PDA

View Full Version : Manu to start; Finley back on the bench

Tom_Foolery
01-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Did Finley really score a whopping 0pts tonight?

Alot of talk has been made about Manu coming back into the lineup and I heard them say that Pop is really anticipating it to happen. After tonight's lackluster effort and Finley's production, look for Finley to go back to the bench and Manu to start in the next game.

Duncan's foot must be hurting him, so I think that's another reason why we lost.

Rasho = 20 minutes(4pts, 3rbs, 1 block)...YIKES! That's a pretty good $6.7 Million well spent. We are stuck with Rasho. Nobody's going to take on that bloated contract. I honestly wouldn't pay Rasho more than the league minimum because Rasho is replaceable even by someone getting paid the league minimum.

Parker...0 assists?

This team has problems. They tried really hard to fight through it in the 4th, but they couldn't overcome it.

15pt loss in Detroit...and in San Antonio?

I remember the Suns having our number in the regular season last season, but Detroit is different: they are seasoned veterans who have won a championship, who are too experienced.

Spurs are in trouble unless they get Tim some help & his foot improves.

timvp
01-12-2006, 11:25 PM
There are a lot of threads on this subject ...... but it should be repeated. :lol

Manu not in the starting lineup is a joke. He's a top five player in when he has it going. Parker, Duncan, Rasho and Bowen were sleep walking today. The only people I saw trying to win were Manu and Nick The Not So Quick.

abelle23
01-13-2006, 02:29 PM
duncans a punk. parkers a punk jr. the rest of the team is old as dirt. fire pop trade the whole team execpt ginobili

:lol id love that!! :lol

ducks
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
I think spurs thought they could not beat the pistons last night because of the way they were playing
confidence does alot
hopefully they get hot late (spam and it carries in the postseason)

vincerodriguez23
01-13-2006, 03:03 PM
duncans a punk. parkers a punk jr. the rest of the team is old as dirt. fire pop trade the whole team execpt ginobili

lets see what happens in the playoffs. if we dont repeat, then yes, everybody is fired

vanvannen
01-13-2006, 04:21 PM

:lol Great post. Very insightful by the way.

We'll never know, but maybe, (just maybe) if Manu had started, we wouldn't have been killed in the 1st quarter and it would have been tighter. Finley's effort last night was Hedoesque.

smeagol
01-13-2006, 04:51 PM
We'll never know, but maybe, (just maybe) if Manu had started, we wouldn't have been killed in the 1st quarter and it would have been tighter. Finley's effort last night was Hedoesque.
Even though he was the best Spur out there last night,Manu was not playing that well either. I don't think him starting = Spurs W.

himat
01-13-2006, 05:03 PM

Alot of talk has been made about Manu coming back into the lineup and I heard them say that Pop is really anticipating it to happen. After tonight's lackluster effort and Finley's production, look for Finley to go back to the bench and Manu to start in the next game.

Duncan's foot must be hurting him, so I think that's another reason why we lost.

Rasho = 20 minutes(4pts, 3rbs, 1 block)...YIKES! That's a pretty good $6.7 Million well spent. We are stuck with Rasho. Nobody's going to take on that bloated contract. I honestly wouldn't pay Rasho more than the league minimum because Rasho is replaceable even by someone getting paid the league minimum.

Parker...0 assists?

This team has problems. They tried really hard to fight through it in the 4th, but they couldn't overcome it.

I remember the Suns having our number in the regular season last season, but Detroit is different: they are seasoned veterans who have won a championship, who are too experienced.

his foot is not that bad. you can't blame it on that just suck it up. it's rasheed wallace that maid him do bad, he's the the toughest problem tim duncan probably has in the nba. rip did very good probably because flip has a variety of plays while lb tried using only 1 play. when bruce found out what it was he couldn't do anything. tayshaun was very aggressive had 12 boards played great. sheed was amazing, and ben was just 3 time DPOY. i'm very suyrprised chauncey did bad handling the ball and shooting. he shot s whoeful 4-14, and he had 6 turnovers! he did great didhing he had 14 assists. tonoy parker had 0 he should of didtributed the ball more.

himat
01-13-2006, 05:07 PM
:lol Great post. Very insightful by the way.

finley did horrible, but i think it would have still been an 8 or 10 point lead. the pistons were expecting a big punch so they played very hard, but the spurs didn't give that punch so instead of withstanding something they played great and raced out for a 20 point lead. pistons did very good at stopping penetration,, and got all the boards, i'm expecting a big winning streak from my boys now.

himat
01-13-2006, 05:10 PM

Parker...0 assists?

you're right the pistons are a much different team. the defense is still great, but flip has let them shoot, unlike lb who got players scared to shoot. pistons have very good shooters. thay have a 2 guys in rasheed and chauncey who can shoot from anywhere. tayshaun is a very good shooter too, and you have the best mid-range in rip who has also got some 3 point shooting ability.

boutons_
01-13-2006, 05:13 PM
"pistons did very good at stopping penetration"

??? Spurs outscored Pistons in the paint, 42 - 32, the ONLY significant stat that the Spurs won (Spurs also won TOs).

in the play-by-play, I count "SAN.. layup' 23 times.

himat
01-13-2006, 05:54 PM
"pistons did very good at stopping penetration"

??? Spurs outscored Pistons in the paint, 42 - 32, the ONLY significant stat that the Spurs won (Spurs also won TOs).

in the play-by-play, I count "SAN.. layup' 23 times.

tim duncan can only score inside so that's where a lot of those paint points came from. i just checked the shot chart for 5 of your gaurds and you had a total of 18 points in the paint, and tony parker and ginobili are fantastic penetrators. go check for yourself go to espn.com and count up all the paint shots yourself. i do make sure what i'm saying is right.

Sportman
01-13-2006, 06:09 PM
I think that the popīs phrase "manu brings the energy from the bench" can not exist any more and pop has to realize manu is not the same player for the team when he comes from the bench.

2centsworth
01-13-2006, 06:22 PM
I think that the popīs phrase "manu brings the energy from the bench" can not exist any more and pop has to realize manu is not the same player for the team when he comes from the bench.
They wouldn't need the energy from the bench if the starters didn't suck so bad.

SA Gunslinger
01-13-2006, 06:54 PM
I was totally sickened by the lack of fire, spirit, manhood, etc in last nights game. Manu, by far, was the one Spur giving his max effort. But even he was off.

It was pointed out by Doug Collins last night about Rasho's foot speed and quickness to the ball. He is worthless against Detroit. I am not sure if Nazr would be much better. Rasho plays better position defense, Nazr is quicker to the ball. Pick your poison.

Overall, the Pistons are hitting on all cylinders. They looked mighty impressive.