PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless

TxJudsonRocketTx
01-14-2006, 03:25 AM
Does anyone else completely hate this guy? I have read/heard a lot of bad sportswriters and sportscasters in my life (Stephen A. Smith, Walton, Peter Gammons) but this guy is by far the worst. He always manages to be completely off with every prediction and projection, yet he still takes up valuable TV time which he uses to annoy me with his robot-like movements and idiotic looking hand gestures...did I mention his annoying voice? You can tell this guy was picked on extensively from pre-school to at least college and thats just going off of his weak body language. In the past few weeks I have seen him pick USC to trouce Texas 35-17, seen him pick the Bengals to win the AFC, and then go back and say USC would still beat Texas 7/10 times if they played that much. I absolutely hate this guy, please tell me im not alone.

http://www.knbr.com/rickBarry/graphics/skipBayless.jpg

TxJudsonRocketTx
01-14-2006, 03:48 AM
I was brushing my teeth and realized he may not be as annoying as SAS but the fact of the matter is that at the end of the day...he still sucks. Where is SAS to comment on this?

TheTruth
01-14-2006, 08:41 AM
yeah, he pretty much sucks...

Spam
01-14-2006, 12:40 PM
I like him.

CharlieMac
01-14-2006, 04:02 PM
I used to talk shit about how bad Cold Pizza is a few years ago. Now I watch it when SportsCenter is covering Lebron or Kobe, which is pretty much every single day.

Melmart1
01-14-2006, 06:12 PM
He is still waaay better than that tool Woody Paige that he argues with everyday.

Stephen A Smith
01-14-2006, 08:46 PM
Hey Boy, Skip is my bitch in the Southwest, so, quite frankly, you can kiss my @$$. I was wondering when I could pop in on the make-believe World Chumps. HA

GO PHILLY

JudgeBean2000
01-14-2006, 09:51 PM
At first I thought this was about this guy:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0684800063.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I was thinking "Who could hate HIM?!"

LOL

TxJudsonRocketTx
01-14-2006, 10:14 PM
The chef probaly has more sports knowledge than Bayless does, but Woody Paige < Skip Bayless?!?!??! Are you crazy? I never see Woody Paige having to apologize after predicting a game, whereas every week Skip Bayless has to mention how wrong he was and how stupid he was.

JMarkJohns
01-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Worst day of my life was when I sat down to watch PTI and both Clueless and Screamin' A were the hosts. I never changed a channel faster in all. my. life...

Both are complete schmucks who'll say anything to get a rise.

Worst kind of "reporting" that there is.

Willinsa
01-15-2006, 01:30 AM
Anyone remember the book he wrote in the mid 90's were he said that Switzer called Aikman "a gay boy".

TxJudsonRocketTx
01-15-2006, 01:45 AM
lol I always thought Troy fancied the boys. But yea I hate PTI with SAS and Bayless, two of the biggest idiots in the sports world by far. Really I hate PTI with anyone but Wilbon and Kornheiser, SAS and Skip are better suited for Cheap Seats or covering spelling bees.

samikeyp
01-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Clueless and Screamin' A

:lol

N.Y. Johnny
01-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Skip Bayless is ok, he's a tool at times but he's ok, sometimes he defended the Spurs when I watched Woody Paige try to be funny and pile on them.

By far the biggest shit heads in sports are on ESPN RADIO

sans Mike and Mike, cause they're half assed decent, but Erik Kuselias takes the cake

so does that stupid Hole that sits with Fred Solomon on the weekends.

TxJudsonRocketTx
01-16-2006, 12:25 AM
I could care less if he defends or trashes us, I still hate that mans guts.

JMarkJohns
01-16-2006, 02:02 AM
In my opinion, it's a coinflip sicheation in reguards to which is the worst.

Bayless gets my vote because he could be a quality writer, but instead picks fights and he has some solid opinions, but chooses to be overly critical, bordering on Jerkoffish just because it will get people's attention. Smith has always been a pompous prick. Bayless kind of just got worse and worse the more he got paid.

TxJudsonRocketTx
01-16-2006, 04:14 AM
I heard a that when Skip was in 3rd grade, Skip Bayless was forced by his fellow classmates to clean a toilet seat...with his tongue.

vincerodriguez23
01-16-2006, 04:23 AM
i fucking hate skip bayless. he can suck my balls. but i like stephen a. smith, im always welcome in his house

Extra Stout
01-16-2006, 10:47 AM
TV sports talking heads are not paid to be right or to make sense. They are paid to have strong opinions and be outrageous, because that is what gets ratings.

ESPN likes guys like Bayless because people will watch them just to see what ridiculous thing they say next. Level-headed, knowledgeable people like David Aldridge get fired.

JMarkJohns
01-16-2006, 12:36 PM
ESPN likes guys like Bayless because people will watch them just to see what ridiculous thing they say next. Level-headed, knowledgeable people like David Aldridge get fired.

"The Phoenix Suns will regret taking Amare Stoudemire over Jared Jeffries..."
- David Aldridge

hahaha, but you're correct. Nothing but idiots. Stein, Bucher, Smith, Bayless...

Whatever happened to Elliot working for them? He was great.

Extra Stout
01-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Whatever happened to Elliot working for them? He was great.
He didn't buy into the official ESPN line, "The Spurs are horrible to watch and are bad for the NBA."

Melmart1
01-16-2006, 01:22 PM
There was a lot of speculation as to why Sean wasn't offered a new contract by ESPN, but I am not sure if anyone knows why for sure. Doesn't matter though, cus he has a cushy job with Spurs broadcasting and is a fan fave.

As for why I think Skip is better than Woody, its because Skip was a good writer, and still can be on occasion, whereas Woody was always an awful writer. He is also an idiot who was a total Denver homer, and now is a NYC homer since he moved there. So it's just a personal opinion on my part.

Melmart1
01-16-2006, 02:09 PM
The speculation was that either Sean was too much of a Spurs homer, or that he would not toe the company line by saying the Spurs were boring and stuff. I find it hard to believe that ESPN would not re-hire him for that reason. Seems to me that he is just not controversial enough and doesn't come off like a raving lunatic like some basketball analysts there, so they choose not to continue with him. The ironic thing is, if he was half as much fun on ESPN as he is on the local broadcasts, they may have kept him on, imho.

Even if it is for those reasons, no way ESPN will admit to it, though. So in the end, nobody knows for sure.