PDA

View Full Version : This team is hopelessly lazy.

tim_duncan_fan
01-14-2006, 02:50 PM
Getting outrebounded by twenty has nothing to do with coaching or anything like that. A little bit of it is lack of athleticism but most of it is that the spurs players are lazy and wont go out of their way to get a rebound. If the ball doesn't fall into the their hands the spurs wont go after it and so we lose the rebounding game by 24+

phyzik
01-14-2006, 05:56 PM
I wouldnt necessarily say lazy but it is probably my biggest pet-peve with this team that they dont go after second chance points unless the ball literally falls in their hands. :pctoss

boutons_
01-14-2006, 06:12 PM
Spurs get a rebbounding break in the next two games.

Grizz are even worse at rebounding.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/sortable_team_statistics/sortable2.html?cnf=1&prd=1#top

:)

ALVAREZ6
01-14-2006, 06:22 PM
That really pisses me off when we get out-rebounbed by that much....

We don't have many physical big guys willing to do some dirty work...I wish we still had Kevin Willis.

Rummpd
01-14-2006, 06:25 PM
We have exactly what we need, especially on the offensive boards in Nazr, but alas he sits.

1Parker1
01-14-2006, 07:47 PM
I wouldnt necessarily say lazy but it is probably my biggest pet-peve with this team that they dont go after second chance points unless the ball literally falls in their hands. :pctoss

That is very, very true. I didn't realize it until you just said it. The only player on our team who seems to have fire is Manu, and that's just not enough. Every single Pistons player, even their bench players are always up for a fight and who go after loose balls and tip out offensive rebounds.

boutons_
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
I don't think expecting only Rasho/Nazr to step up their rebounding to pick up any slack from Tim is the answer. They could obviously do better, but rebounding is a team sport. All the players need to grab 1 or 2 RBs more per game, say up from current 42 to 45, we'd be the best RB team in the league in total RBs.

For RB diff, for all their big f/c rebounders, Detroit is actually only 12th in RB diff,
+0.39, below SA at 10th, +1.13.

As Doug Collins said during the Pistons game, RB alone can be a misleading characteric, but when a team is out rebounded by 15+ RBs, it is.

Spurs getting destroyed on the boards, esp offensive, in some games is the problem. The destruction is so great only the complete team can fix it, not just the big guys.

T Park
01-14-2006, 08:17 PM
I wish we still had Kevin Willis

He couldn't rebound when he was here either.

He wouldn't do any good.

Peter
01-14-2006, 09:27 PM
As long as Nesterovic and Horry get heavy rotation minutes, the rebounding is going to suck versus Detroit. Obviously, Horry is worth keeping on the court. Rasho is another story. Couple that with the rebounding edge that Detroit has at the 3. What's Big Dog up to these days?

ALVAREZ6
01-14-2006, 09:38 PM
What's Big Dog up to these days?
Who cares, he's trash.

SenorSpur
01-15-2006, 03:58 PM
Rebounding is a true reflection as to how aggressive a team is. The fact that the Spurs have been beaten soundly on the glass is clearly an indication as to the passive and uninspired effort they are giving.

exstatic
01-15-2006, 04:04 PM
This team's fans are hopelessly spoiled.

Extra Stout
01-16-2006, 09:55 AM
The difference between Nazr Mohammed and Rasho Nesterovic when playing Detroit could not be more striking.

Brutalis
01-16-2006, 09:58 AM
We need an Adonal Foyal. A Dale Davis. A rugged bastard that doesn't take shit to fuel some fire in our boys.