PDA

View Full Version : Spurs- New franchise record.

Brutalis
01-11-2006, 01:05 AM
20 FTs made in the 4th is a new record for the Spurs.

Free Throws. Like, you know, the charity stripe. How shocking that we MADE 20 in a game moreless' a quarter!

Sorry if this is a double post.

SequSpur
01-11-2006, 01:17 AM
The Spurs needed those throws.

Buddy Holly
01-11-2006, 01:26 AM

We needed to make them because the Nets made it a few throw contest in the last minute. We didn't need them to win though.

T Park
01-11-2006, 01:29 AM
Engelland gets to take two steps back from the rope.

I still havent see how he has brought any kind of improvement to the team.

SequSpur
01-11-2006, 01:31 AM
We needed to make them because the Nets made it a few throw contest in the last minute. We didn't need them to win though.

Game isn't over til the last second goes off the clock.

If you watched the Nets vs. the Raptors, 2 nights ago, recognize......

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-11-2006, 01:36 AM
Engelland gets to take two steps back from the rope.

I still havent see how he has brought any kind of improvement to the team.

Tony's stroke looked a helluva lot better tonight than it did last year.

boutons_
01-11-2006, 11:38 AM
"We didn't need them to win though."

WTF? Spurs and Nets both scored 26 pts in 4th qtr.

Spurs win by only 8 pts, compared with CRITICAL/WINNING HELP from 30 pts from FTs.

If Spurs had shot their common 60% FT instead of 79% FT, that would have been 23 pts on FTs instead of 30, a 1 pt game.
Nets destroyed the Spurs in the paint, 40 - 26. 26 must be one of, perhaps the lowest paint productions the Spurs have had all season, esp with Tim and Tony scoring so much in the paint. Usually when Spurs lose the paint, they lose the game.

I think Frank's strategy must have been to shut down paint (duh), and foul freely since the Spurs are one of the worst FT teams.

SenorSpur
01-11-2006, 12:11 PM

You bet. They don't have those free throws and today we're asking why they lost to the Nets.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-11-2006, 12:49 PM
I was glad to see Timmy hitting from the stripe. Hopefully that will continue.

1Parker1
01-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Another thing that was interesting....Manu's FT shooting has dropped to 75% this year, down from 80% last year. Although, I'm sure his injuries have a lot to do with it. Nonetheless, I hope poor FT shooting isn't psychologically contagious :lol

boutons_
01-11-2006, 01:23 PM
"that will continue."

If the past is any indicator, it won't.

If Tim can't hit FTs after 15 years of college/pro ball ....

Tony is useless on FTs, absolutely no feel for his shot, might as well shoot blindfolded with his left hand, but at least he's got most of his career ahead of him.

BigVee
01-11-2006, 01:30 PM
"that will continue."

If the past is any indicator, it won't.

If Tim can't hit FTs after 15 years of college/pro ball ....

Tony is useless on FTs, absolutely no feel for his shot, might as well shoot blindfolded with his left hand, but at least he's got most of his career ahead of him.

No shit. It still amazes me that when the basket is 15 feet away and 10 feet off the ground that Tim and Tony keep shooting the ball 14 1/2 feet long and 9 1/2 feet high and expect it to go in the basket. It is tough to watch.

Oh, Gee!!
01-11-2006, 01:31 PM

what would the score have been without them?

leemajors
01-11-2006, 02:10 PM
karl malone made himself into a pretty good shooter, it can be done. when he came in the league he couldn't shoot nearly as well. by the end of his career he was automatic from 15 feet. he also made himself into a decent ft shooter, albeit not at the end of the game under pressure.

1Parker1
01-11-2006, 02:23 PM
The local radio annoucers kept pointing out the irony that Bruce Bowen leads the lead in 3 point shooting at 55%, but can only hit 58% from the FT line. Then of course, right as they said that he iced those 2 clutch FT's :lol

boutons_
01-11-2006, 02:35 PM
"he iced those 2 clutch FT's "

That kind of "proved 'em wrong" happens a lot. Always funny.