PDA

View Full Version : Everybody should stop freaking out...

midgetonadonkey
01-13-2006, 12:36 AM
Because it is only January. Period.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-13-2006, 12:37 AM
once again. No

its january but its still 2 ass kickings from our nemesis who we will most likely be facing in the finals. but you know, runner up in the finals isn't bad or anything :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
01-13-2006, 12:37 AM
*yawn*

Nobody is freaking out. They are just posting.

leemajors
01-13-2006, 12:38 AM
the best part of this game was the roasted venison backstrap with basalmic vinegar sauce and mashed potatoes i finally finished cooking in the 3rd quarter. glad i missed huge chunks of the game.

midgetonadonkey
*yawn*

Nobody is freaking out. They are just posting.

Okay cool.

spursupporter
Can you image Spurs VS Pistons in the Finals and Game 1,2,6 and the Most Important Game 7 at Palace of auburn Hill.....

Trainwreck2100
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
once again. No

its january but its still 2 ass kickings from our nemesis who we will most likely be facing in the finals. but you know, runner up in the finals isn't bad or anything :rolleyes

2 ass kickings, the same # of ass kickings we got from them last year

Solid D
01-13-2006, 12:42 AM
Back away from the

http://www.imagequick.net/PLUMBING/images/cr1.jpg

ShoogarBear
01-13-2006, 12:45 AM
But I feel so dirty . . .

Despot
01-13-2006, 12:50 AM
All year we are the ones with the Bullseye on our chests! For two games out of the entire year we can put that Bullseye on another team and we don't even show up for either??
Yes there is something wrong with that. Is it not that obvious? All along we say, oh, they lose to the bad teams but they will show up for the games that matter, guess not.

By the way, we are 36 games in, almost halfway, rodeo trip coming up soon, it can get ugly quick. No more excuses. At this point I would rather we play well and loose, than play badly and win.

Despot
01-13-2006, 12:52 AM
Watch us tie the pistons for regular season record. Home court will be gone.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-13-2006, 12:52 AM
the best part of this game was the roasted venison backstrap with basalmic vinegar sauce and mashed potatoes i finally finished cooking in the 3rd quarter. glad i missed huge chunks of the game.

That sounds good who are you Dean Ficking Fering (sp)

Nephets
01-13-2006, 01:25 AM
Even if we do lose in the finals... being runners up in the finals is a great thing because it would have shown we were the second best team in the NBA. Spurs fans really are greedy sometimes. May the best team win, I'll be pulling for my Spurs 100 percent but if they lose in the regular season then it's nothing to sweat as long as we make the finals. If we lose the finals... at least we got there. I know the Hawks and Hornets would love to even make it to the second round.

Despot
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
^^^ Wa Wa What?!?!?!? Sacrilege!!!!

Nephets
01-13-2006, 01:35 AM
^^^ Wa Wa What?!?!?!? Sacrilage!!!!

Common sense. :)

As big of a fan as I am (I have jerseys, a whole wall with Spurs stuff, newspaper stuff, etc) I know that in the end it's just a game in which millionares are playing. I have a lot of love for the game itself (I play it), but I mean, no reason to start crying because of a loss to a tough Detroit team.

CharlieMac
01-13-2006, 01:38 AM
I think Rasheed had a good point in an interview yesterday.

The Spurs are mentally tough. Come play-off time, the regular season sweep by the Pistons wont mean dick.

velik_m
01-13-2006, 03:10 AM
Can you image Spurs VS Pistons in the Finals and Game 1,2,6 and the Most Important Game 7 at Palace of auburn Hill.....

spurs had HCA in this game...

mavsfan1000
01-13-2006, 03:16 AM
As soon as the spurs put back Nazr and Ginobili in the lineup is when they are start playing at a high level again like last year.

vincerodriguez23
01-13-2006, 03:23 AM

o i still believe in my spurs, i still think they can make the finals, unlike some of us in here

mavsfan1000
01-13-2006, 03:31 AM
Yeah they can make the finals but the Pistons seem to have their number.

Pistonfan1
01-13-2006, 03:51 AM
It is nice to prove a point to the Spurs. I hope for a finals rematch badly. I want SA in the finals it is my early b-day present that I want to have :king . This team is so damn dominant their going to sweep the East easily and the Spurs wont have any problems out west. Mavs and Suns are just contenders but no serious Detriot like threat by any means.

phyzik
01-13-2006, 03:51 AM
Yeah they can make the finals but the Pistons seem to have their number.

CIA POP

:hat

austinfan
01-13-2006, 06:42 AM
It's a fact--Detroit owned us last night, it was ugly to watch, and the Pistons are playing on a whole different plane from the rest of the league right now. But what are the Spurs supposed to do? Just throw up their hands and say, "Too bad. It's all over"? No, you buckle down, and chip away at your weaknesses as a team, and improve your strengths. What else is there? Of course I would have loved for the Spurs to defeat the Pistons, but it's one game in a long, hard season. A silver lining in all this is that the Spurs have lots of room for improvement, whereas the Pistons have to somehow maintain this level of play for 41 games and beyond, into the playoffs.

HULKAROCK
01-13-2006, 08:49 AM
START FREAKING OUT!! The Spurs look like a bunch of school girls playing at recess.. If you don't think the regular season means anything, then keep making excuses for yourself. The Pistons are on record pace. It has nothing to do about maintaining their skill effort. That's the team! That's what has happend all year. Don't feel so bad. The Spurs are put in the catagory with the rest of the league fighting for second place. :lol

Jimcs50
01-13-2006, 09:08 AM

True, but Detroit is still better.

Jimcs50
01-13-2006, 09:09 AM
That being said, SA can get better, so no panic here.

Extra Stout
01-13-2006, 09:32 AM
The Spurs have some real problems matching up against Detroit this year.

In two games, they have been outrebounded 113-62. That makes winning impossible.

Outside of Duncan, the Spurs' frontline is doing absolutely nothing on either end of the floor against Detroit and it is killing them.

Defeating Detroit will take Tim Duncan somehow finding a way to ignore the pain in his feet, and Ginobili going out of his mind. Manu is the only wild card the Pistons can't answer when he plays well. He will have to play heavy minutes because the Finleys and Barrys of the world can't get in any kind of rhythm against Detroit's defense.

If Finley isn't scoring, he's of little use.

And no matter how great Rasho's intangibles or whatever are, he is a terrible rebounder. If he gets heavy minutes against Detroit, the Spurs cannot win because he simply cannot contain Ben Wallace, or anyone else on the Pistons' frontline. The Spurs can defend Detroit effectively for 24 seconds, but when the Pistons get 72 or 96 seconds to score because of offensive rebounding, that neutralizes the Spurs' defense. Then on the other end, the Spurs only get one chance. Against other teams, a Parker layup attempt that scoots off the rim may still result in a basket because he has forced an interior defender to commit. Not so against Detroit.

Even if Rasho is the better option against 28 teams in the league, that doesn't matter because Detroit is the brick wall between the Spurs and repeating as champions. Not Dallas. Not Phoenix. Nazr sucks at other things, but he can rebound. And he has to be in the flow of what the team is doing all year along if Pop expects him to be effective at all against Detroit.

If the Spurs keep doing what they're doing now, a lopsided Finals loss to Detroit is the only likely outcome.

boutons_
01-13-2006, 10:48 AM
"SA can get better, so no panic here."

Why do they need to get better?
Weren't they the best just last June?

WTF happened to the very same team and coach and system in just a few months? That group has totallly disappeared.

Why do the Spurs need to react to their playing like absolute shit, get their asses kicked by Pop like HS or college kids (Pop said they were pros and adults a few weeks back. GMAFB), before they start playing anywhere near their potential? Where's the self-motivation? The pride? The joy of playing basketball well?

Why can't the Spurs play solid, respectable basketball all season, like a Suns or a Pistons, then step it up in the playoffs? EVERY team steps it up in the playoffs. That's nothing uniquely, SPAM-ishly Spurs.

Before somebody props up the straw man of "you want playoff intensity for 82 games?" Just solid basketball, something that has been extremely rare through 38 Spurs games).

Bad losses to Bucks, Hawks, Hornets.

Several ugly wins/escapes against mediocre teams, even @att.

A couple of solid, convincing wins (@DAL, Suns).

Embarrassing, pitiful, shit-stinkin losses to main rivals and playoff opponents Pistons x 2, Mavs, and Amare-less Suns.

Is this unquestionable dysfunctionality of the beloved SPAM (which is just a homeristic euphemism for "Spurs play like shit before March") a Popovich creation? A Duncan creation? Where does it come from? Can it be cured? :)

It's fucking perverse and sick to be behave badly (play like shit) over and over, when you know it's bad, you can stop when you want, but you keep doing it. The team really needs professional help. :)

Is Spurs' defense, rebounding, shooting, FTs, and playing Pop's system so fucking excruciatingly complicated, difficult, unpleasant, and toxic that the Spurs can only face up to it after mid-April?

oh, four-down still sucks. Giving Tim so many touches when he's being pistol-whipped into being a bricking jumpshooter isn't smart basketball. Tim needs to stop feeling he has to be a black-hole and try to score every time he touches the ball.

Against the best teams (Mavs, Suns, Pistons), the Spurs are 2 - 4, where all 4 losses were depressing, embarrassing, un-competitive, give-the-game-away "efforts" by the Spurs. 3 were numerical blowouts.

ok, ok, STFU, it's January, "get over it" (it's just the Spurs fucking up in that very special, sicko Spurs way) :)

We have home/away Sat/Mon with Grizz who are only 2 Ls behind the cratering Spurs, and Jan road games @MIA, @NO/OKC, @UTA. Only 3-2 now, will the Spurs have a 0.500 record for Jan 06?

Forget about Finals HCA. Now 4 Ls behind the Pistons, the only way the Spurs get a better overall record than the Pistons will be if the Pistons will have much worse injury problems than the Spurs will have. The Pistons aren't gonna get bored playing great basketball (I bet they are even having fun winning in a spectacular season. The Spurs should try it sometime), while the "Champs" haven't even found their asses, yet.

101A
01-13-2006, 10:56 AM
All year we are the ones with the Bullseye on our chests! For two games out of the entire year we can put that Bullseye on another team ...

Or we could give them the bullseye.