PDA

View Full Version : Somebody explain this to me

Dre_7
01-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Rasho- 22 minutes

Nazr- 2 minutes

Last time Nazr started against these guys (or against anyone for that matter) SA won. Since then, Rasho has started and Det has owned the boards. Now I am not saying the Spurs are losing just because of that, but I mean, come on Pop. Where the hell is Nazr. Rasho is too damn slow for the Pistons.

SA needs to go back to last years playoff starting lineup soon! Maybe by the All-Star break.

Nazr
Tim
Bowen
Manu
Parker

PLEASE!!

Rummpd
01-12-2006, 10:29 PM
More importantly during the XMas game he was the best rebounder, this stinks.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-12-2006, 10:29 PM
Rasho looked like ass on Christmas day too, Nazr coincidentally came in that day and was our leading rebounder.

Maybe one day Pop will figure out that in physical games you need Nazr in there. Rasho hates getting physical in the lane.

Man In Black
01-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Get a clue, chances are with Nazr we'd be losing even worse. The black hole that is, won't be able to help you if his defense is bad.

This loss is moreso a result of inefficient offense from your MVP and a starting SG who gave you ZERO. Nazr ain't better than Rasho. While he may be more offensively minded, his defense sux. Reality!!!
He is a decent enough player, but seriousy, how many times have you seen a teammate call him out for a missed assignment, screen, block out? The fact that I can say at least 4 times at this juncture is indicative of how bad.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-12-2006, 10:34 PM
If Nazr's defense sucks so bad, how'd we win a ring? I could be wrong but I thought he started every game of the playoffs last year.

MannyIsGod
01-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Nazr played horrible defense in the first half while Rasho got rebounds and was very effective, yet pop pulled him.

The love affair with Robert Horry needs to come to an end. He doesn't rebound, and he's not playing very well at all at the moment. And the insertion of Oberto was ridiculous. Pop needs to play his big men much better. At this point you might as well give Marks a fucking shot.

Nikos
01-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Rasho's D certainly didn't make a shred of a difference tonight. I woulda went with Nazr, and even at his worst on D, he couldn't have been any less effective than Rasho.

E20
Nazr played horrible defense in the first half while Rasho got rebounds and was very effective, yet pop pulled him.

The love affair with Robert Horry needs to come to an end. He doesn't rebound, and he's not playing very well at all at the moment. And the insertion of Oberto was ridiculous. Pop needs to play his big men much better. At this point you might as well give Marks a fucking shot.
Nazr played 2 fucking mintues. No way in hell can somebody assess someons play in 2 fucking mintues.

2centsworth

agree with Horry, but give Nazr a chance just like everyone else.

2centsworth
01-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Nazr played 2 fucking mintues. No way in hell can somebody assess someons play in 2 fucking mintues.
that's right.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Horry isn't going to give you much when you ask him to go guard Ben Wallace.

That's about as fucking stupid a coaching move as asking Horry to guard Shaq.

Oh wait, same coach...

Put Horry on Rasheed on the outside, Rasho on in the inside vs. Ben. Idiot matchup decisions by Pop tonight.

MannyIsGod
01-12-2006, 10:38 PM
He played several possesions and was lost on each one. I wish I had game film to point it out to you, but he's completely lost on defense and that is the reason he sits!

Its pathetic that Rasho's slow unathletic ass is a better defender than Nazr. Nazr has all the tools but he can't put it together. The majority of defense in the paint is simply moving to the right spots at the right time and getting your hands up; especially when you're almost 7 feet tall. Nazr has severe problems with this and its been evident for his entire stint with the Spurs.

MannyIsGod
01-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Horry has never rebounded worth a damn. This game was won and lost on the glass.

Kori Ellis
01-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Nazr's not going to get playing time on this team. Whatever the reason, it's not happening. He is averaging less than 15 minutes a game and gets less than five minutes quite often. He's out of the rotation. Package him with Barry and get a player.

2centsworth
01-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Nazr's not going to get playing time on this team. Whatever the reason, it's not happening. He is averaging less than 15 minutes a game and gets less than five minutes quite often. He's out of the rotation. Package him with Barry and get a player.
How about package pop and put Nazr and Manu back in the starting lineup.

E20
He played several possesions and was lost on each one. I wish I had game film to point it out to you, but he's completely lost on defense and that is the reason he sits!

Its pathetic that Rasho's slow unathletic ass is a better defender than Nazr. Nazr has all the tools but he can't put it together. The majority of defense in the paint is simply moving to the right spots at the right time and getting your hands up; especially when you're almost 7 feet tall. Nazr has severe problems with this and its been evident for his entire stint with the Spurs.
He only played 2 mintues, by your logic, If anybody else fucked up the first 2 mintues of the game he needs to be sat down.

Man In Black
The man only played 2 minutes because that is all the coaching staff needed to know to see if his contributions would be effective.

BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF.

A-Black hole. Once the pass goes into the block with Nazr, it ain't coming out. That means better options 1 to 3 ain't touching the ball.

B-You guys have seen him miss his assignments. Plenty of times. You just go ga-ga over that 1 power dunk.

C-You'd think that after 1/2 a season plus the playoffs, and the time to now, that IF he was a better choice, he'd be starting by now. C'mon...this ain't rocket science.

Doc Jerome
01-12-2006, 10:46 PM
Simply put, this is not the same team that won the championship. I do not see the fire or the energy in this team. You can use all the excuses you want about Tim's foot and the team does not get serious until the playoffs; the fact of the matter is, Detroit came into San Antonio and put their foot on the Spur's collective necks. Now they (Detroit) have made the rest of the league believers, and I think they may have even made a few believers in San Antonio too.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-12-2006, 10:46 PM
Whatever the reason, it's not happening. He is averaging less than 15 minutes a game and gets less than five minutes quite often.

I think they're trying to drive down market to keep him for cheap next year.

The man only played 2 minutes because that is all the coaching staff needed to know to see if his contributions would be effective.

BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF.

Funny, the two minute stretch where the Spurs gave up 4 offensive rebounds in the fourth after cutting the lead to single digits was all on Rasho on the glass, yet he got to keep playing :rolleyes

George Gervin's Afro
01-12-2006, 10:48 PM

hey manny i am not sure anything pop does will make our bigs play better..can marks be any worse than rasho ' i can miss many shots at the rim, nesterovich'

Man In Black
01-12-2006, 10:51 PM
I said be honest with yourself.

All the Pistons on the court just used their footspeed and long limbs to get those possesions. I note how you penalize Rasho but don't talk the same way about Tim or Rob. The Bigs played all below par. Rasho does what he does so I don't expect for him to suddenly blow up and score 20-10. If you do, then you don't really know your team.

timvp
01-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Rasho freaking sucks.

Against bad teams he's decent. But out there against real NBA quality opponents -- I'd rather have Margo Diked or whatever her name is.

Kori Ellis
01-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Nazr played horrible defense in the first half while Rasho got rebounds

Rasho got rebounds??

He rebounded horribly tonight. If he got any, they were an accident.

Buddy Holly
01-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Horry has never rebounded worth a damn. This game was won and lost on the glass.

Bottomline.

Dre_7
01-12-2006, 11:02 PM
Nazr has gotten NO minutes this year. You cant say he sucks when he doesnt get enough time to play. Last time he got alot of minutes (2005 playoffs) he played good. Since then, his minutes have been few and far between. Not fair to him. Rasho gets all the minutes, yet has shown NOTHING. He does okay against okay teams, but gets killed against good teams. He is too soft and slow.

FREE NAZR!!

MannyIsGod
01-12-2006, 11:04 PM
I guess people see different things. Nazr was awesome in the WCF, but I remember him sucking huge balls in the Finals.

SouthernFried
01-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Nazr should be playing a lot more minutes. Ya, he does some stupid shit on Defense...but, he ain't gonna get any better not playing. Nazr is better than Rasho, you worked with Parker...work with fucking Nazr.

Personally, I think there is something else going on between Nazr and Pop.

Dre_7
01-12-2006, 11:11 PM
I guess people see different things. Nazr was awesome in the WCF, but I remember him sucking huge balls in the Finals.

I remember him outscoring and outrebounding BOTH the Wallaces COMBINED in the first two games. Also, he played well in game 3 and 5. Played very well in game 7 as well.

Nazr > Rasho

spur4life
01-12-2006, 11:16 PM
Rasho looked like ass on Christmas day too, Nazr coincidentally came in that day and was our leading rebounder.

Maybe one day Pop will figure out that in physical games you need Nazr in there. Rasho hates getting physical in the lane.

No, maybe one day, pop will play the better play instead of using sentiments to determine who plays & who stays in his dog house!

Man In Black
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
You cant say he sucks when he doesnt get enough time to play.
BE HONEST. We can say he sucks BECAUSE he doesn't get enough time to play.

Kori Ellis
01-13-2006, 01:27 AM
I remember him outscoring and outrebounding BOTH the Wallaces COMBINED in the first two games.

Bad memory.

TDMGTP
01-13-2006, 01:45 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you can recall on Xmas day vs detroit NAZR started the second half and he was extremely active 17 min 5-7FG 5 rebounds(2 on O) even 1ast and 10pts. POP is a dumbass for not giving Nazr a chance, I think he is really trying to lower his value so that the spurs could sign him after this season, otherwise nazr would be tearing it up but he would have to get paid this offseason.

I do agree his defense still needs work but he hasnt got much game experience, only way he is going learn is by putting him in actual games...THATS WHAT THE REG SEASON IS FOR TO EXPERIMENT AND IF HIS DEFENSE DIDNT KILL US LAST YR DURING THE PLAYOFFS(AGAINST PREMIER TEAMS I MIGHT ADD) WHO THE FUCK CARES HOW IT AFFECT US DURING THE REG SEASON AS LONG AS HE LEARNS CUZ WE KNOW HE IS A SLOW LEARNER BUT GIVE HIM A CHANCE.

WE WON A CHAMPIONSHIP WITH THIS MAN, HE EVEN CARRIED US AT TIMES I.E DENVER, WHY CHANGE IT OR GIVE UP ON HIM??????

he is twice the player rasho is, i remember during a playoff game against denver, nazr was at the top of the key near the free throw line and he had the ball parker curl around him and nazr gave a fake handoff QB style and took it for a monster dunk...rasho or any other center with the exception of shaq,n other all stars C would of never done that.

im really hoping the NAZZZ man gets some more mins.

Despot
01-13-2006, 01:47 AM
Seems to me that the missed time at training camp got under Pop's skin more than we thought.

Kori Ellis
01-13-2006, 01:54 AM
Seems to me that the missed time at training camp got under Pop's skin more than we thought.

Maybe there's even more to it than that. It's hard to tell. For whatever reason, it's obvious the coaching staff doesn't think he deserves playing time.

TDMVPDPOY
01-13-2006, 02:04 AM
Spurs not showin him, so it declines his value, if we lose this season, i be happy if nazr fings a better place to play, and he be another teams treasure and spurs loss. I dont really care cose we can always point the finger at spurs management.

Man In Black
01-13-2006, 02:38 AM
So you're saying that Pop and the Spurs are keeping Nazr tied to the bench, making Tim play longer minutes even though he has a foot injury, and hurting the Spurs even more so?

Wow, Holting pattern lives?

MI21
01-13-2006, 05:36 AM
For balance, the Spurs either need to bench Rasho or Bowen (especially if Manu is a benchie). Starting a game with both of them on the court at the same time places enormous pressure on Duncan, Parker, "Starting SG" to produce to much against a solid 5 man defensive unit. Now I sure as hell wouldn't bench Bowen, and anyone that would is a fool, so Rasho is the one who has to go to the bench.

Start Nazr, let him work through the defensive problems he has had this season and you will have yourself an above average center. His defense was fine in the playoffs, and his offensive rebounding which is actually useful (unlike Rasho's weak ass tips from 3ft that aren't close) would be a nice addition to the Spurs starting lineup.

Please, Pop. Rasho is fine against Charlotte or Orlando, but against Detroit he is practically useless.