PDA

View Full Version : Don't look now but and question about Bowen's calls

Rummpd
01-11-2006, 08:44 PM
1) Dallas getting hammered by the suddenly on fire NYK by 16 in NY near the end of the first half.

2) How many of you agree that at least one of Bowen's two calls on VC was dubious - on the first call VC fell forward at least a foot to me to get fouled?

Kori Ellis
01-11-2006, 08:46 PM
The first call was a good call.

The second call Bowen didn't touch VC but he shouldn't have been crowding him that much after he had just got called for a foul.

Bowen screwed up. I'm sure that Pop ripped him (and he ripped himself).

T Park
01-11-2006, 08:49 PM
the first was legit.

the second was bullshit.

And Im watching the Knicks Mavericks game too.

Find it weird, but the Knicks are intriguing to watch.

Mike Breem Kenny Smith BTW, is the best announcer color combo in the league next to Land and Elliott.

Too bad the Spurs couldn't have kept Dave Barnett, who I think is as good as Breem, and had him next to Elliott.

Obstructed_View
01-11-2006, 10:38 PM
the first was legit.

the second was bullshit.

And Im watching the Knicks Mavericks game too.

Find it weird, but the Knicks are intriguing to watch.

Mike Breem Kenny Smith BTW, is the best announcer color combo in the league next to Land and Elliott.

Too bad the Spurs couldn't have kept Dave Barnett, who I think is as good as Breem, and had him next to Elliott.
Barnett and Dietrich were greatness. Barnett and Elliott would be even better.

Mr. Body
01-12-2006, 12:50 AM
2. The Knicks were essentially two teams before their resurgence: young, untested, cheap hustling rookies and second year players, and expensive has-beens and never weres. David Lee, Frye, Nate Robinson, Ariza on one side, and Jerome James, Hardaway, and others on the other side.

One huge factor was getting through to Marbury and, in a lesser way, finding ways to get Crawford productive, since he can shoot any team into a victory (but his streakiness must be protected against, as well).

They still have too many players - I'd love to trade Q to Denver, since he's redundant and not terribly effective in any way - but they seem to be turning the corner. The young, hungry players I thought were always going to do it. The question was Marbury.

T Park
01-12-2006, 01:07 AM
Barnett and Dietrich were greatness. Barnett and Elliott would be even better.

Barnett and Dietrich was greatness.

Dietrich wasnt great, but Ill tell you what, if someone like Paul Pressy was stinking the joint up, dude would come out and say "Pressy needs to sit down cause hes not bringing ANYTHING to the table right now"

Barnett is easily the best play by play guy the Spurs have ever employed, PERIOD.

Barnett and Elliott, would be absolute gold.

T Park
01-12-2006, 01:09 AM
call me crazy,

but I like David Lee.

He shows signs of being a pretty damn good player.

Seeing Malik in street clothes because of an inactive CD was painfull.

Trainwreck2100
01-12-2006, 01:12 AM
I like Dick Stockton more than land. Sure his age is starting to show, but he's still pretty good.

T Park
01-12-2006, 01:13 AM
Stockton is a stuttering MANO mess.

DarkReign
01-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Commenting on announcers, Detroit's announcers suck.

I like George Blaha (sp?) and Bill Lambeer. Bill is 80% of the time unbiased. George, not so much.

But the FOX team is HOMERISH! Its annoying that every call isnt a foul, and every turnover was a foul. Gets old, imo.