PDA

View Full Version : Chips on shoulders

vincerodriguez23
01-13-2006, 07:48 PM
ive been noticing the past few months that the media has been using the term "playing with a chip on his shoulder" quite frequently. anybody starting to notice that? thought i might point it out.

E20
01-13-2006, 07:51 PM
I don't get the John Madden joke...please explain. :lol

timvp
01-13-2006, 07:51 PM
I'm posting with a chip on my shoulder because John Madden isn't responsible for that quote.

ALVAREZ6
01-13-2006, 09:03 PM
I think we've known that the Pistons are playing with a chip on their shoulders for quite a while now....

boutons_
01-14-2006, 12:44 AM
"chip on my shoulder" is macho posturing, attitude trash.

"I got a chip on my shoulder, and I dare anybody to knock it off"

The (sports) media are bunch of uncreative dumbshits parroting the latest buzzwords, their minds running in the ruts, like rats lost in mazes. They must think "chip on shoulder" is "edgy" or "attitude". It's all fake bullshit melo-drama.

xcoriate
01-14-2006, 12:46 AM
^ thats the same way I feel about boutons posts

:lol

SenorSpur
01-14-2006, 02:49 AM
It's disappointing to see the Spurs take the floor and without any fire or intensity. They've done this most of the year in games versus the Bulls, Hornets, Hawks and Bucks.

There's no secret as to why they lost to the Pistons. In both games, they have failed to match the level of intensity and aggressiveness of the Pistons. As a result, they've been badly outplayed and got killed on the glass.

What is evern more troubling about this latest loss is that the Spurs got their "clocks cleaned" on Detroit's home floor less than 3 weeks ago. The memory of the game should have been "etched in their minds". That should have been all the motivation they needed to play a spirited game on their home floor. Yet they fell short again.

I don't think the Pistons are that much better than the Spurs. However, if the Spurs do not rediscover their "sense of urgency" and develop a "chip on their own shoulder", they can forget about seeing the Pistons again this year.

It's safe to say the Detroit Pistons have a "chip on their shoulder." It shows in the way they play, the comments they've made, and their committment toward winning. As the rest of the league is finding out, the Pistons have dedicated their entire season toward one goal and one goal only - "reclaiming" the NBA title that the Spurs took from them.

Maybe it will take the Spurs need conceding their title to Pistons this year, in order to develop that "chip on the shoulder".

sprrs
01-14-2006, 04:01 AM
Maybe it will take the Spurs need conceding their title to Pistons this year, in order to develop that "chip on the shoulder".

We can certainly hope not. Hopefully these two beat downs will haunt us long enough so that we give everything we have when it counts,

vincerodriguez23
01-14-2006, 04:28 AM
"chip on my shoulder" is macho posturing, attitude trash.

"I got a chip on my shoulder, and I dare anybody to knock it off"

The (sports) media are bunch of uncreative dumbshits parroting the latest buzzwords, their minds running in the ruts, like rats lost in mazes. They must think "chip on shoulder" is "edgy" or "attitude". It's all fake bullshit melo-drama.

well said, i agree with you, 100% (a little lee corso for ya)

if im gonna have a chip on my shoulder, i prefer Lays