PDA

View Full Version : My gf wants to goto Russia...

Brutalis
01-11-2006, 02:32 PM
Good idea? Bad idea?

Uh, tourism is Russia is scary. Knowing their sad, dismal history. Is it even safe you think?

I don't know why it frightens me really. I need some input.

CubanMustGo
01-11-2006, 02:34 PM
(a) it's expensive
(b) see (a)

Slomo
01-11-2006, 02:41 PM
CMG is right.

Although it is somewhat riskier for western tourist than western Europe it's not too bad from a safety point of view. It's similar to any big city (New York comes to mind), there are certain things that are better left alone and certain (well publicised) rules to obey. But it is expensive - a decent hotel room can cost a lot, the same goes for good restaurants (except if you plan to survive on big macs and pizza hut).

Brutalis
01-11-2006, 02:49 PM
I don't want to go there. I for one don't think there's anything worth seeing or paying for.

I have no idea why she's wanting to go there.

There's so many places with like, better everything.

I'd rather goto the crummy inner city of Detroit than that place. And that's saying a lot, seriously. (if you've been there you'd know)

Lady Marmalade
01-11-2006, 02:53 PM
in like 98-99 there was still rapid russian muffia ... just knowing that i'd be scared to go.

Brutalis
01-11-2006, 02:55 PM
Russia is still corrupt just said my uncle. Yeah, she is definetly NOT going there.

Slomo
01-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Dude your way off base when you compare the inner city of Detroit with things like the Hermitage in Saint Petersburg (or the whole of Saint Petersburg for that matter). Moscow has many beautiful and visit worthy sites as well. I wouldn't spend weeks there but it's definitely worth a visit.

Russia has had a crazy history and that makes for many interesting sites. Of course you need to be into these kind of things and read a thing or two about it before travelling.

Brutalis
01-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Of course. I need to know more about Russia before anything ever happend.

It just doesn't seem safe is my whole concern otherwise I wouldn't mind going.

Slomo
01-11-2006, 03:00 PM
On the Russian mafia issue: It's getting a lot better nowadyas (it was crazy in the early 90s) but even then they left tourist alone. Your biggest danger was being mugged because of the extreme poverty people lived in (to a certain degree it is still the case). From what I understand visiting Mexico City is much more dangerous for westerners than Moscow or Saint Petersburg.

Brutalis
01-11-2006, 03:05 PM
Oh I KNOW that. MC is just... yeah. Mexico in general except for those hot tourist spring break spots are just dangerous for white Americans.

I went to Chihuahuah(sp) back when I was 15. Had some friends staying there as they were building a church there. I don't think I'll be making anymore trips to Mexico as our rented car was stolen and our friends house was broken into almost everday we were gone. We had to lock up our stuff in their own house. Pretty sad.

Brutalis
01-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Not to pass judgement on all of Mexico being like that. I apolygize. I just meant certain places. I shouldnt have said "Mexico" and generalized the whole country like that.

Sorries.

spurjur
01-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Mexico City is getting worse. It use to be very nice, but altogether it is bad. The air, the food, and the crime is getting worse. Rich people who live there need bodyguards to survive. Kipnapping is huge right now. The government there is corupt and isn't doing anything to address the poverty issues.

Brutalis
01-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Why don't they DO something?

I mean. Mexico City could easily get owned. Are they not concerned about the world changing around them?

tlongII
01-11-2006, 03:15 PM
I bought my girlfriend from Russia.

Brutalis
01-11-2006, 03:23 PM
She's also talking about wanting to goto Brazile.

Fuck.

Let's just get a her a ticket to Brazile, Iraq, then Pakistan, then Mexico City. Jesus freaking Christ.

SequSpur
01-11-2006, 03:26 PM
I bought my girlfriend from Russia.

:lol

I heard Holland has a bunch of queers that wear clogs, so watch your backhole if you go there... :spin

I personally would love to go to Russia, Italy, France, Europe or to my birthplace of England.....

If she has a chance to go for cheap... she might learn alot of history...

Slomo
01-11-2006, 03:43 PM
:lol

I heard Holland has a bunch of queers that wear clogs, so watch your backhole if you go there... :spin

Yeah but the clogs prevent them to sneak up on you! :rollin