PDA

View Full Version : Some Rants post-blowout

z0sa
01-13-2006, 09:14 PM
I've looked over the topic list and I see there are plenty of similar topics to this one. But I have alot of things I want to say, and in my own way, so hopefully no one gets angry.

First of all, the lack of effort from the Spurs throughout the season up until this point is sickening. I'm done with bullshit excuses like "they are on cruise control til after the all-star break" or "they will correct these issues come playoff time" or "finley is in a slump, soon as he gets out were cool." The Spurs have been playing around all season, and only on a handful of occassions have they come together completely.

#1: Finley has failed simply every expectation. The guy is nothing like he was pumped up to be. If hes going to be in a slump for thirtysomething games and rarely come through when we need him, I don't see why we have him. He causes problems because hes supposedly so good Pop has to give him minutes. While my opinion of him might change as the season goes on, right now hes just not doing well. I say we have better chemistry and a better record and a much different focus if we only get Van Exel and Oberto in the offseason.
#2: Duncan's foot. Duncan has been doing so well except for freethrow shooting, which Ill talk about later. But why God? Why must his foot be inflicted with some nagging injury that can't be healed completely without weeks of rest? The foot affects him sometimes almost none, but sometimes its like Duncan's hobbled. I really have no idea what to do or say, but I think this injury is really going to hurt us if it persists til playoff time - which seems like it will.
#3: Heart. Why do the Spurs have such a lack of heart? It shows bigtime in seemingly every game. They'll do good, get a 15 point lead, and then just squander it and decide not to show up the rest of the 2nd quarter and the second half. Against teams like the Twolves, its embarrassing even though we pull out the win. Against a real contender like Detroit, we get raped. People are going to throw excuses out like "its still early in the season" and "wait til playoff time." Okay, thats fine. But judging from what the spurs have done against the pistons so far, its going to be ugly if we meet them in the postseason. And anyone else like Phoenix who actually wants to win the championship and not just cruise all the way to late June.
#4: Freethrows - this is simply disgusting. Why can't the Spurs fucking hit some damn freethrows? How many countless games could we have stayed in it or put it away or come back if we'd have just hit most of our freethrows? How many games will we lose because roughly every spur sucks from the freethrow line?

This is just a bunch of rants that I had. The spurs are playing some of the shittiest, heartless basketball I've ever seen from them. On a sidenote, Duncan's number has been punched by the Detroit frontcourt. Duncan is repeatedly punished and with his foot injured, I can't see Tim bringing us over the top against Detroit. If we even make it that far.

vincerodriguez23
01-13-2006, 09:16 PM
nonsense, spurs will only improve

ALVAREZ6
01-13-2006, 09:26 PM
I agree with most of it...I'm scared that Tim will get injured badly in the playoffs when basketball gets more intense, and he fucks up his foot even more, causing him to not be 100% for next season. This year is a complete turn around of my summer expectations...with all those new summer acquisitions, I expected the Spurs to be the best team in the league with that depth...

Detroit is just too damn good.

ALVAREZ6
01-13-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm concerned about the Suns...they are playing excellent basketball right now, and Amare isn't even playing. Now that doesn't guarantee that they will continue, it could just be a hot streak and nothing more.

FreshPrince22
01-13-2006, 09:33 PM
The foot affects him sometimes almost none, but sometimes its like Duncan's hobbled.

I think it has to do with who his competition is. Duncan in a wheelchair could dominate half of the PFs in the league.

Vashner
01-13-2006, 09:37 PM
No need to panic. I won't till we start loosing playoff games.

I didn't want Finley because I was worried about why chase him when we where the ones that won not Avery. But he can improve. If we don't win this season well it's on Pop, crew and team.

Just enjoy the moments... last championship people never really soaked it in.. I did..

Too many lust for more....

ALVAREZ6
01-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Just enjoy the moments... last championship people never really soaked it in.. I did..

Because we really didn't have the time...once the season starts, it goes by really fast and here we are again in the middle of the season, before you know it it will be April.

vincerodriguez23
01-13-2006, 09:44 PM
im far from being worried right now. its a shame we got swept by the pistons, but we have to move on. like vashner said, i wont start worrying unless were losing key games in the final stretch of the regular season.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Back to Duncan and his foot Sheed had the same thing in the 2004 playoffs. It was very painfull and he had almost no lift. He played trough the pain until it tore and that's when it stopped hurting and his game got stronger. I don't think you can just sit him for two weeks it won't heal that quick.

boutons_
01-14-2006, 12:11 AM
"losing key games in the final stretch of the regular season."

Pistons are playing all season as key towards Finals HCA.

Spurs are playing ... what?

leemajors
01-14-2006, 12:25 AM
sounds like sheed got really lucky. from what some people have posted that tear can go either way. relief from pain or even more.

Tanya
01-14-2006, 03:09 AM
I like Duncan so I wish him the best. I really hope we two teams will meet in the finals again. But before that we have to try to win the Miami. They had a great game tonight with Seattle.

team-work
01-14-2006, 06:38 AM
A loss is just a loss. Hat off to the Pistons who played extremely well.

I wondered what happened inside the Spurs' locker room after the defeat. Just silence?