PDA

View Full Version : Baby Shower Question?

Old School Chic
01-13-2006, 02:00 PM
If a friend of mine Is having another baby after 8 years from having her second one, Is It ok to have a baby shower for her?

Some girls at work say that Catholics only have one baby shower and that's for the first born. I honestly think that's not fair.

Help!

Kori Ellis
01-13-2006, 02:06 PM
A shower for only the first baby is an old tradition (I don't think just Catholic). But these days, a lot (most) people have showers for all their babies.

FrankWhite
01-13-2006, 02:16 PM
Yeah, throw a shower, get some gifts for the kid and have a good time.

those that are offended can stay home. :tu

SpursWoman
01-13-2006, 02:16 PM
I looked this up on Miss Manners (or some etiquette thing like that :lol ) when my sister-in-law had my neice...10 years after my nephew. She didn't have any baby stuff saved from my nephew since it'd been so long, so they had to start over again. *They* said it was perfectly "acceptable". :lol

easjer
01-13-2006, 02:23 PM
It's an older tradition not to have showers, but that always assumed a smaller distance between children, so there would be plenty to reuse, and the big items would be there.

Lots of people today have showers for all of their kids as a celebration of the new child rather than an opportunity to equip the new mom with stuff she might not have but need.

Either way, your friend will clearly need some new things, and that's a good enough reason.

Old School Chic
01-13-2006, 02:32 PM
Thank you Ladies!

We will have a shower for our good friend at the end of this month :elephant