PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Em Up and Fry Um'

Nbadan
01-14-2006, 03:24 AM
Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:27 PM ET
By Jim Christie

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said on Friday he would not spare the life of the state's oldest condemned man Clarence Ray Allen, who is scheduled for execution on Tuesday, a day after he turns 76.

Allen, who is legally blind, uses a wheelchair and suffers from chronic heart disease and diabetes, would be the second-oldest man executed in the United States in recent decades.

A 77-year-old man in Mississippi last month became the oldest person executed in the United States since it resumed capital punishment in 1977.

"His conduct did not result from youth or inexperience, but instead resulted from the hardened and calculating decisions of a mature man," Schwarzenegger said in statement explaining why he denied clemency to Allen.

Reuters (http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=politicsNews&storyID=2006-01-13T232739Z_01_N13368859_RTRUKOC_0_US-CRIME-EXECUTION-CALIFORNIA.xml)

Well, that's one way to deal with all these old dead-beats on Medicare and SS.

SA210
01-14-2006, 03:56 AM
yea, cuz this old blind man in a wheel chair is such a threat to society. Way to go Arnold.

Nbadan
01-14-2006, 04:20 AM
Yep, I fail to see how this guy is a continuing threat to society. It's not about justice anymore, it's about cold-blooded vengence.

gtownspur
01-14-2006, 05:36 PM
I guess if you swallow twinkies in prison and scarf down lard tacos in prison all leading to heart disease and diabetes, you could get off death row in NbaDan's version of justice.

BUt on the other hand if you swallow prison twinkies and rim Beef Tacos in prison, then you are second only to SA210 in being a fairy assed prison bitch.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2006, 05:52 PM
Actually, if you swallow Twinkies then kill a mayor and gay council member, you won't go to prison at all.

gtownspur
01-14-2006, 06:07 PM
^:rollin

so true, Atleast in california.

xrayzebra
01-14-2006, 07:57 PM
^:rollin

so true, Atleast in california.

At least Arnold had enough balls to tell it like it "really" was. The guy
was in his fifties when did the crime. Like the title says: Wheel Em Up and
Fry Um' - sounds like a good plan to me. RIP let God decide his other life.

Vashner
01-14-2006, 11:56 PM
He had 4 people murdered idiot.

SA210
01-15-2006, 01:28 AM
I guess if you swallow twinkies in prison and scarf down lard tacos in prison all leading to heart disease and diabetes, you could get off death row in NbaDan's version of justice.

BUt on the other hand if you swallow prison twinkies and rim Beef Tacos in prison, then you are second only to SA210 in being a fairy assed prison bitch.

Gtown, with more homerotic comments.You, Vashner and Xray always say things like this, and then try really hard to prove your manhood. I think you need to see Dr. Phil about some personal issues.

xrayzebra
01-15-2006, 11:59 AM
Gtown, with more homerotic (that should be spelled homoerotic)(Please if you are going to make comments about us at least spell the words correctly, okay?) comments.You, Vashner and Xray always say things like this, and then try really hard to prove your manhood. I think you need to see Dr. Phil about some personal issues.

Yeah, we keep talking to Liberals who call us "hate mongers" "queers"
"homophobic" (that doesn't compute, how can you be both). Wimps
and any sundry other little niceties.

And then group us all into one group when she doesn't know any of us
on a personal basis.

Arnold did the right thing. The man was found quilty by a court, reviewed
by numerous courts. Now let him be punished as the law demands.

Jamtas#2
01-15-2006, 12:10 PM
The debate over the death penalty is one issue to this. The other is the Governor's denial of clemency. My feeling is that the governor by denying clemecy is doing so to uphold the sentenance given to this man by the courts. I think if the Governor grants clemency to prove a political point or personal feeling about the death penalty, it does a disservice to the legal system by superceeding the ruling. It is a right the governor has to do so, but I think he wants to abide by the court's decision in the matter rather than let his personal beliefs (which may just agree with the death penalty for all I know) decide.
As in the case with Tookie, the reason people want clemency granted is not the actions or age of the sentenced, but the strong feeling against the death penalty itself. I am going out on a limb here, but I do think that the majorty of the opponents to this execution and Tookie's execution would oppose the death penalty in any situation. So making issue about the sentenced's age or reformed actions is not the real reason they believe in the clemency, it is because they just oppose the death penalty period.

implacable44
01-15-2006, 01:45 PM
Yep, I fail to see how this guy is a continuing threat to society. It's not about justice anymore, it's about cold-blooded vengence.

yeah screw the crimes he committed -- i mean who cares about those ruined lives and murders he is accountable for - let him live his days out in prison at the expense of the tax payers and screw the families of the innocent seeking justice -- oh yeah and screw that legal decision that was handed down by a jury of his peers as provided in the constitution --screw the law -- lets fight for the rights of the guilty --- yeah -- i see your point NBADANRATHER - FREE SADDAM!!!