PDA

View Full Version : Feed the Sheed!

tlongII
01-13-2006, 12:42 PM
http://www.espn.go.com/media/nba/2006/0112/photo/g_rasheed_268.jpg

This is how the Pistons are able to beat the Spurs. He is the one guy in the league that can neutralize Duncan.

smeagol
01-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Sheed played his ass off. How many 3-pointers did he hit? And how many shots over TD? Amazing.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-13-2006, 12:46 PM
When he wants to play, he's right up there with TD and KG...

Oh, Gee!!
01-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Sheed owns Duncan this year

vincerodriguez23
01-13-2006, 01:03 PM
http://www.espn.go.com/media/nba/2006/0112/photo/g_rasheed_268.jpg

This is how the Pistons are able to beat the Spurs. He is the one guy in the league that can neutralize Duncan.

yeah, sheed played awesome last night, hats off to him

Extra Stout
01-13-2006, 01:29 PM
When the Spurs lose the power forward matchup to Detroit, well, they don't have a whole lot of other advantages to exploit. Pretty much Manu and that's it.

Pistons_In_Four
01-13-2006, 01:31 PM
Manu is still the man in my book but he played dirty last night.

Nikos
01-13-2006, 02:03 PM
When the Spurs lose the power forward matchup to Detroit, well, they don't have a whole lot of other advantages to exploit. Pretty much Manu and that's it.

Yeah, Sheed just always seems to play well against him. Duncan will outplay him from time to time by a decent margin, but it is clear Sheed gives him trouble on both ends on a consistent basis. Duncan has to play like himself against Detroit, or they will lose a potential finals series against them pretty badly.

I still think a healthy Miami could beat Detroit, but that is a big IF, because Shaq staying healthy isn't exactly a lock. But Detroit simply matches up very well with the Spurs. Forget about how much better the Pistons got this season, to me it is all about the Duncan vs PF/C matchup, and to a lesser extent Tony Parker's play. If the Spurs get those things, they can beat the improved Pistons. Honestly I wouldn't feel confident not having home court against Detroit, but it looks like the Spurs aren't in condition to pass them in the standings. I guess you can hope for Miami to beat the Pistons because you have a better chance at homecourt -- but in the West, honestly who is their to test yourself against with Amare out, the Nuggets injured etc...? In prior seasons it was the Lakers, Kings, Suns, Mavs -- now this season the Mavs and the Suns are really the only good teams (but not really title contenders).

Every season you could look forward to the competetion getting tougher at all star break, and the Spurs rounding into playoff form. Now it looks like the main goal should be winning every possible game for homecourt, because barely beating a bunch of teams in the West is what is SUPPOSED to happen. Basically there is no competetion that the Spurs could beat and feel great about themselves. @ Miami is the next big test. But after that? Dallas? The Suns? What else is their until the playoffs come around aside from trying to win every game and get homecourt?

td4mvp21
01-13-2006, 06:22 PM
If you want to talk titles, tlong, find a different team to cheer for thats capable of winning one.

tlongII
01-13-2006, 06:24 PM
If you want to talk titles, tlong, find a different team to cheer for thats capable of winning one.

I don't want to talk titles assclown.

himat
01-13-2006, 06:26 PM
rasheed has been determined all year after the finals he lost 20 pounds and was in regular season shape by training camp. he's worked his ass off, and in many interviews he said he still remembers losing game 7 very clearly along with all the others. rasheed always likes to play against premeir pf's.

ALVAREZ6
01-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Why aren't Sheed's averages better than they are??? Does he only really try vs. the Spurs?????

himat
01-13-2006, 06:45 PM
Why aren't Sheed's averages better than they are??? Does he only really try vs. the Spurs?????

no, he could do better at boarding, but rasheed is too unselfish he sometimes has good position but keeps passing. also we have 4 other players along with him that also can fill up, the boxscore so that's probably why his stats here are not like his portland averages.

FreshPrince22
01-13-2006, 07:16 PM

He tends to coast against shitty teams at times. He's too unselfish to drop 20-25ppg. The only time he usually goes for big points is when everyone else is struggling on the team. Usually, we have at least a 1 or 2 guys that have it going, so he doesn't have to put up big numbers for his team to win. He also loves to play against Duncan and KG. It was by Flip's design to make Duncan work on both ends.

I do wish he would rebound the damn ball on occassion though. He was great against the Spurs, but when he has one of those 3-4 rebound games it makes me want to puke. He should average at least 8-9 boards per game. I can understand not getting 10+ because Big Ben tends to swallow them up, but he needs to hold his own.

E20
01-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Rasheed play well. Props. :tu :hat

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Double take I thought it said Feed The Sheep. Then I saw tlong and I was like uh oh.

:lol

ALVAREZ6
01-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Sheed might be a complaining bitch, but he is really good.

mike detroit
01-13-2006, 08:40 PM
He tends to coast against shitty teams at times. He's too unselfish to drop 20-25ppg. The only time he usually goes for big points is when everyone else is struggling on the team.

he also plays well when he's convinced that's what's really best for the team. That's why he plays well against the spurs, he knows his teammates need him to do so. he's nothing if not a fantastic teammate, if you look at some of his more emotional reactions to things over the years(ie randomly predicting wins and such) he gets that way when he thinks he's let his teammates down. that gets to him more than anything.

spursupporter
01-13-2006, 08:45 PM
sheed has the talent and the skill to be a all-star player. Prop to him

Spurologist
01-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Great game by sheed. I couldn't believe some of the shots his making with hand all over his face. He wasn't even shooting that well coming into the game, so props to him.

FreshPrince22
01-13-2006, 09:28 PM
sheed has the talent and the skill to be a all-star player. Prop to him

He is a 2 time all-star.

xcoriate
01-14-2006, 12:54 AM
The thing is he has probably the best set of post up moves behind Duncan in the league IMO. Even in the finals he was dropping a jumper on TD that was very similar to Tims banker cept without the glass.

He has good range, good moves on the pivot and plays great defence. I dont know whats been holding him back but he is always on for the Spurs. You can tell he likes playing Tim.

FreshPrince22
01-14-2006, 02:40 AM
The thing is he has probably the best set of post up moves behind Duncan in the league IMO. Even in the finals he was dropping a jumper on TD that was very similar to Tims banker cept without the glass.

He has good range, good moves on the pivot and plays great defence. I dont know whats been holding him back but he is always on for the Spurs. You can tell he likes playing Tim.

Yea, I remember against Tim in the Finals and on Christmas day he busted out the timmy-style bank shot. I've never seen him miss one (4 out of 4), but he very rarely takes them. He's only taken one outside of a Spurs game that I can remember (vs. the Bulls this year).

If you ever see him warming up before a game pay close attention. He likes to shoot threes switching back and forth between the right and left hand. And he's damn good at it. I've seen him hit 8 triples in a row left handed. Earlier in the year this year he hurt his shooting hand, and shot everything lefty for that game.

NZ Spurs
01-14-2006, 04:31 AM
As long as the brilliant Sheed leaves Horry open at the end of close games...

Edwardo
01-14-2006, 11:18 AM

If I had to rank post moves

Sheed
J'Oneal
KG
Timmy
Yao
Diesel

krinkx
01-14-2006, 11:39 AM
sheed is good... but he looks and acts lazy... i think... :))

Marklar MM
01-14-2006, 12:34 PM
sheed is good... but he looks and acts lazy... i think... :))

So does Duncan...so it balances out. :)