PDA

View Full Version : Would White be a better pick?

spurjur
01-11-2006, 10:47 AM
For some strange reason I think White is the guy who will have a more successful NFL career than Bush, Young, or Leinart. I may be the only one, but its just a feeling I have. I think he is more suit to carry the ball more than Bush.

Source: USC's White to declare for NFL draftESPN.com news services

Southern Cal might be losing both its Thunder and its Lightning.

Running back LenDale White will declare for the NFL draft on Wednesday, a person close to White told ESPN's Joe Schad on Tuesday night. White was expected to make the announcement during an interview on ESPNEWS.

White, a 6-foot-2, 235-pound junior, could be the third major offensive weapon to leave USC for the NFL this year, following the departure of quarterback Matt Leinart. Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush has not officially declared his intention to enter the NFL Draft, but met with a prospective agent Monday.

White finished the 2005 season with 1,302 yards on 197 carries, including 124 yards on 20 carries in the Trojans' 41-38 Rose Bowl loss to Texas. In his three-year career, White had 541 carries for 3,159 yards.

sa_butta
01-11-2006, 12:25 PM
He could be like a Ronnie Brown running in the shadows of Cadillac Williams.

Oh, Gee!!
01-11-2006, 01:30 PM
He definitely has the size to be a good back in the NFL

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-11-2006, 02:09 PM
I think he's definitely a better between the tackles guy, and will be a franchise back.

spurjur
01-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Who does he go to?

Horry For 3!
01-11-2006, 02:44 PM
Who does he go to?
All the Mock Drafts that I have looked at just about every one of them have LenDale going to the Steelers.

spurjur
01-11-2006, 03:05 PM
That would be a good fit since the wheels off the Bus are about to come off.

Oh, Gee!!
01-11-2006, 03:07 PM
All the Mock Drafts that I have looked at just about every one of them have LenDale going to the Steelers.

that's scary

spurjur
01-11-2006, 03:22 PM
That is kind of scary because Big Ben "should" get better. I think the Steelers need to get a big wideout to get them to the Super Bowl. That's just my opinion though. Anyone one know what pick the Steelers get?

God
01-11-2006, 03:25 PM
that's scary
White will go higher than the Steelers.

spurjur
01-11-2006, 03:47 PM
What about the Cardinals or the Ravens?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-11-2006, 04:53 PM
A lot can change between now and the draft, but I'd be surprised if he got past the Packers at 5...

Horry For 3!
01-11-2006, 05:09 PM
That is kind of scary because Big Ben "should" get better. I think the Steelers need to get a big wideout to get them to the Super Bowl. That's just my opinion though. Anyone one know what pick the Steelers get?
Depends on what they do in the playoffs.

exstatic
01-12-2006, 08:31 AM
White is a chain mover, and Bush is a gamebreaker. If Bush can translate that to the NFL, he will be the better pick, but you know EXACTLY what you're getting with LenDale. GMs like that. Bush is a wildcard, and there are questions about his durabilty and workload capacity.

exstatic
01-12-2006, 08:37 AM

They're not going to find anyone better than Hines Ward. He makes big plays AND does all of the dirty work like blocking downfield for his RBs. Like one of the announcers said during the Pitt/Cin game, you're just never going to catch 80-90 balls in that offense. It's designed as a clock burning ball control O. That allows Pittsburgh's uber aggressive defense to rest and recover between series.

tlongII
01-12-2006, 11:57 AM
White, Bush, and Leinart would all be better picks than Vince Young.

JMarkJohns
01-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Cardinals have desperate need for someone of his size and skill. They would throw the ball on 3rd/4th and 1/2. Crazy. They were inept in the rezone, scoring a TD only around 30% of the time. White would definately change that.

I've said the Cardinals needed White for close to a year now. I haven't wavered.

Only qualm is the "Reggie Bush?" factor. White stated that on the final 4th and 2 play, he broke from the playcall and hit the wrong seem, too early. He basically pulled a Bush and tried to make something out of nothing. I'm worried that if Bush does have NFL success doing the same, White might break from his "between the tackles" style and try it himself. If he does it too often, like Portis, sometimes he'll be very ineffective.

He has great speed for someone his size. It's just not the same kind as Portis or Bush. He needs the discipline to stick with the playcall. If he does, I think he'll be a great back.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-12-2006, 03:01 PM
White, Bush, and Leinart would all be better picks than Vince Young.

I'd agree with that. They are more polished and can contribute right away. VY probably has the most upside though...

tlongII
01-12-2006, 03:03 PM
I'd agree with that. They are more polished and can contribute right away. VY probably has the most upside though...

I don't know how you calculate upside. That is an imaginary quality in my opinion.

GiG's Doctor
01-12-2006, 04:47 PM
He would be a nice pick-up for GB they need a durable back but they are also very weak on the O-line and with Rodgers possibly starting next year they may want to address that need or help preserve a old Favre. I'm sure they don't want their young QB going all David Carr on them.

Rummpd
01-12-2006, 06:29 PM
"White, Bush, and Leinart would all be better picks than Vince Young."

Just like Bush should have got the Heisman and they were the better players on the field in the Rose Bowl (not to take anything away from these three great players but hardly).

Keep under-estimating Mr. Young, IMO he will be the biggest difference maker of a talented 4 down the road and the team that gets him will have a jewel.

tlongII
01-12-2006, 06:49 PM
"White, Bush, and Leinart would all be better picks than Vince Young."

Just like Bush should have got the Heisman and they were the better players on the field in the Rose Bowl (not to take anything away from these three great players but hardly).

Keep under-estimating Mr. Young, IMO he will be the biggest difference maker of a talented 4 down the road and the team that gets him will have a jewel.

Spoken like a true Texan.