PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Next Rasheed Wallace?

Guru of Nothing
01-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Just a random thought/question that popped into my mind.

Lamar Odom comes to mind.

Pistons < Spurs
01-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Lamar Odom comes to mind.

Does he like Wrestling Belts too?

Banks91
01-12-2006, 11:37 PM
don't even disrespect Rasheed by comparing Odom to him. LO is a joke, simple as that.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-12-2006, 11:38 PM
You mean tons of talent not realized?

Hmmm, Odom is a solid choice...

Artest if he had a brain transplant...

Kori Ellis
01-12-2006, 11:39 PM
In what sense??

In getting a lot of technicals? In becoming a Champion? Or in owning Tim Duncan?

FreshPrince22
01-12-2006, 11:42 PM
Rasheed is a very rare breed. How many 7 footers do you know that can hit threes like crazy, and play dominant post defense? Also, how many "Hot-heads" are the best thing that ever happend to their team's chemistry? Or how about players with top 10 talent, but are so unselfish that they don't want to take too many shots? He's one crazy cat!

Guru of Nothing
01-12-2006, 11:43 PM
In what sense??

In getting a lot of technicals? In becoming a Champion? Or in owning Tim Duncan?

In a 6'11", underachieving, "misunderstood", buy-low kind of sense. ... that makes good.

Kori Ellis
01-12-2006, 11:43 PM
In a 6'11", underachieving, "misunderstood", buy-low kind of sense.

Oh. Well Odom makes about $11M - so I don't think anyone can buy low for him.

ShoogarBear
01-12-2006, 11:44 PM
In a 6'11", underachieving, "misunderstood", buy-low kind of sense. ... that makes good.Eddy Curry . . . just needs the "making good" part.

Guru of Nothing
01-12-2006, 11:45 PM
Oh. Well Odom makes about $11M - so I don't think anyone can buy low for him.

Touche, but, that kind of reinforces my analogy.

JamStone
01-12-2006, 11:45 PM
Hmmmm, the next superstar talent power forward who is very emotional, but also unselfish enough to take a secondary role to make his team a championship contender ... hmmmm.

Elton Brand?

Kevin Garnett?

Chris Bosh?

I don't know ... good question.

timvp
01-12-2006, 11:46 PM
Eddy Curry . . . just needs the "making good" part.

:tu

01-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Nenad Kristic; he has the range and touch but needs to work on his D..

FreshPrince22
01-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Eddy Curry is absolutely NOTHING like Rasheed.

The answer is Eddie Griffin. Eddie is a very poor man's Rasheed.

Kori Ellis
01-12-2006, 11:48 PM

Does Eddy Curry still eat sandwiches on the sidelines during practice??

timvp
01-12-2006, 11:49 PM
The key to Guru's question is you have to think of the player in the raw form. Not the final product.

01-12-2006, 11:49 PM
The key to Guru's question is you have to think of the player in the raw form. Not the final product.

Darko?

ShoogarBear
01-12-2006, 11:51 PM

The answer is Eddie Griffin. Eddie is a very poor man's Rasheed.I don't think the point is to find someone who plays like Rasheed, but someone who, if he fulfuills his potential in the right setting and with the right motivation, could be a key cog in a championship team.

Eddie Griffin would never be anything more than a valuable sixth man on such a team.

FreshPrince22
01-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Darko?

It really isn't a bad comparison. Darko just doesn't have a head for the game. Though I guess the same could be said for Rasheed since he could be incredibly dominant if he chose to.

timvp
01-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Darko?

Perhaps.

P.S.

Whatever happened to Flip playing Darko as part of his regular rotation? Wasn't that one of the main focuses heading into the season?

FreshPrince22
01-12-2006, 11:54 PM
I don't think the point is to find someone who plays like Rasheed, but someone who, if he fulfuills his potential in the right setting and with the right motivation, could be a key cog in a championship team.

Eddie Griffin would never be anything more than a valuable sixth man on such a team.

Oh, well I was just talking about players who play like him. And Eddie is the only guy I can think of.

For the question though, I think Darko is that. He has the talent. He just needs the motivation and the right setting.

FreshPrince22
01-12-2006, 11:56 PM
Whatever happened to Flip playing Darko as part of his regular rotation? Wasn't that one of the main focuses heading into the season?

Darko has self confidence issues. He played well to start the season, but he played one bad game, and his confidence went to the gutter. It's kind of like how Tim Duncan seems to lose confidence. Notice how when his team isn't playing well he misses free throws like crazy, and when his team has momentum he makes them? It went exactly that way today. It's all mental.

01-12-2006, 11:59 PM
Perhaps.

P.S.

Not sure, but I don't think the kid's head is into right now...

Maybe a change of scenery would help him out...

I wouldn't mind parting with him for a solid role player...

FreshPrince22
01-13-2006, 12:04 AM
Not sure, but I don't think the kid's head is into right now...

Maybe a change of scenery would help him out...

I wouldn't mind parting with him for a solid role player...

Yea, I think he needs to go to a scrub team to play 25 minutes per game, and work out the mistakes. Here, he knows if he makes a couple mistakes he's going to get pulled, because we've got veterans who can provide more for us right now. That is a lot of pressure for a young kid like that (who clearly has confidence issues).

At this point I would trade him in a second if we could get a better shot at winning a title this year. I really think we need great defensive backup PG who won't kill the offense. Arroyo is just WAY too incosistant for a championship club. And if throwing away a number 2 pick helps us win another ring, I will be more than happy with that trade-off. As it is I don't think we win a ring in '04 with Carmelo playing over Tayshaun. Tayshaun has been huge for us. Doing all of the little things.