PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Insurance...

Das Texan
01-14-2006, 10:22 AM
Who is a good carrier for an individual policy? Since I'm going into real estate and will now be an independent contractor, I'm going to need to find some type of health insurance out there, just wanting ot know if yall have any suggestions before I really start my research on the various companies out there.

Thanks!

Shelly
01-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Whatever you get, make sure it's not an HMO.

I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield of CA PPO. No complaints.

Das Texan
01-14-2006, 10:31 AM
well i know fully well how HMO's work, since I work for one right now :lol

Shelly
01-14-2006, 10:41 AM
:lol You're one step ahead then!

FromWayDowntown
01-14-2006, 11:05 AM
I'll second Shelly's vote for a PPO. My employer offers a PPO and it makes life so very easy when I need to see a doctor. I have no idea if PPOs are available in individual policies, but if you can find one, it's worth it.

leemajors
01-14-2006, 02:02 PM
they are. bcbs offers a couple with varying deductibles. mine is around $200 a month for a $2500 ded.

SequSpur
01-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Get a broker who can take your info and provide you with quotes from all carriers... its a free service, if you need a number let me know.

supaphly119
01-15-2006, 01:21 AM
BCBS is generally regarded as the best, i think

Das Texan
06-21-2006, 08:51 PM
I never actually got around to doing this.

It would be for medical only, dont care about dental, already have vision.

Thanks again folks.

Kori Ellis
06-21-2006, 09:53 PM
I have Unicare PPO (I'm an independent contractor too) and I'm fairly happy with it (I had to fight about one claim but I got it covered). They have a lot of different plans to meet your needs.

Das Texan
06-21-2006, 09:54 PM
thanks kori.

i had seen them on ehealthinsurance.com and their plans looked intriguing.

Kori Ellis
06-21-2006, 09:59 PM
thanks kori.

i had seen them on ehealthinsurance.com and their plans looked intriguing.

I have the Platinum Performance PPO with $600 deductible. First four doctors visits of the year are $30 co-pay. After that, it's 80/20. Prescriptions are $10.

Kevin Trudeau
06-21-2006, 10:03 PM
Whatever you do, make sure you only see a health care practioner who ONLY uses herbal remedies and natural cures.

And DO NOT get a medical doctor who uses presciption drugs or surgery to care for you seeing as how ALL prescription and non-prescription drugs cause sickness and disease.

By the way, colonics are not usually covered by insurance, and it's something everyone needs dearly. You will probably have to fork out for that one.

But after you cleanse your colon, you'll thank me and you will feel much lighter, you'll have more energy, and your body itself will no longer crave those junk foods, and you'll actually love the taste of fruits and vegetables like never before. You''ll feel much better.

Good luck in real estate and remember, eat only organic. :tu