PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a job that you look forward to going to?

T Park
01-13-2006, 11:01 PM
If not "look forward" that you say, work? Eh, its not great, but it doesn't suck because of great people, and the work itself is interesting and fulfilling.

Do you have that job?

Question

exstatic
01-13-2006, 11:05 PM
Yes, now I do.

T Park
01-13-2006, 11:05 PM
BTW,

Kori, yes your answer is a big fatass yes. :)

:rollin

No question im a jealous Mfer of Kori's job.

StillBorn
01-13-2006, 11:07 PM
I love my job. I don't mind going in at all.

CharlieMac
01-13-2006, 11:08 PM
My position is better, so I'm happy.

Melmart1
01-13-2006, 11:17 PM
I work from home as a writer and have a few contracts. Some are great and pay great money, while others suck (500 words on 'how to repair your vinyl floor? zzzzzz!)... But, my new year's resolution last year was to never work retail again (six years at HEB was quite enough) so I am damned happy that I have been able to do that. I schedule work around my day and have flexible deadlines, me likey! And I earn twice what I was making after six years at HEB.

The only real drawback is the tax thing, having to make quarterly estimated tax payments and not being able to use the call-in tax thingy. The taxes are a hassle but other than that I love it.

FrankWhite
01-13-2006, 11:27 PM
If not "look forward" that you say, work? Eh, its not great, but it doesn't suck because of great people, and the work itself is interesting and fulfilling.

Do you have that job?

Question

hell yes.

spurschick
01-14-2006, 12:06 AM
Yes

angel_luv
01-14-2006, 12:14 AM
Yes!!!!!!

E20
01-14-2006, 12:17 AM
No.

In fact:

HELLLLLL FUCKING NOOOOO.

The people are alright, but the job is fucking bull shit. 8-hour day of doing nothing because there isn't anything to do. And FUCK. Always on the work list my name next to:

Clean Bathrooms. FUCK THAT

Last time some fucker took a phat dump and flushed and shit flowed all in the bathroom floor. Supervisor came up to me and said you wanna clean that shit all over the floor. In my head I say fuck this.

I get some cat litter off the shelf just toss it all over the floor, place a 'NOT WORKING SIGN' on it and leave.

KEDA
01-14-2006, 12:36 AM
I like my job, I wouldnt necessarialy LOVE it, but I like what I do.

T Park
01-14-2006, 01:38 AM
Nothin better than doin what you like, or love eh?

Makes me wish I had finished college.

angel_luv
01-14-2006, 02:02 AM
Why not go back?

Faccia di Angelo
01-14-2006, 02:04 AM
I like my job, and love the staff,kids and environment, but it is taking a toll on me and my body already. I'm considering taking another direction. But I do look forward to it.

Horry For 3!
01-14-2006, 02:07 AM
Yes. As I have no job right now.

I will be working somewhere in San Marcos or Austin in the summer though.

T Park
01-14-2006, 02:12 AM
Why not go back?

no time

no money

JoeChalupa
01-14-2006, 07:31 AM
Yes. I love what I do and work with great people.

chode_regulator
01-14-2006, 08:36 AM
i like my job when im doing maintenance but the majority of the rest of the marine corps, at least what i know of it, which im told "isnt the real marine corps" blows dirty hairy old wrinkly balls.
if youre going to join the military go airforce.

Sonia_TX
01-14-2006, 09:58 AM
My job is easy. I work from home (data entry for medical billing). It just gets boring because there isnt anybody to talk to but I dont' even have to 'dress up'. I'm in my PJ's all day. lol

Shelly
01-14-2006, 10:02 AM
I've been telecommuting for 13 years, so I can't complain.

Das Texan
01-14-2006, 10:24 AM
i'm going to be looking forward to my job that starts in a week.

for now i fucking hate and despise everything that is about my job.

HoratioCain
01-14-2006, 10:26 AM
I'd like to think so.

1Parker1
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
No!

Samr
01-14-2006, 01:02 PM
Well, my "job" is an off-and-on thing, dictated completely by my school scheduel, but when I am there I absolutely love every minute of it. The kids, the co-workers, the bosses- every single person there, without exception, is absolutely incredible and even when the day is not going well, it is still a blast because of them.

Though I acknowledge I have (if even subconsciously) a large bias due in no small part to the fact that it is the family bussiness, I love every minute of it and would not trade the job for anything in the world.

Few things, other than family, can make such a drastic difference in your happiness than being in a job you like, with people you respect. Even if it doesn't pay as much as another possition, which you may be equally qualified to perform, being able to come home with a smile on your face and the knowledge that you are doing what you love...that's something that is really hard to replace. And a lot of people are blind to that. Some people think that if they are making the most money for their abilities, then they are doing the right thing. Some people think that stress and anxiety just comes with the turf.

And I feel really, really bad for those people.

Tres_Till_it_MHz
01-14-2006, 01:20 PM
I just started a new job and it's freakin awesome, new field and new people. I can't wait to get to work now.

I was so tired of sitting in front of a PC all day answering dumb ass questions about computer shit. Now I get to ask some of my own.

2Blonde
01-14-2006, 03:29 PM
I was in Medical Sales until my lupus got bad and I wasn't allowed to work anymore. I loved every day of my job. But now I have been a wife and stay at home mom for the last 8 years and while it is the most worthwhile thing I will ever do, I don't know if I would say it is the most exciting or fulfulling choice. But it's what I have to do. I could never guarantee an employer that I could show up for work. I don't know how I will feel when I wake up. Sometimes I can't get out of bed, the meds make me really tired, I have lots of dr's appts, I have to be careful about germs because of my low WBC. But on the positve side, I get to see my daughter grow up. I know that if I had continued to work, I probably wouldn't be around to watch her graduate high school because I was wearing my body out. So this way I get plenty of rest. I just wish I had more energy so I could enjoy this stay-at-home job more.

McKenzie
01-15-2006, 12:48 AM
I like my job, and love the staff,kids and environment, but it is taking a toll on me and my body already. I'm considering taking another direction. But I do look forward to it.

Sounds like we may do the same thing. I love what I do. I'm just seriously exhausted at this point, though. And I have 4 months to go before I get a real break. It's cool. I'm hangin'. I love my life right now.

midgetonadonkey
01-15-2006, 01:36 AM
I'd rather get a raging case of herpes than return to my job. I fucking hate my work, my coworkers, my bosses, my commute. I feel I am way to smart to be doing the bullshit I'm doing. That is why I decided to work on a book of short stories tentatively titled, Pinto Beans: A Collection of Short Stories by an Overweight, Drug Addicted Brown Man. I have 5 stories done with and am looking in the Writer's Market 2006 for places that will buy my extremely strange, yet hilarious, stories. If anyone wants to read one let me know. I'm willing to share.

Melmart1
01-15-2006, 01:52 AM
Midget, I would like to read one of your stories. And if you are looking to get paid to write, look at the Craiglist ads for the bigger cities like NYC, Boston etc... There are ads for different independent contractor type things, which is how I earn my money. There are also a lot of literary-type websites and print anthologies looking for submissions. PM me if you would like a full list of resources, I have many.

Also, a book came out a few years back called "It's All in the Frijoles" that is a collection of Mexican-themed short stories. Your title reminded me of that book, although that one sucked. It was too positive for my more pessimistic literary taste. They should have called it "Frijoles for the Soul" like those chicken soup books.

TxJudsonRocketTx
01-15-2006, 02:47 AM
I work at this Family Entertainment Center here in Tucson and its basically a giant arcade, sports bar, with 30 lanes of bowling and packed on the weekends with hot sluts and birthday parties. And its great because almost every girl that works there is attractive and single so hell yea I look forward to going to work.