PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Pistons:The Accidental Champs

milkyway21
01-11-2006, 10:26 PM
if not for that Derek Fisher last sec shot, the Spurs could have faced the Pistons and a healthy Tim Duncan could have kicked-butt the 2004 Detroit team into pieces.

if not Malone have not injured himself, the Lakers, which IS a better team than the 2004 Detroit Pistons team could have not hold that LOB trophy until the 2 Wallaces retires.

..and Detroit Pistons fans are not so arrogant to call themselves way better than the Spurs, when they just lost the 2005 Finals with the captain Tim Duncan playing with 2 bumped ankles and all.

to sum it all, i say that the 2004 & 2005 Detroit Pistons team is just what I called the accidental Champs.

Bite me:lol (if u can)

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/nba/img8550130.jpg

P.S.
good luck Detroit. Just one piece of advise pls. CONSOLE your players if they lose the game. Meet them at the airport. I heard NOBODY gave a damn about them when they lost to San Antonio in the finals. How cruel!

Pistons < Spurs
01-11-2006, 10:28 PM
:rolleyes

The Captain
01-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Post of the year material.

Kori Ellis
01-11-2006, 10:32 PM
:lmao

Dre_7
01-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Milky, BS. You never know who would have won in 2004. Niether team's fans can say they would have won. All you are doing is disrespecting one of the best teams in the NBA.

FreshPrince22
01-11-2006, 10:36 PM
:drunk

milkyway21
01-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Milky, BS. You never know who would have won in 2004. Niether team's fans can say they would have won. All you are doing is disrespecting one of the best teams in the NBA.come on, I'm tring to loose some goosebumps here :lol

hey it's MY opinion. the 2004 Spurs are way better than the 2004 Pistons, and nobody can change than.

i said it before, i'll say it over & over again...

:lol

Vinnie_Johnson
01-11-2006, 10:39 PM
if not for that Derek Fisher last sec shot, the Spurs could have faced the Pistons and a healthy Tim Duncan could have kicked-butt the 2004 Detroit team into pieces.

if not Malone have not injured himself, the Lakers, which IS a better team than the 2004 Detroit Pistons team could have not hold that LOB trophy until the 2 Wallaces retires.

..and Detroit Pistons fans are not so arrogant to call themselves way better than the Spurs, when they just lost the 2005 Finals with the captain Tim Duncan playing with 2 bumped ankles and all.

to sum it all, i say that the 2004 & 2005 Detroit Pistons team is just what I called the accidental Champs.

P.S.
good luck Detroit. Just one piece of advise pls. CONSOLE your players if they lose the game. Meet them at the airport. I heard NOBODY gave a damn about them when they lost to San Antonio in the finals. How cruel!

Nice you you to bring down all the good Spurs fans to your level :lol
:depressed :depressed :lol :lol :lol :lol

JamStone
01-11-2006, 10:44 PM
milkyway,

Gago ka talaga. Di ba iyong Fisher shot sa conference SEMI-FINALS? Paano last year iyong injury ni Joe Johnson? Paano sa 2003 iyong injury ni Dirk Nowitzki?

"Accidental" ba iyon din?

doldrums
01-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Look at every Pistons loss this year and count their technicals. They can't lose without crying.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-11-2006, 10:48 PM
Look at every Pistons loss this year and count their technicals. They can't lose without crying.

That's called fire they don't like to lose.

THE X-FACTOR
01-11-2006, 10:48 PM
milkyway21 = :idiot

ShoogarBear
01-11-2006, 10:51 PM
It's a joke, peeps: http://i.tsn.com/voices/sean_deveney/20030616.html

Jamtas#2
01-11-2006, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE=milkyway21] if not for that Derek Fisher last sec shot, the Spurs could have faced the Pistons and a healthy Tim Duncan could have kicked-butt the 2004 Detroit team into pieces.

[QUOTE]

I remember what my high school coach told us once when a player on another team hit a questionable last second shot to win the game and we lost-
"Guys, it isn't the ref's fault that they allowed the shot to go off, and it isn't just a fluke that the guy hit that shot. We lost because we allowed ourselves to be in a situation where the game was that close that the other guy could win it. Build a bigger lead and you prove that you were the better team next time and that won't happen."

Lakers won the series that year, not just one fluke shot and a game. Detroit beat the lakers in the next series. Detroit was the best team in the NBA in 2004 and were the champs. But, we had a great shot to win that year. We just didn't play like the best team.

Obstructed_View
01-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Troll-baiter. :)

FreshPrince22
01-11-2006, 11:19 PM

And if not for an Horry last sec shot the Pistons would have beaten the Spurs in 6 games in 2005, so if iffity if if if.

"ifs" don't hang banners in the rafters.

And your "if" is a much bigger reach than mine.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-11-2006, 11:26 PM
i dont think milkway was serious

and by the way even if we had won game 5 it wouldn't have surprised me if we lost in 7 to the lakers anyway. they would've continued packing the lane and all the spurs would continue missing from the outside. we could've at least won game 6 to make up for game 5 but choked in the second half along with the entire series

T Park
01-11-2006, 11:27 PM
read the sean deveny piece.

Its a joke.

Take one once ina while Piston fan.

Seeing as you had no problem coming in here christmas day gloating.

admack
01-11-2006, 11:30 PM

P.S.

If it wasnt for that lucky last second turn-around three pointer by Tim Duncan, then that last second shot by Fisher wouldnt have been needed anyway.

Also what makes you think the Spurs could beat a team that almost swept the team that took the Spurs to the last seconds of a 7 game series anyway?
stay off the pipe!
:hat :hat :hat :hat :hat

JamStone
01-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Why not post a link of that Deveny article WITH the initial post. Unless you had read the article beforehand, you don't know if it's a joke or not. Even a few Spurs fans didn't know it was a joke if you read the earlier posts. And, then milky even said it was his opinion, not a joke.

Kori Ellis
01-11-2006, 11:54 PM
I don't think Milky was joking.

But I do think it's funny because it's so utterly ridiculous.

T Park
01-11-2006, 11:58 PM
I thought it was funny because....

I cant stand Eminem and seeing him in absolute agony over Robert Horry's shot after his stupid ass calling time outs in game 4 was pretty nice.

Leetonidas
01-12-2006, 12:02 AM
If it wasnt for that lucky last second turn-around three pointer by Tim Duncan, then that last second shot by Fisher wouldnt have been needed anyway.

If it was a three pointer, Fisher's shot would've sent it to overtime. :rolleyes

leemajors
01-12-2006, 12:11 AM
i think it's more of a reaction to the ex-artest factor x factor.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-12-2006, 12:19 AM
... the Lakers, which IS a better team than the 2004 San Antonio Spurs team...

-Fixed

BTW, what's a bumped ankle?? :huh

angel_luv
01-12-2006, 12:21 AM
That's messed up!

milkyway21
01-12-2006, 12:25 AM
I don't think Milky was joking.

But I do think it's funny because it's so utterly ridiculous.yes & NO:lol.

but seeing your name posting on this thread i was a little bit scared, i thought you're going to ban me from this forum. Thanks God, you didn't.

But I'm tired of some Detroit fans. who cares about respecting other teams hwne they are also disrespecting the Spurs? :D

nevertheless, ridiculous or not i stand by my opinion, the 2004 Spurs are BETTER than the 2004 Detroit Champs. And this thread served my purpose :it awakens the entire Detroit fans, taking shots :shootme at me, even the GOOD Spurs fans, who are not like me.

Good luck guys! :lol

Trainwreck2100
01-12-2006, 12:27 AM
... the Lakers, which IS a better team than the 2004 San Antonio Spurs team...

-Fixed

Actually if you fixed it, it shoud say were

01-12-2006, 12:29 AM
Actually if you fixed it, it shoud say were

Too much to fix, too little time...

T Park
01-12-2006, 12:30 AM
the 2004 Spurs are BETTER than the 2004 Detroit Champs

nooo wayyyyy

01-12-2006, 12:33 AM
nooo wayyyyy

That would of been a helluva lot of fun to watch...

milkyway21
01-12-2006, 12:34 AM
milkyway,

Gago ka talaga. Di ba iyong Fisher shot sa conference SEMI-FINALS? Paano last year iyong injury ni Joe Johnson? Paano sa 2003 iyong injury ni Dirk Nowitzki?

Gago ka talaga...hmmnn :lol
hey kababayan, you are the perfect example of respectful Detroit fan.

Dirk Nowitski-the Mavs were down by a lot of pts vs the Spurs when Dirk went down and injured, what made you say that he could bring his team to the Finals if he didn't?

Joe Johnson-played the rest of the games and STILL they lost. BTW, is Atlanta on the roll right now that JoJo is the leading man?

Beat it!

T Park
01-12-2006, 01:11 AM
That would of been a helluva lot of fun to watch...

No it wouldn't have lol.

No, its just, soo up in the air, I mean, there are so many factors to consider.

How they matched up.

How Turkoglu wouldve played.

Parker plays decent D, so how he and Billups wouldve gone at each other.

Its so uknown, its why I dont even entertain it.

Obstructed_View
01-12-2006, 01:33 AM
Spurs weren't a better team than the Lakers. Hedo was given every opportunity, but in the end he couldn't help tripping on his tampon string. Fisher's shot had very little to do with it. The Spurs were more than capable of winning that series. They didn't. End of story.

Nephets
01-12-2006, 01:47 AM
If Fisher's shot were in a game 7, I would agree that we were better than them, but it wasn't.

Josh810
01-12-2006, 02:11 AM
I thought it was funny because....

I cant stand Eminem and seeing him in absolute agony over Robert Horry's shot after his stupid ass calling time outs in game 4 was pretty nice.
Did they actually ever show him again after Horry's shot? Cause if they did, I want that crap on DVD or something. :lol

caŽlo
01-12-2006, 03:50 AM
milkyway,

haha natawa ako dito!! madami din palang pinoy dito :)

jamstone. baka mayari tayong mga pinoys dahil sa post ni milkway. hehe

kidding milky :)

himat
01-12-2006, 07:07 AM
fine if you wan to call fishers shot lucky then you have to call duncans shot lucky.

himat
01-12-2006, 07:09 AM
yes & NO:lol.

but seeing your name posting on this thread i was a little bit scared, i thought you're going to ban me from this forum. Thanks God, you didn't.

But I'm tired of some Detroit fans. who cares about respecting other teams hwne they are also disrespecting the Spurs? :D

nevertheless, ridiculous or not i stand by my opinion, the 2004 Spurs are BETTER than the 2004 Detroit Champs. And this thread served my purpose :it awakens the entire Detroit fans, taking shots :shootme at me, even the GOOD Spurs fans, who are not like me.

Good luck guys! :lol

see you're thread here is taking shots at the detroit team right now. don't turn this around to us.

MajicMan
01-12-2006, 07:58 AM

P.S.

See thread: Are Spurs fans annoying? http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32381

DarkReign
01-12-2006, 09:16 AM
Jeeeez, quit being so defensive.

You are on a Spurs board. Im amazed to truthfully say that 90% of the people here are rational people. They give respect not only to the Pistons, but to other good teams and good players. They just (correctly) pull for their home team, the Spurs.

Which, in case you havent noticed, is a pretty damn good team too.

Cant wait for tonight. Let the smack-talk begin!

HULKAROCK
01-12-2006, 09:35 AM
Hopefully the Chump Spurs can make it at least enjoyable this time around tonight. Christmas Day was just a preview of how the Pistons will dominate the playoffs this year. We're all just hoping here in Michigan that the Spurs make it back into the Finals. We'd hate to take the title back without having the chance to embarass Duncan and the rest of the "lucky" Spurs team. We will have home court and we will bring the title back. You can bet all your cow chips on that one.. Good luck tonight.. And, sorry about Mr Big Shot in advance.. He's the best in the league, as you know.

FeelTheMadness
01-12-2006, 10:34 AM
The title of this thread shows how little you know about basketball. To call the Pistons an accident on any level is ignorance. I can't wait for them to wipe the floor with your sorry ass spurs tonight.

Fear the fro bitches! :fro

Rummpd
01-12-2006, 11:12 AM
This line of reasoning has been around a long time and to their credit though the Pistons won that title, played the Spurs very tough last year and remain a formidable opponent.

However, for any Piston fan to claim dominance over the Spurs right now is inane as they Spurs played without Manu and more importantly, always seem to find that 2nd half of the season gear.

Tonight could go either way, it will be an interesting game between a couple of good teams.

HULKAROCK
01-12-2006, 11:28 AM
The title of this thread shows how little you know about basketball. To call the Pistons an accident on any level is ignorance. I can't wait for them to wipe the floor with your sorry ass spurs tonight.

They already fear the Fro. In fact they're terrified of it after the December beating they received. The fro isn't what they have to be afraid of though.
Stones are the best team in the NBA. They are destroying the teams they play. Did the Spurs ever get rid of that gay announcer they have? How weak and how non-exciting that arena is.. Oh well. We'll have our Championship back soon enough. Where it belongs.

George Gervin's Afro
01-12-2006, 11:30 AM
I have to disagree wit the 'accidental champs' notion because Detroit was the best team in the NBA that year.

George Gervin's Afro
01-12-2006, 11:32 AM
They already fear the Fro. In fact they're terrified of it after the December beating they received. The fro isn't what they have to be afraid of though.
Stones are the best team in the NBA. They are destroying the teams they play. Did the Spurs ever get rid of that gay announcer they have? How weak and how non-exciting that arena is.. Oh well. We'll have our Championship back soon enough. Where it belongs.

insulting our anouncer? destroying teams? fyi.. look to see who is number two in point differential..( I'll give you a hint they will play the pistons tonight).. our arena was pretty excited when the spurs made those silly championship belts obsolete..

Rummpd
01-12-2006, 11:40 AM
The Pistons are a very good team and it is no accident they have won a championship (that year they set some records for holding teams in the 60s).

I believe they would have matched up well with either the LAL even with Malone or the Spurs in their championship year. They won = no excuses = that is the NBA, the world is filled with "accidental should of been/would of been crybabies" = go to a Kings or Mavs web site!

In fact, a case could be made that that team was more dominant than this years Pistons squad, at least in the way they could shut down teams in a stunning fashion - at times that year it was simply unreal, sort of like the Spurs in their title years, especially when they had a vigourous Robinson on rare occasions also sharing the paint).

Both the Spurs and the Pistons are great teams, great champions, great organizations = case closed.

It would be a privelege to see these to very qualified teams square off again in the finals and in the next five years I expect both teams to win at least one championship each, although I personally believe the Spurs will win more.

FromWayDowntown
01-12-2006, 11:47 AM
I have to disagree wit the 'accidental champs' notion because Detroit was the best team in the NBA that year.

I think it's laughable to call any NBA champion an "accidental" champion. Teams don't win the 16 games unless they're good enough to do so. Deveney's shot at the Spurs in 2003 was unwarranted, and that guy could never take the heat for his position -- I recall that he hung up on a local talk show that pressed him to explain his position.

I think what's regrettable about 2004 is that had the Spurs not been derailed by Fisher's shot, there's a really good chance that we'd be looking at the 3rd straight year of Spurs/Pistons in the Finals and the development of some type of all-time rivalry (along the lines of Lakers/Celtics in the 60's or the 80's). That would have been awesome.

I also think it's unfortunate that some fans can't take a cue from these teams. The teams have tremendous respect for each other; most fans have tremendous respect for the other team (i.e., Spurs fans for the Pistons); and in general the rivalry between fans has been one of the best I've participated in, because it has been intense but respectful. These are both great teams and we're all very fortunate to have the opportunity to watch them play some great games.

boutons_
01-12-2006, 12:00 PM
"about 2004 is that had the Spurs not been derailed by Fisher's shot"

Champions just don't get derailed. They pick themselves up, square up against a 2-3 playoff deficit, and go stomp ass in Game6 and Game7. The 04 Spurs had all the talent but not the heart/coaching to be Champions.

angel_luv
01-12-2006, 12:24 PM
I can't wait for them to wipe the floor with your sorry ass spurs tonight.

Hey!!!!!!! I take offense to that. It's Fear the Sho!

:lmao

PistonsNation
01-12-2006, 12:25 PM
If if if if ...if the Pistons would have swept the Spurs they would have went undefeated in the 2005 NBA Finals. If the Spurs would have missed the playoffs they would have never been in the finals. If your parents would have used protection...

Ifs are no good as a basis for your thread.

Can you deal with that??? - Ben Stiller , Meet the Parents

SAtown
01-12-2006, 12:47 PM
I agree. Excellent post.

Trapt1307
01-12-2006, 01:09 PM
No way. The Pistons were better in 2004 than they were in 2005, and they were half a quarter away from beating a Spurs team that was better than they were in 2004. And I still think the Spurs won the Championship last year when they had a better regular season record than the Pistons and earned home court advantage in the Finals. Because I really don't see how the Spurs could have possibly beat the Pistons in game 7 in Auburn Hills. There's no way they could have come back from a 10 point 2nd half deficit like they did at home in game 7 if they were on the road IMO.

Anyways, the diffences from 2004 to 2005 for the Pistons are pretty substancial. The main thing is the 2004 bench was a lot deeper than the 2005 bench. In the 04' Finals they had Mike James, Mehmet Okur, Corliss Williamson, Elden Campbell and Lindsey Hunter all getting regullar minutes. In the 05' Finals, the only players that really got regular minutes off the bench were Hunter and Mcdyess. Arroyo's Finals minutes were extremely limited, and Campbell hardley played after the Shaq series. They were also dealing with the cancer that is Larry Brown durring the 05' Finals, while he was hungary and focused ONLY on the Pistons in 2004.

For the Spurs, well in 2004 they had no Nazr, no Barry, Ginobili wasn't nearly the player he emerged as in 2005, and most importantly, Rasho was starting for the Spurs. Nazr played a big role for the Spurs beating the Pistons in 2005. Rasho would have been eaten alive by the Wallaces.

The Pistons would win the 2004 Championship over the Spurs in 6 games tops.

Trainwreck2100
01-12-2006, 01:16 PM
The 04 Spurs had all the talent but not the heart/coaching to be Champions.

Don't forget we also had Hedo.

:pctoss

boutons_
01-12-2006, 01:59 PM
"Don't forget we also had Hedo."

Hedo's shooting was no worse than Brent's and Michael's.
All 3 of them shot/shoot worse as Spurs vs when on other teams.

Michael's career playoff stats go down vs his season stats, not up.

There's no way Hedo, or anybody, should be singled out for the 04 playoff fiasco.

SoundTheToll
01-12-2006, 02:03 PM
You know what's really funny? Some Spurs fans who say that if Fisher missed the shot then they would have won, when if Robert Horry doesn't hit his shot would the Spurs have won last year?

Just some food for thought. ;)

SoundTheToll
01-12-2006, 02:06 PM
However, for any Piston fan to claim dominance over the Spurs right now is inane as they Spurs played without Manu and more importantly, always seem to find that 2nd half of the season gear.

In the same respect, the Pistons have also been a second-half season team in the recent years. Hell, last year the Pistons were 16-16, or something like that, at one point.

WayDowntownBang
01-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Since we're using every cliche in the book, let's use one more.

"That's why they play the games".

Tonight is going to be another game between the two teams in the NBA that are HEADS and SHOULDERS above everyone else. The last 8 meetings? 4-4. The last series? Went 7 games, and was tied with 4 minutes left to go.

The Pistons were the better team two years ago, and have rings to prove it.
The Spurs were the better team last year, and have rings to prove it.

Rubber match is going to happen this year. The reason the Spurs/Pistons games are so damn important this year is that it'll decide home court advantage in the Finals. Is it fair to say that history may have been different if the Pistons had home court in Game 7 last year?

I can't wait wait for tonight's game.

And yes, it's good to come back on this board once in a while and shoot the shit with a bunch of SOLID Spurs posters.. and a few not-so-solid ones.

sprrs
01-12-2006, 03:01 PM
You know what's really funny? Some Spurs fans who say that if Fisher missed the shot then they would have won, when if Robert Horry doesn't hit his shot would the Spurs have won last year?

Dually noted. I think it's generally accepted that had Robert Horry just flat out didn't play in game 5 we would not hold the trophy this year.

Trainwreck2100
01-12-2006, 03:08 PM

There are a couple of differences, that shot was caught turned around and thrown in .4 secs. Horry had time to get the ball set his feet and shoot (thank you sheed) a shot he has made his entire career`

SoundTheToll
01-12-2006, 03:17 PM
There are a couple of differences, that shot was caught turned around and thrown in .4 secs. Horry had time to get the ball set his feet and shoot (thank you sheed) a shot he has made his entire career`

No argument here on that. Although, I do say that I knew he would hit that shot when it touched his hands. Hell, during the whole timeout I was repeating "No threes, especially from Horry."

So, between the two shots, I guess the leveling factor is that Sheed just really fouled up on that play, and if he hadn't, who knows. Probably would've went to overtime.

abelle23
01-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Dually noted. I think it's generally accepted that had Robert Horry just flat out didn't play in game 5 we would not hold the trophy this year.

i think if we lost game five because horry did not make the shot...spurs wouldve won it in game 6!! spurs will still be the champions!

JamStone
01-12-2006, 03:46 PM
i think if we lost game five because horry did not make the shot...spurs wouldve won it in game 6!! spurs will still be the champions!

Only the Spurs would have been down 3-2 after game five and had the Spurs won game 6, it would have tied the series 3-3. So, if the Spurs lost game five, they technically could not have won it in game 6. But, I assume you mean that the Spurs would have won both games 6 and 7. Just clarifying that ...

SA Gunslinger
01-12-2006, 03:54 PM
:rollin

I would just like to say that the mods on this board are less fascist than any other messageboard on the www if you take into account the amount of traffic and the type of people who post here. Spurstalk rulz.

ShoogarBear
01-12-2006, 04:09 PM
And yes, it's good to come back on this board once in a while and shoot the shit with a bunch of SOLID Spurs posters.. and a few not-so-solid ones.

There's only one Solid one.

1Parker1
01-12-2006, 04:17 PM
There's only one Solid one.

What's with all the puns lately? :)

Leetonidas
01-12-2006, 04:48 PM

No, that .4 shot was a big load of bullshit. I even saw a thread here where someone had frames from the TV and the clock was indeed started late. I could live with a 1 second miracle, but not some .4 late clock bullshit. That's what the big deal was. Yeah Tim made an amazing shot, but there was more than .4 on the clock when he did it.

Kori Ellis
01-12-2006, 04:51 PM
The .4 is the most ridiculous thing to keep talking about. After it happened, I was pissed too .. but I went to WOAI TV and broke down the tape frame by frame myself .. it was just a tad over .4 ... not even to .5. And you have to allow for reaction time that it takes to push the timer to start the clock.

The bottom line is that the Spurs should have never been in that spot. They played like crap for a lot of the game .. and even if the Spurs won that game - they could have easily still lost the series.

People speculating about woulda, coulda, shoulda's in sports is lame IMO. It's just like when you play fantasy football and lose by a few points and then you justify it by saying "Well if I would have started Matt Hasselbeck instead of Carson Palmer."

Well you didn't -- move on.

himat
01-12-2006, 05:05 PM
The Pistons are a very good team and it is no accident they have won a championship (that year they set some records for holding teams in the 60s).

I believe they would have matched up well with either the LAL even with Malone or the Spurs in their championship year. They won = no excuses = that is the NBA, the world is filled with "accidental should of been/would of been crybabies" = go to a Kings or Mavs web site!

In fact, a case could be made that that team was more dominant than this years Pistons squad, at least in the way they could shut down teams in a stunning fashion - at times that year it was simply unreal, sort of like the Spurs in their title years, especially when they had a vigourous Robinson on rare occasions also sharing the paint).

Both the Spurs and the Pistons are great teams, great champions, great organizations = case closed.

It would be a privelege to see these to very qualified teams square off again in the finals and in the next five years I expect both teams to win at least one championship each, although I personally believe the Spurs will win more.

thank you man, i think this will be a kind of rivalry remembered for ages kind of like the celtics-lakers, there will be huge battles that go down to the last minute.

Mixability
01-12-2006, 05:10 PM
thank you man, i think this will be a kind of rivalry remembered for ages kind of like the celtics-lakers, there will be huge battles that go down to the last minute.

:tu

I'm happy as long as the "beloved" Lakers and Heat matchup never happens in the Finals. Eat shit Stern! :lol

polandprzem
01-12-2006, 05:12 PM
The .4 is the most ridiculous thing to keep talking about. After it happened, I was pissed too .. but I went to WOAI TV and broke down the tape frame by frame myself .. it was just a tad over .4 ... not even to .5. And you have to allow for reaction time that it takes to push the timer to start the clock.

Weren't youn saing it was 0.8 - 0.9? plus pushing the timer it would do it.(?)

BTW. - you all talking Detroit this, Detroit that..... What the hell is detroit?!

bdubya
01-12-2006, 05:19 PM
What the hell is detroit?!

If you really want to know, tune in TNT tonight, sit down, and learn. It'll be a painful lesson, but worthwhile...crack a Zywiec to ease the pain if you need to.

ShoogarBear
01-12-2006, 05:55 PM
What's with all the puns lately? :)

Just call me Johnny Pun Lately.

polandprzem
01-12-2006, 06:50 PM
If you really want to know, tune in TNT tonight, sit down, and learn. It'll be a painful lesson, but worthwhile...crack a Zywiec to ease the pain if you need to.
Whre did you get the inforacion about me likeing Zywiec from?
This is my top2 polish beer.
But hey _ i don't have TNT :( :pctoss

MajicMan
01-12-2006, 11:56 PM
bump..ehm ehm Pistons sweep season series ehm ehm

bdubya
01-13-2006, 02:05 AM
Whre did you get the inforacion about me likeing Zywiec from?
This is my top2 polish beer.
But hey _ i don't have TNT :( :pctoss

Sorry 'bout that, then. The lesson is that _currently_ ( i.e. early in the season) detroit is the one NBA team that is playing better than the Spurs.

As for the beer, it was a lucky guess. I like the OK a little better, but the Zywiec is damn good beer.