PDA

View Full Version : WMD...From the Eyes of an 8y/o girl

hussker
01-14-2006, 08:16 PM
I am a relatively moderate conservative. My wife is a relatively moderate liberal. My 8y/o daughter heard a new song...for her...

So, I am driving down the road to the aTm vs OU BB game. The song "One Tin Soldier" by Coven comes on my MP3 player in my car. My eight yr old thinks it is a great song and has me play it over and over.

She said it was sad that the Valley People killed the Kingdom people for Peace on Earth. I explained to her that situations like that are called irony.

She looked at me and said..."Kinda like we killed people looking for those WMDs huh?"

I am still sitting here with my jaw dropped. A totally unsolicited response from an exposed 8 y/o 3rd grade child in a conservative community. God Bless her!

Thought you might enjoy that on this Forum

hussker
01-14-2006, 08:21 PM
No, I am raising a daughter who can think for herself, though I do not agree with what she thinks...That is, my friend, VERY AMERICAN

Stephen A Smith
01-14-2006, 08:50 PM
Quite frankly, I think you are both full of shit if you do not have time to spend on SAS, and I mean ME, not your podunk ass World Chump San Antonio Spurs!

xrayzebra
01-14-2006, 09:57 PM
Quite frankly, I think you are both full of shit if you do not have time to spend on SAS, and I mean ME, not your podunk ass World Chump San Antonio Spurs!

Which means, time for a commercial. I think.

Oh, and the Spurs are winning at the moment. :lol

hussker
01-14-2006, 10:23 PM
Figures I would try to post something serious and get this!

Stephen A Smith
01-14-2006, 10:24 PM
Quite frankly, what did you expect bitch?

FromWayDowntown
01-14-2006, 11:46 PM
Figures I would try to post something serious and get this!

I'm with your original sentiment, there, hussker. And I think it's admirable that you recognize and relish her independent thought, despite your disagreement with her sentiment. Spot on.

hussker
01-15-2006, 12:09 AM
I'm with your original sentiment, there, hussker. And I think it's admirable that you recognize and relish her independent thought, despite your disagreement with her sentiment. Spot on.

Thanks FWD...but I have to kick back and think about it myself I guess. I just retired from 23 yrs of USAF Service and I wonder how much I was slanted in my own thought processes. Oh, from the innocent mouths of babes. She is the same little girl who dealt with my going to Afghanistan in 2004 by saying, "You know daddy, you are probably going to get shot and die, but that is ok. Lots of people do in a war and I will take care of mommy." That was said to me by my THEN 6 y/o daughter outside the Outback Steakhouse on 1604 and I-35 the night before I left for Kabul, Afghanistan in Mar 2004.

I am glad she was wrong...and so is she!

gtownspur
01-15-2006, 12:23 AM
Obviously the song led her to conclude with what was happening today. Any above average to smart 8 yr old would of drawn the same conclusion. That song is riddled with pacifist ideology, so figures.

Also when you were gone, who knows how your daughter saw your wife greive, in which led your daughter see the negative side of military service. But that's just a conclusion, assumption, and it could be very well that your daughter is just above the rest of her peers and she's in the early stages of forming her own standards and principles.

hussker
01-15-2006, 12:40 AM
Obviously the song led her to conclude with what was happening today. Any above average to smart 8 yr old would of drawn the same conclusion. That song is riddled with pacifist ideology, so figures.

Also when you were gone, who knows how your daughter saw your wife greive, in which led your daughter see the negative side of military service. But that's just a conclusion, assumption, and it could be very well that your daughter is just above the rest of her peers and she's in the early stages of forming her own standards and principles.

1) Define above average to smart...my wife is a child psychologist and thinks you have defined a new standard.

2) The song is riddled with pacifist ideology, but how many adults, let alone 8 y/o would have listened, absorbed and applied?

3) While I was gone, My wife did not grieve. She is very strong and probably enjoyed the break. When I returned, it was like I was never gone.

4) My daughter is equal with her peers overall. She excels in some areas and lags in others relative to her peer group. Regression to the mean leaves her in the normal range.

5) My daughter probably has an advantage in that she is bilingual (English/Japanese) and bicultural. That is likely the only advantage.

gtownspur
01-15-2006, 12:52 AM
1) well, there are kids who are above the standard in intelligence, i don't think you need an agenda driven university study to figure that out. THere are those 9 year old chess geniuses, and then there are those kids who just can't process knowledge efficiently.. to put it nicely... they're slow.

There are many instances of kids who display a very high form of intelligence. I wonder if you're wife has ever heard of child prodigies. But.. . Oh, you're wife is liberal..... well that's just generalization. But it could be that were she studied, her professor was very PC. But again, i'm just ASSuming.

hussker
01-15-2006, 01:03 AM
1) well, there are kids who are above the standard in intelligence, i don't think you need an agenda driven university study to figure that out. THere are those 9 year old chess geniuses, and then there are those kids who just can't process knowledge efficiently.. to put it nicely... they're slow.

There are many instances of kids who display a very high form of intelligence. I wonder if you're wife has ever heard of child prodigies. But.. . Oh, you're wife is liberal..... well that's just generalization. But it could be that were she studied, her professor was very PC. But again, i'm just ASSuming.

WJ III? WISC IV? How do you measure? How Many SD above Norm do you need to be "gifted", "Intelligent"? Agenda driven universities (whatever the hell those are), believe it or not, still have standardized tests to measure IQ. My wife, as a "CHILD PSYCHOLOGIST" and PROFESSOR duh... Has studied and does study and research "said" prodigies. The ultimate result is that they ALL regress to the mean in some way/shape/form.

If you are more interested in studies of this nature, I would be more than happy to have her entertain your fancy in this area of study. By the way, she is a MODERATE/LIBERAL...not LIBERAL. Do you need a definition of that too?

Hugs,
Uncle MODERATE CONSERVATIVE hussker

Nbadan
01-15-2006, 02:15 AM
Thanks FWD...but I have to kick back and think about it myself I guess. I just retired from 23 yrs of USAF Service and I wonder how much I was slanted in my own thought processes. Oh, from the innocent mouths of babes. She is the same little girl who dealt with my going to Afghanistan in 2004 by saying, "You know daddy, you are probably going to get shot and die, but that is ok. Lots of people do in a war and I will take care of mommy." That was said to me by my THEN 6 y/o daughter outside the Outback Steakhouse on 1604 and I-35 the night before I left for Kabul, Afghanistan in Mar 2004.

I've come to the conclusion that red Americans like g-town hate Irony. Red-Americans are an optimistic culture, full of love of flag, country, trucks and dewy-eyed self-belief - you know, all the things that Europe and East-coast liberals lost long ago. This is all faith-based - faith in God, faith in the goodness of humanity, faith in self-reliance, etc - and irony can never coexist with faith, since the mere act of questioning causes the faith fairy to disappear.

This is why your daughter's statement is hard for people like gtown to simply enjoy for what it is - a very shining example of your daughter's developing independent, critical-thinking skills and adaptive use of situational irony.

chode_regulator
01-15-2006, 10:22 AM
PUT THAT "AMERICAN'T" IN GUANTANAMO!!!

YOU are raising a future member of the anti-american, anti-freedom, homosexual, liberal media!!!
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :makeout :makemyday :p :duck :bling :D

:huh

implacable44
01-15-2006, 10:48 AM

Did your daughter find the cure to cancer too ?

gtownspur
01-15-2006, 01:46 PM
WJ III? WISC IV? How do you measure? How Many SD above Norm do you need to be "gifted", "Intelligent"? Agenda driven universities (whatever the hell those are), believe it or not, still have standardized tests to measure IQ. My wife, as a "CHILD PSYCHOLOGIST" and PROFESSOR duh... Has studied and does study and research "said" prodigies. The ultimate result is that they ALL regress to the mean in some way/shape/form.

If you are more interested in studies of this nature, I would be more than happy to have her entertain your fancy in this area of study. By the way, she is a MODERATE/LIBERAL...not LIBERAL. Do you need a definition of that too?

Hugs,
Uncle MODERATE CONSERVATIVE hussker

First of all, i'd have to see the study. And when i say child prodigy, i mean those kids who are gifted, i didnt mean infallible, like the study was trying to prove.

ANd first of all you said of that study of "how they all regress to the mean", I thought your wife said there is no difference in intelligence, having a mean initself to regress would be oxymoronic.

and that's just one study. There is always a bias in studies, you can't take them at face value.

implacable44
01-15-2006, 01:51 PM
I've come to the conclusion that red Americans like g-town hate Irony. Red-Americans are an optimistic culture, full of love of flag, country, trucks and dewy-eyed self-belief - you know, all the things that Europe and East-coast liberals lost long ago. This is all faith-based - faith in God, faith in the goodness of humanity, faith in self-reliance, etc - and irony can never coexist with faith, since the mere act of questioning causes the faith fairy to disappear.

This is why your daughter's statement is hard for people like gtown to simply enjoy for what it is - a very shining example of your daughter's developing independent, critical-thinking skills and adaptive use of situational irony.

or perhaps of her indoctrination into the idiotology of her father -- it is all in the perspective I reckon.

this girl knows she is moderate liberal at age 8 ?

gtownspur
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
I wonder if the girl goes to public school, i also lived in a coservative town, but when i went to school, the teachers were predominantly liberal and never said a good thing about George Bush 1 or Reagan.

Husker's daughter drawing conclusion from an anti war song is no different from her drawing the same conclusion from a song of love. People are always going to relate literature and music to their lives.

Now if, Huskers wife is correct about all kids having the same process efficiency, then that mean if you sit down 100 kids all in a gymnasium, than all of them independenty would lead to the same. THen after that you'd have to figure if the song's lyrics itself were self explanatory and obvious that it would of driven anyone to the same conclusion.

Now, you shouldn't be surprised about an anti war song leading you daughter to derive an anti war sentiment. IT happens, it's a catchy tune, there are many mediums and cultural outlets that would provide an alternative to your town's ideology.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2006, 02:05 PM
What's a good pro-war song kids can sing at school?

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Red-Americans are an optimistic culture, full of love of flag, country

Wow Dan, you finally called it like it is. Yep, we're not liberals, we love our country unlike you.

CharlieMac
01-15-2006, 06:26 PM
THAT'S AMAZING COMING FROM A GIRL THAT AGE. sHE ALREADY HAS MORE INDEPENDENT THOUGHT GOING ON IN HER BRAIN THAN MOST OF THESE IDIOTS IN COLLEGE SHOUTING RANDOM CATCH PHRASES AT A RALLY.

CharlieMac
01-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Oh fuck that, I didn't mean to type in all caps.

hussker
01-15-2006, 06:31 PM
THAT'S AMAZING COMING FROM A GIRL THAT AGE. sHE ALREADY HAS MORE INDEPENDENT THOUGHT GOING ON IN HER BRAIN THAN MOST OF THESE IDIOTS IN COLLEGE SHOUTING RANDOM CATCH PHRASES AT A RALLY.

She's encouraged for independent thinking and problem solving. She is a good girl and well informed. Too bad others on this forum cannot embrace that an accept it for what it is. Perhaps it is fear of another independent non kool-aid drinker that they cannot manipulate. Too bad.

exstatic
01-15-2006, 10:17 PM
She's encouraged for independent thinking and problem solving. She is a good girl and well informed. Too bad others on this forum cannot embrace that an accept it for what it is. Perhaps it is fear of another independent non kool-aid drinker that they cannot manipulate. Too bad.

I wouldn't worry about impotent44. He couldn't figure out:
a) that you're conservative.
b) that it was your wife that you refered to as "moderate-liberal.

He's dumb as a fucking post. I'm glad your daughter has a mind to think with.

implacable44
01-15-2006, 10:58 PM
I wouldn't worry about impotent44. He couldn't figure out:
a) that you're conservative.
b) that it was your wife that you refered to as "moderate-liberal.

He's dumb as a fucking post. I'm glad your daughter has a mind to think with.

surely one can read his initial post and tell that skippy says he is a moderate conservative and his wife is mod lib - -

dumb is in the mirror anus - we can compare GMAT scores or LSAT scores anytime you want - you do know what those are right ?

exstatic
01-15-2006, 11:49 PM
or perhaps of her indoctrination into the idiotology of her father -- it is all in the perspective I reckon.

this girl knows she is moderate liberal at age 8 ?
The defense rests, your honor. The defendant may have high test scores, but he cannot read and comprehend that the plaintiff is a conservative, and his daughter can think for herself, and was not the one that said plaintiff referred to as moderate liberal.

dumb is in the mirror anus You said it, not me.

gtownspur
01-16-2006, 01:08 AM

It's not that we deny that she's an independent thinker, but that she independently came up with the conclusion that waging the war in Iraq was evil even becuase it was done for peace.

She learned of this through a song that was pacifist in nature. Anyone could of reached the conclusion.

And even though she lives in a conservative town, she doesn't live in a shoe box. Television is litered with liberal ideology and ideas, aswell as school and maybe some of her freinds. Cmon now.

When she independently starts to pist on a nebraska flag and roots for the good guys at CU, then you can post of how great of an independent thinker your daughter is.

scott
01-16-2006, 01:41 AM
Good story, hussker - both for the story itself and the hilarity that soon followed.

gtownspur
01-16-2006, 04:42 AM
Right,...

It's so mysterious for anyone to link the war with iraq as being evil after listening to an anti war song.

Next we're gonna hear about how Huskers daughter found out what an ak 47 is through hip hop, and he's gonna be baffled.

Get off his balls.