PDA

View Full Version : at&t Center

Old School Chic
01-11-2006, 12:26 PM
It's finally here!

SBC and AT&T Corporation have recently completed a merger that has now created the nation’s largest telecommunications provider. The combined San Antonio based company is now operating under the AT&T name, one of the world’s most recognized brands.

As a result of the merger, starting today the home to the Spurs, Silver Stars, Rampage and Rodeo will have a new name... the AT&T Center.

:elephant

Kori Ellis
01-11-2006, 12:28 PM
SBC Center to unveil new name, logo
It's official. Nearly two months after SBC Communications Inc. and AT&T Corp. merged their two companies, SBC Center is finally getting a name change.

The Bexar County-owned arena signed a 20-year, $41 million naming-rights agreement with SBC in 2000.

SBC and AT&T finalized their merger on Nov. 18, creating the new AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T). SBC Center will have the AT&T moniker added to the arena, although company officials say they will keep mum on the official name until Wednesday at a 3:30 p.m. announcement.

On Wednesday (today), representatives from the county, the NBA Champion San Antonio Spurs, the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo and AT&T will unveil the new name and logo.

The 18,500-seat facility is managed by Spurs Sports & Entertainment, the parent company of the Spurs.

Workers will also imprint the new logo on the floor of the basketball court and hang the new parking lot banners.

http://sanantonio.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/stories/2006/01/09/daily15.html

Old School Chic
01-11-2006, 12:32 PM
SBC Center to unveil new name, logo
It's official. Nearly two months after SBC Communications Inc. and AT&T Corp. merged their two companies, SBC Center is finally getting a name change.

The Bexar County-owned arena signed a 20-year, $41 million naming-rights agreement with SBC in 2000.

SBC and AT&T finalized their merger on Nov. 18, creating the new AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T). SBC Center will have the AT&T moniker added to the arena, although company officials say they will keep mum on the official name until Wednesday at a 3:30 p.m. announcement.

On Wednesday (today), representatives from the county, the NBA Champion San Antonio Spurs, the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo and AT&T will unveil the new name and logo.

The 18,500-seat facility is managed by Spurs Sports & Entertainment, the parent company of the Spurs.

Workers will also imprint the new logo on the floor of the basketball court and hang the new parking lot banners.

http://sanantonio.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/stories/2006/01/09/daily15.html

Thank you, Kori. This explains it much better.

Phenomanul
01-11-2006, 02:12 PM
So will all this be ready before the Pistons game???

travis2
01-11-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for "Call Center"...

:lol

Slomo
01-11-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for "Call Center"...

:lol :lol :lol

I don't really care too much about it but I thought that AT&T Arena sounded better than AT&T Center.

Old School Chic
01-11-2006, 02:41 PM
:lol :lol :lol

I don't really care too much about it but I thought that AT&T Arena sounded better than AT&T Center.

We all like at&t arena, but oh well. :depressed

grjr
01-11-2006, 03:11 PM
It's going to be the "SBC Center of San Antonio de Bexar presented by AT&T Inc" and will have to be called that every time it's mentioned on air. :lol

Old School Chic
01-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Just got back from our New Logo ceremony... :depressed

I liked the SBC Center much better.
BTW, Robert Horry was present at the ceremony. :spin

www.attcenter.com

Kori Ellis
01-11-2006, 05:26 PM
INTRODUCING THE NEW AT&T CENTER
New Name for the Home of the Spurs, Rampage, Silver Stars
and San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo

SAN ANTONIO, Jan. 11, 2006 - It's official. The home of the NBA-Champion Spurs is now the AT&T Center. Today, representatives from Bexar County, the Spurs, the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo, and AT&T Inc. unveiled the new AT&T Center logo. The new name results from SBC Communications Inc.'s recent acquisition of AT&T Corp. and its decision to retain the AT&T name.

While the facility name will change immediately, replacing branding inside and outside the AT&T Center will be an ongoing process throughout the year. Initially, the AT&T Center logo will be evident on banners and on signage most visible to television cameras including those displayed on the Spurs basketball court. In addition, the official website of the AT&T Center will now become www.attcenter.com.

"As a global company, AT&T is proud to have its name on the building where the best basketball in the world is played," said Ed Whitacre, AT&T chairman and CEO. "We appreciate the strong cooperation among the city, county, the rodeo, and Spurs Sports & Entertainment to make the AT&T Center a reality."

"San Antonio is the new home to one of the world's most recognized brands, and we are excited to call the AT&T Center home to the NBA-Champion Spurs," said Bexar County Commissioner Paul Elizondo. "AT&T Center events are viewed around the globe, and we believe that having the AT&T name will only enhance our reputation as a business and destination location."

"The Spurs are an international team, and we are thrilled that our home now reflects such an internationally recognized brand," said Spurs Chairman Peter Holt. "AT&T is a terrific partner, and we are grateful for the company's commitment to the Spurs and the San Antonio community."

"The San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo is one of the biggest events in our city, and we are pleased to call the AT&T Center our home," said San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo President Elaine Thompson.

In July 2000, the Spurs and what is now AT&T Inc. announced a 20-year $41 million naming-rights sponsorship agreement. The $175 million facility, with seating configurations available for groups from 2,000 to 18,500, opened in September 2002. The Spurs have won two NBA Championships in their first three seasons of play here.

The AT&T Center will continue to offer something for everyone, hosting more than 200 events each year, including men's and women's professional basketball games, professional hockey games, the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo, family shows, concerts, conferences and other special events.

About the New AT&T

AT&T Inc. is one of the world's largest telecommunications holding companies and is the largest in the United States. Operating globally under the AT&T brand, AT&T companies are recognized as the leading worldwide providers of IP-based communications services to business and as leading U.S. providers of high-speed DSL Internet, local and long distance voice, and directory publishing and advertising services. AT&T Inc. holds a 60 percent ownership interest in Cingular Wireless, which is the No. 1 U.S. wireless services provider with more than 52 million wireless customers. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and AT&T products and services is available at www.TheNewATT.com.

alamo50
01-11-2006, 05:32 PM
http://www.attcenter.com/images/homepage/header_main.jpg

Hmmmmm, I'll have to stare at it for a few days to get used to.

SequSpur
01-11-2006, 05:33 PM
is it me or does that place resemble an airplane hangar?

T Park
01-11-2006, 05:37 PM
its you bozo.

Old School Chic
01-11-2006, 05:38 PM
its you bozo.

http://www.attcenter.com/images/attc_logos/ATTC_horiz_rev_300.jpg

SequSpur
01-11-2006, 05:42 PM

http://www.attcenter.com/images/attc_logos/ATTC_horiz_rev_300.jpg

:rolleyes

angel_luv
01-11-2006, 06:37 PM
I was rooting for AT&T Arena but whatever.

kolko
01-11-2006, 08:06 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/attcenter_060111.jpg

T Park
01-11-2006, 08:33 PM
I was wondering.

Tommarow night is SBC CENTER gonna be taped over on the floor.

They even have like, SBC Center metal logos embedded in the floor.

Gonna have to remake those....

vincerodriguez23
01-11-2006, 09:18 PM
It's finally here!

SBC and AT&T Corporation have recently completed a merger that has now created the nation’s largest telecommunications provider. The combined San Antonio based company is now operating under the AT&T name, one of the world’s most recognized brands.

As a result of the merger, starting today the home to the Spurs, Silver Stars, Rampage and Rodeo will have a new name... the AT&T Center.

:elephant

hey i brought up the name change subject first!

Old School Chic
01-11-2006, 10:55 PM
hey i brought up the name change subject first!

Whatever!
:rolleyes

I work at the center.

Obstructed_View
01-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Are they going to repaint the roof?

Old School Chic
01-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Are they going to repaint the roof?

The floor is done.
The rest of the center will get everything changed before the playoffs.

The Pistons practiced on the old SBC center floor this morning, but the Spurs will beat them on the new at&t floor tomorrow night!

Go Spurs!

Obstructed_View
01-11-2006, 11:26 PM
Cool. I just bookmarked it in Google Earth. We'll see if it updates before the playoffs.

T Park
01-11-2006, 11:28 PM
Interesting.

All the signage to be changed over by the playoffs.

A totally brand new floor.

Cool....

vincerodriguez23
01-12-2006, 04:09 AM
i like the name AT&T Center a lot more than SBC Center. The name is more "known" (i.e. L.A.'s Staples Center, Denvers Pepsi Center) and the logos are cool. I like the globe, whats the floor logo gonna look like? is it what its gonna look like in that picture on spurs.com?

StillBorn
01-12-2006, 04:16 AM
Interesting.

All the signage to be changed over by the playoffs.

A totally brand new floor.

Cool....

Brand new floor? Why would they get a new floor? It apperas they only got new parts that show/read AT&T Center.

Old School Chic
01-12-2006, 10:39 AM
Brand new floor? Why would they get a new floor? It apperas they only got new parts that show/read AT&T Center.

It's not a new floor. They just put at&t where SBC used to be at. It was funny because they invited the media and guests to see the new floor, and it wasn't even ready. The guys were still trying to stick the letters on the floor :lol

TDMVPDPOY
01-12-2006, 10:58 AM
Hey who actually owns the stadium btw?

Old School Chic
01-12-2006, 11:16 AM
Hey who actually owns the stadium btw?

Bexar County owns It.
The Spurs lease It.
And at&t just owns the name. :spin

angel_luv
01-12-2006, 12:27 PM
Whatever!