PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Vick arrested on gun charges

sa_butta
01-10-2006, 09:49 AM
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=sportsNews&storyID=2006-01-10T041340Z_01_KWA015078_RTRUKOC_0_US-NFL-VICK.xml

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Former Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick, the younger brother of Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael, was arrested on Monday and charged with three counts of brandishing a firearm.
According to a report in the Richmond Times-Dispatch, a warrant for Vick's arrest was issued after the parent of a 17-year-old male said the quarterback pointed a weapon at her son and two others after an altercation in a restaurant parking lot.

Brandishing a firearm is punishable by up to 12 months in jail and a fine of $2,500.

Vick's latest problems come just three days after he was dismissed from the Hokies football team for unsportsmanlike conduct at the Gator Bowl.

Vick was seen stomping on the leg of defensive lineman Elvis Dumervil while he was on the ground during Virginia's 35-24 win over Louisville on Monday.

Whether or not he goes to jail I think he is screwed. He is too much of a headcase to take a chance on him in the league. Really too bad, I thought he was a good athelete.

McKenzie
01-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Man, talk about shooting yourself in the foot. This guy is trouble walking.

ShoogarBear
01-10-2006, 12:01 PM
He and Maurice Clarett will be in the NEXT remark of The Longest Yard.

Vashner
01-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Yea find a jail with a good football program...

He'll be setup and protected... gravy. Maybe till like one night at 2 AM 4-6 guys rush into his cell and the screaming starts ..

(ok I watched too much Ozz).

McKenzie
01-10-2006, 05:51 PM
Yeah, he is. But, who in the hell is dumb enough to pick him? Michael was telling him that he wasn't coming out this year. He was going to finish school. Getting himself booted off the team probably wasn't part of big brother's plan. I'll bet Vick is mighty pissed off right now.

sa_butta
01-11-2006, 01:05 PM
Prolly like 4th rounder if someone wants to give him a shot. Thats being nice.

Rescueone
01-11-2006, 04:24 PM
the last pick of the draft is more like it, if at all.

exstatic
01-12-2006, 08:41 AM
He cost himself huge on draft position. I thought he was like a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Now, he'll be lucky to go on the first day. I wouldn't pick him, but someone will.