PDA

View Full Version : God, I Hate Microsoft/PC Products

01-13-2006, 08:30 PM
At least my home computer is a Mac.

So anyway, MS says I need an update to my Office 2003 stuff and I download it and now my laptop hangs up trying to load Outlook 2003 as my email editor. So now, I can recieve emails, but can't reply or forward. Oh yea, I don't have the right .dll file to run any Access databases that were created with XP on my 2000 OS laptop.

How in the fuck to these folks stay in business?

CharlieMac
01-13-2006, 08:38 PM
I never liked Outlook.

katyon6th
01-13-2006, 08:41 PM
The day I started using a Mac was the day I hated a PC.

nobodi_home
01-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Hello

Same here. M$ sucks bigtime. They keep going because they have stupid competitors. When IBM had its O/S2 chugging along, they should have pressed forward and developed a real product to compete with Windows 95 when it came out, but IBM dropped the ball. Then Apple had the chance to port their new (was new then) OS7 to run on the 486DX microprocessor, but their stupid soda pop C.E.O. said "no". I guess it helps a great deal to become the big monopoly when you have idiots for competitors. Microsoft really doesn't have any so they produce what they like, and if you don't like it, go "somewhere else", and naturally, there is nowhere else, and they know it.

Microsoft is the worst I've seen in my 57 years of living. Now we will get the treatament again later this year when this stupid VISTA (what a name, eh??) is released and it'll be the same buggy shit as we suffered thru with Xp.

Why don't you give Thurderbird a try? This is the companion email prog for Firefox. Firefox and Thunderbird make a fine way to flip Microsoft the bird and you are much safer surfing the net at the same time

steve :hat

Vashner
01-13-2006, 09:40 PM
A lot of people just started blocking SMTP Port 25 for some reason...

Check your shit before you blame microsoft... it's not fair... Bill Gates for President!

ducks
01-13-2006, 09:56 PM
bill gates is nothing buta copycat

bill gates can not fix his security holes in exployer to stop spysoftware
he would rather develop a spyware program to delete the spyware and offer it for free now and then charge people big bucks later for him BIG GREEDY SOB
ASS HOLE

CharlieMac
01-13-2006, 10:07 PM
If everyone switched to Firefox or Opera, you can bet that there would be countless security flaws. It's just a matter of numbers. More users, more problems.

SpyRemoval Programs are becoming as neccassary as anti-virus software programs are. It's only a matter of time before even AdAware or Spybot arent free anymore. Not really Bill's fault.

Guru of Nothing
01-13-2006, 10:09 PM
Ducks in ..... 5 4 3 29 2 98

T Park
01-13-2006, 10:18 PM
BIG GREEDY SOB

yeah, damn him for wanting a company that is profitable...

CharlieMac
01-13-2006, 10:23 PM
yeah, damn him for wanting a company that is profitable...
....I wish people would really research how many billions he has donated to scholorships, AIDS treatment, and many, many other charities. Obviously he can afford it, but his donations dwarf what celebrities and athletes contribute on a semi-annual basis when cameras just happen to be around.

MannyIsGod
01-13-2006, 10:40 PM
Use Thunderbird.

T Park
01-13-2006, 10:41 PM
I wish people would really research how many billions he has donated to scholorships, AIDS treatment, and many, many other charities. Obviously he can afford it, but his donations dwarf what celebrities and athletes contribute on a semi-annual basis when cameras just happen to be around

Duh, he does that just for image purposes. [ducks]

E20
01-13-2006, 10:46 PM
Bill Gates isn't greedy. He gives to a lot of charities. He is really lenient with his money. He and his wife recently got Time Magazine people of the year thing.

exstatic
01-13-2006, 11:13 PM
If everyone switched to Firefox or Opera, you can bet that there would be countless security flaws. It's just a matter of numbers. More users, more problems.

I don't think that's true. People attack MS products because they are the extremely easy gateway to the OS itself, and to further attacks on other systems. You can't seize control of the box with third party prods.

Vashner
01-13-2006, 11:38 PM
Look at apples bullshit... They change to Intel CPU's.. they friggin lost..

They went LittleEndian .... :)

If it was not for microshaft we would be way behind in technology...

It was Bill Gates... Cisco ... and others that did the 90's tech cash boom (and y2k spending) ... Not Al Gore and Klinton.

Maybe you would like to go back to the 80's... fuuk that.. as much as I like RAT and Van Halen i'll keep my Windows OS... hands off!

Nbadan
01-14-2006, 03:16 AM
Microsoft's reign over the OS software market is coming to an end, and it's open-source software like Linex, Thunderbird, Firefox, and openoffice that are getting bigger market share.

Slomo
01-14-2006, 03:26 AM
Use Thunderbird.Best advice so far!

Seriously! They are only a few reasons why not to switch over from Outlook and if they don't apply to you do it fast! Version 1.5 will copy all your contacts and settings from Outlook and you'll be ready to go immediately.

hendrix
01-14-2006, 09:29 AM
If it was not for microshaft we would be way behind in technology...

It was Bill Gates... Cisco ... and others that did the 90's tech cash boom (and y2k spending) ... Not Al Gore and Klinton.

Maybe you would like to go back to the 80's... fuuk that.. as much as I like RAT and Van Halen i'll keep my Windows OS... hands off!

You really should stick to military issues. You know shit about computers and information systems technologies.

hendrix
01-14-2006, 09:34 AM
....I wish people would really research how many billions he has donated to scholorships, AIDS treatment, and many, many other charities. Obviously he can afford it, but his donations dwarf what celebrities and athletes contribute on a semi-annual basis when cameras just happen to be around.

Ok, but him donating millions of dollars has nothing to do with the quality of Microsofts products nor its bussiness practices.

velik_m
01-14-2006, 10:06 AM
i never used ms outlook...

but ms help/support is top notch, i wish other companies/program makers would have their standard!

ducks
01-14-2006, 10:26 AM

he may donate some money but he is greedy because he chooses to whom he donates it to.
If I go buy his pro office program it would cost over $500 for a full install and I have to do that legal for each computer. that is called greed. make it $100 or someone cheaper where most people can afford it

Shelly
01-14-2006, 10:37 AM
he may donate some money but he is greedy because he chooses to whom he donates it to.
If I go buy his pro office program it would cost over $500 for a full install and I have to do that legal for each computer. that is called greed. make it $100 or someone cheaper where most people can afford it

I agree with that. I never used Office because we always used Lotus. However, as my kids have been using Power Point for school, I had to install it. We had a version of Office97 and at least that one you can install over and over again.

My accounting program is ridiculous. You can only by it through a reseller and each module costs minimum $500. It costs us $2400 a year just to maintain (which means I get upgrades and a new tax table every year). And now they made it so every time there's a major upgrade, you have to have your reseller install it because it's not cut and dry anymore (the last release threw the General Ledger out of balance). Which means I have to pay for them to install it. Bastards.