PDA

View Full Version : Spurs-Pistons game

Dre_7
01-11-2006, 06:12 AM
Is the Spurs-Pistons game Jan. 12th on national television?

Or is it just another "JV" game? :lol

Brutalis
01-11-2006, 06:17 AM
I wish it'd be on ABC so I could actually watch it!

Hey, I had to pick between cable, or the net. I aint rich dammit.

Dre_7
01-11-2006, 06:21 AM
I wish it'd be on ABC so I could actually watch it!

Hey, I had to pick between cable, or the net. I aint rich dammit.

So its not on National TV, but is it on cable? ESPN? TNT?

Brutalis
01-11-2006, 06:37 AM
So its not on National TV, but is it on cable? ESPN? TNT?

No I'm sure it's on TNT Thursday night.

Nephets
01-11-2006, 06:40 AM
Yep, it's on TNT.

boutons_
01-11-2006, 10:16 AM
http://www.nba.com/schedules/national_tv_schedule/index.html

bdubya
01-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Is the Spurs-Pistons game Jan. 12th on national television?

Or is it just another "JV" game? :lol

Pistons will probably be without their backup point guard, so it's just another meaningless game, unless Detroit wins, in which case it's a vitally important statement game.
:spin :spin :spin

TwoHandJam
01-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Pistons will probably be without their backup point guard, so it's just another meaningless game, unless Detroit wins, in which case it's a vitally important statement game.
:spin :spin :spinWhat's wrong with arroyo? Is Hunter still out? Parker abused him last year anyhow. :P

leemajors
01-11-2006, 02:03 PM
the "jv" game was broadcast on national tv as well, it just didn't get the hype kobe v shaq did.

Phenomanul
01-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Now its Kobe vs. Lebron.

Marklar MM
01-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Ya. We are the JV game again, because Kobe-Lebron play right after us.

Brutalis
01-11-2006, 04:13 PM
:spin :spin :spin

So the Spurs losing in Detroit without Manu was meaningless?

Where fuck are these Pistons fucks coming from anyways. Dallas?

ALVAREZ6
01-11-2006, 04:13 PM
Fucking media rides LeBron, Kobe, and Shaq so badly, it's not even funny anymore.

1Parker1
01-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Ya. We are the JV game again, because Kobe-Lebron play right after us.

:lol Are you serious?! That's so funny...

bdubya
01-11-2006, 04:53 PM
What's wrong with arroyo? Is Hunter still out? Parker abused him last year anyhow. :P

Arroyo lost his cool and bumped a ref last night; speculation is he'll get suspended for a game or two, but I haven't heard any news out of the league on it. It wasn't much of a bump, so maybe they'll let it slide, maybe.

CubanMustGo
01-11-2006, 05:12 PM

Damn, dude, he had three smileys on the post. It's a joke.

midgetonadonkey
01-11-2006, 05:13 PM
If the Spurs lose I will shave my head.

bdubya
01-11-2006, 05:37 PM

Ummmm.....yeah, actually, I think it was. I don't hang much meaning on the Pistons winning at home against a team that's missing a key piece; do you? (I also think Ginobili is more important to the Spurs than Arroyo is to the Pistons, but that's beside the point...) A Spurs WIN on xmas would have meant more, but it was still only December.

ITYM "where THE fuck", not "where fuck". "Where fuck" is sort of a non-sequitur if you stop to think about it. :angel

HTH,
bw

FreshPrince22
01-11-2006, 05:42 PM
Spurs should win this one. We probably won't a have a backup PG (Arroyo suspension, and Hunter injured). Plus it's at the SBC, and the Pistons are in a little slump right now. All signs point to a Spurs victory.

IMO, this game (as was the christmas game) is completely meaningless outside of HCA implications.

leemajors
01-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Spurs should win this one. We probably won't a have a backup PG (Arroyo suspension, and Hunter injured). Plus it's at the SBC, and the Pistons are in a little slump right now. All signs point to a Spurs victory.

they still came through on the over for vbookie last night :smokin

Kori Ellis
01-11-2006, 06:15 PM
We probably won't a have a backup PG (Arroyo suspension, and Hunter injured).

Chauncey will log major minutes anyway, but is there another point on the roster after those two?

Kori Ellis
01-11-2006, 06:16 PM
Alex Acker?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-11-2006, 06:18 PM
I'd imagine Tashaun playing the point with Delfino logging healthy minutes...

E20
01-11-2006, 06:18 PM
I can't wait for this game, it's gonna be sick!!!

bdubya
01-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Chauncey will log major minutes anyway, but is there another pont on the roster after those two?

No, there's not. Rip brough the ball up some last night, but mainly I'd expect to see Tayshaun spell Billups at point, with Delfino at small forward. Don't tell Pop, OK?

Kori Ellis
01-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Don't tell Pop, OK?

:tu No Problem. :lol

ABDENOUR POWER
01-11-2006, 06:21 PM
I expect the Spurs to win big.

FreshPrince22
01-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Alex Acker?

Acker has never played a game in the NBA. And he's a Combo guard (I'm pretty sure he played mostly SG in college). Not sure a game in San Antonio is the best day to make your debut in the NBA AND as a PG, but oh well. Flip did just mention a couple minutes ago on the radio that Lindsey definately won't play, and that Acker will play if Arroyo is suspended. I imagine if he totally sucks it up Chauncey will be back in immediately to play the entire game. Hopefully there's is no foul trouble, or we're completely screwed.

ahb
01-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Hamilton, Prince and Delfino can all play point guard, at least for stretches. And since they would be playing against Nick the not-so-quick Van Exel, it might even favor Detroit.

Kori Ellis
01-11-2006, 06:30 PM
Flip did just mention a couple minutes ago on the radio that Lindsey definately won't play, and that Acker will play if Arroyo is suspended.

Flip knows that he IS suspended right? It's not an if.

Kori Ellis
01-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Oh .. I got the memo from the NBA about an hour ago. I thought it was announced before that.

admack
01-11-2006, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE]Pistons will probably be without their backup point guard, so it's just another meaningless game, unless Detroit wins, in which case it's a vitally important statement game.

The Pistons will suit up Alex Acker and he's got a chip on his shoulder so look out. Plus he plays much better defense than Arroyo so this game shopuld be interesting.

FreshPrince22
01-11-2006, 06:41 PM

The Pistons will suit up Alex Acker and he's got a chip on his shoulder so look out. Plus he plays much better defense than Arroyo so this game shopuld be interesting.

I doubt it. He has the potential to be a great defender (very long arms), but he's so inexperienced at this level that he is no better than Arroyo at this point. The game speed is about a mile ahead of him, and that was just in pre-season. He can hit some jumpshots though. Pretty crafty scorer.

FreshPrince22
01-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Oh .. I got the memo from the NBA about an hour ago. I thought it was announced before that.

Ohh, well, I just noticed I was listening to the replay of the interview (should have known, it was a morning show), so I assume it was earlier in the day. It sounded like he knew, but didn't want to say it officially.

bdubya
01-11-2006, 06:47 PM
The Pistons will suit up Alex Acker and he's got a chip on his shoulder so look out. Plus he plays much better defense than Arroyo so this game should be interesting.

Seeing Acker make his NBA debut ought to be interesting, all right, but if he doesn't get totally schooled, I'll be stunned.

FreshPrince22
01-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Seeing Acker make his NBA debut ought to be interesting, all right, but if he doesn't get totally schooled, I'll be stunned.

Bold prediction: Alex is gonna light it up, and officially knock Arroyo out of the rotation.

oh please let that happen!

himat
01-11-2006, 06:53 PM
i have not even heard arroyo got suspended yet. oh well more time for chauncey to kill you guys.

himat
01-11-2006, 06:58 PM
Bold prediction: Alex is gonna light it up, and officially knock Arroyo out of the rotation.

oh please let that happen!

he probably will if he plays against beno.

SlasherX
01-11-2006, 07:01 PM
He's suspended for 1 game.

Detroit’s Arroyo Suspended

NEW YORK, Jan. 11 – Detroit Pistons guard Carlos Arroyo has been suspended one game without pay for making physical contact with a game official, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President of Basketball Operations.
The incident occurred with 7:43 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Pistons 96-86 road victory over the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets at Ford Center in Oklahoma City. Arroyo will serve his suspension Thursday night when the Pistons visit the San Antonio Spurs.

admack
01-11-2006, 07:10 PM
Acker will suprise some people, this i vow.

bdubya
01-11-2006, 08:06 PM
Acker will suprise some people, this i vow.

I REALLY hope so, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. If he can light it up under that kind of pressure (NBA debut, against the champs on their floor, backing up the team's probably MVP), that'd be unreal.

ShoogarBear
01-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Ya. We are the JV game again, because Kobe-Lebron play right after us.Just hilarious. :lol

ShoogarBear
01-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Plus it's at the SBCNope, no it's not. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smispin.gif

IMO, this game (as was the christmas game) is completely meaningless outside of HCA implications.If the Pistons win this one, I don't think it would be that meaningless.

ALVAREZ6
01-11-2006, 08:16 PM
If the Spurs win this game, which puts the series 1-1 for the regular season, would the team that finishes with the best record get HCA???

ShoogarBear
01-11-2006, 08:21 PM
The team with the best record always gets HCA, no matter what the season series was.

The usual second tiebreaker (after head-to-head) is conference winning percentage. That's what they use for the conference playoffs, I guess they might also use that for the Finals, although it wouldn't really make sense.