PDA

View Full Version : NVE and the Quick Shot

SenorSpur
01-14-2006, 02:57 AM
In light of everything else we can critique following such a horrible loss, I take this time to express my growing frustrations with NVE and his penchant for the quick shot.

Don't get me wrong, when Nick is on - he's on. But too many times, I see him come down court 1 on 3 or 2 on 3 and he usually launches a quick shot from beyond the arc. Since he's shooting the 3 at a career-low, he would be better served working for a better shot or perhaps setting up a teammate for an even better one.

Any thoughts?

Amuseddaysleeper
01-14-2006, 03:09 AM
NVE is the antoine walker of our team only much much worse

he needs to be benched for life. every shot he hit against us when he was with dallas is now absolutely non existent in his reportoire. granted that dallas series was 3 years ago, the dude is just finished

Rynospursfan
01-14-2006, 03:18 AM
I have never been a fan of the transition 3 unless its on a video game. But come on man much much worse than Cybertwain that is insane. Nick will be needed in the playoffs, count on it.

xcoriate
01-14-2006, 04:09 AM
I like the quick three from NVE, or the fake three that becomes 3 foul shots when they leap at him. Sure hes been missing em, but hey what do you want him to do, become a shooter that doesn't shoot? A Hedo or Barry (it pained me greatly to say Barry)?

Players have a game and anyone who wants them to change it 13 years or whatever into his career is a fool. In fact players are the way they are, period. You don't craft players you craft the team.

PM5K
01-14-2006, 04:36 AM
No matter what anyone says here he's better than Beno. Beno is a great talent, but he's not ready for Prime Time, he turns the ball over far too often and is nowhere near as good of a passer as NVE. Now Beno might shoot threes better than NVE right now, NVE hasn't found his stride just yet, but as mentioned it's what we all wish Barry would do, shoot the fucking rock, and come play off time I'd rather see NVE take a big three than Beno no matter how well NVE has been playing, but I think he'll come around....

BPE...

Dre_7
01-14-2006, 04:58 AM
I also like the quick three. I hope NVE keeps shooting that quick three and also that driving teardrop/hookshot that he has.

boutons_
01-14-2006, 09:02 AM
"the quick three"

Do you also like his 31% on 3Gs? That places him 397th (correction: 161st) in NBA 3G%.

Only Tim, Tony, and Beno shoot 3Gs worse than Nick.

31% wouldn't hurt so bad if the Spurs could get some of the numerous the offensive RBs Nick, Michael, and Brent produce.

ALVAREZ6
01-14-2006, 09:16 AM
"the quick three"

Do you also like his 31% on 3Gs? That places him 397th in NBA 3G%.

Only Tim, Tony, and Beno shoot 3Gs worse than Nick.
And that's because Beno never plays, he had a great 3-point % last season.

leemajors
01-14-2006, 11:54 AM
if he gives it up it will come back. he should take a wide open 3 when he has it, or even if it's just a heat check. otherwise he should try and let the ball come to him. i have seen him make some great passes to manu cutting to the basket this year (before manu got hurt). i just want the chance for more stuff like that to happen.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-14-2006, 12:55 PM
glad to see others liked the quick three too