PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to say

spurs=bling
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
we just got a call about an hour ago. it was one of the friends of the family, she told us that her 2 month old baby girl had passed away and the doctors said it was SIDS( Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). and none of know what to say to her. i can't imagine what she is going through. i know i shouldn't be posting this, but we can't find the words to say. even though i know nothing we say can help her. i just can't believe that this happened.

Kori Ellis
01-14-2006, 12:02 AM
:cry

There's nothing really to say. Just offer your condolences and support. And lend a helping hand to their family if they need anything.

angel_luv
01-14-2006, 12:04 AM
Say a prayer Blingy and then follow Kori's advice. I'll pray for you and them.

clooneyschick04
01-14-2006, 12:07 AM
Kori and Veronica are right. There's really nothing you can say. My prayers are with you and the baby's family.

Guru of Nothing
01-14-2006, 12:08 AM
If there are older siblings of the deceased, make sure to reach out and comfort them. It's a very confusing time for them.

spurs=bling
01-14-2006, 12:11 AM
If their are older siblings of the deceased, make sure to reach out and comfort them. It's a very confusing time for them.

she has an other girl, she is 7

angel_luv
01-14-2006, 12:12 AM
Great thought Guru!

Guru of Nothing
01-14-2006, 12:14 AM
she has an other girl, she is 7

That's very tough. That seven year-old girl will need lots of love.

Guru of Nothing
01-14-2006, 12:19 AM
Great thought Guru!

A year or so ago, a guy at work with a four year old daughter lost his two month old baby to some sort of infection. It was heart-wrenching.

KEDA
01-14-2006, 12:33 AM
Ill say a prayer for everyone involved, I can only imagine how the 7 year old feels.

my condolences :(

Faccia di Angelo
01-14-2006, 01:54 AM
That is just heartbreaking. I work with young children and I am required to take a training every year on SIDS. Its amazing how many people actually don't know what it is, but it is one of the leading killers of young infants/children. There's a slogan that is pushed that says, "Back to sleep," meaning its very important to put small children on their backs and not their stomachs to sleep. This is supposed to reduce them possibly dying of SIDS. Every parent should be aware of that.
Its hard to comfort parents who've lost a child to SIDS b/c there isn't really a clear explanation of what it is or the causes. Its a heartbreaker, and like everyone has said, just try to be there for your friend and her young child. All of you will be in my prayers. :(

spurs=bling
01-14-2006, 06:51 PM
That is just heartbreaking. I work with young children and I am required to take a training every year on SIDS. Its amazing how many people actually don't know what it is, but it is one of the leading killers of young infants/children. There's a slogan that is pushed that says, "Back to sleep," meaning its very important to put small children on their backs and not their stomachs to sleep. This is supposed to reduce them possibly dying of SIDS. Every parent should be aware of that.
Its hard to comfort parents who've lost a child to SIDS b/c there isn't really a clear explanation of what it is or the causes. Its a heartbreaker, and like everyone has said, just try to be there for your friend and her young child. All of you will be in my prayers. :(

she had put her on her back to sleep. but the doctors told her if she was too warm she could have fallen into a deep sleep which made it hard for her to wake up.

its just sad, i had taken care of her last week.

ALVAREZ6
01-14-2006, 07:45 PM
That sucks...terrible news.

Prayers to their family, I can't imagine what that feels like...