PDA

View Full Version : The Pistons trounced the Spurs 2 straight last year and then.

Rummpd
01-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Granted like many I am greatly concerned about the Spurs level of play and intensity (and the seemingly unusual rotations); but I also felt exactly the same way in last years Finals when the fast starting Spurs dominated games 1-2, only to get completetly hammered TWO straight in Detroit (granted both were on the road for the Spurs, but many of the same issues were there.)

Then the Spurs eaked out a win in 5, but many, after Pistons won in pretty convincing fashion game 6 back in TX, gave up hope for game 7 but the Spurs won when it counted.

This year the Pistons are obviously very motivated to return the favor and so far this year it has been all Pistons, but we have seen these two great teams have dynamic swings in dominance before.

The core squads are pretty much the same, one coach has changed, but if they meet if will all seemingly favor the Pistons, but will it really? One wonders if another swing back to equilibrium may occur, i.e. that the Pistons are not this good and the Spurs not really this bad.

That is why they play the games.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-13-2006, 10:47 PM
It truly is a coin-flip between these two teams...

Vinnie_Johnson
01-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Yup ditto it will come down to HCA will be big this year.

jochhejaam
01-13-2006, 11:07 PM
The core squads are pretty much the same, one coach has changed, but if they meet if will all seemingly favor the Pistons, but will it really? One wonders if another swing back to equilibrium may occur, i.e. that the Pistons are not this good and the Spurs not really this bad.

I think we have the stronger bench this year and our starting 5 is a more well-rounded team than last year, excelling offensively under coach Saunders while still maintaining defensive intensity
I think that the Pistons winning 5 of the last 7 against the Spurs, including 2 of 3 on the Spurs homecourt, equates to more than a swinging pendulum.

Peter
01-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Bench? Who? McDyess/Delfino/Evans? Get real. Det only had 34 bench minutes last night.

Saunders is burning his team out trying to win the January championship.

jochhejaam
01-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Bench? Who? McDyess/Delfino/Evans? Get real.

Yes Peter, that would be the stronger bench I'm speaking of and it's wishful thinking on your part the the team is being "burned out". :lol

Peter
01-13-2006, 11:16 PM
What's funny is your dumbass trying to convince yourself that wins in December and January mean anything. Your team doesn't have a bench, that's why Saunders is giving the starters heavy minutes. Pretty obvious. Even you should be able to figure it out.

Peter
01-13-2006, 11:17 PM
Seriously, are Detroit fans this fucking stupid? Apparently so. Titles aren't won in January. They're won in June and the last time I checked, it's 1-0 Spurs.

Poor bastards.

jochhejaam
01-13-2006, 11:17 PM
What's funny is your dumbass trying to convince yourself that wins in December and January mean anything. Your team doesn't have a bench, that's why Saunders is giving the starters heavy minutes. Pretty obvious. Even you should be able to figure it out.
You already lose the arguement by resorting to insults, that's what people use in place of valid arguements or facts.

If they didn't mean anything they wouldn't be played.

jochhejaam
01-13-2006, 11:19 PM
Seriously, are Detroit fans this fucking stupid? Apparently so. Titles aren't won in January. They're won in June and the last time I checked, it's 1-0 Spurs.

Poor bastards.
Again Peter, a weak arguement on your part, no one said anything about championships being won in January.

You do win the profanity/insult contest for what it's worth (nothing). :lol

Peter
01-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Typical. You have no response. All you have is to cry like the little bitch you are. What the fuck are you doing here? Nobody gives a fuck about your basketball or political takes.

01-13-2006, 11:21 PM

Sounds like the Spurs...

jochhejaam
01-13-2006, 11:22 PM
Typical. You have no response. All you have is to cry like the little bitch you are. What the fuck are you doing here? Nobody gives a fuck about your basketball or political takes.

And what have I cried about Pete?

Vingianx
01-13-2006, 11:22 PM
the Spurs are in cruise control right now, that's what they usually do every year except for last season when they started off really good till the end when they got injured but still kicked it up the notch needed to beat all the pretenders including the Pistons...

Peter
01-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Again Peter, a weak arguement on your part, no one said anything about championships being won in January.

Funny, for something that means so little you seem to think it means so much:

I think that the Pistons winning 5 of the last 7 against the Spurs, including 2 of 3 on the Spurs homecourt, equates to more than a swinging pendulum.

What a dumbfuck.

Peter
01-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Sounds like the Spurs...

Not really. Stick to the NFL.

jochhejaam
01-13-2006, 11:24 PM
the Spurs are in cruise control right now, that's what they usually do every year except for last season when they started off really good till the end when they got injured but still kicked it up the notch needed to beat all the pretenders including the Pistons...
Piston's players don't go into "cruise" mode. They want HCA and they owe it to their fans to try to win every game. Intensity from start to end.

jochhejaam
01-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Funny, for something that means so little you seem to think it means so much:

What a dumbfuck.
You completely lost it in what, 3 posts? :lol

01-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Not really. Stick to the NFL.

Yeah that's why TD played 39 minutes last night...

Stick to Initech.

Peter
01-13-2006, 11:38 PM
You completely lost it in what, 3 posts? :lol

Lost what? The notion that the Spurs losing the January championship means zero? The notion that you should find something else to do besides hanging around here like a redheaded stepchild?

boutons_
01-13-2006, 11:40 PM
When I saw how the Pistons were playing weeks ago, I said Finals HCA would be critical to winning a Spur/Pistons 06 Finals. The Pistons have said as much themselves.

Anybody think the Spurs can go into Auburn Hills next June for Games1,2 and get a split?

Peter
01-13-2006, 11:40 PM
Yeah that's why TD played 39 minutes last night...

Stick to Initech.

High on the team. Det had 4 players who played more last night.

Ginobili saw all of 29 minutes.

Just like GM and Ford are going bankrupt, so are Piston fans.

jochhejaam
01-13-2006, 11:44 PM

Okay Pete, you won the battle of fewest minutes played by the starters, congratulations. :lol

We only won the game. :depressed :lol

01-13-2006, 11:47 PM

And they're also playing without 2 of their top 9...

Parker, Bowen and Duncan are playing the same amount of minutes as their Piston counterparts. You think the Pistons give a shit of Rasho or Nazr is rested? :lol

Manu has never played heavy minutes b/c IMO it takes away from what he does best; hustle, intensity, etc.

Peter
01-13-2006, 11:47 PM
Congrats to Det on giving their starters 40+ min a night to win in January.

Too bad they can't get it done in June.

Peter
01-13-2006, 11:48 PM
And they're also playing without 2 of their top 9...

Parker, Bowen and Duncan are playing the same amount of minutes as their Piston counterparts. You think the Pistons give a shit of Rasho or Nazr is rested? :lol

Manu has never played heavy minutes b/c IMO it takes away from what he does best; hustle, intensity, etc.

Ginobili sees heavy minutes in the postseason.

I guess it's hard for you not to be excited about winning in January, being a Lions fan.

01-13-2006, 11:49 PM
Congrats to Det on giving their starters 40+ min a night to win in January.

Too bad they can't get it done in June.

Sure beats playing 39+ in a loss on Christmas like Bowen, Parker and Duncan did...

01-13-2006, 11:53 PM
Ginobili sees heavy minutes in the postseason.

I guess it's hard for you not to be excited about winning in January, being a Lions fan.

He averages 30 for his career, 33 last year in the postseason...

29 isn't a lot, but 33 is heavy :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
Detroit's bench is gonna be there biggest weakness that is no secret. but peter i think you're REALLY off base with your arguments. and even the pistons know championships aren't won in january but playing like they are they can set themselves with HCA throughout the real "championships" and dismantle our spurs the way they did the last 2 times they met

Peter
01-14-2006, 12:01 AM
He broke 40 a few times in the Finals. You know, when it matters. Not in January.

Peter
01-14-2006, 12:02 AM
Detroit's bench is gonna be there biggest weakness that is no secret. but peter i think you're REALLY off base with your arguments. and even the pistons know championships aren't won in january but playing like they are they can set themselves with HCA throughout the real "championships" and dismantle our spurs the way they did the last 2 times they met

Off base about what? January is nothing.

JamStone
01-14-2006, 12:19 AM
Championships aren't won in January ...

so shouldn't heated arguments of smack talk between the fans of two apparent title contenders not happen in January either?

This thread got really hateful quick. With the exception of a few, I think most Pistons fans respect the San Antonio Spurs and what their team has done over the last 7 years. I always thought most Spurs fans felt similar respect for what the Pistons have been able to accomplish over the last three seasons. A little smack talk is one thing, but the "dumbfuck, fuck you, bitch" stuff ... is it necessary?

leemajors
01-14-2006, 12:22 AM
it isn't. think of peter as an x factor i guess?

boutons_
01-14-2006, 12:54 AM
"Detroit's bench is gonna be there biggest weakness that is no secret"

Their starters plus Lindsay in the b/c and Antonio in the f/c will probably be their 7-man Finals rotation, just like Spurs had Brent in the b/c and Robert in the f/c.

I can't see that Pistons bench is any weaker than the Spurs bench.

Right now, with the way the Spurs bench has disappeared, I'd say the Pistons bench is both better and sufficient.

Rummpd
01-14-2006, 01:11 AM
I also have to agree the Spurs bench is a big, big dissapointment. 0 points out of Finley several times is not cutting it, and Pop has seemingly screwed up the confidence of Nazr, Beno and some others.
That being said Pop at some point will settle on a rotation and that will at least help.

Tanya
01-14-2006, 02:46 AM
Dice and Linsey are good. They are both good at DEFENSE. Dice can score 10+ points and grab 10+ rebounds a night. Evans will play better, Delfino will play better. I don't see big difference btw spurs and pistons bench.
Well both teams still have time to improve. We will see.

FreshPrince22
01-14-2006, 06:45 AM
The Piston's bench will be a ton better once Lindsey gets back. Right now, our bench gets killed by dribble penetration (Arroyo blows). Lindsey will cut that down dramatically. Also, right now, Maurice Evans and Carlos Delfino are battling out for the main backup swingman job. Once that gets worked out, one of them will be getting a lot more minutes, and we'll have some consistancy. Right now, it's hard for them to produce when we're mixing and matching to try to come up with a lineup that works. And Dice will be Dice.

Needless to say, other than having "names", I really don't see what is so great about the Spurs bench. Compare the benches in the 2 meetings (I'm counting Manu as a starter and Finley as a bench player in the 2nd game because that's where he'll be when it counts):

Dec 25th
Pistons bench: 56 minutes, 21 points (53% FG), 17 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 blocks, 0 TO
Spurs bench: 76 minutes, 20 points (39% FG), 10 rebounds, 8 assists, 1 block, 3 TO

Jan 12th
Pistons bench: 37 minutes, 10 points (39% FG), 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 0 blocks, 0 TO
Spurs bench: 79 minutes, 10 points (29% FG), 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 block, 2 TO

So I don't see how anyone can say the Pistons don't have a bench. They played about half the minutes, and outproduced the Spurs bench overall. The Pistons just don't need to use theirs so much because their starting 5 is so deep.

Nephets
01-14-2006, 06:53 AM
This Peter guy is pathetic.

Rummpd
01-14-2006, 07:02 AM
Right now at least 10 teams in the league I am sure are getting more off the bench than the Spurs.

This will only get worse temporarily when Manu goes back to start.

It is not a lack of talent, somehow the Spurs need to find the 3-4 solid players behind the starters for the playoffs.

Right now the Pistons have iidentified those guys better than the Spurs do. Only a homer would be happy with the way our bench is playing or being used. The Spurs have the talent to bridge the gap but must do so to win the championship over the Pistons or whoever they face to get there.

td4mvp21
01-14-2006, 10:01 AM
Our starters do not play much and that aggravates the fire out of me. How are we supposed to gell if our starters don't even play on the floor together that much? It's Pop screwing around with the rotations. Well, there are a lot of things that are going to have to happen before the Spurs cna play championship style basketball.
1. Get the lineups set, get messing with them.
2. Tim Duncan needs to be 90% or higher. Which that won't happen. But we will NOT repeat unless Duncan meets that criteria.
3. Gell. Whether its on the fast break, defense, whatever, just make it look smooth and become as strong as a team as possible.
I get so annoyed when I hear Pop say how lackadasical we are, and then I SEE ABOSLUTELY NO CHANGE THE NEXT GAME OR THE NEXT OR THE NEXT. He needs to do something to get this team motivated. I've been so disappointed with him since last year's playoffs. I know he has brought us rings, but he makes the stupidest decisions I hvae ever seen for a multiple ring winning coach. Not to mention that holds back Duncan and Ginobili to let Parker have free reign.

Peter
01-14-2006, 11:22 AM
This Peter guy is pathetic.

http://myspace-562.vo.llnwd.net/00419/26/58/419288562_m.jpg

Sure thing, Pee Wee Herman.

1Parker1
01-14-2006, 11:34 AM
Pistons bench is weak? That's news to me. Hunter and McDyess are more than enough to complete the Pistons 7 man rotation in the post-season. Spurs bench has the potential to be good, but so far they have not lived up to their expectations. Now, I expect Finley will have a bigger impact as the season moves along, but that's about it. Beno will not get many minutes in the post-season, if any, Nazr + Rasho=1 average Center, Horry is Horry, Barry I don't expect to see anything out of, and NVE will not see that many minutes and even if he does I don't see him having the kind of impact on the Spurs team that Hunter and McDyess have on the Pistons.

As someone else said, it's pretty much a coin-toss when it comes to Spurs or Pistons. Pistons currently have the edge because they are mentally tougher than the Spurs and more driven.

bdubya
01-14-2006, 12:28 PM
I think we have the stronger bench this year and our starting 5 is a more well-rounded team than last year, excelling offensively under coach Saunders while still maintaining defensive intensity

Our bench is stronger this year than it was last year, and is currently outperforming the Spurs' bench, but SA's bench has the potential to explode down the stretch - they're underperforming so far. And 5 out of the last 7 is cold, cold comfort, in light of losing 4 out of the last NINE. :cuss

GoSpurs21
01-14-2006, 01:14 PM
as long as Flip burns out his starting players in the regular season it's all good

JamStone
01-14-2006, 01:16 PM
As long as Tim Duncan continues to play 35+ mpg on plantar fasciitis, it's all good.

boutons_
01-14-2006, 01:20 PM
Pistons weren't burned out last Finals.
And they played the same MPG last year as this year.

Sounds like some Spurs fans are planning on beating the Pistons on rest vs fatigue, rather than beating them at basketball.

leemajors
01-14-2006, 01:44 PM
freshprince, you are way off. our bench had 5 turnovers compared to detroit's none. you guys got totally ourpoduced or something.

himat
01-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Granted like many I am greatly concerned about the Spurs level of play and intensity (and the seemingly unusual rotations); but I also felt exactly the same way in last years Finals when the fast starting Spurs dominated games 1-2, only to get completetly hammered TWO straight in Detroit (granted both were on the road for the Spurs, but many of the same issues were there.)

Then the Spurs eaked out a win in 5, but many, after Pistons won in pretty convincing fashion game 6 back in TX, gave up hope for game 7 but the Spurs won when it counted.

This year the Pistons are obviously very motivated to return the favor and so far this year it has been all Pistons, but we have seen these two great teams have dynamic swings in dominance before.

That is why they play the games.

that game showed nothing, these teams are very close. unlike last year though the pistons might have homecourt, they're determined to win, and the offense is less predictable. many piston fans thought it was the 4 fouls on mcdyess and rasheed in game 7 that lost us the game but it was the scoring drought. the pistons had many of those under brown. piston fans were angry at larry brown because after dice and sheed got 4 fouls he put tayshaun on duncan. the pistons had a 9 point lead and had to hold on for only 1 and half more quarters so if dice fouled out rasheed could probably last the rest of the game, or if sheed fouled out dice could last, but for some reason he threw tayshaun on duncan.

himat
01-14-2006, 03:02 PM

Poor bastards.

i never predict who wins championships, but i want to right now. you're the one who's stupid. the pistons are different, and no one is bragging about that game. i would take a tandem of a great defender in hunter, and a great playmaker in arroyo over a turnover prone udrih, and nick van exel who shoots bad shots a lot. finley is not even that good anymore, and barry is only offense while delfino is a good slasher, and finisher around the rim, maurice evans gives you hustle, boards, D, 3's and a guy who can get above the rim. dice gives us everything while horry gives you only offense. and i would take a guy who knows how to win in dale davis, and a good shotblocker in darko over rasho and oberto. look at some of the threads some of your spur fans are worried about the vabexel and finley tandem.

himat
01-14-2006, 03:05 PM

you idiot, that's what he's saying no one is bragging in detroit. the detroit bench isn't as weak as you think. when playoffs come hunter and dale davis will help the bench.

himat
01-14-2006, 03:09 PM
Pistons bench is weak? That's news to me. Hunter and McDyess are more than enough to complete the Pistons 7 man rotation in the post-season. Spurs bench has the potential to be good, but so far they have not lived up to their expectations. Now, I expect Finley will have a bigger impact as the season moves along, but that's about it. Beno will not get many minutes in the post-season, if any, Nazr + Rasho=1 average Center, Horry is Horry, Barry I don't expect to see anything out of, and NVE will not see that many minutes and even if he does I don't see him having the kind of impact on the Spurs team that Hunter and McDyess have on the Pistons.

As someone else said, it's pretty much a coin-toss when it comes to Spurs or Pistons. Pistons currently have the edge because they are mentally tougher than the Spurs and more driven.

i agree. the benches right now are pretty equal, but if finley and exel mesh it can become an advantage. i don't think there styles can mesh together into a good backcourt duo because neither defend and both like shooting shots themselves.

Marklar MM
01-14-2006, 04:16 PM
i never predict who wins championships, but i want to right now. you're the one who's stupid. the pistons are different, and no one is bragging about that game. i would take a tandem of a great defender in hunter, and a great playmaker in arroyo over a turnover prone udrih, and nick van exel who shoots bad shots a lot. finley is not even that good anymore, and barry is only offense while delfino is a good slasher, and finisher around the rim, maurice evans gives you hustle, boards, D, 3's and a guy who can get above the rim. dice gives us everything while horry gives you only offense. and i would take a guy who knows how to win in dale davis, and a good shotblocker in darko over rasho and oberto. look at some of the threads some of your spur fans are worried about the vabexel and finley tandem.

Horry is actually a pretty good defender...or at least I think so. :)

Peter
01-14-2006, 04:55 PM
you idiot, that's what he's saying no one is bragging in detroit. the detroit bench isn't as weak as you think. when playoffs come hunter and dale davis will help the bench.

You idiot, you and your boyfriends are spamming this forum as if the Pistons actually won something the other night.

Trapt1307
01-14-2006, 06:20 PM
What's funny is your dumbass trying to convince yourself that wins in December and January mean anything.

They do when June comes and your team has to play two game 7's in a row on the road. You really think the Spurs would have gone into Auburn Hills and won game 7? Not a chance.

If the Pistons wouldn't have had their heads collectively jammed in their assholes in November through February last season, they're talking three-peat right now.

Peter
01-14-2006, 06:21 PM
What is it with Pistons fans and lame excuses for losing the Finals?

Trapt1307
01-14-2006, 06:25 PM
That's lame? Please explain. And it's not really an excuse. It's the truth.

I have a lot of respect for the Spurs and their fans in general, but it's "fans" like you that act like the Spurs dominated the Pistons last year that make me laugh.

himat
01-14-2006, 09:01 PM
What is it with Pistons fans and lame excuses for losing the Finals?

i want to beat the crapp out of you right now. that's not an excuse you pussy. he said the spurs would of lost at detroit, but it was at san antonio now that the pistons won that game they are one step closer to having the last 2 games at home. no one else here is saying that's an excuse. if a fellow spur fan is saying that your judgment is wrong than it has to be. no detroit fan ever talks crapp until they've won only the non piston fans do that. you don't know anything about what you're saying. seriously ask any spur fan here after the pistons won no detroit fan, except maybe for x-factor was being a bitch like you.

himat
01-14-2006, 09:03 PM
You idiot, you and your boyfriends are spamming this forum as if the Pistons actually won something the other night.

no actually ask fellow members there have been piston fans here for a little bit, not everyone registered after the game. do you know anything you're saying?

bonesinaz
01-14-2006, 09:16 PM
What are there, like 5 Spurs fans on this thread and 35 piston fans?

I like Peter, he doesn't give up on his team in January like half the supposed Spur fans on this site.

Peter
01-14-2006, 09:19 PM
That's lame? Please explain. And it's not really an excuse. It's the truth.

I have a lot of respect for the Spurs and their fans in general, but it's "fans" like you that act like the Spurs dominated the Pistons last year that make me laugh.

I'm not the one trying to paint a Finals loss as a victory.

Peter
01-14-2006, 09:20 PM
i want to beat the crapp out of you right now. that's not an excuse you pussy. he said the spurs would of lost at detroit, but it was at san antonio now that the pistons won that game they are one step closer to having the last 2 games at home. no one else here is saying that's an excuse. if a fellow spur fan is saying that your judgment is wrong than it has to be. no detroit fan ever talks crapp until they've won only the non piston fans do that. you don't know anything about what you're saying. seriously ask any spur fan here after the pistons won no detroit fan, except maybe for x-factor was being a bitch like you.

Blah blah blah. Yeah, I guess you show up in January and disappear in June, much like your beloved team.

Peter
01-14-2006, 09:31 PM
What are there, like 5 Spurs fans on this thread and 35 piston fans?

I like Peter, he doesn't give up on his team in January like half the supposed Spur fans on this site.

Most of the "Spurs fans" here must be of the self-loathing emo variety.

mike detroit
01-14-2006, 10:05 PM
Bench? Who? McDyess/Delfino/Evans? Get real. Det only had 34 bench minutes last night.

granted it was against charlotte(you guys remember them right?), but the pistons had 7 players in double digits tonight.

FreshPrince22
01-14-2006, 10:21 PM

Tonight
McDyess: 22 minutes, 16 points (7 of 9), 4 boards, 2 steals, 1 block
Evans: 19 minutes, 18 points (7 of 11), 3 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal
Arroyo: 12 minutes, 4 points (1 of 1), 8 assists, 2 boards
Delfino: 10 minutes, 2 points (2 of 2 FT), 2 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 assist

And I'm not even going to post the garbage time guys.

Sure, the Pistons won't be giving the bench tons of minutes against top level teams, but they can most definately produce. They just don't have to against top teams because the starters are so good. No one has starters even close to the Piston's.

doldrums
01-14-2006, 11:10 PM
read Pistons game forums at detnews.co or mlive.com. They whine over every play claiming their guy was fouled and when they commit a foul they claim an NBA conspiracy. I must say it's a pleasure to read the Spurs blog and , for the most part, not read the whining. Pistons blogs are also vicious with violent tirades against Manu and even same referring to Arroyo as a PR. Please don't give Pistons fans that much credit for class.

Marklar MM
01-14-2006, 11:22 PM
read Pistons game forums at detnews.co or mlive.com. They whine over every play claiming their guy was fouled and when they commit a foul they claim an NBA conspiracy. I must say it's a pleasure to read the Spurs blog and , for the most part, not read the whining. Pistons blogs are also vicious with violent tirades against Manu and even same referring to Arroyo as a PR. Please don't give Pistons fans that much credit for class.

:)

bdubya
01-15-2006, 01:02 AM

Then why is your head exploding over a January loss? I don't see any Pistons fans here claiming the Thursday game meant anything other than one more regular-season game out of the way, but I do see one Spurs "fan" (hint: YOU) pissing his pants, foaming at the mouth and arguing with his own worst fears. It's kind of embarrassing to watch; please stop.

JamStone
01-15-2006, 01:13 AM
Tonight
McDyess: 22 minutes, 16 points (7 of 9), 4 boards, 2 steals, 1 block
Evans: 19 minutes, 18 points (7 of 11), 3 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal
Arroyo: 12 minutes, 4 points (1 of 1), 8 assists, 2 boards
Delfino: 10 minutes, 2 points (2 of 2 FT), 2 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 assist

And I'm not even going to post the garbage time guys.

Sure, the Pistons won't be giving the bench tons of minutes against top level teams, but they can most definately produce. They just don't have to against top teams because the starters are so good. No one has starters even close to the Piston's.

Come on, FreshPrince, why would you even post about Detroit's bench against a Charlotte Bobcats team that didn't even have Emeka Okafor, Sean May, Kareem Rush, or Melvin Ely, that played Gerald Wallace and Jumaine Jones at power forward, and were at Detroit off a back-to-back???

Do you just want the Spurs more argumentative fans to just keep debating with you?

Tonight's game in no way represents how much Flip has played them consistently throughout the season, nor is it a very good indication of their production (or lack thereof) so far this season.

Nephets
01-15-2006, 01:20 AM
We wouldn't be arguing if we were all Hawks fans!

Oh, and Peter, real manly of you to call me Pee Wee Herman in the mist of all of this. :rolleyes

Stay on topic at least you goon.

01-15-2006, 01:23 AM
Who's arguing? He hasn't made a solid point yet besides it's early in the season; we all agree on that no?

Nephets
01-15-2006, 01:26 AM
Peter is trying to start shit here with you Pistons fans, that's the problem here.

Every team has bullshit fans, so don't put anything negative slapped on Pistons fans that post here that actually contribute and don't flame the team in which the forum is based upon. And calling people names just goes to show Peter is immature.

FreshPrince22
01-15-2006, 02:16 AM
Come on, FreshPrince, why would you even post about Detroit's bench against a Charlotte Bobcats team that didn't even have Emeka Okafor, Sean May, Kareem Rush, or Melvin Ely, that played Gerald Wallace and Jumaine Jones at power forward, and were at Detroit off a back-to-back???

Do you just want the Spurs more argumentative fans to just keep debating with you?

You pointing these facts out is the only thing that is going to make them argumentative :lol So there! Look what you did!

Still, production is production. The bench got it going and let our starters rest. The post I replied to said Flip was going to wear out the Pistons going for the "January Championship" because or bench can't produce. It wasn't about the bench in regards to playing the Spurs. Today the bench stepped up so our starters got some big rest. That's all that matters.

Hopefully Maurice's 18 point game (including a couple treys) will get his confidence back up to where it was at the beginning of the season. That dude was absolutely on fire from three from pre-season through the first couple weeks.

Pistons_In_Four
01-15-2006, 03:36 AM
Peter is an idiot with an obvious lack of intelligence and basketball I.Q.

himat
01-15-2006, 11:46 AM
Blah blah blah. Yeah, I guess you show up in January and disappear in June, much like your beloved team.

lets have a bet then, if you think the pistons dissapear in the playoffs. pistons in 6.

himat
01-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Peter is an idiot with an obvious lack of intelligence and basketball I.Q.

got you there he won't back down, but his reasoning is stupid, he's so damn annoying. all he says is that pistons dissapear. if anything the pistons besides this season have underacheived in the regular season, but have done great come playoff time.

Pistons < Spurs
01-15-2006, 11:51 AM
Why are all of you wasting time even replying to "Peter". He's trolling. Trying to wind you all up a little....

Just ignore his ass.

himat
01-15-2006, 12:31 PM
Peter is trying to start shit here with you Pistons fans, that's the problem here.

Every team has bullshit fans, so don't put anything negative slapped on Pistons fans that post here that actually contribute and don't flame the team in which the forum is based upon. And calling people names just goes to show Peter is immature.

you're right he's immature.

himat
01-15-2006, 12:32 PM
Why are all of you wasting time even replying to "Peter". He's trolling. Trying to wind you all up a little....

Just ignore his ass.

it's a little hard. because his arguments are really wrong and he seems to not understand that.

mavsfan1000
01-15-2006, 02:08 PM
:lol at a spurs fan that is trolling on spurstalk. For a second I thought this was a pistons board. :lol

Rummpd
01-15-2006, 02:34 PM
It took a Mavericks fan to really give trolls a bad name (and I mean Mouse not you)

funkeepickle
01-15-2006, 03:52 PM
as long as Flip burns out his starting players in the regular season it's all good

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=nbaminutes&season=2006&league=nba

There you have it! Not a single Piston in the top 30 in minutes played. Why do people always worry about the Pistons starters getting burned out and not guys like AI, Kobe, and LeBron when they average at least 3-4 minutes more than any Piston starter?

himat
01-15-2006, 07:09 PM

There you have it! Not a single Piston in the top 30 in minutes played. Why do people always worry about the Pistons starters getting burned out and not guys like AI, Kobe, and LeBron when they average at least 3-4 minutes more than any Piston starter?

people overrate the fatigue factor because of the pistons last season. i think spur fans are relying on that to win them a championship right now.

Rummpd
01-15-2006, 07:30 PM
I also have to agree with that, if the Spurs win it will be because they step up with 8 -9 or so players, that is all usually plays anyway. Plus starters will go more minutes in the playoffs on both sides.

Spurs need in my opinion have to do three things to compete better with the Pistons:

1) Diversify their offense and include Manu early and often. So far, in the games with Finley it has been mainly Parker driving and looking to score or dish off.
2) For all the complaints about rebounding etc, the Spurs also have to hit their shots, they have been cold for much of the games - give credit to Pistons but the Spurs need to step up and hit some shots. Despite the low scoring by the Pistons, Spurs are also giving them too many wide open shots.
3) Worry about their own bench. Spurs can talk about a strong bench when they prove that what they have on paper can step up.

Peter
01-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Sorry you girls don't like someone actually being a Spurs fan around here. As for you "Pistons fans", I suggest you find another forum and a life.

L8.

leemajors
01-16-2006, 12:01 AM
people overrate the fatigue factor because of the pistons last season. i think spur fans are relying on that to win them a championship right now.

neither the pistons or spurs are guaranteed to get to the finals. you act as if the pistons have a free pass there, and whoever they play they will easily beat. anyone who watched the finals last year could tell the pistons were not tired in the last 5 games, so what is your point? i also can't remember how long ago it was that the team with the best regular season record actually won the title. that's why i think spurs fans sitting here developing roids about hca should cool it.

THE X-FACTOR
01-16-2006, 08:42 AM

All this while learning a new coach (Flip), a new offense (Flip's flex offense), an added defense (Flip's zone), incorporating inexperienced players Mo Evans, Carlos Delfino, and Darko Milicic, and without last seasons second player off the bench Lindsey Hunter. Not to mention an inconsistentback up point guard most Pistons fans want to trade in Carlos Arroyo, and a veteran big man Dale Davis who almost never plays who started on a playoff team last season. The Pistons have only played "Pistons defense" a half of dozen games this season and the scary fact is the Pistons are only going to get better and stronger as a team.

THE X-FACTOR
01-16-2006, 08:51 AM
Sure beats playing 39+ in a loss on Christmas like Bowen, Parker and Duncan did...

"Peter" I am only on the second page and you should of shut up a long time ago, you are digging a hole so deep you will never be able to insult yourself out of. I guess either pride or stupidity is making you hit the reply button.

THE X-FACTOR
01-16-2006, 08:57 AM
The Piston's bench will be a ton better once Lindsey gets back. Right now, our bench gets killed by dribble penetration (Arroyo blows). Lindsey will cut that down dramatically. Also, right now, Maurice Evans and Carlos Delfino are battling out for the main backup swingman job. Once that gets worked out, one of them will be getting a lot more minutes, and we'll have some consistancy. Right now, it's hard for them to produce when we're mixing and matching to try to come up with a lineup that works. And Dice will be Dice.

Needless to say, other than having "names", I really don't see what is so great about the Spurs bench. Compare the benches in the 2 meetings (I'm counting Manu as a starter and Finley as a bench player in the 2nd game because that's where he'll be when it counts):

Dec 25th
Pistons bench: 56 minutes, 21 points (53% FG), 17 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 blocks, 0 TO
Spurs bench: 76 minutes, 20 points (39% FG), 10 rebounds, 8 assists, 1 block, 3 TO

Jan 12th
Pistons bench: 37 minutes, 10 points (39% FG), 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 0 blocks, 0 TO
Spurs bench: 79 minutes, 10 points (29% FG), 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 block, 2 TO

So I don't see how anyone can say the Pistons don't have a bench. They played about half the minutes, and outproduced the Spurs bench overall. The Pistons just don't need to use theirs so much because their starting 5 is so deep.

Just because a bench does not play heavy minutes or score tons of points does not mean they are not a good bench, most nights they out produce the other teams bench in the (points/minutes) minutes they do play. The Pistons bench is young, inexperienced, playing more and continually getting better. The reason most benches play more minutes and score more points is because their five starters are not as talented as the Pistons five.

THE X-FACTOR
01-16-2006, 09:05 AM

Well if Flip would use the bench more they might have a better record, 3 of the 5 losses were on the second night of back to backs and they did come out flat and did get out rebounded in those games. If the Pistons would of had their legs maybe they could win some of those games instead of giving them away by over playing their starters.

himat
01-16-2006, 04:54 PM
neither the pistons or spurs are guaranteed to get to the finals. you act as if the pistons have a free pass there, and whoever they play they will easily beat. anyone who watched the finals last year could tell the pistons were not tired in the last 5 games, so what is your point? i also can't remember how long ago it was that the team with the best regular season record actually won the title. that's why i think spurs fans sitting here developing roids about hca should cool it.

i know they're not gauranteed, but the spurs and pistons should get there. the pistons and spurs won with 2nd seed in there conferences last year so a first seed would only help. last year the 2nd seeds were better teams than the first not this year though. and how could you not tell that the pistons were worn out by the end of last season i'm not making any excuses, but i don't think that should happen again. and it's very useful to have HCA in the finals because of the format.

the spurs and pistons are not locks but they are both heavy favorites to get back to the finals.