PDA

View Full Version : Did the Belt become a curse?

Solid D
01-11-2006, 11:26 PM
http://www.dreamsawake.com/sheed.jpg

The Pistons created a belt, a new special award for themselves in 2004 as a show of self-gloss. The Pistons did not repeat as champions.

Coincidence or curse?

Will they spend their lifetimes wishing they had just left it up to others to give them an award?

For that, they receive the "kluby" award...which may be the last award they ever receive.

http://www.fullsportpress.com/backpatternew.gif

Vinnie_Johnson
01-11-2006, 11:32 PM
http://www.dreamsawake.com/sheed.jpg

The Pistons created a belt, a new special award for themselves in 2004 as a show of self-gloss. The Pistons did not repeat as champions.

Coincidence or curse?

Will they spend their lifetimes wishing they had just left it up to others to give them an award?

For that, they receive the "kluby" award...which may be the last award they ever receive.

http://www.fullsportpress.com/backpatternew.gif

That was no curse they lost in Seven to the Spurs end of story. This is a new year we will see. :smokin

T Park
01-11-2006, 11:35 PM
That was no curse they lost in Seven to the Spurs

They didn't repeat.

Therefore not winning.

Therefore 0-1 with the belts.

The belts is the biggest, childish, most self apreciative thing ive ever seen done.

Kori Ellis
01-11-2006, 11:37 PM
:(
I thought the belts were cool. They wouldn't have been good for the Spurs, but I thought they were cool for the Pistons.

JamStone
They didn't repeat.

Therefore not winning.

Therefore 0-1 with the belts.

The belts is the biggest, childish, most self apreciative thing ive ever seen done.

you most be a lonely, lonely person.

Solid D
:(
I thought the belts were cool. They wouldn't have been good for the Spurs, but I thought they were cool for the Pistons.

Party pooper.

anyway, as we were saying. :lol

ShoogarBear
01-11-2006, 11:39 PM
The Spurs should have had championship bow ties.

T Park
01-11-2006, 11:43 PM
you most be a lonely, lonely person.

you take outlandish outlandish leaps dontcha...

JamStone
01-11-2006, 11:54 PM
Perhaps ... kind of like the outlandish leap: "The belts is the biggest, childish, most self apreciative thing ive ever seen done."

The BIGGEST, CHILDISH, MOST SELF APPRECIATIVE THING I'VE EVER SEEN DONE.

Ever see an NBA basketball player shave "TRU WARRIOR" in his head before? How about a professional football player doing sit-ups on his driveway for ESPN? Ever watch the movie SHAZAAM?

But, the belts are the most childish, self appreciative thing you've ever seen. Ok.

A hyperbole for a hyperbole. Call it what you will, T Park.

T Park
01-11-2006, 11:56 PM
How about a professional football player doing sit-ups on his driveway for ESPN?

Thats called Bi Polar.

Ever watch the movie SHAZAAM?

Thats called, "They want to pay me how much to do a movie?"

Making wrestling belts??

Good lord, how old are they, really......

FreshPrince22
01-11-2006, 11:57 PM
No, it was the NBA 2K5 cover for Ben Wallace. Why do you think the heat are tanking it this year (semi-joking)?

T Park
01-11-2006, 11:59 PM
The Spurs should have had championship bow ties.

Championship BO LO ties.

Come on man, get wit it.

No, it was the NBA 2K5 cover for Ben Wallace. Why do you think the heat are tanking it this year (semi-joking)?

Ahhhh, the Madden curse but not really, but the same.

Makes sense..... :)

FreshPrince22
01-12-2006, 12:00 AM

:rolleyes That sentance wreaks of being a pure hater. Most general NBA fans thought it was very cool of Rasheed to suprise his teammates with those belts. Why do you think the Pistons chemistry is so good? Because of things like that.

T Park
01-12-2006, 12:02 AM
That sentance wreaks of being a pure hater

Oooo i dont like Rasheed Wallace. What a horrible thing.

ShoogarBear
01-12-2006, 12:03 AM
Why do you think the Pistons chemistry is so good?Sheed's connections?

T Park
01-12-2006, 12:06 AM
Sheed's good buddies with Stoudamire.

GREAT hook ups with the wacky green stuff I hear.

Gets it in wrapped foil that looks like a swan.

leemajors
01-12-2006, 12:12 AM
Perhaps ... kind of like the outlandish leap: "The belts is the biggest, childish, most self apreciative thing ive ever seen done."

The BIGGEST, CHILDISH, MOST SELF APPRECIATIVE THING I'VE EVER SEEN DONE.

Ever see an NBA basketball player shave "TRU WARRIOR" in his head before? How about a professional football player doing sit-ups on his driveway for ESPN? Ever watch the movie SHAZAAM?

But, the belts are the most childish, self appreciative thing you've ever seen. Ok.

A hyperbole for a hyperbole. Call it what you will, T Park.

you know, you can diss shazaam all you want. but STEEL was the shit!!

T Park
01-12-2006, 12:14 AM
lmao

Rack for bringing back STEEL

I totally forgot about that B movie...

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-12-2006, 12:24 AM

Silly me, I thought you were talking about your backdown from that bet last June...

T Park
01-12-2006, 12:25 AM
hehe

I was wondering when someone would rehash that broken record.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-12-2006, 12:25 AM
hehe

I was wondering when someone would rehash that broken record.

Well, first time from a Piston fan...

:spin

T Park
01-12-2006, 12:27 AM
Don't flatter yourself, your other pistons fans have taken a turn at beating that horse, back when there was a carcass.

baseline bum
01-12-2006, 02:44 AM
I thought the belts were cool, especially considering how much of an influence Detroit has had in boxing. It's really hard to find anything to dislike about the Pistons, other than the fact that I hate them since they're the Spurs toughest competition.

Man In Black
01-12-2006, 03:20 AM
Wasn't the movie actually called KAZAAM?

Shazam was DC Cominc book character whose strength rivaled Superman's.

admack
01-12-2006, 09:03 AM
Roscoe (Sheed's name for his belt) was good for Sheed, he took it to the parade and he says it still hanging on his wall.

The players all got rings but to be the first team with championship belts is priceless. I think at least one person here is jealous that Timmy didnt make team belts for the Spurs.

Slomo
01-12-2006, 09:08 AM
Wasn't the movie actually called KAZAAM?

Shazam was DC Cominc book character whose strength rivaled Superman's.Correct!

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Misc/kazaam.jpg

lilmads
01-12-2006, 11:38 AM
I hate the belts. It really made the pistons look full of themselves, which they are... :)

Oh, Gee!!
01-12-2006, 11:42 AM
How stupid? Don't the Pistons know that you don't need a belt to not repeat as Champions? The Spurs have done it twice without no stinkin' belt. Damn hip-hoppers.

boutons_
01-12-2006, 11:52 AM
The stupid belts are nothing but adolescent, ghetto/balla, tasteless posing.
Sorry for mentioning "taste" and "balla" in the same sentence. :)

Legitmate sports awards come from organizations recognized as competent judges for the sport, eg, the NBA championship ring.

Awarding a trophy to yourself, esp modelled on boxing/"wrestling" belts, is meaningless, valueles, and stupid bling beyond belief. But that's balla hip-hop ethics for ya. :)

ShoogarBear
01-12-2006, 11:56 AM
But that's balla hip-hop ethics for ya. :)

Like you have demonstrated much in the way of ethics or taste?

boutons_
01-12-2006, 12:07 PM
I'm not a pimp or a whore,
not a gangsta,
not an ass-cap popper,
not a dealer/user,
not a bitch-slapper/waster,
not a self-abuser/perforator,
not a convict.

So I haven't demonstrated any hip-hop ethics. :)

HULKAROCK
01-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Roscoe (Sheed's name for his belt) was good for Sheed, he took it to the parade and he says it still hanging on his wall.

The players all got rings but to be the first team with championship belts is priceless. I think at least one person here is jealous that Timmy didnt make team belts for the Spurs.

Maybe the Spurs should have made team horse shoes.. Just like the Three Stooges, they could misplace them in the locker room on a shelf above the door. Tonight before the Pistons game they will be ready to leave the locker room when Duncan will bump the shelf, causing the horse shoes to fall one by one on his head, each with an associating ring tone. Bing, bong, ching, !
That's how I see it.

Trapt1307
01-12-2006, 01:18 PM
It's kind of funny that you are bad-mouthing the belts, because I'm sure if someone on the Spursl, like Duncan, would have come up with the idea and got all of his teamates belts, you all would thiink that they were sweet.

Oh, Gee!!
01-12-2006, 01:20 PM
That's stupid. TD never wears a belt.

Trapt1307
01-12-2006, 01:20 PM
That's not the point.

JamStone
01-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Championship t-shirts and caps are self appreciative too.

The Cougar
01-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Championship Belts=Hubris