PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's Legend

Medvedenko
01-10-2006, 12:09 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5236352

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Kobe Bryant accomplished something Michael Jordan never did.

FOX Bite
Videos

Kobe lifts Lakers, again
For the fourth consecutive game, Lakers guard Kobe Bryant exploded for 45-plus points, this time in a 96-90 win over the visiting Pacers. Hear from the record-setting superstar after the victory.

Or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
Or Larry Bird.

Or anyone else in more than 41 years.

Kobe Bryant torched the Pacers for 45 points Monday night. (Noah Graham/NBAE via / Getty Images)

Bryant scored 45 points, making him the first player to score at least that many in four consecutive games since November 1964, and the Los Angeles Lakers beat the Indiana Pacers 96-90 Monday night for their third straight victory.

The last player to score at least 45 or more points in four consecutive games was Wilt Chamberlain, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

"I am just blessed. I have just been blessed to be able to play this game. I am just very fortunate," Bryant said.

Regarding his accomplishments, Bryant said: "I try not to think about it too much. I just try to stay in the moment as much as possible. With that being said, I still appreciate greatness and feel very blessed, very fortunate, of what's going on. I am very lucky."

Bryant scored 45 points on Dec. 28 against Memphis, 48 last Friday night against Philadelphia, and 50 on Saturday night against the Clippers.

He sat out games against Utah on Jan. 1-3 after being suspended for two games for elbowing Mike Miller in the Memphis game - a flagrant foul.

"I think that it's remarkable," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said of Bryant's latest accomplishment.

Jackson was the coach in Chicago when Jordan led the Bulls to six championships in the 1990s.

"Hey, the guy's at the top of his game," Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said when asked about Bryant. "We're witnessing true greatness. It's a rare opportunity to see a guy perform at this level."

Bryant scored 17 points in the fourth quarter, reaching 45 by making two free throws with 9.6 seconds left. He also had 10 rebounds and five assists. He had become the first player with at least 45 in three straight games since Jordan accomplished the feat in 1990.

"Right now, he's got it cookin'," said teammate Lamar Odom, who had 17 points and 12 rebounds.

"He's a rare one. You take your hat off to a guy like that," said Jermaine O'Neal, who led the Pacers with 24 points and 16 rebounds but scored only two points in the fourth quarter, when he missed all four of his attempts from the foul line.

"I'm so disappointed right now," he said. "We were there until I coughed the game up. At the end of the game, I felt like I let the team down. There is no excuse."

O'Neal had missed three games because of illness before returning Sunday night in Sacramento, when he had 12 points and eight rebounds in just 22 minutes of a 108-83 Indiana victory. He played 44 1/2 minutes against the Lakers.

Kwame Brown added nine points and nine rebounds for the Lakers (18-16).

Anthony Johnson scored 14 points and rookie Danny Granger had 12 points and nine rebounds for the Pacers (18-14). Indiana's Stephen Jackson, who scored a season-high 31 points in Sacramento, was limited to 25 minutes because of foul problems and scored only eight.

Bryant made a basket with 1:46 remaining to snap an 85-all tie and put the Lakers ahead for good. O'Neal missed two free throws 12 seconds later, and Odom made a 3-pointer with 1:20 left to give the Lakers a five-point lead.

Bryant's last two points made it 95-90 and clinched the victory. Bryant shot 14-of-32 from the field including 2-of-6 from 3-point range and 15-of-21 from the foul line.

The Lakers scored the first eight points of the fourth quarter to go ahead 72-65. But the Pacers responded by going on a 12-4 run for a 77-76 lead. Neither team led by more than four points after that until Odom's big 3-pointer.

O'Neal scored six points during a 13-3 run that gave Indiana a 60-57 lead. The Pacers led 65-64 entering the fourth quarter.

Neither team led by more than four points in the second period, which ended with the Lakers on top 47-45. Bryant had 20 points at that stage.

Jackson began the game guarding Bryant, but went to the bench with two fouls just 3 1/2 minutes into the game and didn't return until the second quarter.

David Harrison and O'Neal each scored five points as the Pacers jumped out to a 14-8 lead. Bryant scored 11 points in the last 5:45 of the opening period to spark a 16-8 run that put the Lakers ahead 24-22.

I'm sure all of you will find room to hate, but we are wittnessing something special. His achievements are staggering, and if this was a Spur you'd be creaming your pants in glee.

alamo50
01-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Too bad it's a team sport.

JamStone
01-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Kobe Bryant is an awesome basketball player. No denying it. Can he lead his team to championships as the no. 1 go-to guy? We'll see ...

alamo50
01-10-2006, 12:53 PM
How can he be a go-to guy?
He always has the ball because of lack of talent joining it in piss and purple on the floor.

Medvedenko
01-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Kobe has one the championship as the #1 option. See Lakers 3 peat. Any denying this fact is delusional.
Yes it's a team sport, but someone needs to put the ball in the hoop and unfortunately he's the only consistent option on the floor.

Sportcamper
01-10-2006, 01:07 PM
It is a shame that the children of San Antonio are not able to witness history in the making on a nightly basis...

I was not around when Wilt Chamberlain was in his prime...But when I watch Kobe, I feel as though someone even greater is playing today.... :smokin

Medvedenko
01-10-2006, 01:10 PM
I guess I thought posting on an NBA forum albeit a Spur's one it still surprises me the hate towards Kobe. He's putting up crazy #'s and his team is winning and people still find room to gripe and complain. He's so far ahead of anyone in the L right now it's not even funny.

Sportcamper
01-10-2006, 01:24 PM
I know what you mean....Kobe scores 45 points 3 games in a row & FSP’s headlines are about Yao’s big toe...Golden States Interest in Artest...And some guy name Paul sore thumb.... :lol

1Parker1
01-10-2006, 01:36 PM
I personally love watching Kobe on the court. There's no denying his talent and the competiveness that drives him. Clearly he's the #1 option on a team with limited talent. But, sometimes I watch his game and I see at least 5-8 shots per game where I think, "Man, if he had passed the ball instead of forcing the ball and taking that ill-advised shot...Lakers could have scored." IMO, he really needs to work on that.

I think the problem with Kobe is that people let his off-court image/actions affect their perception of him. Which is understandable given all the off-court drama he's been involved in over the past few years.

JamStone
01-10-2006, 01:44 PM
First of all, I don't know if you were referring to me, but I'm not hating on Kobe Bryant at all. I think he's clearly one of the best players in the league. All I said was we don't know yet if he can carry a team to a championship.

Secondly, as great as Kobe is, he's not "so far ahead of anyone in the L" right now. I personally think he's better than LeBron James, but LeBron is not far behind. I think Kevin Garnett is easily at the same level as Kobe even if his stats are a little down this year. KG just doesn't try to score 40 points a game. Allen Iverson is easily at the same level as Kobe, even though Kobe is a little better. And, argue all you want, but Vince Carter is playing just as well as Kobe is right now. Making a blanket statement that Kobe is far and away better than everyone else in the league really shows your bias.

Kobe has one the championship as the #1 option. See Lakers 3 peat. Any denying this fact is delusional.
Yes it's a team sport, but someone needs to put the ball in the hoop and unfortunately he's the only consistent option on the floor.

Lastly, in which championship of the Lakers threepeat was Kobe the #1 option? You're kidding right?

1999-2000 REGULAR SEASON
Kobe Bryant: 22.5 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 4.9 apg
Shaquille O'Neal: 29.7 ppg, 13.6 rpg, 3.8 apg

2000 PLAYOFFS
Kobe Bryant: 21.1 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 4.4 apg
Shaquille O'Neal: 30.7 ppg, 15.4 rpg, 3.1 apg

2000-01 REGULAR SEASON
Kobe Bryant: 28.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 5.0 apg
Shaquille O'Neal: 28.7 ppg, 12.7 rpg, 3.7 apg

2001 PLAYOFFS
Kobe Bryant: 29.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.1 apg
Shaquille O'Neal: 30.4 ppg, 15.4 rpg, 3.2 apg

2001-02 REGULAR SEASON
Kobe Bryant: 25.2 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 5.5 apg
Shaquille O'Neal: 27.2 ppg, 10.7 rpg, 3.0 apg

2002 PLAYOFFS
Kobe Bryant: 26.6 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 4.6 apg
Shaquille O'Neal: 28.5 ppg, 12.6 rpg, 2.8 apg

When again was Kobe the no. 1 option for a Lakers championship team? Even if you want to argue that Kobe and Shaq were both both equally the no. 1 go-to guy, that doesn't change the my question wondering if Kobe can carry and lead his team to championship as the no. 1 go-to guy. Not sharing the that responsibility. But, being the flat out no. 1 option. You can criticize Shaquille O'Neal the same way. What has Shaq won without Kobe? True. But, Shaq has a better argument that he was the number one option on those Lakers teams. And, Shaq has been to the NBA finals and to another conference final without Kobe. The one year Kobe did not have Shaq, his team failed to make the playoffs.

Kobe is great. He's probably a hall of famer already. But, don't get too carried away.

TDMVPDPOY
01-10-2006, 01:52 PM
kobe n legend should not be in the same sentence or topic, he hasnt even lead a team on his own to the championship ring yet, stats dont mean shit, records are always broken, sooner or layter sumone by the name of lehype james is goin to break it.

fuck kobe.

Medvedenko
01-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Pure Hate.....from all so called fans of the NBA. Like I said in all my posts throughout this pointless arguement. Kobe's compared to Jordan, Wilt, Baylor, and other greats, the rest of the players, Wade, Lebron, Tmac, and Vince are compared to Kobe. That's the difference. I'm not denying the fact said players are great, they are, but when you watch the All-Star game this year, you'll clearly see who's better. The #'s he's putting up in a L with zone defenses, no second option, scarse shooting help, it's begs to think what if he played in Jordan's era.

1Parker1
01-10-2006, 02:07 PM
it's begs to think what if he played in Jordan's era.

:lol I'd say Kobe is probably the "closest" thing to a MJ type of player we have in the NBA, but no way could Kobe have held his own against an MJ in his prime. Especially if you factor in their respective team-mates.

baseline bum
01-10-2006, 02:25 PM
That 14-32 and 17-41 dominance those last two games was amazing.... but I'd be more impressed if he shot 45% when he scored 45.

Medvedenko
01-10-2006, 02:31 PM
I'm not comparing a head to head, all I'm saying is if you put Kobe today in the era of Jordan, Bird and Magic, it would be crazy.

Of course I would like him score 45 points and average 50%. The type of game he plays and how the coaches have instructed the team, he takes most of the bail out shots for his team which reduce his fg%, not to mention being doubled and tripled most often.

Remember he did score 48 vs Philly in his latest streak:
19/29 and 7/7 3's

Horry For 3!
01-10-2006, 03:57 PM
That is bout only good for my Fantasy Team :tu

Oh, Gee!!
01-10-2006, 04:26 PM
kobe n legend should not be in the same sentence or topic, he hasnt even lead a team on his own to the championship ring yet, stats dont mean shit, records are always broken, sooner or layter sumone by the name of lehype james is goin to break it.

fuck kobe.

I hope English is not your first language.

King
01-10-2006, 04:43 PM
That 14-32 and 17-41 dominance those last two games was amazing.... but I'd be more impressed if he shot 45% when he scored 45.

Er - 14-32 is 44%. Unless it's that one percentage point that's going to push him over the top in your book.

Or what about the game where he scored 62 in three quarters on 58% shooting?

Medvedenko
01-10-2006, 05:14 PM
My entire point is this....no one will be happy until Kobe wins a championship with a team comprised of special olympians coached by emanual lewis.

alamo50
01-10-2006, 06:36 PM
I was not around when Wilt Chamberlain was in his prime...But when I watch Kobe, I feel as though someone even greater is playing today.... :smokin

:lmao

Wake me up when Kobe gets a ring without Shaq, KG or Timmy.

:rolleyes

Medvedenko
01-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Wake me up when Kobe gets a ring without Shaq, KG or Timmy.

Wake me up when Drob wins a ring without TD...oh yeah shit I forgot...that scrub didn't win shit until another All-star joined him...woops.

alamo50
01-10-2006, 07:04 PM
WTF are you talking about?

The Admiral took a step back in '99 aknowledging Timmy was a better player.
Therefore we are where we are today.

It's the complete opposite in every which way to what's been going on in Lalaland since Kobe came over from Charlotte.

Medvedenko
01-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Kobe from Canada??????
Anyway, Like I said....Drob's saxaphone playing days coupled with his b-ball talents didn't win shit until a second option was on board. So, to sum it up, no 1 player can lead his team without help from the team.

alamo50
01-10-2006, 07:15 PM
no 1 player can lead his team without help from the team.

Exactly!
Case closed!

GO KOBE!

:rollin

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Kobe is a rare combination in pro sports - a rapist and a ballhog.

Suck it faker fans.

SA Gunslinger
01-10-2006, 09:01 PM

Suck it faker fans.

I would have to say that these two character traits are interlinked.

Obstructed_View
01-10-2006, 10:58 PM
My entire point is this....no one will be happy until Kobe wins a championship with a team comprised of special olympians coached by emanual lewis.
Why would you expect anyone here to be happy if Kobe wins a championship? I'll be happy when he's in prison where he belongs.

Sense
01-11-2006, 01:39 AM
It is a shame that the children of San Antonio are not able to witness history in the making on a nightly basis...

Fans like this are stupid.

It seems that Kobe's only future goal is to be remembered. He obviously has no shot at winning another championship, so making "history" will have to be his new goal.

Don't get me wrong, it's working... but the sad truth is, the team still blows..

I mean, what team? Kobe still blows.

E20
01-11-2006, 02:12 AM

Suck it faker fans.
Kobe ain't a raper, it turned out that the the girl was a money driven trailer whore who only accused Kobe for the money. That is why he was proven innocent, he still did a bad thing on cheating his wife though, but I guess everybody should hate Magic Johnson then too.

Brutalis
01-11-2006, 02:22 AM
I think Laker fans are pissed the Spurs tainted them constantly.

I guess I would be too if my team fell off the face of the earth only to see their rivals keep doing what they've been doing. I mean OLD rivals. The other team has to be competitive for it to still be a rival. Sorry kid.

Duncan would score 45 each night too if he had a no-talent roster. Kobe fans need to shut the fuck up and accept their 2 star franchise.

MajicMan
01-11-2006, 03:24 AM
I think Laker fans are pissed the Spurs tainted them constantly.

I guess I would be too if my team fell off the face of the earth only to see their rivals keep doing what they've been doing. I mean OLD rivals. The other team has to be competitive for it to still be a rival. Sorry kid.

Duncan would score 45 each night too if he had a no-talent roster. Kobe fans need to shut the fuck up and accept their 2 star franchise.

Old rivals? Well we got the best of you during that rivalry. Spurs fans need to stop gloating after the fact that we imploded our team and that is the only reason why the Spurs even have something to say. Stop pretending like you administered the final blow to us and stuck the dagger in our heart. Sloppy seconds champions is what you are.

Warlord23
01-11-2006, 03:30 AM
I dunno why the big hype and hoopla about Kobe's 4 game 45+ streak. Sure he's a great scorer, but an inefficient one. And it's not like he's actually treading uncharted territory or anything is it? Speaking of 4-game stretches ...

MJ in 1987 had 4 games with 198 points, (dunno abt FG%, but likely > 50%)
MJ in 1990 had 4 games with 194 points (71-119, shooting 60%)
These last 4 games Kobe has had 4 games with 188 (63-139 shooting 45%)
And that too Kobe head a break due to suspension so it's not really 4 in a row with the rest he got.

The comparisons to Jordan are all nice media material, but call me when Kobe goes off for consecutive 50+ games in the playoffs & leads his team to a series victory by averaging 45.2 ppg for the series

Heck, and if we're talking about scoring, why are we even talking about Jordan? Wake me up when Kobe matches up to the Iceman with 4 scoring titles (including three in a row), shooting 50% each year.

1Parker1
01-11-2006, 10:45 AM
I found this quote by Odom and I was very shocked to read he would say it:

After Saturday's game, even Odom said, "It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play."

Medvedenko
01-11-2006, 12:46 PM
I swear people on this forum are retarded. Like I said, if this was a spur player there would 30 threads dedicated to his greatness. Yeah, TD scoring 45 per game will never happen regardless of who he has on his team. Remember, IKobe scored 9 games of 40 plus 2 years ago. Denying his talent is sad and the rapist comments are juvenille at best, which doesn't surprise me coming from Spur fans.

1Parker1
01-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Kobe Bryant is an awesome basketball player. No denying it.

I personally love watching Kobe on the court. There's no denying his talent and the competiveness that drives him.

Or what about the game where he scored 62 in three quarters on 58% shooting?

We don't all HATE Kobe. As many of us have mentioned, he's an amazing player. Yet, he still has a lot to prove. This season is his first real test, as he is really the sole leader of the Lakers, has stayed relatively healthy, etc. and see how far he can take his team.

Medvedenko
01-11-2006, 02:04 PM
1parker1....yes I know, you have always defended and seen Kobe for the basketball player. Is he perfect, of course not. I get frustrated just like everyone else with his sometimes poor shot selection and his ability to faze out his teamates because he's in attack mode. All of these negatives aside, he's still leading his team in the playoffs with a substandard team.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-11-2006, 02:11 PM

Who said anything about that? People just want to see him do it without having an alpha dog running mate in Shaq around.

Jordan did it. If Kobe wants to be the "next Jordan", let's see him do it too

1Parker1
01-11-2006, 02:15 PM
1parker1....yes I know, you have always defended and seen Kobe for the basketball player. Is he perfect, of course not. I get frustrated just like everyone else with his sometimes poor shot selection and his ability to faze out his teamates because he's in attack mode. All of these negatives aside, he's still leading his team in the playoffs with a substandard team.

Well, that's what Im ean when I say it's too early to cast stones or even give him credit. Sure, they're in the playoff race right now, but anything can happen. That's why I'm very interested in seeing how they pan out the Lakers rest of the season. I'd like nothing more than for Kobe to beat Shaq though and show him up. My hate for Shaq is greater than my hate for Kobe. :)

1Parker1
01-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Who said anything about that? People just want to see him do it without having an alpha dog running mate in Shaq around.

That's a little different. You can compare individual players...Kobe and Jordan head on, but you can't compare their teams and championship success. Jordan had an amazing supporting cast, even though he was amazing himself. Pippen, Rodman and Co.>>>>>>>>>>>Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm and Co.

Brutalis
01-11-2006, 02:19 PM
I swear people on this forum are retarded. Like I said, if this was a spur player there would 30 threads dedicated to his greatness. Yeah, TD scoring 45 per game will never happen regardless of who he has on his team. Remember, IKobe scored 9 games of 40 plus 2 years ago. Denying his talent is sad and the rapist comments are juvenille at best, which doesn't surprise me coming from Spur fans.

Real smart. Insult a board full of Spurs fans that mostly dislike your team and your player. Go suck a nut bitch.

Medvedenko
01-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Yeah I'll suck a nut....clever really.

midgetonadonkey
01-11-2006, 02:37 PM

Actually he'd have to win 3 more to be considered as great as Jordan.

Obstructed_View
01-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Actually he'd have to win 3 more to be considered as great as Jordan.
He needs six. Split it any way you want, but Shaq was a big part of the first three. The comparison between Kobe and Wilt is pretty accurate; Wilt probably died not realizing basketball is a team sport. God put Kobe on the earth for his teammates to stand around and watch.

Medvedenko
01-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Obstructed View....a very fitting name for someone who obviously has limited knowledge of the game.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-11-2006, 06:16 PM
How many did MJ win without Pippen?

Shaolin-Style
01-11-2006, 06:38 PM
I really don't care how many points kobes scoring. He's good sometimes and other times he isn't, when its going for him its going, when its not he just shoots more so it looks like its going on the stat sheet (And before you call me a stupid spurs fan, know that comments nearly identical to this were viewed at least 5 times on the lakersground forums, by longtime laker fans.)

He can shine all he wants solo, but in the end his team will go no where and we'll once again have no reason to care.

Obstructed_View
01-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Obstructed View....a very fitting name for someone who obviously has limited knowledge of the game.
Your ignorance of the origin of my screen name pales in comparison to your ignorance about basketball.

Are you somehow suggesting that Shaq wasn't (at very least) as big a factor in the three champoinships as Kobe was? Or are you somehow saying that Kobe's incredible ability to score points is more important that his apparent inability to get wins? Are you suggesting that Kobe's teammates aren't standing around watching him score? Are you suggesting that it is somehow good basketball that he's turned into Allen Iverson? Kobe is an elite scorer, and it's entertaining to watch, but so are the Mavericks Dancers. Neither one should be confused with good basketball. Until Kobe starts winning, expect this kind of treatment when you come into a Spurs board with Kobe's dick in your mouth.

ALVAREZ6
01-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Yeah, Kobe had Shaq, but MJ had a hell of a team too...it's not like he won them all single-handedly.

Either way, MJ>Kobe, but Shaq wouldn't have won without Kobe.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Jesus Christ...

That's a little different. You can compare individual players...Kobe and Jordan head on, but you can't compare their teams and championship success. Jordan had an amazing supporting cast, even though he was amazing himself. Pippen, Rodman and C

Jordan won rings with Bill fucking Cartwright and WIll Perdue on the front line, flanked by guys like Paxson and STeve Kerr (not exactly all-NBA types :lol).

How many titles did Jordan have Rodman around for? Odom's every bit the player that Pippen was, it's just that Kobe doesn't know how to share the ball with anyone not wearing a #8 jersey.

1Parker1
01-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Jesus Christ...

How many titles did Jordan have Rodman around for? Odom's every bit the player that Pippen was, it's just that Kobe doesn't know how to share the ball with anyone not wearing a #8 jersey.

Jesus Christ....

Pippen>>>Odom and other than Odom, Lakers have a crappy team any way you look at it. I'm not saying Kobe>>>>>>MJ in any way, that would be a stupid comment. My point was that no team, even one with MJ, can win a championship with just one great player. Shaq hasn't won any championships without Kobe either, yet everyone seems to always be yanking on Kobe to prove himself. What exactly has Shaq proven? He couldn't carry the Heat in Game 7 last season by himself....

Obstructed_View
01-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Not a great argument. Shaq didn't win without Kobe, but he did pretty well with a blood clot the size of your fist in his thigh. MJ never had anyone anywhere near Shaq in talent. Pippen is better than Odom, but Odom is way better than he's been on the Lakers.

PS Kobe <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Jordan

1Parker1
01-12-2006, 04:23 PM
What the heck are you talking about "He did pretty well with a blood clot in his thigh." Yes, Shaq was "injured" last season in Game 7, but the bottom line remains the same. He has yet to win anything without Kobe also. Yet, no one ever seems to think that Shaq has anything to prove. During their 3-peat, yes Shaq was a large reason why the Lakers won, but Kobe was not just your average sidekick. He was also a large reason why they won...without him, you think Shaq would have still won those three rings?

My end point is this: Yes, Jordan>>>Kobe indivudual talent-wise. No one can compare to Jordan. But you can't really use the argument that Kobe needs to win X amount of rings to prove himself, and not do the same for Shaq.

mikejones99
01-12-2006, 07:52 PM
KObe is not a Rapist but Kate Faber is a whore and got paid well.

Obstructed_View
01-14-2006, 11:23 PM
What the heck are you talking about "He did pretty well with a blood clot in his thigh." Yes, Shaq was "injured" last season in Game 7, but the bottom line remains the same. He has yet to win anything without Kobe also. Yet, no one ever seems to think that Shaq has anything to prove. During their 3-peat, yes Shaq was a large reason why the Lakers won, but Kobe was not just your average sidekick. He was also a large reason why they won...without him, you think Shaq would have still won those three rings?

My end point is this: Yes, Jordan>>>Kobe indivudual talent-wise. No one can compare to Jordan. But you can't really use the argument that Kobe needs to win X amount of rings to prove himself, and not do the same for Shaq.
First of all, this thread is called "Kobe's Legend", so we are primarily talking about Kobe. I didn't know that I was going to have to make the same arguments about Shaq in order to have the right to say anything about Kobe.

Second, regardless of your effort to minimize it, Shaq had a blood clot in his thigh that actually had to be drained more than once. That makes your continued questioning of Shaq extraordinarily weak.

Third, Shaq has been to the finals once without Kobe and, even injured, was in game 7 of the ECF while Kobe's team was watching the game on TV. Kobe now finds himself at the same place Jordan was very early in his career; option 1 and 2 on a team where his incredible scoring ability doesn't translate to wins. In my opinion, he doesn't get credit for the rings with Shaq if he wants to be considered as great as Jordan. Period.

ajh18
01-16-2006, 02:43 AM

Ok, I've read this entire thread now and feel that there are some things that need to be said. First off, Kobe is a very gifted basketball player, no doubt about it. Is he one of the best ever? Well, talent wise he is up there, but he isn't the be-all and end-all people make him out to be. He's a great scorer with average shot selection, and a good defender. He is also, according to old Hollinger as of December, on pace to have a year in which he is the biggest ballhog of alltime on any team. I'll see if I can find the link to that article. In terms of individual effectiveness, others have put up stats as well as kobe has recently from the shooting guard spot (think Iceman, Dominique Wilkins, or a younger Vince Carter), and in regards to carrying a mediocre to poor team the way he has, I would be willing to wager that an effetive big man like a young Robinson or Shaq (not to mention Hakeem, who DID carry a team to a title himself), would equate to a better record for the lakers than kobe has on their own. They would make the playoffs, to say the least. THis could however be due to the dynamics of the position rather than the player's skill level, so that debate is pointless also. Finally, I resent the statement that Spurs fans are retarded or juvenile because they judge kobe based on the rape charge or adultery. Some fans, especially spurs fans, place as much value on the character of the individuals on a team as they do on the teams' success (and an argument can be made that the two often go hand in hand, though not always). There is no shame being proud of our team for having players who don't get arrested or charged for criminal behavior, and for some it is frustrating to see someone who is given so much and yet displays so many acts of arrogance.

Obstructed_View
01-16-2006, 02:59 AM
Many Spurs fans know what it's like to have an elite scorer on a team that doesn't win which is why many aren't impressed.

What's really sad in all this is that Laker fans are more interested in pumping up the individual greatness of a single player because that's all they have to hang their hat on. You guys are now officially the Sixers.

BJack24
01-16-2006, 04:33 AM

Suck it faker fans.
You sure are a knowledgeable sports fan...

:jack

Brutalis
01-16-2006, 06:55 AM
http://www.algorithm.cs.sunysb.edu/heatmap/pictures/PERSON/Kobe%20Bryant.gif

nkdlunch
01-17-2006, 02:05 PM
MJ in his prime would make Kobe look like a punk

Medvedenko
01-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Well, Kobe isn't in his prime yet, so I guess we'll just see. I believe neither player would slow each other down. But I do remember a few years back where kobe scored 42 in the half against an albeit aging Jordan...still food for thought.

nkdlunch
01-17-2006, 05:12 PM
Well, Kobe isn't in his prime yet, so I guess we'll just see. I believe neither player would slow each other down. But I do remember a few years back where kobe scored 42 in the half against an albeit aging Jordan...still food for thought.

Kobe not in his prime yet???!?!?! he's 28 right??? in his 9th year. Of course he is in his prime and will be past it soon.

Medvedenko
09-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Ah, the good old days.....

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 08:11 PM
We saw, and are seeing.

lol

6-24

badfish22
09-25-2010, 08:12 PM
Ah, the good old days.....

back before you retired your basketball "takes"

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 08:16 PM
We're almost five years since your quote, and yet it still rings true even today.:toast

Not really.

Still choked in the Finals and got saved.

But on the other hand, I think it's kind of cool that the Lakers have the 3rd best player in the league and can go back-to-back. They're the quintessential example of team play (when Kobe knows his role and doesn't chuck).

Medvedenko
09-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Yup, the good old days, the all or nothing days...

Luva, preach on brotha, preach on.

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Yup, the good old days, the all or nothing days...

Luva, preach on brotha, preach on.

lol bandwagon Lakers fan from Canada who highlights his hair and scowls like a child molester.

TinTin
09-25-2010, 08:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/mfNxI.jpg

LkrFan
08-15-2018, 06:09 PM
Strip away Kobe's career earnings. He still worth more than Jim:

This one Kobe investment netted him a cool $194 million dollars. Jim lost millions investing in Maybelline. He even took paycuts from the Spurs :lmao

Kobe 5, Jim 4.61
Kobe 2 Gold Medals, Jim 1 Bronze Medal

Advantage: Kobe :toast

LkrFan
08-15-2018, 08:26 PM
First of all, I don't know if you were referring to me, but I'm not hating on Kobe Bryant at all. I think he's clearly one of the best players in the league. All I said was we don't know yet if he can carry a team to a championship.

Secondly, as great as Kobe is, he's not "so far ahead of anyone in the L" right now. I personally think he's better than LeBron James, but LeBron is not far behind. I think Kevin Garnett is easily at the same level as Kobe even if his stats are a little down this year. KG just doesn't try to score 40 points a game. Allen Iverson is easily at the same level as Kobe, even though Kobe is a little better. And, argue all you want, but Vince Carter is playing just as well as Kobe is right now. Making a blanket statement that Kobe is far and away better than everyone else in the league really shows your bias.

Lastly, in which championship of the Lakers threepeat was Kobe the #1 option? You're kidding right?

1999-2000 REGULAR SEASON
Kobe Bryant: 22.5 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 4.9 apg
Shaquille O'Neal: 29.7 ppg, 13.6 rpg, 3.8 apg

2000 PLAYOFFS
Kobe Bryant: 21.1 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 4.4 apg
Shaquille O'Neal: 30.7 ppg, 15.4 rpg, 3.1 apg

2000-01 REGULAR SEASON
Kobe Bryant: 28.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 5.0 apg
Shaquille O'Neal: 28.7 ppg, 12.7 rpg, 3.7 apg

2001 PLAYOFFS
Kobe Bryant: 29.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.1 apg
Shaquille O'Neal: 30.4 ppg, 15.4 rpg, 3.2 apg

2001-02 REGULAR SEASON
Kobe Bryant: 25.2 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 5.5 apg
Shaquille O'Neal: 27.2 ppg, 10.7 rpg, 3.0 apg

2002 PLAYOFFS
Kobe Bryant: 26.6 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 4.6 apg
Shaquille O'Neal: 28.5 ppg, 12.6 rpg, 2.8 apg

When again was Kobe the no. 1 option for a Lakers championship team? Even if you want to argue that Kobe and Shaq were both both equally the no. 1 go-to guy, that doesn't change the my question wondering if Kobe can carry and lead his team to championship as the no. 1 go-to guy. Not sharing the that responsibility. But, being the flat out no. 1 option. You can criticize Shaquille O'Neal the same way. What has Shaq won without Kobe? True. But, Shaq has a better argument that he was the number one option on those Lakers teams. And, Shaq has been to the NBA finals and to another conference final without Kobe. The one year Kobe did not have Shaq, his team failed to make the playoffs.

Kobe is great. He's probably a hall of famer already. But, don't get too carried away.

Great post Jam :tu

LkrFan
08-15-2018, 08:28 PM

Kobe basically made over $500 million. More than likely he will make more. Jim? Bought a gym for me hermano, unknowingly :lol

daslicer
08-15-2018, 08:30 PM

This one Kobe investment netted him a cool $194 million dollars. Jim lost millions investing in Maybelline. He even took paycuts from the Spurs :lmao

Kobe 5, Jim 4.61

:lol you are 40 years old and still a fanboy. Bragging about how much a player makes is something a kid does not a middle aged man.

LkrFan
08-15-2018, 09:32 PM
:lol you are 40 years old and still a fanboy. Bragging about how much a player makes is something a kid does not a middle aged man.

40 years old? :lol

Mitch
08-15-2018, 09:35 PM
40 years old? :lol

yo pendejo

recuerde limpiar las ventanas

DAF86
08-15-2018, 09:35 PM
Kobe's legend: 12 and falling down. 50 years from now he will probably not even be top 30.

ambchang
08-15-2018, 09:48 PM

Kobe 5, Jim 4.61

:lol even his investments can’t get an original name.
:lol following DK with his entire game and persona
:lol named himself after a fictional female assassin
:lol won slam dunk contest with zero original dunks
:lol follower.

Kawhi’s_Conscience
08-15-2018, 10:48 PM

Kobe basically made over $500 million. More than likely he will make more. Jim? Bought a gym for me hermano, unknowingly :lol

STFU Faggot...

TDMVPDPOY
08-15-2018, 11:19 PM
lol creating that kobe and vanessa charity fund... is that some tax free fund to dump his UA proceeds into it?

end of the day 50% is still half of vanessa...

Medvedenko
08-15-2018, 11:33 PM
I appreciate this thread.

daslicer
08-15-2018, 11:34 PM
Anyways good for Kobe i'm not going to hate. I just don't give a shit how much money he makes. To me it doesn't matter it's like trying to get excited about Jeff Bezos making another billion.

Othyus Lalanne
08-15-2018, 11:47 PM
:lol even his investments can’t get an original name.
:lol following DK with his entire game and persona
:lol won slam dunk contest with zero original dunks
:lol follower.

Someone please explain this to me.

Bynumite
08-15-2018, 11:48 PM
Kobe busy winning oscars and turning $6 mil investments into $200 mil during retirement, while Jim completely vanished. Probably locked in his basement shooting cuckold porn.

Couldn't even help keeping Kiwi in SA. Useless cuck :lol

LkrFan
08-16-2018, 04:23 AM
STFU Faggot...

:lol

LkrFan
08-16-2018, 04:25 AM
yo pendejo

recuerde limpiar las ventanas

ambchang
08-16-2018, 05:44 AM

Black mamba.

ambchang
08-16-2018, 05:53 AM
Kobe busy winning oscars and turning $6 mil investments into $200 mil during retirement, while Jim completely vanished. Probably locked in his basement shooting cuckold porn.

:lol proud of another man’s accomplishments
:lol Blake 2.0
:lol winning oscars by stealing someone else’s work like he did to shaq
:lol investments come to him just because he’s in la with armies of stupid fanbois worshipping him
:lol makes money selling a drink kids drink when having diarrhea.
:lol commercial lacks any imagination with the “I’m better than Gatorade” schtick.
:lol stupid people paying $5 to have a bottle of electrolyte mixed with fruit flavoured chemicals.

08-16-2018, 06:51 AM
end of the day 50% is still half of vanessa...

Mitch
08-16-2018, 08:44 AM
Where's that divorce spurfans said was right around the corner?

They seem ro be closer than Amy and her 5ft pinoy lover she left Duncan over :lol

DMC
08-18-2018, 09:01 AM

DMC
08-18-2018, 09:02 AM

:lmao Dwert pls

:lol the "Kobe vs Duncan" bus left the station 2 years ago. Kobe was left behind
:lol following a retired player to pretend his business success has anything to do with his game
:lol fanbois

:lmao Lebron cucking Kobe
:lol T-Lue up to bat

DMC
08-18-2018, 09:06 AM

Kill Bill

LkrFan
08-19-2018, 02:25 PM

LkrFan
08-19-2018, 05:53 PM
Even a former Spur is paying homage to Kobe's legend:

:wow

LkrFan
08-19-2018, 07:55 PM
Even Saban listens to the Mamba:

TDMVPDPOY
08-19-2018, 08:46 PM
does kirby still think 50% of vanessas is his?

BD24
08-21-2018, 03:28 PM
I appreciate this thread.
:cry I’m retiring from Spurstalk :cry

Fabbs
08-21-2018, 05:39 PM
Even a former Spur is paying homage to Kobe's legend:
Jacksons dick sucking of Kobme seems to be as if he borrowed a bunch of money from Kobme and can't pay it back.

Overdone, forced.

FrostKing
08-21-2018, 07:26 PM
https://i.imgur.com/D0qhAP0.jpg

Corporal_Upham
08-21-2018, 07:38 PM
I sincerely believe, Kobe’s an overrated fella. My girlfriend told me one time, he’s like the Kelly Ripa
of the NBA.

LkrFan
08-22-2018, 04:59 AM

Jack Ryan
08-22-2018, 08:40 AM
Man, haven't been here in YEARS....but I digress...Kobe = Legend...

ambchang
08-22-2018, 11:38 AM

Since when were the kings the best defense?

But I agree, second banana 3 pear kobe was the best when shaq took all the defensive attention from him. When he went solo he was 1st round fodder at best

LkrFan
08-22-2018, 11:40 AM
I sincerely believe, Kobe’s an overrated fella. My girlfriend told me one time, he’s like the Kelly Ripa
of the NBA.

Celtics won 1 rang during the last 32 years. Shhhhhhhh!! :lol

LkrFan
08-22-2018, 11:56 AM

Players know and recognize. :tu

LkrFan
08-22-2018, 09:14 PM

LkrFan
08-23-2018, 05:34 AM

LkrFan
08-23-2018, 08:36 AM
Purple and Gold Afro-disiac shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit:

LkrFan
08-23-2018, 02:18 PM
Kobe with a subtle birthday message to you farmers:

Laker_1995
08-23-2018, 03:34 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qawbo3NOmR4

LkrFan
08-24-2018, 05:46 AM
Damn, even Utah Jazz giving props to Kobe:

...but you farmers can't? SMH

LkrFan
08-24-2018, 06:17 AM

LkrFan
08-24-2018, 07:08 AM
Even Bill Russell - a friggin Celtic - giving Kobe his props:

#Legendary

Killakobe81
08-24-2018, 08:28 AM

My favorite game of his tbh ...over 81, Outscoring the Mavs through 3 quarters,
that ish right there was a masterpiece.

LkrFan
08-24-2018, 09:16 AM
My favorite game of his tbh ...over 81, Outscoring the Mavs through 3 quarters,
that ish right there was a masterpiece.

Indeed. Phil fucked it up. I genuinely believe he could have had almost 90 points that game - but Phil sat him in the 4th. :lol

Corporal_Upham
08-24-2018, 09:47 AM
My favorite Kobe moments...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a0/e6/ec/a0e6ecb091594ebf734df93ea3fa8cf5.jpg

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/boston-massachusettesjune-17-2008-lakers-kobe-bryant-walks-off-the-picture-id566033717?k=6&m=566033717&s=612x612&w=0&h=h_ZnHKeT82N3QVCNenQmcKkAG0D-4pN_jjBjAv10_9Q=

LkrFan
08-24-2018, 10:53 AM
My favorite Kobe moments...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a0/e6/ec/a0e6ecb091594ebf734df93ea3fa8cf5.jpg

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/boston-massachusettesjune-17-2008-lakers-kobe-bryant-walks-off-the-picture-id566033717?k=6&m=566033717&s=612x612&w=0&h=h_ZnHKeT82N3QVCNenQmcKkAG0D-4pN_jjBjAv10_9Q=

This from a fan who's team won 1 title in the last 32 years :lmao

daslicer
08-24-2018, 11:35 AM

This from a fan who's team won 1 title in the last 32 years :lmao

He has a lot in common with Laker fans. His team and your squad have a combined number of 0 titles in the last 8 years.

Killakobe81
08-24-2018, 11:40 AM
Indeed. Phil fucked it up. I genuinely believe he could have had almost 90 points that game - but Phil sat him in the 4th. :lol

they did offer him a chance to go back in, but game was already won ...
But all we here is that Kobe was a stat padder but he turned down a chance to get 80 BEFORe he did it ... No doubt he gets 80 that night I think even Cuban's punkass admitted this once.

LkrFan
08-24-2018, 11:46 AM
He has a lot in common with Laker fans. His team and your squad have a combined number of 0 titles in the last 8 years.

BNSF talking ring smack? That's cute :lol

LkrFan
08-24-2018, 11:48 AM
they did offer him a chance to go back in, but game was already won ...
But all we here is that Kobe was a stat padder but he turned down a chance to get 80 BEFORe he did it ... No doubt he gets 80 that night I think even Cuban's punkass admitted this once.

:lol - yup - but I wanted him to make history that night. He was hotter than that chick in my avatar used to be :lol

DMC
08-24-2018, 11:40 PM
Kobe Bryant says his die-hard fans will 'fall in line' for LeBron James

Kobe knows his bandwagon fans well

Stabula
08-29-2018, 01:24 AM
Manu was better

LkrFan
08-29-2018, 04:25 AM
Manu was better

LkrFan
08-29-2018, 04:27 AM
Kobe Bryant says his die-hard fans will 'fall in line' for LeBron James

Kobe knows his bandwagon fans well

I don't know who has a stronger cult - Kobe or David Dennison :lol

Stabula
08-29-2018, 04:58 AM

http://www.visiontimes.com/uploads/2014/11/most-missed-field-goals-nba-stats.jpg

LkrFan
08-29-2018, 05:09 AM
http://www.visiontimes.com/uploads/2014/11/most-missed-field-goals-nba-stats.jpg

:lolkay

LkrFan
03-31-2019, 12:14 PM
Ray Allen talked smack, then lived to regret it:
Kobe did that ^^ to a 1st ballot HOFer, yet you farmers (esp ambchink :lol) debate his place in history? SMH

MJ had his day vs Accountants, school bus drivers, substitute teachers, and plumbers. Kobe had his vs HOFers like Manure, Reggie Miller, Ray Allen, D-Whistle, T-Mac, J Kidd, the Kang, AI, etc.

Kobe's legend is unquestioned, cept round here with you country bunkers :lol

LkrFan
03-31-2019, 12:16 PM
Manu was better

Gotta laugh at this post again: lol

Manure don't even believe that son :lol

BD24
03-31-2019, 01:16 PM
12 tbh.

take it, accept it, own it.

DMC
03-31-2019, 01:29 PM
Kobe did that ^^ to a 1st ballot HOFer, yet you farmers (esp ambchink :lol) debate his place in history? SMH

MJ had his day vs Accountants, school bus drivers, substitute teachers, and plumbers. Kobe had his vs HOFers like Manure, Reggie Miller, Ray Allen, D-Whistle, T-Mac, J Kidd, the Kang, AI, etc.

6 consecutive lottery seasons brought to you by the letter L and the number 8

ambchang
03-31-2019, 02:46 PM

Did kobe make or miss the playoffs in 2006? I forgot.

benefactor
03-31-2019, 03:44 PM
12 tbh.

take it, accept it, own it.

Mitch
03-31-2019, 03:51 PM
5 chips + 2 gold + 3 kids he can see + 1 wife he didn't divorce + 1 oscar = 12 for Kobe

5 chips - 5 astrisks - 1 dookie bronze medal - 1 divorced wife - 2 kids he can't see without appointment = -4 for Duncan

LkrFan
03-31-2019, 04:03 PM
5 chips + 2 gold + 3 kids he can see + 1 wife he didn't divorce + 1 oscar = 12 for Kobe

5 chips - 5 astrisks - 1 dookie bronze medal - 1 divorced wife - 2 kids he can't see without appointment = -4 for Duncan

:rollin :flag: :rollin

BD24
03-31-2019, 06:32 PM

Kobe raped -30

Mitch
03-31-2019, 07:18 PM
Kobe raped -30

Duncan cucked -500,000,000

LkrFan
08-22-2019, 12:03 PM
Interesting thread
https://twitter.com/AMKPersonal/status/1164576690112217090?s=19

Arcadian
08-22-2019, 12:43 PM
Duncan cucked -500,000,000

Oh yes, because it's his fault his ex-wife is a whore.

Mitch
08-22-2019, 01:34 PM

I don't think she is, tbh. Duncan is a twink and women have needs.

BD24
08-22-2019, 01:43 PM
Interesting thread
Kobe was probably the better shooter of the 2. That doesn’t make up for his terrible shot selection Armando

-500 points son

Arcadian
08-22-2019, 02:47 PM
There's more evidence of Amy being a whore than Tim being a "twink"...your arbitrary opinion is meaningless.

Mitch
08-22-2019, 02:54 PM
There's more evidence of Amy being a whore than Tim being a "twink"...your arbitrary opinion is meaningless.

One has a tramp stamp the other does not, your evidence is irrelevant to that fact.

ambchang
08-22-2019, 03:32 PM
Interesting thread

Some of the stupidest arguments I’ve read. Can’t believe I spent almost 45s scanning through it.

Knocked Lebron for shooting closer to basket when that was the point of being an efficient shooter.
Equating the difference between shooting 10 and 12 feet to 22 and 24 feet using a sample of one when there has to be historical data of the former for all players.
Just another kobestan trying to put the rapist on the same level as another top 10 player.

They tried it with Jordan: failed
Tried it with duncan: failed
Now trying with Lebron: will definitely fail

Nobody ever goes in with the argument saying Lebron is as good as kobe and try to prove it, or Jordan to kobe, or duncan to kobe, because those are given. Because those are given and widely held opinions. You only have to prove the reverse.

Kobe should be compared to Garnett and Clyde. We can then have a good debate where both sides can present non stupid arguments.

lefty
08-22-2019, 03:54 PM
Kobe was probably the better shooter of the 2. That doesn’t make up for his terrible shot selection Armando

-500 points son

LkrFan
08-22-2019, 04:21 PM

-500 points son

LkrFan
08-22-2019, 05:39 PM
Some of the stupidest arguments I’ve read. Can’t believe I spent almost 45s scanning through it.

Knocked Lebron for shooting closer to basket when that was the point of being an efficient shooter.
Equating the difference between shooting 10 and 12 feet to 22 and 24 feet using a sample of one when there has to be historical data of the former for all players.
Just another kobestan trying to put the rapist on the same level as another top 10 player.

They tried it with Jordan: failed
Tried it with duncan: failed
Now trying with Lebron: will definitely fail

Nobody ever goes in with the argument saying Lebron is as good as kobe and try to prove it, or Jordan to kobe, or duncan to kobe, because those are given. Because those are given and widely held opinions. You only have to prove the reverse.

Kobe should be compared to Garnett and Clyde. We can then have a good debate where both sides can present non stupid arguments.

https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA/status/1164667905902043136?s=19

LkrFan
08-22-2019, 05:40 PM
Did kobe make or miss the playoffs in 2006? I forgot.

Did Jim ever win a Gold Medal? How bout Silver? I forgot.

LkrFan
08-22-2019, 05:41 PM

Maybe she was a whore because she wasn't get pleased at home. That's on Jim. :lol

LkrFan
08-22-2019, 05:43 PM

A "twink" is usually considered a homosexual male with attractive, boyish qualities.

lefty
08-22-2019, 05:49 PM
Objectively speaking, Kobe had more offensive moves than MJ

LkrFan
08-22-2019, 06:09 PM
Objectively speaking, Kobe had more offensive moves than MJ

Blessing and a curse tbh.

The good: he could get his shot off on anybody. Literally.

The bad: he was ultra confident. Would shoot over triple teams, let alone double teams. 20 footer? No sweat. 30 footer? He's just warming up. :lol

The ugly: he played with a ton of shitty teammates after Shaq and before Pau. It was often better for us if he tried to beat a double team than to pass to a wide open Kwame Brown. Hurt his shooting percentages. But I've seen many YOLO 35 footers go in with 3 seconds left on the clock :lol

His teammates often farted around for 20 seconds and ask him to bail them out. He'll gladly oblige them and chuck it up. I've seent it too many times :lol

ambchang
08-22-2019, 06:44 PM
https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA/status/1164667905902043136?s=19

A player known for scoring and nothing else (basketball wise, not coat tailing or rape wise) in his prime vs a 22 year old known for his passing.

ambchang
08-22-2019, 06:45 PM
Did Jim ever win a Gold Medal? How bout Silver? I forgot.

Nope. Coattailing loaded teams is not duncans forte.

ambchang
08-22-2019, 06:47 PM

The bad: he was ultra confident. Would shoot over triple teams, let alone double teams. 20 footer? No sweat. 30 footer? He's just warming up. :lol

The ugly: he played with a ton of shitty teammates after Shaq and before Pau. It was often better for us if he tried to beat a double team than to pass to a wide open Kwame Brown. Hurt his shooting percentages. But I've seen many YOLO 35 footers go in with 3 seconds left on the clock :lol

His teammates often farted around for 20 seconds and ask him to bail them out. He'll gladly oblige them and chuck it up. I've seent it too many times :lol

Acting like butler and odom never existed.

Duncan won five championships playing with samaki walker.

LkrFan
08-22-2019, 06:53 PM

Don't even try it. Jim was a champion and a leader of that team. It's HIS shitstain and nobody else. He owns that Bronze Medal. Forever. :lol

LkrFan
08-22-2019, 06:54 PM
Acting like butler and odom never existed.

Duncan won five championships playing with samaki walker.

So Samaki has 5 rings? That's news to me. -500 points for being disingenuous. :lol SMH

LkrFan
08-22-2019, 06:56 PM
A player known for scoring and nothing else (basketball wise, not coat tailing or rape wise) in his prime vs a 22 year old known for his passing.

Nothing else? Kobe played hellacious defense before his Achilles blew out. Question: how many all defensive teams did Bron make before the 2008 Olympics?

Answer: NONE. Kobe set the tone defensively at practice. Coach K even said so. Taught Bron that he has to defend.

THEN Bron started chase down blocking, etc. But not beforePERIOD.

LkrFan
08-22-2019, 06:59 PM

Kobe 5
Shaq 4
Pau 2

How is he coat tailing? If anything it would appear to be the other way around. :lol

BD24
08-22-2019, 07:05 PM
Kobe 5
Shaq 4
Pau 2

How is he coat tailing? If anything it would appear to be the other way around. :lol
Gonna pretend Daddy wasn’t the finals mvp for the first three huh. Carried Kobe’s sorry ass kicking and screaming. Tried carrying Kobe in 04, but Kobe wasn’t having it. He had to be a big shot. No more big shot

LkrFan
08-22-2019, 07:25 PM
Gonna pretend Daddy wasn’t the finals mvp for the first three huh. Carried Kobe’s sorry ass kicking and screaming. Tried carrying Kobe in 04, but Kobe wasn’t having it. He had to be a big shot. No more big shot

5 > 4PERIOD :toast

In 2004 he was 485lbs. Wallace bros ran a train on Shaq :lol

ambchang
08-22-2019, 07:48 PM
Don't even try it. Jim was a champion and a leader of that team. It's HIS shitstain and nobody else. He owns that Bronze Medal. Forever. :lol

Just like Kobe wasn’t the leader in any of the championship or medal winning teams. So he owns nothing.

So Samaki has 5 rings? That's news to me. -500 points for being disingenuous. :lol SMH

Well duh. That’s to show you being disingenuous.

Nothing else? Kobe played hellacious defense before his Achilles blew out. Question: how many all defensive teams did Bron make before the 2008 Olympics?

Answer: NONE. Kobe set the tone defensively at practice. Coach K even said so. Taught Bron that he has to defend.

THEN Bron started chase down blocking, etc. But not beforePERIOD.

Bruce Bowen of the Olympics.

I’m sure bron started chasing blocks down after playing with Kobe. The level of stupidity is just out of this world.

Katie girl didn’t have any cum stains before Kobe. She had six guys stains after Kobe. Fact.

Kobe 5
Shaq 4
Pau 2

:lol. Horry 5, Hakeem 0. So it must have been Hakeem coattailing.

AlexJones
08-22-2019, 11:37 PM

Uh no, he dominated them actually

BD24
08-22-2019, 11:45 PM

Talking out of your ass Miguel

Daddy 26 ppg on 61% 84 FGA
Rapist 22 ppg on 38% :lol 113 FGA

As I said, Kobe wanted to be a big shot, no more big shot

LkrFan
08-23-2019, 05:36 AM
Talking out of your ass Miguel

Daddy 26 ppg on 61% 84 FGA
Rapist 22 ppg on 38% :lol 113 FGA

As I said, Kobe wanted to be a big shot, no more big shot

LkrFan
08-23-2019, 12:42 PM
https://twitter.com/LakersEmpire/status/1164953947561271296?s=19

LkrFan
08-23-2019, 12:43 PM
https://twitter.com/LD2K/status/1164955472064999424?s=19

LkrFan
08-23-2019, 12:45 PM
https://twitter.com/KingWatchLA/status/1164956135578718208?s=19
Legendary

LkrFan
08-23-2019, 12:47 PM
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1164953246248689664?s=19

spurraider21
08-23-2019, 05:12 PM

these are very true tbh. i dont think ive ever seen a defender, one on one, prevent kobe from getting a shot off (before his massive decline) and force him to pass out. there's no doubt the guy was ultra talented. and like lefty said, he had more moves than MJ. but being more "skilled" doesn't necessarily make you a better player. its not about talent or skill, its about what you get done on the court to get your team W's. who cares about how amazing your skills are if you keep jacking up bad shots and end up 9-23 from the floor?

brady isnt the most talented qb to ever play the game, but he's the most successful

LkrFan
08-23-2019, 05:23 PM
these are very true tbh. i dont think ive ever seen a defender, one on one, prevent kobe from getting a shot off (before his massive decline) and force him to pass out. there's no doubt the guy was ultra talented. and like lefty said, he had more moves than MJ. but being more "skilled" doesn't necessarily make you a better player. its not about talent or skill, its about what you get done on the court to get your team W's. who cares about how amazing your skills are if you keep jacking up bad shots and end up 9-23 from the floor?

brady isnt the most talented qb to ever play the game, but he's the most successful

True. All of this.

I wonder if Kobe went to college would he have learned better decisions early on. Del Harris didn't teach him shit as a rookie :lol

ambchang
08-23-2019, 06:36 PM
https://twitter.com/LakersEmpire/status/1164953947561271296?s=19

The video of Kobe missing all the potential game winning shots couldn’t be uploaded because YouTube didn’t have a big enough server.

spurraider21
08-23-2019, 09:03 PM
det portland shot at 0:22... he double dicked ruben patterson that game. with that nasty shot to force OT, too

LkrFan
08-24-2019, 07:27 AM
det portland shot at 0:22... he double dicked ruben patterson that game. with that nasty shot to force OT, too

Yeah, I think he had 65 in that game vs the "Kobe stopper" :lol

LkrFan
08-24-2019, 07:30 AM
This is why I will ALWAYS side with Kobe over Shaq and defend him vs you farmers
https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1164920778112032769?s=19

Shaq didn't "want it" like Kobe. If Shaq had 1/2 the work ethic of Kobe he'd have 7 rangs and be the undisputed GOAT. Not MJ.

LkrFan
08-24-2019, 07:38 AM
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1165240794825052160?s=19

Chucho
08-24-2019, 09:53 AM
This is why I will ALWAYS side with Kobe over Shaq and defend him vs you farmers

Shaq didn't "want it" like Kobe. If Shaq had 1/2 the work ethic of Kobe he'd have 7 rangs and be the undisputed GOAT. Not MJ.

You know what's happening between those time frames? Rape, Domingo. Rape.

Probably used all them bricks to conk bitches in the head, tbh...

LkrFan
08-24-2019, 10:07 AM
You know what's happening between those time frames? Rape, Domingo. Rape.

Probably used all them bricks to conk bitches in the head, tbh...

ambchang
08-24-2019, 10:19 AM
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1165240794825052160?s=19

#8 was by far the better player. He actually knew his place as a second banana and helped his team win. #24 was a cancer through and through.

Btw. Please update thread title to Kobe’s myth.

LkrFan
08-24-2019, 01:28 PM
#8 was by far the better player. He actually knew his place as a second banana and helped his team win. #24 was a cancer through and through.

Btw. Please update thread title to Kobe’s myth.

This is not my thread classh:lolle :lol

LkrFan
08-24-2019, 01:29 PM
https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/1165262483378049026?s=19

2nd best scorer (next to Wilt) EVER. :wow

LkrFan
08-24-2019, 03:09 PM
https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/1165347204036472834?s=19

Props to Pop for keeping Kobe under 45 points :lol

That double nickel was on MJ :lol

LkrFan
08-24-2019, 03:19 PM
https://twitter.com/LakerFacts/status/1165304132745302016?s=19

LkrFan
08-24-2019, 03:45 PM
hArDeN iS bEtTeR
https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1165327914549694464?s=19

LkrFan
08-24-2019, 04:04 PM
https://twitter.com/lakerhov/status/1165006478068989954?s=19

LkrFan
08-24-2019, 04:50 PM
https://twitter.com/LakerFacts/status/1165380439533449216?s=19

ambchang
08-24-2019, 07:16 PM
This is not my thread classh:lolle :lol

Apologies. Y’all kept reiterating the same points it’s kind of homogenous.

lefty
08-25-2019, 10:50 AM
Damn Lkrfan must have enjoyed his trip to Colorado

UZER
08-25-2019, 12:34 PM
LkrFan, you’re a grown ass man, not some teeny bopper Nsync fan. Stop it already.

lefty
08-25-2019, 12:43 PM
LkrFan, you’re a grown ass man, not some teeny bopper Nsync fan. Stop it already.

BD24
08-25-2019, 12:44 PM

LkrFan
08-25-2019, 05:58 PM

:rollin :lmao :rollin

Thread
08-31-2019, 06:54 PM

Tell it, LF. Testify!!!

LkrFan
08-31-2019, 07:16 PM
Tell it, LF. Testify!!!

:toast

LkrFan
09-02-2019, 11:24 AM
Straight from Hibachi
https://twitter.com/goldlakerss/status/1168558577952284672?s=19

ambchang
09-02-2019, 12:57 PM
https://www.complex.com/sports/2015/05/lebron-james-kobe-bryant-clutch-playoffs

:lol 5-22! 1 playoff buzzer beater in his entire career, and that was in a meaningless first round game vs. the Suns where the Lakers lost the series.
:cry but he is so clutch because he said so :cry

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Who's more clutch in the playoffs? Michael Jordan, LeBron James or Kobe Bryant? Here are the numbers: <a href="http://t.co/pgTGnyCozv">pic.twitter.com/pgTGnyCozv</a></p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/390501983531970560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:lol highlight of his career was scoring 55 points in a meaningless game vs. a 39 year old Jordan in his last season.

Neo.
09-02-2019, 01:38 PM
i like kobe

but i still really dont get why kobe fans act like it was something so legendary when he scored 55 against the wizards and a 40 year old mike

i mean 55 at any time is incredible, but its not like it was against mike in his prime, or remotely close. it was a great game, but there was absolutely nothing legendary about that game. no more legendary than antawn jamison scoring 50, which almost no one remembers

LkrFan
09-02-2019, 02:49 PM
i like kobe

but i still really dont get why kobe fans act like it was something so legendary when he scored 55 against the wizards and a 40 year old mike

i mean 55 at any time is incredible, but its not like it was against mike in his prime, or remotely close. it was a great game, but there was absolutely nothing legendary about that game. no more legendary than antawn jamison scoring 50, which almost no one remembers

C'mon man. If "40 year old" MJ busted Kobe's ass you farmers would have had a field day. Now that the opposite happened, now you dismissing it? Figures :lol

Neo.
09-02-2019, 03:08 PM
C'mon man. If "40 year old" MJ busted Kobe's ass you farmers would have had a field day. Now that the opposite happened, now you dismissing it? Figures :lol

why is "40 year old" in quotes? he literally was 40

and in all honesty, it would be far more impressive for MJ at 40 to drop 55 on Kobe at 24 going into his prime, i don't know how you cant see that :dizzy

LkrFan
09-02-2019, 03:50 PM
why is "40 year old" in quotes? he literally was 40

and in all honesty, it would be far more impressive for MJ at 40 to drop 55 on Kobe at 24 going into his prime, i don't know how you cant see that :dizzy

From a Spur fan perspective, sure I can see it. No matter what Kobe does you farmers dismissing it anyway :lol

MJ was in his, what 15th or 16th year when Kobe bust his balloon knot, right? Let's say 16th for sake of argument...

Kobe played 20 years. Show me a young horse busting Kobe's ass in his 19th or 20th year. :downspin:

Chris
09-02-2019, 03:55 PM
The legend of Kobe's dirty elbows. Tell me about that one.

lefty
09-02-2019, 04:04 PM

And the vocal flopping

« Heyhoweywaway!!!! »

ambchang
09-02-2019, 09:20 PM
From a Spur fan perspective, sure I can see it. No matter what Kobe does you farmers dismissing it anyway :lol

MJ was in his, what 15th or 16th year when Kobe bust his balloon knot, right? Let's say 16th for sake of argument...

Kobe played 20 years. Show me a young horse busting Kobe's ass in his 19th or 20th year. :downspin:

Since you asked.

http://bkref.com/tiny/kcx59

And it’s not just when he was really old, I took it from 10-11 to his last season.

Curry, Durant, Klay and harden all scored over 40 points vs the lakers during that span. And Kobe shot horribly in every single one of them.

LkrFan
09-03-2019, 04:39 AM

Shaq's were dirtier. Just ask Mutombo or The Admiral's sore chest muscles :lol

Neo.
09-03-2019, 11:21 AM

im not a spurfan lol, and i have actually always been a kobe fan, i just never felt it was as breathtaking as people make it out to be. the fact that he got 55 is the impressive part. doing it against 40 year old jordan shouldnt honestly make any difference other than the fact that he got to do it against his idol. but acting like it was some amazing accomplishment to do it against him... simply not true. it was not any more of an accomplishment than if he were to do it against darius miles or marquis daniels

kobe got lit up plenty in his whole career, even in his prime... just like every single superstar, and every single great defender. and he especially got lit up plenty in his final years... just like every single superstar, and every single great defender. let's not exaggerate his (or anyones) greatness by acting like he was immune to getting torched by other good players.

LkrFan
09-03-2019, 03:34 PM
im not a spurfan lol, and i have actually always been a kobe fan, i just never felt it was as breathtaking as people make it out to be. the fact that he got 55 is the impressive part. doing it against 40 year old jordan shouldnt honestly make any difference other than the fact that he got to do it against his idol. but acting like it was some amazing accomplishment to do it against him... simply not true. it was not any more of an accomplishment than if he were to do it against darius miles or marquis daniels

kobe got lit up plenty in his whole career, even in his prime... just like every single superstar, and every single great defender. and he especially got lit up plenty in his final years... just like every single superstar, and every single great defender. let's not exaggerate his (or anyones) greatness by acting like he was immune to getting torched by other good players.

I hear you, but Phil Jackson had mercy on MJ. Kobe had 42 at the half. He could have dropped 90 on the TOSB, just for talking shit after the Wiz won the last game. I'm dead serious.

Phil Jackson also had mercy on Dallas when Kobe had 62 after 3 quarters (Mavs had 61). That should have been another 80+ point game. He was smoking that night, but Kobe sat the 4th.

Sure, he'll take his lumps from time to time, but most of the time he's the hammer and his opponent is the nail. :lol

Neo.
09-03-2019, 05:41 PM
I hear you, but Phil Jackson had mercy on MJ. Kobe had 42 at the half. He could have dropped 90 on the TOSB, just for talking shit after the Wiz won the last game. I'm dead serious.

Phil Jackson also had mercy on Dallas when Kobe had 62 after 3 quarters (Mavs had 61). That should have been another 80+ point game. He was smoking that night, but Kobe sat the 4th.

Sure, he'll take his lumps from time to time, but most of the time he's the hammer and his opponent is the nail. :lol

um including shot attempts that got him to the line, Kobe took 22 shots in the first half, and 16 in the second half. Plus he played a total of 41 minutes. No need to blatantly lie and revise history like that. It was not a matter of the team having "mercy".

LkrFan
09-03-2019, 05:45 PM
um including shot attempts that got him to the line, Kobe took 22 shots in the first half, and 16 in the second half. Plus he played a total of 41 minutes. No need to blatantly lie and revise history like that. It was not a matter of the team having "mercy".

Lie to you - on a message board? You box score watching (I can relate :lol) FOH tho :lol

LkrFan
09-03-2019, 05:50 PM
Even the Kang bowing down to Kobe's legend
https://twitter.com/LakerFacts/status/1169019441688076288?s=19

:toast

Neo.
09-03-2019, 11:26 PM
Lie to you - on a message board? You box score watching (I can relate :lol) FOH tho :lol

well i wouldn't exactly consider playing kobe 41 minutes and shaq 38 minutes a "mercy" game. it was a close game until halfway through the 3rd when the lakers got a 20 pt lead, but even then washington still cut it down to 11 with plenty of time left in the 4th, hardly an insurmountable lead, nor a game where any coach would consider showing "mercy"

im not the one making untrue claims here tbqhfwiwimhoiirc

Medvedenko
09-06-2019, 11:08 AM
This thread ages like a fine wine....

lefty
09-06-2019, 11:47 AM
This thread ages like a fine wine....
Unlike Kobe

Medvedenko
09-06-2019, 03:11 PM
Unlike Kobe

Or Timmy, Drob, TP, Manu and POP....

lefty
09-06-2019, 03:18 PM
Or Timmy, Drob, TP, Manu and POP....

They won their last title older while Kobe was done at the same age :lol

Medvedenko
09-06-2019, 03:29 PM
They won their last title older while Kobe was done at the same age :lol

And still less relevant than Kobe and will forever be. Beyond this forum, they are but dust in the wind.

lefty
09-06-2019, 10:25 PM
And still less relevant than Kobe and will forever be. Beyond this forum, they are but dust in the wind.

:lol sure

Duncan is considered the greatest PF of all time

:lol Kobe isn’t considered the greatest anything:lol

He was better than his dad though, I’ll give him that

ambchang
09-09-2019, 08:03 PM
:lol sure

Duncan is considered the greatest PF of all time

:lol Kobe isn’t considered the greatest anything:lol

He was better than his dad though, I’ll give him that

Greatest bricklayer.