PDA

View Full Version : Can we get Devin back?

2centsworth
01-10-2006, 11:53 PM
Devin was a much better fit for the spurs. Do the rules allow the spurs to trade back for Devin? Would Utah be interested in giving up Devin?

Leetonidas
01-10-2006, 11:54 PM
I think we could, but who are we willing to give up?

Brutalis
01-10-2006, 11:56 PM
Beno Freaking Worthless Udrih.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Not again....

2centsworth
I think we could, but who are we willing to give up?
Top of the list

Barry
Beno
Oberto
Rasho/Nazr

T Park
01-11-2006, 12:02 AM
I would add Nick

And then your primary back up PG is Beno again??

No thanks.

Hes gone.

Get over it.

Move on.

Obstructed_View
01-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Top of the list

Barry
Beno
Oberto
Rasho/Nazr
Fin

I would add Nick but Utah won't take him.
Why would anybody think any of those players are less valuable than Devin? BTW, if the Spurs trade Finley, they deserve to burn in basketball hell forever. You don't trade a guy after he takes less money to sign with you (Texas Rangers).

2centsworth
01-11-2006, 12:09 AM
Why would anybody think any of those players are less valuable than Devin? BTW, if the Spurs trade Finley, they deserve to burn in basketball hell forever. You don't trade a guy after he takes less money to sign with you (Texas Rangers).
fin was at the bottom of the list, but I agree with you.

as far as nick vs beno, beno has outplayed nick this year. Plus, barry can play backup pt guard like he did last year against detroit. don't forget barry played pt in seattle most of the time.

I'm just making suggestions because the spurs need to get better. maybe they just need time?

T Park
01-11-2006, 12:12 AM
Barry makes more than Devin, so who else are they sending back.

They already have good PGS why would they want shit in Udrih.

Oberto sucks

They already have overpaid bigs in Ostertag and Collins.

And OV is right, you dont trade away a solid veteran wing, who takes far less money, and far less PT, to sign here for a ring.

Same with Van Exel.

If they are stupid enough to want Beno for Brown then yeah, you talk.

But other than that, moooooove on.....

Viva Las Espuelas
01-11-2006, 12:14 AM
i don't think devin has played his last game in a spurs uniform. he's coming back. maybe not this year, but he will be back.

2centsworth
01-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Barry makes more than Devin, so who else are they sending back.

They already have good PGS why would they want shit in Udrih.

Oberto sucks

They already have overpaid bigs in Ostertag and Collins.

And OV is right, you dont trade away a solid veteran wing, who takes far less money, and far less PT, to sign here for a ring.

Same with Van Exel.

If they are stupid enough to want Beno for Brown then yeah, you talk.

But other than that, moooooove on.....
salaries don't have to match if you have money under the cap. I already agreed with OV and took fin off the list. Van Exel is untradeable and never was on the list. Still more than Beno is available.

Obstructed_View
01-11-2006, 12:15 AM
The Spurs are a game and a half behind Detroit, and it's not even the all-star break. I doubt they require a trade to shake them up. Pop typically hasn't even settled on a rotation until February or March. It's hard to ask the Spurs to play with a lot of urgency at this point.

T Park
01-11-2006, 12:16 AM
beno has outplayed nick this year

Eh??

barry can play backup pt guard like he did last year against detroit. don't forget barry played pt in seattle most of the time.

lol

yeah, Id love to see Barry play against opposing PGs.

He gets burned bad enough on D as it is now.

I'm just making suggestions because the spurs need to get better

Theyve lost 8 games out of what, 35?

Id say they are doin OK, and if they are playin horrible in March, then go ahead and panic.

SequSpur
Beno sucks. Is he still a Spur?

T Park
salaries don't have to match if you have money under the cap.

That would be ok, if the Jazz are like 5 million under the cap.

2centsworth
01-11-2006, 12:17 AM
The Spurs are a game and a half behind Detroit, and it's not even the all-star break. I doubt they require a trade to shake them up. Pop typically hasn't even settled on a rotation until February or March. It's hard to ask the Spurs to play with a lot of urgency at this point.
you're right, but the chemistry seems off. Spurs can win 60 on pure talent, but to win it all they are going to need their infamous chemistry. Devin's style of play plus his energy and aggressiveness is maybe what this "older" team needs.

Obstructed_View
01-11-2006, 12:18 AM
Beno sucks.

And yet he's still better in every phase of the game than Devin Brown.

2centsworth
01-11-2006, 12:20 AM
Eh??

lol

yeah, Id love to see Barry play against opposing PGs.

He gets burned bad enough on D as it is now.

Theyve lost 8 games out of what, 35?

Id say they are doin OK, and if they are playin horrible in March, then go ahead and panic.
1st. I don't panic
2nd. Barry won't be any worse than Nicky on D. Also, he did just fine against detroit.
3rd. Beno has been more consistent with his jumper which is what the spurs need. Nicky can handle that ball though.

2centsworth
01-11-2006, 12:21 AM
you're kidding right?

Obstructed_View
01-11-2006, 12:22 AM
you're right, but the chemistry seems off. Spurs can win 60 on pure talent, but to win it all they are going to need their infamous chemistry. Devin's style of play plus his energy and aggressiveness is maybe what this "older" team needs.
The team is in cruise control and still manages to win most games. The game against the Timberwolves last week was a great example; You think the Spurs are giving up a run, and you look up and they are up by six. I'm not sure how you motivate a championship team that's in first place in January. I'd say that if they haven't gained some edge by the end of the roadeo trip, there's the beginnings of cause for minor concern.

ShoogarBear
01-11-2006, 12:23 AM
Wait, so now Beno > Devin and NVE?

:lmao

2centsworth
01-11-2006, 12:25 AM
The team is in cruise control and still manages to win most games. The game against the Timberwolves last week was a great example; You think the Spurs are giving up a run, and you look up and they are up by six. I'm not sure how you motivate a championship team that's in first place in January. I'd say that if they haven't gained some edge by the end of the roadeo trip, there's the beginnings of cause for minor concern.
Devin is known commodity. Ideally I wish the spurs could move one of their bigs, barry or beno. Spurs don't play those guys now so why should it matter.

2centsworth
01-11-2006, 12:25 AM
Wait, so now Beno > Devin and NVE?

:lmaonot better than Devin but he's playing better than an out of shape maybe hurt NVE. Nevertheless, I'd like them to move someone else instead of NVE or FIN.

Obstructed_View
01-11-2006, 12:26 AM
you're kidding right?
Nope. And if he isn't, why the hell would anyone expect Utah to trade for him?

T Park
01-11-2006, 12:27 AM

Im not a huge Devin Brown fan.

But lay off the crack.

Beno Udrih is prob the 1 out 20 BAD euro development players the Spurs will draft.

Can't draft all winners.

Hes a stinker, after his contract is up next year, they will cut ties.

That simple.

Wouldn't suprise me to see the Spurs make a run at Speedy in the offseason.

Barry won't be any worse than Nicky on D. Also, he did just fine against detroit.

You seem to have forgotten ALL of last season's playoffs....

He did WHAT fine against Detroit??

Pass the ball like a hot potato?

Beno has been more consistent with his jumper which is what the spurs need. Nicky can handle that ball though

Jumper don't mean a thing, if you turn the ball over at the slightest hint someone is gonna breathe on you on defense.
I don't see what you saw against Detroit...

2centsworth
Nope. And if he isn't, why the hell would anyone expect Utah to trade for him?
Hopefully you're in tight with Utah mgt. make it happen.

doldrums
Yeah his 38% fg shooting is burning up the league. Actually all of Devin's stats suck this year. Are you guys high. Out of all the bencher players in the league, you want him. Plus he is playing almost 22 minutes a game and is averaging a little over 7 pts per game.

Jamtas#2
01-11-2006, 12:28 AM
2centsworth-

Is this just a post out of frustration for the way guys have been playing recently or have you really given up on the guys listed for trade bait?
Also, if you think he's so much better than the guys you listed, do you think Utah will just jump at the chance to make it happen?

T Park
01-11-2006, 12:28 AM
he's playing better than an out of shape maybe hurt NVE

link to the article that says Van Exel is currently out of shape please?

2centsworth
01-11-2006, 12:29 AM

But lay off the crack.

Beno Udrih is prob the 1 out 20 BAD euro development players the Spurs will draft.

Can't draft all winners.

That simple.

Jumper don't mean a thing, if you turn the ball over at the slightest hint someone is gonna breathe on you on defense.
As far as beno i've only talked about his play this year as compared to NVE.

Barry is a natural point and feels more comfortable distributing the ball. Dude average 7 asst per game the year before he came here.

2centsworth
01-11-2006, 12:31 AM
link to the article that says Van Exel is currently out of shape please?
I'm not blind, he's porky.

ShoogarBear
01-11-2006, 12:31 AM
not better than Devin but he's playing better than an out of shape maybe hurt NVE. Nevertheless, I'd like them to move someone else instead of NVE or FIN.How do you figure he's playing better than NVE?

FG% is about the same (but NVE is better).

Beno has more Assists/Min but (and this is the most important thing) more than TWICE the Turnover/Min, and that's with playing a lot more scrub time than NVE.

2centsworth
01-11-2006, 12:33 AM
2centsworth-

Is this just a post out of frustration for the way guys have been playing recently or have you really given up on the guys listed for trade bait?
Also, if you think he's so much better than the guys you listed, do you think Utah will just jump at the chance to make it happen?
The guys listed for trade bait are all very talented. I just like what Brown brought to the table last year compared to what the spurs are getting this year. Still early, but hate to admit it TIMVP might be right in saying the spurs need some youth off the bench. I don't think the guys I listed are worse than Brown in fact they might be better, I just like the chemistry brown adds.

Obstructed_View
01-11-2006, 12:35 AM

But lay off the crack.

Can't draft all winners.

That simple.

Dude, you have got to get over that. Seriously. You sound so stupid constantly saying that he is lost beyond all hope of redemption because he turned the ball over against a top defensive team in the NBA finals in his rookie season. Fortunately for you, Pop seems to be equally as unforgiving so we'll probably see him continue to rot on the bench. But you obviously bob at the crotch of whichever Spur happens to play well in a playoff series in the stretches that seem important to you, even if it's Devin scoring against the Lakers after the team has already mailed in the season.

SequSpur
01-11-2006, 12:35 AM
devin doesn't want to come back.

2centsworth
01-11-2006, 12:37 AM
after tony parker embarrassed his dad on tv maybe not.

SequSpur
01-11-2006, 12:40 AM
huh?

T Park
01-11-2006, 12:44 AM
Dude average 7 asst per game the year before he came here.

playing against below average competition. Yippee.

You sound so stupid constantly saying that he is lost beyond all hope of redemption because he turned the ball over against a top defensive team in the NBA finals in his rookie season

When did we play Denver and Seattle in the Finals?

Fortunately for you, Pop seems to be equally as unforgiving so we'll probably see him continue to rot on the bench

Maybe thats a sign, when a guy like Pop, who I think is a decent evaluator of talent, althought after his Carl Herrera signing I had to question his sanity.

But you obviously bob at the crotch of whichever Spur happens to play well in a playoff series in the stretches that seem important to you, even if it's Devin scoring against the Lakers after the team has already mailed in the season.

Devin played well in more than just that "series"

Devin brown was the first guard off the bench last year

ahead of everyone's favorite brick laying white guys Udrih and Barry.

He did want to come back.

Just not at the same price as last year.

Even though, never mind.

T Park
01-11-2006, 12:45 AM
after tony parker embarrassed his dad on tv maybe not

lol when did this happen?

Bruno
01-11-2006, 01:06 AM
Utah is over the cap, salaries have to match.
For us, it only make sense to trade Barry for Devin.
Barry for Devin+Palacio works.

T Park
01-11-2006, 01:08 AM
Then the logical question comes.

Why in god's name would Utah trade Brown and a solid back up point,

for a horrible shooting scared SG.

Bruno
01-11-2006, 01:17 AM
Then the logical question comes.

Why in god's name would Utah trade Brown and a solid back up point,

for a horrible shooting scared SG.

Palacio isn't a solid backup point : he sucks.

Maybe you don't like Barry but he is still way more talented than Devin and he can bring some vet leadership and mentoring Deron Williams.
I can see Spurs doing it for financial purpose.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-11-2006, 01:44 AM
Screw Devin, Beno Udrih is horrible, if we pick up anyone let it be a long athletic 3 or find a way to get Speedy Claxton back.

T Park
01-11-2006, 01:46 AM
Maybe you don't like Barry but he is still way more talented than Devin

Then why, before Devin got hurt, was Devin Brown the first guard off the bench, and not Brent Barry?!?!

Palacio isn't a solid backup point : he sucks.

ISnt this the same guy that had the winning shots and a pretty good game vs the Pistons a couple nights ago??

uhhh no.

SenorSpur
01-11-2006, 04:06 AM
How about we just wait until his contract with Utah runs out?

Nephets
01-11-2006, 05:13 AM
Remember when Beno made the all rookie team?

He still has potential, he isn't great, but he can develope into a great back-up for the years to come.

Bruno
01-11-2006, 06:26 AM
Then why, before Devin got hurt, was Devin Brown the first guard off the bench, and not Brent Barry?!?!

ISnt this the same guy that had the winning shots and a pretty good game vs the Pistons a couple nights ago??

uhhh no.

Devin and Barry played the same amount of time. You can't reduce Barry to only one year with Spurs. It was a new system for Barry and Devin was really a product of the system. He shows this season with Utah that he is a very limited player.
For Palacio, he plays SG against Detroit. You called him a solid backup point but he can't run an offense. He is an undersized SG.

You have tons of players like Brown and Palacio, they are usefull and can put little nice stats but when you watch them play they aren't that great. I know draft make sometimes mistake evaluating talents (Manu...) but there is a reason why both wasn't drafted : they are very average players.

I can understand that you don't like Barry (he was quite bad with Spurs) but even if I really like devin, Barry is a better basketball player.

2centsworth
01-11-2006, 11:22 AM
playing against below average competition. Yippee.
When did the NBA become below average competition.

T Park
01-11-2006, 11:36 AM
I can understand that you don't like Barry (he was quite bad with Spurs) but even if I really like devin, Barry is a better basketball player.

Was? IS.

LOL HOW IS HE BETTER

HE SUCKS

1 rebound 1 assist o points last night.

Fuck, Mengke Bateer coulda done that, and Barry is getting 7 million a year for christ sakes.

When did the NBA become below average competition

You said the year before he came to the Spurs.

Last I checked, he wasn't in the NBA BEFORE he came to the Spurs.

spursincharge
01-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Well take this as it is...

But on New Year's Eve....a friend of mine who's "close" with Devin called Devin to wish him a Happy New Year and since I'm a big fan and had a few beers at the time...I asked her to talk to him

So I asked him if he wants to come back to the Spurs and he said he would love to someday.....He said Tim is his favorite to hang out with on the team too

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Devin's a known commodity? He's got back problems at 23. Yeah, that's what I call a known quality.

Hey, maybe we can get him back, and somehow void his contract and give him 5-6 million a year.

Then twocentsworth and Marcus Cryant can both be happy

SequSpur
01-11-2006, 02:20 PM
Devin isn't coming back so this topic is stupid.

2centsworth
01-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Last I checked, he wasn't in the NBA BEFORE he came to the Spurs.
we must be talking about different players. I was talking about brent barry.

2centsworth
01-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Devin's a known commodity? He's got back problems at 23. Yeah, that's what I call a known quality.

Hey, maybe we can get him back, and somehow void his contract and give him 5-6 million a year.

Then twocentsworth and Marcus Cryant can both be happyPut words into my mouth. Isn't there a thread on all the 1 star recruits the aggies are signing?

PM5K
01-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Stupid fucking thread, Spurs are one game off of their pace from last year, and we've had injuries....

2centsworth
01-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Stupid fucking thread, Spurs are one game off of their pace from last year, and we've had injuries....
i recall when the spurs had the best record in the league several times and not win a championship. Hope by now you realize regular season record doesn't mean all that much.

PM5K
01-11-2006, 06:07 PM
It means a lot, it's a barometer of how well you are playing, in this case as compared to last year when we DID have Devin. Are you saying that if we were 8-27 there wouldn't be any difference?

Brodels
01-11-2006, 06:30 PM
So let me get this straight: some here think that the best team in the conference needs a spark for some reason and believe that an end-of-the-bench, dime-a-dozen swingman is going to do it? I know that many of you are blinded because Devin is a local boy, but do you really think that a borderline NBA player is really going to improve the Spurs? Do the Spurs need to go seek trades to improve the team right now?

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Put words into my mouth. Isn't there a thread on all the 1 star recruits the aggies are signing?

I don't know what's more pathetic - your original post groveling for some bench fodder or you attempting to divert attention from being called out for three pages by some lame crack about A&M.

Obstructed_View
01-11-2006, 06:58 PM
So let me get this straight: some here think that the best team in the conference needs a spark for some reason and believe that an end-of-the-bench, dime-a-dozen swingman is going to do it? I know that many of you are blinded because Devin is a local boy, but do you really think that a borderline NBA player is really going to improve the Spurs? Do the Spurs need to go seek trades to improve the team right now?
If Manu can't provide a spark coming off the bench Devin Brown sure the hell won't. All the hand-wringers are out in force at this time of year. Those must be the 75 game predicters at the beginning of the season.

2centsworth
01-11-2006, 08:06 PM
I don't know what's more pathetic - your original post groveling for some bench fodder or you attempting to divert attention from being called out for three pages by some lame crack about A&M.
You're the last person in the world who can call another person pathetic. Even aggie's are ashamed of you.

Peter
01-14-2006, 12:20 AM
I think Devin Brown was a better fit for this team than Finley.