PDA

View Full Version : Rebounding

Marcus Bryant
01-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Total team rebounds in this season's two matchups between the Spurs and Detroit:

Dec. 25, 2005
Spurs 30
Detroit 57

Jan. 12, 2006
Spurs 32
Detroit 56

Other than Duncan no Spur hit double figures in rebounding in either game. Of note is that Radoslav Nesterovic provided 5 total rebounds across both contests. No Spur other than Duncan pulled down more than 5 boards in either game. The Spurs had 6 offensive boards in the Xmas game and 4 last night. It's not hard to see what ails the Spurs v. Detroit. Duncan has gotten no help whatsoever on the glass from his teammates.

2centsworth
01-13-2006, 02:16 PM
Free Nazr. Of course, pop wants to be the show so who knows what the rotation will be.

swashbuckler
01-13-2006, 02:17 PM
the pistons have the perfect players to exploit our rebounding weaknesses and they know how to outplay us. i think its more of an issue recognizing that they have the rebounding advantage over us rather than that duncan is getting little help defensively on the boards.

David@SLCC
01-13-2006, 07:06 PM
The Spurs need to give Tony Massenburg a call. He would have been a good guy to have around in a game like last night's. He will fight with both Wallaces, if he needs to, for a rebound.

ALVAREZ6
01-13-2006, 07:19 PM
...pathetic

Getting outrebounded by that much is simply embarassing.

FreshPrince22
01-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Have you guys played Utah yet? They killed the Pistons by over 20 on the glass in each game.

timvp
01-13-2006, 07:26 PM
Have you guys played Utah yet? They killed the Pistons by over 20 on the glass in each game.

Damn.

When the Spurs play the Jazz, they may be held without a rebound.

boutons_
01-13-2006, 07:26 PM
"Tony Massenburg a call"

Tony fouls a rate only slightly less than Danny Forston. He's a good guy, but he didn't help the Spurs much, except in his payback-SAC game, where Tim/Tony/Manu all sucked so badly that Tony's big game was wasted in a loss.

boutons_
01-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Spurs play @UTA twice, starting 30 Jan, the start of the RRT, and only once @att&t.

Jazz won their first ever game over Tim last season @UTA.

himat
01-13-2006, 07:41 PM
pistons have done not so well on the boards the whole season.

FreshPrince22
01-13-2006, 07:45 PM
pistons have done not so well on the boards the whole season.

yea, they only seem to rebound well when they really "want it". I guess that isn't much of a suprise though.

mike detroit
01-13-2006, 08:12 PM
yea, they only seem to rebound well when they really "want it". I guess that isn't much of a suprise though.

yeah, I think there is something to the matchup issue. it's not that we're a great rebounding team, we're just great at rebounding against the spurs. especially when Pop decides to go ridiculously small out there.

himat
01-13-2006, 08:26 PM
yeah, I think there is something to the matchup issue. it's not that we're a great rebounding team, we're just great at rebounding against the spurs. especially when Pop decides to go ridiculously small out there.

i think sheed is more aggressive and helps ben more against the spurs.

Budkin
01-13-2006, 08:27 PM
It doesn't help when the Spurs are missing so many open shots. They could have built a new arena in the 1st quarter.

mike detroit
01-13-2006, 08:36 PM
It doesn't help when the Spurs are missing so many open shots. They could have built a new arena in the 1st quarter.

true, but realize that much of the pistons defense is based on getting people to miss open shots. this is done by letting them get open, but not shoot from the spot they want to. read that breakdown on how they played duncan to see what i mean.

plus, rebounding helps a lot when you're missing shots.

T Park
01-13-2006, 10:48 PM
that much of the pistons defense is based on getting people to miss open shots

lol

thats an amazing defense if you can pull it off.

leemajors
01-14-2006, 12:29 AM
it's the santeria defense theory. ozzie guillen used a variation of it for the white sox and it involves live chickens and their blood.

JamStone
01-14-2006, 12:47 AM
I don't practice santeria ... I ain't got no crystal ball ... if I had a million dollars, well I'd ... I'd spend it all ...