PDA

View Full Version : Brokeback Jazz

ShoogarBear
01-12-2006, 02:24 PM
So Larry Miller, the Utah Jazz owner, is in the news because he pulled Brokeback Mountain from the theater he owns in the Salt Lake City area.

Wayne Besen, a syndicated writer, is now alleging that one of the Jazz players is gay.

Let the flapping begin . . . :blah

Link (http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2006-01-12/)

WayDowntownBang
01-12-2006, 02:28 PM
I wonder if he'd be getting the same flack from the press if he pulled "Star Wars" out of the theatre. So many damn people are so sensitive and will bitch about anything. Go watch the movie somewhere else.

sa_butta
01-12-2006, 02:32 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32422&highlight=brokeback

Kori Ellis
01-12-2006, 02:34 PM
So, who's gay?

Tobias
01-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Devin Brown?

JamStone
01-12-2006, 02:37 PM
I always thought that supermodel wife Memo Okur had was a cover-up ...

ChumpDumper
01-12-2006, 02:37 PM
http://www.waynebesen.com/2006/01/brokeback-locker-room.html

ShoogarBear
01-12-2006, 02:38 PM
I always thought that supermodel wife Memo Okur had was a cover-up ...

Yep.

Mike Piazza.
Jeff Garcia.

Supermodel/Playmate wife = gay. :lol

Trainwreck2100
01-12-2006, 02:40 PM
http://www.waynebesen.com/2006/01/brokeback-locker-room.html

So Malone was actually hunting little Mexican Boys???

Spurminator
01-12-2006, 02:41 PM
A few years ago, I had the privilege of meeting a gay professional basketball player for the Utah Jazz.

It was "a few years ago" so that includes the possibility of we-know-who...

http://i.cnn.net/si/2004/sioncampus/02/03/walton0205/p1_walton.jpg

Trainwreck2100
01-12-2006, 02:44 PM
So when he was throwing elbows, that was actually a cry for help, and him not being a total dick.

Slomo
01-12-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm afraid this forum might be the source of this rumour....

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Photoshop_madness/Drama_Queen.jpg

Marklar MM
01-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Personally, I think it is AK-47...guy has more hair-dos than who knows.

Trainwreck2100
01-12-2006, 03:22 PM

That's just cause he's European

tekdragon
01-12-2006, 03:58 PM
I gotta go with BishopRyan on this one. If true, it's gotta be one of those two...

Summers
01-12-2006, 04:11 PM

The writer said he was a "giant black man". And it's hard to tell, but I think he's saying the guy is still on the Jazz, so someone who's been there a few years. Anyway, my money's on Arenas being the first to be outed.

Phenomanul
01-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Boozer or AK47 its gotta be either one of them.

It's not AK-47, they showed an NBATV special on him with his wife and family and he definitely did not look 'gay' around his wife or son.

Actually, that show made me consider that 'AK' was Spurs material and that if we traded Luis Scola's rights along with Nazr and Barry for Kirilenko that the Spurs would be unstoppable....

Kirilenko is like a taller version of Ginobili.... he's clutch, has 3-pt range, is a good rebounder, good 1 on 1 and help defender (lots of steals and blocks), and can score in the paint.

hmmm I wonder if that deal would even be considered.

FreshPrince22
01-12-2006, 07:42 PM
It's not AK-47, they showed an NBATV special on him with his wife and family and he definitely did not look 'gay' around his wife or son.

Actually, that show made me consider that 'AK' was Spurs material and that if we traded Luis Scola's rights along with Nazr and Barry for Kirilenko that the Spurs would be unstoppable....

Kirilenko is like a taller version of Ginobili.... he's clutch, has 3-pt range, is a good rebounder, good 1 on 1 and help defender (lots of steals and blocks), and can score in the paint.

hmmm I wonder if that deal would even be considered.

Laugh my ass off!!! The Jazz are gonna give you their franchise player for an expiring contract (Nazr), a dude with a contract the is next to impossible to get out of in Europe (Scola), and a bad contract/old man scrub (Barry). :lol :lol :lol :lol

You'd have to throw Duncan or Ginobili in a deal to get AK. And I can gurantee they wouldn't do Ginobili for AK straight up. Spurs would have to throw in some more goodies for that one.

Horry For 3!
01-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Tall black man on the Utah Jazz = Jarron Collins

boutons_
01-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Blacks in Utah!
gays in Utah!

What's a good Mormon to do? :lol

PM5K
01-12-2006, 08:13 PM
I wonder if he'd be getting the same flack from the press if he pulled "Star Wars" out of the theatre. So many damn people are so sensitive and will bitch about anything. Go watch the movie somewhere else.

You get killed for that shit...

Phenomanul
01-13-2006, 09:25 AM
Laugh my ass off!!! The Jazz are gonna give you their franchise player for an expiring contract (Nazr), a dude with a contract the is next to impossible to get out of in Europe (Scola), and a bad contract/old man scrub (Barry). :lol :lol :lol :lol

You'd have to throw Duncan or Ginobili in a deal to get AK. And I can gurantee they wouldn't do Ginobili for AK straight up. Spurs would have to throw in some more goodies for that one.

You'd have to admit that Kirilenko is just what the Spurs would need (athletically speaking) to match Detroit's frontline... He might be a bit injury prone though....

Kirilenko killed you all at the Palace last week.

FreshPrince22
01-13-2006, 09:46 AM
You'd have to admit that Kirilenko is just what the Spurs would need (athletically speaking) to match Detroit's frontline... He might be a bit injury prone though....

Kirilenko killed you all at the Palace last week.

Yea, and the Pistons could use Lebron James. It doesn't mean we can trade our garbage to get him.

Phenomanul
01-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Nazr, Barry and Scola are talented players.... I don't believe they are garbage players....

JamStone
01-13-2006, 11:14 AM
Nazr, Barry and Scola for Kirilenko is the equivalent of ...

Jarron Collins, Matt Harpring, and a future second round draft pick for Manu Ginobili.

Phenomanul
01-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Nazr, Barry and Scola for Kirilenko is the equivalent of ...

Jarron Collins, Matt Harpring, and a future second round draft pick for Manu Ginobili.

Jarron Collins has never averaged 15 pts, 10 rebounds over a 20 game stretch ... (Nazr did... with New York.... he just happens to be in Pop's doghouse).

Matt Harpring is hurt.... Barry would only have hurt feelings but given an opportunity on a team like Utah, Brent would revert to his Seattle self (@ 45% from 3pt land, and 5 APG).

If Scola were available for this year's draft he would be a top 10 pick in the 1st round.....