PDA

View Full Version : Craptacular night...

Budkin
01-13-2006, 01:03 AM
Oh what a craptacular night this was...

I live in Austin. My officemate's GF had given him tickets to the Pistons game as a Christmas present and it ended up that she didn't want to go, so he invited me, as long as I drove. I was psyched.

I asked him if he had the tickets before we left and he did. I followed him to his house to drop off his car, he jumped in mine and we were off. Got stuck in bad Austin rush hour traffic but ended up making it to the Park and Ride on Randolph Blvd. By 6:30. About to get on the bus and I asked him to make sure he had his tickets one more time. He checks for his wallet and it's not on him. We check the car and it's not there. Then he remembers... it's in his car... in Austin.

We decide to try and salvage something of the game so I go speeding up I-35 all the way back to Austin and 2 hours later we are back at the arena. It was near the beginning of the 4th quarter so at least we got to see something, right? Wrong. As we try to enter we are stopped by staff and told that "once we leave we can't go back in." I try and explain that we are just getting there and wanted to see the end of the game. "No sir" the bitchy woman says with a scowl on her face and motions for us to leave. So after all that we didn't get to see shit. And the Spurs got their asses handed to them on top of it.

Oh, but we did hit Whataburger on the way back so I guess it wasn't all for naught. :depressed

Kori Ellis
01-13-2006, 01:06 AM
As we try to enter we are stopped by staff and told that "once we leave we can't go back in." I try and explain that we are just getting there and wanted to see the end of the game. "No sir" the bitchy woman says with a scowl on her face and motions for us to leave.

:wtf

Couldn't they just scan your ticket and see you hadn't entered yet???

Vinnie_Johnson
01-13-2006, 01:07 AM
That just sucks sorry to hear that.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-13-2006, 01:08 AM
^^^
That makes too much sense...

Budkin
01-13-2006, 01:09 AM
I showed them the tickets and it didn't matter to them. I think there must be some rule that you can't enter after a certain point in the game. *shrugs*
At that point it felt like I was on candid camera and I just wanted to leave.

angel_luv
01-13-2006, 01:09 AM
That is just awful. Sorry!

RashoFan
01-13-2006, 01:12 AM
Oh what a craptacular night this was...

About to get on the bus and I asked him to make sure he had his tickets one more time. He checks for his wallet and it's not on him. We check the car and it's not there. Then he remembers... it's in his car... in Austin.

We decide to try and salvage something of the game so I go speeding up I-35 all the way back to Austin and 2 hours later we are back at the arena. It was near the beginning of the 4th quarter so at least we got to see something, right? Wrong. As we try to enter we are stopped by staff and told that "once we leave we can't go back in." I try and explain that we are just getting there and wanted to see the end of the game. "No sir" the bitchy woman says with a scowl on her face and motions for us to leave. So after all that we didn't get to see shit.
Perhaps she was having her monthly visitor and she had no money for the "chocolate fix" see desperately needed....
I am sorry to hear that tonight did not turn out well for you guys...other than the Whataburger fix. :(

Kori Ellis
01-13-2006, 01:12 AM
I showed them the tickets and it didn't matter to them. I think there must be some rule that you can't enter after a certain point in the game. *shrugs*
At that point it felt like I was on candid camera and I just wanted to leave.

That sucks.

I know that we got there in the 3rd quarter once and they let us in. I've never tried to arrive in the 4th.

JamStone
01-13-2006, 01:20 AM
Seriously, you should write a letter to the ATT Center and/or the Spurs organization and see if they'll do something. That just sounds like an awful experience, all things considered. It wouldn't hurt to write a letter, right?

Budkin
01-13-2006, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the condolences all. I probably should write them; I just looked through their FAQ and didn't see anything about coming late other than re-entering being prohibited.

http://www.sbccenter.net/faqs/

I mostly just felt bad for my friend because it was going to be his first professional sporting event attended, let alone Spurs game. And hell, it was his main Christmas gift.

Kori Ellis
01-13-2006, 01:28 AM
Maybe they'll give you free tickets to a game in the future if you tell them the situation. Contact their Fan Relations department.

JamStone
01-13-2006, 01:30 AM
And, keep the tickets as proof they were not ripped, scanned, or used.

TDMVPDPOY
01-13-2006, 02:06 AM
Did u get a refund?? you shouldve punch the worker in the face

Vashner
01-13-2006, 02:10 AM
Oh man.. I have not done something like that since Spring break in 80's.. (the driving part).