PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports Spurs Grade

lilmads
01-12-2006, 11:19 AM
San Antonio — A-
The Spurs seem to be operating on cruise-control. Looks like Tim Duncan is picking his spots; Like Michael Finley has either flamed out or is pacing himselfl Like Robert Horry is also going through the motions; Like Nick Van Exel has either lost his explosiveness or is treading water until the home stretch; and like Fabrico Oberto is a media-fabricated washout. Otherwise, Tony Parker is proud of his new-fangled jumper. Rasho Nesterovic has returned to the land of the living, and Nazr Mohammed is back on the bench where he belongs. If only the Spurs' laissez-faire game and lack of a killer instinct would vanish once the money-season commences.

The rest are on this site: http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5229260

Yeah I think they deserve the A- and not the A. Simply because they are not all playin at their best. We've seen Duncan much better than this. Manu still has a bit to pick up after his injury. Tony's doing good enough.

boutons_
01-12-2006, 11:53 AM
Good call. Fox.

WGAF about the season? :)

Slo spurs fan
01-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Rasho Nesterovic has returned to the land of the living, and Nazr Mohammed is back on the bench where he belongs.

:smokin

Supergirl
01-12-2006, 01:50 PM
I think an A- is generous. I think they're playing B+ ball right now, but they're getting away with it, for the most part. They should kick it into high gear after the ASG, though.

1Parker1
01-12-2006, 01:57 PM
I think an A- is generous. I think they're playing B+ ball right now, but they're getting away with it, for the most part. They should kick it into high gear after the ASG, though.

True. I mean, losing the second of almost all your back to back games, against teams like the Hornets and Hawks is really not A- level. :lol

1Parker1
01-12-2006, 01:58 PM
But a thorough ass kicking of the Pistons tonight might earn them a higher grade :smokin

boutons_
01-12-2006, 02:01 PM
Losing to lottery shit and then beating the best team in the League would be typical Spurs inconsistency. :)

CubanMustGo
01-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Simple. The Spurs grade should be an incomplete, because they haven't put it all together yet. Maybe they won't, in which case a proper grade could be assigned later this year.

No way they deserve an A-, second-best record or not.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-12-2006, 04:29 PM
A- is VERY generous. i'd give them a B- at best. they havent done a damn thing all seasont so mw that they mean business. Hopefully after tonight they can prove me wrong :smokin

himat
01-12-2006, 04:32 PM
But a thorough ass kicking of the Pistons tonight might earn them a higher grade :smokin

it's going to be close. the christmas game detroit wanted way more both teams are very good, and want this game. and the pistons are very tough and can win big games on the road. i wonder how spur fans will react? there have been a lot of piston fans flying down from michigan to the away games. i saw a lot in la against the clippers, a lot in oklahoma against the hornets, and in other places.