyno is over rated. Better to be a plastic surgeon. You make women feel better about themselves, make boocoup bucks and take your pick of the litter as most of these women have issues with insecurity.

Jekka
01-10-2006, 01:30 AM
Gyno is over rated. Better to be a plastic surgeon. You make women feel better about themselves, make boocoup bucks and take your pick of the litter as most of these women have issues with insecurity.

I really don't understand why some men romanticize the idea of being a gynecologist - I mean, other than yearly "well woman" exams, the only reason a woman goes to one is if something is wrong - and who wants to see that?

Cant_Be_Faded
01-10-2006, 01:50 AM
my cousin is a nurse and after she showed me "the book" i have to say a gynecologist is probably one of the worst things you could possibly be

GiG's Doctor
01-10-2006, 09:29 AM
You have nothing to fear we are hear to help.

Now gently roll over on your side and be prepared your gonna feel a warm pushing sensation as I insert my two fingers.

sa_butta
01-10-2006, 09:33 AM
I dont mind Doctors too much, but I hate hospitals. Even if Im there to see someone else they make me nauseous.

SpursWoman
01-10-2006, 09:34 AM
The Aunt Bea's and the Rosie O'Donnell's get annual exams, too ... you can't pick & choose. There's nothing sexual about gynocology...unless you want to go to jail. :)

Phenomanul
01-10-2006, 09:43 AM
I really don't understand why some men romanticize the idea of being a gynecologist - I mean, other than yearly "well woman" exams, the only reason a woman goes to one is if something is wrong - and who wants to see that?

I agree.... Wait.. there is an emoticon for this one.....

Ah... here it is: :vomit :vomit :vomit

ObiwanGinobili
01-10-2006, 11:01 AM
I think most of them are aloof and arrogant, but not scary. Except gynocologists. They seem to really like chicks and their profession. Go figure. Male gynocologists are gentler than females. In my experience.

mine too.

i had a female obyn that was wanting me to drop trou for every stinking appt..... and at 8 & 9 months thats every fricking week. it got so that I just wanted to cancel and hope that she wasn't on call when I gave birth.

this last Doc was a male. :tu awesome. He was just great. very nice, very gentle. and the fact that he was Dr.goodlookingitalian didn't hurt either.:lol

Summers
01-10-2006, 11:05 AM
mine too.

i had a female obyn that was wanting me to drop trou for every stinking appt..... and at 8 & 9 months thats every fricking week. it got so that I just wanted to cancel and hope that she wasn't on call when I gave birth.

this last Doc was a male. :tu awesome. He was just great. very nice, very gentle. and the fact that he was Dr.goodlookingitalian didn't hurt either.:lol

That certainly doesn't hurt, does it? :lol I love how gynos put nice pictures on the ceiling for you to look at. The really nice ones put pics of beefcakes on the ceilings. :tu

Summers
01-10-2006, 11:06 AM

You've obviously never had a yeast infection and wanted to kiss the person writing out the prescription to cure it.

SequSpur
01-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Well, I worked on the OB/Gyn unit at BAMC for a couple of years and after teaching preop douche classes to old ladies for 2 years, I must say, Gyns have smelly jobs.

SpursWoman
01-10-2006, 11:10 AM
My experience was the opposite....my female doctor is awesome. She actually takes the time during appointments to talk instead of rushing in, writing a script and then rushing back out.

The male doctor that delivered my son was a moron, and whenever I tried to describe something I felt was odd, he'd just give me this blank stare and nod his head. Typical for a husband/boyfriend...but not a preferable trait in a doctor. :lol