PDA

View Full Version : Would you........

SequSpur
01-10-2006, 10:48 AM
wear a Vince Carter jersey to a spurs game even if you were a spurs fan?

or a Lebron, Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Magic, etc. etc. etc.???

Just wondering.....

:lol

polandprzem
01-10-2006, 10:50 AM
What would be the reason?
A bet?
Amount of money?
?

TDMVPDPOY
01-10-2006, 10:58 AM
fuck no

KEDA
01-10-2006, 11:00 AM
no, the only non-spurs jersey that I have ever worn to a Spurs game was my Wizards Jordan jersey, and that was his final game here in S A.

other then that one time thing, NO NEVER!!!

1Parker1
01-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Well, I plan on wearing my Spurswear to the Sixers Spurs game next month :)

lilmads
01-10-2006, 11:49 AM
no way. spurs all the way!

pache100
01-10-2006, 11:53 AM

Just wondering.....

I wouldn't wear anything with any of those names on it (with the possible exception of Lebron) for any reason...not even money.

Ishta
01-10-2006, 11:58 AM
no, no ,no ,no and a big FUCK NO

Big Pimp_21
01-10-2006, 12:06 PM
what i don't understand is why a person would wear a jersey of a team that isn't even playing to a game. I went to the Spurs v. TWolves game last Friday, and saw all kinds of Cavs, Lakers, etc. jerseys being worn. I can understand if we are playing one of those teams, but COME ON. I even saw someone wearing a Philadephia Eagles jersey to a Spurs game....that just baffles me!

sa_butta
01-10-2006, 12:07 PM
definitely not to a Spurs game.

SpursWoman
01-10-2006, 12:10 PM
I don't think it's a big deal...although you'd probably get a few raised eyebrows and colorful remarks for wearing a Carter jersey and yelling for the Spurs. Kind of odd.

Solid D
01-10-2006, 12:46 PM

Just wondering.....

Be true to your heart Sequ...and take a phone book if you want to be seen wearing Vince's gear.

JamStone
01-10-2006, 01:13 PM
SequSpur,

I say wear your Vince Carter jersey proudly, wear a white head band, and bring the rapper Nelly so you can dance with him. Bring a sign that reads "Half Man, Half Amazing" for every time VC scores, and stand up and say "whoop, there it is!" I'm sure you will be received very well at the SBC.

SenorSpur
01-10-2006, 01:18 PM
Hell to the NO!

MrChug
01-10-2006, 01:28 PM
I have to admit that I have worn quite a few jerseys in my day. I probably would NOT wear the opposing teams jersey. The only time I did was back in the "Run TMC" days and people thought I was a Golden State fan...I wasn't. Just a Mullin fan. Even though I don't give a rats fat azz what people think, the Spurs issue is just a different story. So no...never again.

pache100
01-10-2006, 01:42 PM
what i don't understand is why a person would wear a jersey of a team that isn't even playing to a game. I went to the Spurs v. TWolves game last Friday, and saw all kinds of Cavs, Lakers, etc. jerseys being worn. I can understand if we are playing one of those teams, but COME ON. I even saw someone wearing a Philadephia Eagles jersey to a Spurs game....that just baffles me!

I always wonder about that, too. I have to admit I wore a Spurs tshirt to a Silver Stars game once, but that was before I had a Silver Stars tshirt. Now, I would only wear a S-Stars shirt to their games (or I'd wear a plain shirt).

But, I see every hockey team jersey you can imagine when I go to Rampage games. What's up with that? If you don't have a Rampage jersey (or a jersey from the team they are playing if you are a fan), just wear a regular shirt.

There's NOTHING I hate worse than seeing a Lakers jersey (ANYTHING Lakers) at a Spurs game!

dougp
01-10-2006, 01:55 PM
I think it's stupid to wear any Lakers jersey at any place in San Antonio, period ... along with Allen, Carter & Shaq jerseys.

I know I harrass people when I'm in town and they're wearing them.

ShoogarBear
01-10-2006, 02:10 PM
Dead Meat Forum.

Mixability
01-10-2006, 02:18 PM
I've never purchased any non-Spur jerseys. I bleed silver and black. :fro

E20
01-10-2006, 02:33 PM
Yeah umm, Vince sucks as a player.

Dre_7
01-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Yeah umm, Vince sucks as a player.

I dunno about that. Just cuz Bowen owns him doesnt mean he sucks. There are a lot of great players in the NBA that get owned by Bowen. Doesnt mean they suck.

clooneyschick04
01-10-2006, 03:41 PM

Thank you!! It drives me mad!

During the World Series (I know this isn't Spurs-related but it is thread related) you would see alot of Yankees or Red Sox and I even saw a few Detroit Tigers hats.

It's one of my BIGGEST pet peeves. :spin

E20
01-10-2006, 03:42 PM
I dunno about that. Just cuz Bowen owns him doesnt mean he sucks. There are a lot of great players in the NBA that get owned by Bowen. Doesnt mean they suck.
It's more of a me not likeing Vince as a player.

Mixability
01-10-2006, 03:47 PM

:tu I hate Kobe...... but not personally, its just because he's that good. He deserves to be hated and I'm sure he strives on that. Just like Manu enjoys being boo-ed at Denver.

Oh, Gee!!
01-10-2006, 03:54 PM
I wear Dallas Cowboys shit to Spurs games. So, sue me

ALVAREZ6
01-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Well, I plan on wearing my Spurswear to the Sixers Spurs game next month :)
So do I.

spurs=bling
01-10-2006, 04:42 PM
uh .....NO

Rynospursfan
01-10-2006, 07:00 PM

Being here in Portland I only get a chance to see a couple Spurs games a year. I of course represent with some Spurs gear. But I must admit I have worn Spurs stuff to Blazer games when they are not playing the Spurs as well. Not only is it a large part of my casual wardrobe but I like to represent my team and show all the Blazer fans what it feels like to root for a real team.

:smokin

alamo50
01-10-2006, 07:08 PM

Just wondering.....

I can't imagine anybody doing that and even call himself/herself a Spurs fan.

Oh, Gee!!
01-10-2006, 07:19 PM
I can't imagine anybody doing that and even call himself/herself a Spurs fan.

you can be a fan of basketball and good basketball players and still be a spurs fan. Admittedly, I would wonder about someone who wears a Karl Malone or Shaq jersey, but I see nothing wrong with the Vince Carter or LeBron or Jordan jersey.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-10-2006, 07:36 PM
I've never worn a jersey to a game, unless I'm expecting to play.

MI21
01-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Throwbacks would be fine.

exstatic
01-10-2006, 09:40 PM
I wouldn't wipe the corn from my crack with a Carter jersey.

NZHayden
01-11-2006, 06:48 AM
na