PDA

View Full Version : Hunting: Right or Wrong?

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 06:59 AM
How do you feel about hunting? Not fishing, but hunting.

I personally think it's cold-blooded. It's not a sport to me. If it was a sport both sides would be fair, and competing for a goal. But this is a one-sided, lop-sided event. In which I would outlaw if I could.

I figured I would post this seeing the "deer" (lmao) posted in the NFL Forum. There were some replies against hunting and I think everybody needs to give their two cents on the matter.

chode_regulator
01-15-2006, 08:14 AM
why not include fishing in this poll? why limit it to just hunting.
and why should hunting be illegal?

ClintSquint
01-15-2006, 08:34 AM
The closest I come to hunting is looking for the best pack of steaks at HEB.

Duncan21
01-15-2006, 08:44 AM
its sick, and for it to even be clasified as a sport is a joke

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 08:45 AM
why not include fishing in this poll? why limit it to just hunting.
and why should hunting be illegal?

Lmao I hope you're being sarcastic about fishing. Not to say they are lesser creatures but for every one deer their are a million fish in the water. I think you were being sarcastic but if not, I think your brain cells can figure the rest out just fine...

Fish are pretty much an abundant resource rather than deer or elk that could become endangered. Again any such debate is walking a thin line on comparing the worth of one creature to another, as in fish to a deer, but in any case can be argued easily by the numbers and the game.

Just talk to Japanese fishermen. Without that way of living, their culture and way of life would not have survived to this day. Fish come and go. Deer and other four-legged creatures are not so abundant.

^^ I will edit and clarify again. Of course the same could be said about the first explorers to this country. They had to survive on hunting big game and it was a must to live. But as technology has boomed it is no longer needed.^^

Hunting to a certain extent should be illegal. Meaning, hunting enough to control the population.

Of course this is mostly opinionated. As in, nobody is really wrong here. It's about your own morale and personal beliefs.

chode_regulator
01-15-2006, 09:02 AM
Lmao I hope you're being sarcastic about fishing. Not to say they are lesser creatures but for every one deer their are a million fish in the water. I think you were being sarcastic but if not, I think your brain cells can figure the rest out just fine...

Fish are pretty much an abundant resource rather than deer or elk that could become endangered. Again any such debate is walking a thin line on comparing the worth of one creature to another, as in fish to a deer, but in any case can be argued easily by the numbers and the game.

Just talk to Japanese fishermen. Without that way of living, their culture and way of life would not have survived to this day. Fish come and go. Deer and other four-legged creatures are not so abundant.

^^ I will edit and clarify again. Of course the same could be said about the first explorers to this country. They had to survive on hunting big game and it was a must to live. But as technology has boomed it is no longer needed.^^

Hunting to a certain extent should be illegal. Meaning, hunting enough to control the population.

Of course this is mostly opinionated. As in, nobody is really wrong here. It's about your own morale and personal beliefs.
no im not being sarcastic. i am coming from the why are fish less of an animal. how is people taking nets and dragging them across the ocean any differnet. and as far as i know hunters are not allowed to kill more than like 1 deer a season. are there people who kill more? yes. same as with any regulated sport/hunt/fish. do people keep fish that are too small or keep more than 1 red that is over 28? so youre saying that bc theres different species of fish that any particular fish is ok to kill by the thousands. how about the fact that shark are becoming more and more endangered due to the chinkds and japs killing them all. how about all the assholes who drag nets offshore and capture thousands of tuna and other fish at a time? and also catch other fish that they dont even want but kill anyway. if fish are so abundant why are there being more and mroe laws placed in effect to protect them. have you opened an issue of tide magazine or cca, formerly the gcca, and read aout how fish are rapidly dwindling in numbers.
i guess theyre right, ignorance is bliss in your case.
and again, do you sleep better at night bc your hands arent dirty? all you have to do is go to heb and pick up that slab of meat. i'd rather go out and shoot something, even if its not fair, then go to a store and bjuy meat from an animal that was led into a slaughter house and killed.

chode_regulator
01-15-2006, 09:02 AM
btw i dont hunt, and i do fish when i get the chance.

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 09:10 AM
no im not being sarcastic. i am coming from the why are fish less of an animal. how is people taking nets and dragging them across the ocean any differnet. and as far as i know hunters are not allowed to kill more than like 1 deer a season. are there people who kill more? yes. same as with any regulated sport/hunt/fish. do people keep fish that are too small or keep more than 1 red that is over 28? so youre saying that bc theres different species of fish that any particular fish is ok to kill by the thousands. how about the fact that shark are becoming more and more endangered due to the chinkds and japs killing them all. how about all the assholes who drag nets offshore and capture thousands of tuna and other fish at a time? and also catch other fish that they dont even want but kill anyway. if fish are so abundant why are there being more and mroe laws placed in effect to protect them. have you opened an issue of tide magazine or cca, formerly the gcca, and read aout how fish are rapidly dwindling in numbers.
i guess theyre right, ignorance is bliss in your case.
and again, do you sleep better at night bc your hands arent dirty? all you have to do is go to heb and pick up that slab of meat. i'd rather go out and shoot something, even if its not fair, then go to a store and bjuy meat from an animal that was led into a slaughter house and killed.

LMAO one deer a season? No. There are limits that vary in each state. A lot more than just one per person...

The reason why laws are being placed to protect fish is because people are killing more and more and not documenting it and doing it illegally. Therefor the law pimp slaps those who are caught violating.

Now. You have claimed I am ignorant therefor causing me to end any furthur debate with you seeing how you cannot differenciate a need and a want. Moreless insulting someone with a different opinion.

Read more books!

I said in the other thread this: Regardless of whatever creator you believe in or whatever to do in that subject it is sort of obvious to me what animals were put here for our well being and what animals were put here for their own right to live. As in if you point a gun at a cow it will stand there, it won't run. Where as if you point a gun at a deer it will freak and run. It will run regardless. Thus creating the chase. Or what some ..people... call a sport. That isn't a sport.

I would love to see a deer pop out of the bushes with a 30/6 aiming at a guys head and see how he feels.

Again, I'm done with you. Try not to insult someone when you wanna prove a point. And I advise you never to try and battle blog either.

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 09:14 AM
I wanna make it clear for anyone reading this. I don't think any less of a person who hunts for sport. For kicks, just cause it's fun. I think they are wrong, but I don't think any less of them as a person in this world. That's the beauty of an opinion. And being able to co-exsist in a friendly manner.

It's pretty sad that we live in a world where if someone doesn't agree usually they are automatically labeled an idiot, or ignorant. We are all guilty of labeling society though.

And I can't spell worth a flip.

TimothyLeary
01-15-2006, 09:19 AM
I can think of better ways to spend my time.

TDMVPDPOY
01-15-2006, 09:25 AM
plenty of pussy in the ocean my friends :D:D

Marklar MM
01-15-2006, 09:38 AM
I like fishing...catch and release. Every now and then I might catch a charter out on Lake Erie and go walleye fishin. That is when I keep fish. Walleye and Perch...hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm.

Anyway, on the hunting issue. They should make it mandatory for people to use knives and close quarters combat.

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 09:44 AM
I fish too. I alway release though.

I agree 100% on your 2nd line. Seriously, that is one cool ass idea. Then we can find out who are real hunters and who aren't.

Summers
01-15-2006, 09:59 AM
I didn't like the way your poll was worded because I think most hunters eat their kill; it's not just sport. If you're not a vegetarian, it's hypocritical to have a problem with hunting. At least hunters are honest and they do the dirty work themselves.

hendrix
01-15-2006, 10:17 AM
I didn't like the way your poll was worded because I think most hunters eat their kill; it's not just sport. If you're not a vegetarian, it's hypocritical to have a problem with hunting. At least hunters are honest and they do the dirty work themselves.

I agree with what you said but i think Hunting FOR SPORT is the issue here.
I know it's pretty much the same to kill a cow with a pneumatic hammer than kill a deer with a rifle.
But doing it for sport? Enjoying the "sensations" of killing?
If you want to practice with a moving target, there should be a lot of artificial ways.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-15-2006, 10:17 AM

That's where I see it. When my dad and I used to go hunting or fishing, we always ate everything we could and give the rest to friends/neighbors, etc.

Back then, I lived in a small town in the country, so everybody in your area could share with each other.

I don't have a problem with it or with people who hunt. Hell, I'd probably still hunt if I had time.

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 10:18 AM
I may have worded it bad.

"I think most hunters eat their kill; it's not just sport. If you're not a vegetarian, it's hypocritical to have a problem with hunting."

I don't see how that makes sense, would you explain...?

And that's not doing the dirty work. That's not even work. Doing it with a knife close combat like mentioned above would be doing the dirty work. You have a gun, there is no dirty work involved. But it is dirty though.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-15-2006, 10:20 AM

"I think most hunters eat their kill; it's not just sport. If you're not a vegetarian, it's hypocritical to have a problem with hunting."

And that's not doing the dirty work. That's not even work. Doing it with a knife close combat like mentioned above would be doing the dirty work. You have a gun, there is no dirty work involved. But it is dirty though.

While I can't speak to exactly what she meant by that, it seems that she's saying if you eat meat (which is essentially being killed in the same manner for people to have their Big Macs), then having a problem with hunting would be hypocritical.

If I'm wrong, Summers, my bad.

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 10:22 AM
Yeah I did word it bad. I don't think I can edit it though.

I just don't know where hunters are coming from therefor I worded it bad I guess.

Of course you freaking eat what you kill. That has nothing to do with nothing in this case. It's more about why go hunt and murder something when other kinds of meat at a grocery store are already provided is what I am wondering. But of course you better eat what you kill. If I knew someone killing and not collecting the carcass and using is for beneficial needs I swear to God I would bust his ass whide open with a paintball gun.

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 10:23 AM
While I can't speak to exactly what she meant by that, it seems that she's saying if you eat meat (which is essentially being killed in the same manner for people to have their Big Macs), then having a problem with hunting would be hypocritical.

No.

You do not hunt cattle. You do not hunt chickens. Therefor that makes no sense to me. It seems the way our world was created was, some animals were provided and others were not. Therefor, again, why go chase and kill something when it's already provided. You just have a taste for that kind of meat or the thrill of killing it? I don't get it.

chode_regulator
01-15-2006, 10:25 AM
im surprised at the 50/50 split so far

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-15-2006, 10:25 AM
Yeah I did word it bad. I don't think I can edit it though.

I just don't know where hunters are coming from therefor I worded it bad I guess.

Of course you freaking eat what you kill. That has nothing to do with nothing in this case. It's more about why go hunt and murder something when other kinds of meat at a grocery store are already provided is what I am wondering. But of course you better eat what you kill. If I knew someone killing and not collecting the carcass and using is for beneficial needs I swear to God I would bust his ass whide open with a paintball gun.

I think it has something to do with this case. The meat in your store got there through the same "one-sided, lop-sided event" you spoke of in your first post.

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 10:27 AM
im surprised at the 50/50 split so far
Why?

Hunting is a sort of a North American thing I think. America has literally made it into a huge popular game. I know hunting accurs all over the world but the USA made it into an industry.

Where as people in Europe who might not come from a culture used to going around with a gun and chasing down innocent animals don't get why the hell that's even fun. I'm assuming of course.

Summers

I mean a lot of people eat meat and never give a thought to where it comes from, but will tell you hunting is disgusting and cruel. It's not any more humane to eat beef just because you didn't kill the animal yourself. I grew up on a farm and we raised and killed our own chickens. Would it have been more humane of us to run to HEB and pick up store-bought chicken instead? If you eat meat, somebody is killing an animal.

CharlieMac
I think it's fine. I don't agree with hunting for sport, but it's fine if you actuallyu eat the meat. I've had some great deer in the past. I catch and release though.

Hook Dem

I tend to agree with you Brutalis. Hunters feed these poor animals all summer and then when they come to get the expected food.....BANG!!!! Thats not hunting. Thats like shooting the family dog after feeding him. To each his own but it's not for me!

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-15-2006, 10:28 AM
No.

You do not hunt cattle. You do not hunt chickens. Therefor that makes no sense to me. It seems the way our world was created was, some animals were provided and others were not. Therefor, again, why go chase and kill something when it's already provided. You just have a taste for that kind of meat or the thrill of killing it? I don't get it.

Fine, you don't get it.

Yes, some people have a taste for that kind of meat. Yes, it's legal. Hunting is so heavily regulated, at least in Texas, that going against the law is simply stupid based on fines and jail time possible.

Summers
01-15-2006, 10:29 AM

That's exactly what I meant.

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 10:29 AM
I think it has something to do with this case. The meat in your store got there through the same "one-sided, lop-sided event" you spoke of in your first post.

I disagree because like I said up there, a cow will stand there when you kill it while a deer is fleeing for its life. Not saying that's why we shouldn't go kill a deer I'm saying that's why it seems obvious some animals look to have been provided for us by our creator (whatever you believe) rather than chasing something down and murdering it.

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 10:30 AM
Fine, you don't get it.

Yes, some people have a taste for that kind of meat. Yes, it's legal. Hunting is so heavily regulated, at least in Texas, that going against the law is simply stupid based on fines and jail time possible.
I get it just fine. We just have different opinions on the matter.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Why?

Hunting is a sort of a North American thing I think. America has literally made it into a huge popular game. I know hunting accurs all over the world but the USA made it into an industry.

Where as people in Europe who might not come from a culture used to going around with a gun and chasing down innocent animals don't get why the hell that's even fun. I'm assuming of course.

By that logic...innocent animals:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a4/Cow.jpg/200px-Cow.jpg
http://images2.clinicaltools.com/images/depclinic/burger.jpg

http://nrich.maths.org/content/01/04/penta1/chicken.gif
http://www.nyceats.net/photos/eats/chickfila.jpg

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 10:33 AM
I tend to agree with you Brutalis. Hunters feed these poor animals all summer and then when they come to get the expected food.....BANG!!!! Thats not hunting. Thats like shooting the family dog after feeding him. To each his own but it's not for me!
I laughed so hard after reading that and seeing some hick looking guy in your profile. I bet he didnt have a problem with it! :lol :lol

Summers
01-15-2006, 10:35 AM
No.

Most of the meat in our country is farmed in huge, over-crowded, filthy industrial farms. I'm sure everyone's already heard about the chickens who can't stand up, and how our beef has to filled to the gills with antibiotics to keep them from succumbing to their deplorable living conditions, so I won't get too much on my soap box.

My point is, because you like your burgers and fried chickens, the meat industry raises these animals in unnatural settings, pumps them full of hormones and antibiotics, then slaughters them by the herd/flock. (I'm not a vegetarian, btw, but I do buy free-range chicken and ranch beef as often as possible). How do you get to feel okay about that as you eat at McDonald's but look down your nose at someone who kills a deer, drags its carcass across town on his truck, peels every morsel of meat off the bone, and shares it with all his friends?

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 10:36 AM
By that logic...innocent animals:

Now you're just pushing your belief onto me which sounds very Bush like. No offense.

It's just cows and chickens have historically always been means of food because it was provided by whatever creator or whoever made this earth.

They give milk, lay eggs, and are IMO natural sources of meat our bodies need to be healthy.

chode_regulator
01-15-2006, 10:36 AM
And I advise you never to try and battle blog either.
or what? you going to fly to nc and beat my ass? :lol :rolleyes

LMAO one deer a season? No. thats what it is in texas. i was just talking to my g/f's dad about this over xmas. i couldnt believe you nly get to shoot one. bow hunting may be different. again im using texas as an example bc thats where im from and i asume most people on here as well. i can ask my frineds here that hunt or i guess i could google it for nc but im too lazy.

As in if you point a gun at a cow it will stand there, it won't run. Where as if you point a gun at a deer it will freak and run. It will run regardless.
ok, cows are dumb as shit to begin with so thats not even an even comparison. and a deer wont run form just pointing a gun at it. deer are skittish by nature and will run at just about anything, be it a noise, a smell or they just dont feel comfortbale.

Now. You have claimed I am ignorant therefor causing me to end any furthur debate with you seeing how you cannot differenciate a need and a want. Moreless insulting someone with a different opinion.
lets see, you pretty much called me ignorant in your first reply to me. and im not calling you ignorant bc your views differ, im calling you ignorant bc you have no actual facts to back up your views and are just posting opinions.

when making a thread about something like this you have to realize beofre hand that thers going to be controversy over it and extreme opposite views. start a thread about which is better ford or chevy? or which is better the mustang or camaro? or which came first the chicken or the egg? or who believes in the big bang and who believes in evolution?

and lastly back to your "fishing" point. in your second post you state that fish are abundant, then in your third post backtrack and admit that due to peole being stupid/greedy/ignorant/careless that fish are starting to run into the same problems. why else do you think speckled trout min size limit increased a few years ago? same with reds? and flounder? and probably a shitload of other fish.
so again i ask, how is fishing different?

chode_regulator
01-15-2006, 10:38 AM
Why?

just figured it would have been the majority one way or the other. i guess the women of the forum havent woke up yet so that will change once they start posting.

Summers
I disagree because like I said up there, a cow will stand there when you kill it while a deer is fleeing for its life. Not saying that's why we shouldn't go kill a deer I'm saying that's why it seems obvious some animals look to have been provided for us by our creator (whatever you believe) rather than chasing something down and murdering it.

If you believe it's murder, then it doesn't matter if you knock a cow's head in with a hammer while you coo and pet her or chase down a deer with a rifle. It's still murder.

Brutalis
Most of the meat in our country is farmed in huge, over-crowded, filthy industrial farms. I'm sure everyone's already heard about the chickens who can't stand up, and how our beef has to filled to the gills with antibiotics to keep them from succumbing to their deplorable living conditions, so I won't get too much on my soap box.

My point is, because you like your burgers and fried chickens, the meat industry raises these animals in unnatural settings, pumps them full of hormones and antibiotics, then slaughters them by the herd/flock. (I'm not a vegetarian, btw, but I do buy free-range chicken and ranch beef as often as possible). How do you get to feel okay about that as you eat at McDonald's but look down your nose at someone who kills a deer, drags its carcass across town on his truck, peels every morsel of meat off the bone, and shares it with all his friends?

Yes the way livestalk and poultry are treated and conditioned in our country and around the world makes me fucking sick as well as sad.

But like I stated replying to someone else above...

cows give milk, chickens lay eggs, and to the naked eye appear to be natural sources of meat for human beings. Trying to compare that with chasing down an animal and murdering it for sport does not compare

I will agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 10:39 AM
If you believe it's murder, then it doesn't matter if you knock a cow's head in with a hammer while you coo and pet her or chase down a deer with a rifle. It's still murder.

Wrong. But you are entitled to your own opinion as am I.

(wow @ the red-blooded americans)

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 10:40 AM
just figured it would have been the majority one way or the other. i guess the women of the forum havent woke up yet so that will change once they start posting.

LMAO WTF is that supposed to mean? Holy crap.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-15-2006, 10:44 AM
Now you're just pushing your belief onto me which sounds very Bush like. No offense.

Oh, for the love of God. You wanted an opinion and you got one. Don't ask questions to which you're not ready (or willing to hear people's opinions on) to hear the answers.

I'm not pushing my beliefs at anybody. I actually agree with you in the sense that there are significantly more cattle and chickens available which allow for more Chick-Fil-A and Wendy's franchises.

I'm just stating that by the logic you gave about the US making hunting into an industry of killing innocent animals, what makes a cow and a chicken that less innocent?

It's just cows and chickens have historically always been means of food because it was provided by whatever creator or whoever made this earth.

They give milk, lay eggs, and are IMO natural sources of meat our bodies need to be healthy.

Very much so.

I just believe that hunting within the guidelines set upon by the state of Texas in the state of Texas is fine.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-15-2006, 10:47 AM
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hunt/season/2006/animal_listing/

2005-2006 Texas Hunting Season Dates, Grouped by Animal (also included limits)

Summers
01-15-2006, 10:47 AM
Wrong. But you are entitled to your own opinion as am I.

(wow @ the red-blooded americans)

I won't turn this political, because anyone who knows me knows I'm a yellow-dog Democrat, but I did grow up on a farm and I like meat. Having a different opinion from yours doesn't make me wrong. I think it's bizarre you've arbitrarily categorized the animals you personally like to eat as "okay to kill". If we were talking about people, it doesn't matter if you kill someone in their sleep or run over them 6 times in your car (I think that's a good comparative analogy); it's still murder. So, how is it humane to herd cows through slaughter houses but it's not humane to shoot a deer from 40 feet away with a precision rifle? Because you believe God put cows on this earth for us to eat? That's just not a very good answer.

Summers
01-15-2006, 10:50 AM

Uh.... ( o ) ( o )

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Oh, for the love of God. You wanted an opinion and you got one. Don't ask questions to which you're not ready (or willing to hear people's opinions on) to hear the answers.

Erm, I think you misunderstood somewhere. Or we both did. You just make no sense to to me posting pictures trying to show what you think in assuming my own logic. Zero sense to me.

I'm not pushing my beliefs at anybody. I actually agree with you in the sense that there are significantly more cattle and chickens available which allow for more Chick-Fil-A and Wendy's franchises.

I'm just stating that by the logic you gave about the US making hunting into an industry of killing innocent animals, what makes a cow and a chicken that less innocent?

They are just as innocent as any other animal..... Which has me now repeating myself in saying some animals are provided, some are not. Why seek and destroy a new animal for sport when there are ones already appearing to be provided for us. I see what youre saying, you make sense, it's just not the same sense I agree with.

I agree to disagree though. We just see things differently I guess. I'm not any kind of tree huggin' hippy but still.. .. . yeah. We just differ. It's cool.

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 10:55 AM
will fix this post in a few

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 10:57 AM
or what? you going to fly to nc and beat my ass? :lol :rolleyes

thats what it is in texas. i was just talking to my g/f's dad about this over xmas. i couldnt believe you nly get to shoot one. bow hunting may be different. again im using texas as an example bc thats where im from and i asume most people on here as well. i can ask my frineds here that hunt or i guess i could google it for nc but im too lazy.

ok, cows are dumb as shit to begin with so thats not even an even comparison. and a deer wont run form just pointing a gun at it. deer are skittish by nature and will run at just about anything, be it a noise, a smell or they just dont feel comfortbale.

lets see, you pretty much called me ignorant in your first reply to me. and im not calling you ignorant bc your views differ, im calling you ignorant bc you have no actual facts to back up your views and are just posting opinions.

when making a thread about something like this you have to realize beofre hand that thers going to be controversy over it and extreme opposite views. start a thread about which is better ford or chevy? or which is better the mustang or camaro? or which came first the chicken or the egg? or who believes in the big bang and who believes in evolution?

and lastly back to your "fishing" point. in your second post you state that fish are abundant, then in your third post backtrack and admit that due to peole being stupid/greedy/ignorant/careless that fish are starting to run into the same problems. why else do you think speckled trout min size limit increased a few years ago? same with reds? and flounder? and probably a shitload of other fish.
so again i ask, how is fishing different?

I didnt call you shit. And you have no facts as well. Stop replying to me.

Summers
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
I didnt call you shit. And you have no facts as well. Stop replying to me.

No, actually, chode's right about cows being dumb as shit. :lol

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
I won't turn this political, because anyone who knows me knows I'm a yellow-dog Democrat, but I did grow up on a farm and I like meat. Having a different opinion from yours doesn't make me wrong. I think it's bizarre you've arbitrarily categorized the animals you personally like to eat as "okay to kill". If we were talking about people, it doesn't matter if you kill someone in their sleep or run over them 6 times in your car (I think that's a good comparative analogy); it's still murder. So, how is it humane to herd cows through slaughter houses but it's not humane to shoot a deer from 40 feet away with a precision rifle? Because you believe God put cows on this earth for us to eat? That's just not a very good answer.

You are just like my grandma. Old-fashion. And theres nothing wrong with that and thats not an insult. Thats how you were raised and I respect you very much and your opinion.

But. :spin

I didnt mean you ARE wrong. I mean, thats wrong IMO. Thats all.

"Okay to kill" .... like I said. Some animals are provided for us to feed on, as the cow and chicken I exampled earlier that produce milk and eggs and historically have been the main source of meat.

Regardless of what answer you think is good enough doesnt matter. I would say the same about a lot of things I reply to in this forum but that doesnt make them always wrong either.

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 11:03 AM
No, actually, chode's right about cow's being dumb as shit. :lol

:lol :lol :lol

Yes but. Elephants are rumored to have the brain the size of a grapefruit but they are amazingly smart animals. (im not sure the size of their brain)

But we truely dont know shit about their intellegence. How do we know that God, (if you believe in God, if not disregard everything because we just have to agree to disagree) didnt instill some sort of um... trait in chickens and cows to just not give a shit about being slaughtered to feed our families? We dont. Thus making everything opinionated.

Summers
01-15-2006, 11:03 AM
You are just like my grandma. Old-fashion. And theres nothing wrong with that and thats not an insult. Thats how you were raised and I respect you very much and your opinion.

But. :spin

I didnt mean you ARE wrong. I mean, thats wrong IMO. Thats all.

"Okay to kill" .... like I said. Some animals are provided for us to feed on, as the cow and chicken I exampled earlier that produce milk and eggs and historically have been the main source of meat.

Regardless of what answer you think is good enough doesnt matter. I would say the same about a lot of things I reply to in this forum but that doesnt make them always wrong either.

Well, I'm all argued out and we'll just have to agree to disagree.

(Me? Old-fashioned??) :lol

B.AlMighty
01-15-2006, 11:07 AM
Hunting with a bow is real hunting.

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 11:07 AM
Well, I'm all argued out and we'll just have to agree to disagree.

(Me? Old-fashioned??) :lol
Nahhhhh no way!

But you bet your boots if I lived in the 1800s on a farm I would be hunting to feed my family. I do agree with that much. Just not the modern day.

I'm starting to get poop'd out as well.

Samr
01-15-2006, 12:22 PM
Ok, let me first put this out in the open- As of right now, I currently have on my wall:
- two fish (one redfish, one Mahi Mahi caught in Maui)
- one Elk
- one buck that we found shot dead on our ranch (poor shot placement had this thing running at least 200 yards deep from our fence line. Assuming it was shot at the opposing fenceline)
- one South Texas buck and another one on the way
- in our freezer is near 200 lbs of vinison, both whitetail and elk
Ok, just getting that out in the open. If you are going to judge the following post, I at least want you to have the information to judge

Yes, I am an avid hunter. Yes, I was born with a fishing rod in my hands. Yes, I eat what I kill and yes, I do consider both fantastic sports.

Unfortunately, I think most look badly upon hunting and fishing largely due to seeing idiot rednecks hunting squirrels with a 30-06 rifle, and catching fish with a rod in one hand, a bud light in the other, and a Marlboro Red in their mouth. And I hate that this is the image the public sees. It makes the rest of us look like stupid, drunk, illiterate rednecks as well. Git 'er done.

The fact of the matter is (I cannot speak nationally), Texas is over-run with deer. There are so many animals, fighting for the same food, that the health and strength of the individual animals has gone down and many, many deer are dieing of starvation or disease due to lack of strength. And the reason for this is over-development, not that I can blame us. We are building roads and buildings where these deer used to live, and are forcing a large population into a small habitat.

So as for the hunting part of it, I feel no guilt. A good number of animals will die each season due to starvation or disease by overpopulation, so taking a bag limit of animals will do absolutely no damage to the herd, and will in fact better the overall health of the rest of the white tail population, simply because that is one (or five) deer less to fight for food.

Now as for the sport part of it? This season I took two bucks hunting with a .243 rifle, by no means overkill (probably a little under, actually) but great for Texas deer because of the flat trajectory and speed of the bullet. Quicker downing of the animal (if you are a good shot), and less damage to the meat. We both win. The first buck I took at 100 yards, shooting through a fence, and it dropped within 40 yards. No twitches, no death throws. The running was instinctual and there was no doubt in my mind the hunt was humane. The second buck was taken at 200 yards, uphill- my rifle was sighted in at a 40 yd range. I placed the crosshairs above the animal, anticipating a drop, and the shot landed low, but straight through the heart. The animal dropped within eyesight. Difficult shot both times, humane kill both times.

Those who were with me on my trip, as well as those who have EVER been hunting in some place not in a backyard, can tell you that as far as sport goes, hunting requires a substantial ammount of skill and patience. You can't hand a guy a gun and put him on a deer, just like you can't hand a kid a ball and put him in a game. You have to learn how to shoot, where to aim, and when to pull the trigger.

And as far as doing it humanely? If you know how to shoot, if you approach hunting like a sport and not like a carnival game, then the animals will go down before you have time to register hitting the game-winning shot.

I was going to talk about fishing, but that is a seperate rant for a different time. And besides, I'm hungry. That venison breakfast sausage didn't quite do it for me. I wonder if I have any more buck jerkey......

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 01:21 PM
You're too little to handle a 30/6. So now we know who's lying!

Samr
01-15-2006, 01:44 PM
You're too little to handle a 30/6. So now we know who's lying!

I can "handle" every gun I've shot. I'm more of a rifle/shotgun person than a pistol man, though. The range and the accuracy is cool, even as small as the little .22s everyone is raised with. I love plinking a soda can off a fence at 100 yds. Now THAT is fun. :lol

But as far as the 30-06 goes, I was trying to make an exaggerated reference, though unfortunately I have actually seen someone shoot a squirrel with a 30-06. Slow day at the blind and he was bored. Still no excuse, though.

boutons_
01-15-2006, 01:46 PM
"Fish are pretty much an abundant resource"

WTF? the ocean fishing stocks off the Grand Banks and North Sea have collapsed. factory fishing has destroyed. scientists have no idea when they wil recover, or if.

sharks are also in danger for shark fin soup.

AlamoSpursFan
01-15-2006, 02:01 PM
If it flies it dies.

http://espn.go.com/outdoors/tv/columns/sutton_keith/1899793.html

http://www.indiana.edu/~preserve/nature/birds/photos/mourning%20dove%20rust2.jpg

Horry For 3!
01-15-2006, 02:07 PM
It depends. I will never shoot a deer. The only hunting I do is doves.

IceColdBrewski
01-15-2006, 02:15 PM
I love hunting. To me it's a challenge. Well, in Texas it isn't much of a challenge. This shit they do here in Texas with the blinds and the deer feeders is like shooting fish in a barrel. But go on a Mule Deer or Elk hunt out west in the Rocky Mountains and you'll see what I'm talking about. Mule Deer are one of the most elusive creatures in the country. Sometimes you can hike around for days and not even see one. Sometimes you'll spot one a mile or so away in a spotting scope, and you have to figure out a way to hike in close enough without him seeing, smelling, or hearing you. The kind of hunting I do takes a whole lotta skill, and a little bit of luck.

Plus there's the whole outdoor experience in general. I usually go with my Dad and my brothers. There's nothing better than sitting around the campfire at night with the guys while kickin back a cold beer, telling hunting stories. I'm not gonna waste too much time trying to explain, because people like you will never understand. But trust me, when you're up there in mountains, far away from civilization, trying to outwit an animal that always seems to be one step ahead of you,...well, it's easy to pity those of you who will never "get it."

Samr
01-15-2006, 02:19 PM
If it flies it dies.

There's a "right wing" pun in there somewhere, but I am too lazy to figure it out. :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
01-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Hunters who do it for "sport" are pussies unless they use bow and arrow or really shitty guns.

But as far as it being cruel, the regulations are pretty strict and believe it or not, but the number of deer you kill is at least partially based on the population trends and without them the deer population would get a little out of control. This means more deer/car accidents, of course. Also, too many of them would deplete all of the lower canopy of a given forest or brush area, which may not be what the landowners have in mind for their land.

I think its okay, just a pussy sport unless you use inferior equipment.

hussker
01-15-2006, 02:46 PM
Hunters who do it for "sport" are pussies unless they use bow and arrow or really shitty guns.

Really $#!TTY Guns... :lol

bigzak25
01-15-2006, 02:46 PM
eat what you shoot and there is nothing wrong with it whatsoever.

Samr
01-15-2006, 03:03 PM
or really shitty guns.

Anything bigger than a .243 for Texas deer, or any shot under maybe 150-200 yards on smaller animals, is overkill. I am assuming by "shitty gun" you mean one that doesn't kill by overabundance of stopping power, but one that only kills with proper shot placement and at least a little bit of sober skill. And if that is the case, then I think my .243 is as "shitty" as they come.

I dropped my elk (at an exotics ranch) at 125-150 with the .243, though it did take two shots in rapid succession. Or well, as rapid as one can get with a bolt-action. First one hit the heart, second one shreaded the lungs. Why the hell would anyone want to hunt a ~120 lbs whitetail with something that could efficiently take down a moose? It's like putting a lift on your truck for highway driving.

Soft tip shell and .243 is all the shitty gun one could ever need.

exstatic
01-15-2006, 03:06 PM
If you eat it or wear it? Fine. If you just display in on the wall? Get some therapy, your dick is obviously too small.

Caveman
01-15-2006, 03:08 PM
How do you feel about hunting?

I'm for it. I feel it's essential to the evolution of mankind. Afterall, unless some here are vegan? Nobody has room to talk. Just because some choose to do their hunting at a drive-through instead of the wilderness, does not make them better. Hunt all you want. But Eat all you Hunt. I read that at a chinese buffet once. But I digress.

Samr
01-15-2006, 03:16 PM
If you eat it or wear it? Fine. If you just display in on the wall? Get some therapy, your dick is obviously too small.

Eat it, fine. Wear it, someone, somewhere, better get some of the meat.

If you put it on the wall, you are simply displaying the trophy. Find a deer on the wall and I can guarentee you that homeowner either still has the meat (in which case you should steal some- vinison is good), or has already demolished his supply.

But if you find a animal on the wall, and the homeowner never shot the animal, find or buy a gun and balistically castrate them. They deserve it.

IceColdBrewski
01-15-2006, 04:29 PM

You obviously don't know a damn thing about hunting. That's got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read. "Inferior equipment" as you call it, only leads to more crippled and wounded deer that get away, only to suffer and die days later.

Given enough daylight, I'm confident that I could get close enough to hit one with a frickin slingshot. But I don't see how that would make me more of a man and less of a "pussy" :rolleyes

cecil collins
01-15-2006, 04:52 PM
You obviously don't know a damn thing about hunting. That's got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read. "Inferior equipment" as you call it, only leads to more crippled and wounded deer that get away, only to suffer and die days later.

Given enough daylight, I'm confident that I could get close enough to hit one with a frickin slingshot. But I don't see how that would make me more of a man and less of a "pussy" :rolleyes
Why not just use a jet and a cluster bomb. What he's saying is that guns make shit pretty easy. I know, you said the hunting you do is different, but some people like it to be easy. Like finding a deer trail on their property and setting up a tree stand right by the deer trail. They know a deer will pass through, all they have to do is be quiet, wait, and blow it's head off.

Vashner
01-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Fishing is hunting noob...

Vashner
01-15-2006, 04:58 PM

But as far as it being cruel, the regulations are pretty strict and believe it or not, but the number of deer you kill is at least partially based on the population trends and without them the deer population would get a little out of control. This means more deer/car accidents, of course. Also, too many of them would deplete all of the lower canopy of a given forest or brush area, which may not be what the landowners have in mind for their land.

That's idiotic.. Using a proper rifle is not "pussy". If you have license, shoot animal for harvest. That's manly... Pussy is armchair QB'ing a right proper hunter.

01-15-2006, 05:03 PM
My kind of fishing! (http://www.pescarondonia.com.br/videos/Pescaria_Meques.wmv)

Vashner
01-15-2006, 05:07 PM
I think
No one should be "forced" to hunt. But if they get a license. Use proper safety and intend to harvest the animal it's all good. Deer, javalina, wild turkey, dove those
are GAME animals. As in to PETA People for eating of tasty animals.

Vashner
01-15-2006, 05:15 PM
I have come back bloodier and stikner from deep sea than from deer hunting. That's some nasty stank...

I like Red Snapper.... grilled with some garlic butter, baked potato and some greens.

One time I caught a Sow so big it was like slaughter house just to cut off it's head. OMG the spine was huge. This was a BIG snapper..

Samr
01-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Fly fishing is heaven. I wish I could retire on a ranch in Colorado with nothing but a beautiful wife, a nice stream, and a lifetime supply of fly fishing gear.

Stephen A Smith
01-15-2006, 05:52 PM
Quite frankly, you southern boys can kill anything you want...as long as I can get my mouth on some damn ribs, ya know what I mean?

Shaolin-Style
01-15-2006, 08:20 PM
For sport? No, thats just lame, go shoot some targets.

For food? Go for it.

My mom and her bf lives up in the mountains and he has killed many deer and him and his family eat them, I believe my older brother got a lot of deer steaks vacuum sealed and given to him this past christmas, and that will feed him for weeks since he's pretty badly in debt and been struggling a bit. He also caught a bunch of fish after the river nearby them was stocked and they plan on eating them.

So yes who cares if it's for food, especially if you're not that rich.

Vashner
01-15-2006, 08:32 PM
We need some pics for this thread...

I am hungry..
http://www.best-venison.com/processing/deer.gif
http://www.strictlybowhunting.com/Anov01issue/images/dec2002_cwd_deer_cutting_tips.gif

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Yummy, yummy, yummy...I've got deer in my tummy.

Guru of Nothing
01-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Damn! I think Brutalis' Arkansas-ass just single-handedly wrested away from Mississippi the title of "We're 50th!"

I have vegetarian tendencies, and I refuse to eat beef simply because I could not bring myself to kill a cow, if that's what it came down to; but I could look a turkey, chicken or fish in the eye and kill them, if need be. It's a matter of degree of comfort to me.

Personally, I don't hunt, but if someone offers me venison from something they killed, I'm all over it! ... 'cause we are OMNIvores afterall, although, I do think humans will eventually evolve into herbivores (just not in our lifetime!) ...

Extra Stout
01-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Personally, I don't hunt, but if someone offers me venison from something they killed, I'm all over it! ... 'cause we are OMNIvores afterall, although, I do think humans will eventually evolve into herbivores (just not in our lifetime!) ...
"Evolve?" That would involve meat-eaters reproducing less than rice-eaters. Oh, wait. China. OK, you're right.

What's wrong with hunting exactly? Without hunting, we humans never would have developed speech. Our speech gave us a competitive advantage over other creatures because we could communicate with one another about where the animals were very easily and plan the hunts together.

I agree it's kind of pussy to have some 300-lb lardass redneck who can't walk more than 100 feet at a time sit in a deer blind for 12 hours waiting for a deer to come up to a feeder. Some redneck tried to convince me that was sporting because it's hard to shoot straight after drinking for 12 hours straight. Whatever.

I'm more impressed with my coworker who got bored with shooting the animals because it was too easy, so started hunting them with crossbows, got bored with that because it was too easy, started hunting them with bow and arrow, got bored with that because it was too easy, started throwing knives at them, got bored with that because it was too easy, so just started photographing them and selling the pictures.

Somebody who's that good at hunting should never be fucked with.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-16-2006, 01:07 PM
"Evolve?" That would involve meat-eaters reproducing less than rice-eaters. Oh, wait. China. OK, you're right.

What's wrong with hunting exactly? Without hunting, we humans never would have developed speech. Our speech gave us a competitive advantage over other creatures because we could communicate with one another about where the animals were very easily and plan the hunts together.

I agree it's kind of pussy to have some 300-lb lardass redneck who can't walk more than 100 feet at a time sit in a deer blind for 12 hours waiting for a deer to come up to a feeder. Some redneck tried to convince me that was sporting because it's hard to shoot straight after drinking for 12 hours straight. Whatever.

I'm more impressed with my coworker who got bored with shooting the animals because it was too easy, so started hunting them with crossbows, got bored with that because it was too easy, started hunting them with bow and arrow, got bored with that because it was too easy, started throwing knives at them, got bored with that because it was too easy, so just started photographing them and selling the pictures.

:lol I'd have to agree with that!

Hunting for food seems perfectly acceptable. Anyone who eats meat directly or indirectly supports the killing of animals for food, whether those animals are raised for food or hunted in the wild. I've been around a lot of ranches in my life, and just because the livestock are raised to be eaten, I don't think that necessarily makes the process of butchering a calf more humane than that of hunting a deer.

I don't agree with killing only for sport.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-16-2006, 01:51 PM
To all who commented about my "pussy" comment:

I meant bad ass rifles equipped with flawless scopes, stuff like that. Bow and Arrow, even the new ones are acceptable to me.

But a regular run-of-the-mill rifle without anything else to help you is still okay too.
Brewski, on those days you're close enough to use a sling shot, maybe you should use some other weapon than your bad ass rifle capable of downing it from yards away.

We were talking about its aspect as sport, and I think using something that makes hunting ridiculously easy and skill-less (in other words little fucking kids 14 years old can kill one their first time usign teh same equipment) is pretty pussy....make it a real sport, put in a challenge...

travis2
01-17-2006, 08:32 AM
First off, you are NOT limited to 1 deer in Texas. White-tail limits are 4 or 5 deer per season, depending on the county. Up to 2 (or 3, in a 5 deer county) can be bucks.

It wasn't like this when I was growing up. Back then, you could set up a blind and a feeder and go the entire season without seeing a deer. Or, if you did, it was a doe and you didn't have enough land to buy a doe tag (as I recall, you were required to have 100 acres per doe tag purchased). Screwworm was the culprit. Once the screwworm was eradicated in the '80s, the white-tail population EXPLODED. I heard/read something recently that said the Texas white-tail population in the Edwards Plateau and southward was over 3 million.

Meanwhile you have idiots in Hollywood Park and Hill Country Village feeding the damn things in their backyards "because they look pretty". :rolleyes

I eat what I shoot. Of course! But...if you shoot a nice buck AND harvest the meat...what's wrong with having the head done up nicely? People who want to bring someone's dick size into that conversation has their own problems.

Oh, and I have a head on the wall, another one at the taxidermist. Shot one buck, one doe, and a feral hog this year...and there are 2 more weeks of doe season. Weapon of choice is a Remington Model 700 .243...although for the hogs I'm thinking of switching to something heavier...:lol

CavsSuperFan
09-18-2009, 03:01 PM
My deer hunting experience...

Trophy Buck... (http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae359/sexyrose1965a/funny-picture-11202163471.jpg)

baseline bum
09-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Deer meat fucking rules.

manufan10
09-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Elk burgers are the best! :toast

DarkReign
09-18-2009, 04:38 PM
I dont where you Texans ever got proud of yourselves, but this poll pretty much kills my opinion of Texas.

Open carry but adverse to hunting?

:shakeshead

Geezerballer
09-18-2009, 05:13 PM
To those who think hunting is cruel, I present 3 facts.

1.) Everything alive is going to die somehow.
2.) No animal in the wild dies of “old-age”.
3.) There is no less painful way for a game species to die than a bullet.

blizz
09-18-2009, 06:08 PM
deer....eh....i don't care for it and i wouldn't do it...but whatever. hunting for trophies? that's what i have a problem with. hunting lion, leopards, bear, mountain lions etc just to have it mounted is bullshit and needs to stop.

blizz
09-18-2009, 06:09 PM

those are facts?? you're a fucking moron.

nuclearfm
09-18-2009, 06:34 PM
White people continue to label "sports" that nobody else does in an attempt to be good at them. Hunting never shouldn't be a sport, but since white people are good at it, they made it one.

Toss in:
Poker
Lumberjack competition
Ultimate Frisbee
Various Co-ed sports
X-games
etc...

jman3000
09-18-2009, 09:20 PM
It's okay as long as you're not a pussy and make it decently fair. Also, you need to make as much use of the body as possible... with the best possible use being taking it to Dzuks in Castroville and getting deer jerkey made...jsalfjlsajflksj;lfjajdflsj.

Placing a feeder in the middle of an open field and having a blind set up 50 yards from it is just horrible and whoever does that should be ashamed.

I usually hunt in Real County where the terrain is extremely hilly and there isn't a lot of flat land to speak of. Making a gut shot in those conditions means you're gonna have to crawl through thick trees and rocky hills for an hour or so tracking your kill. Gotta make it a clean and humane kill.

I'd really like to get into bow hunting, especially for turkey and hogs. I wouldn't have the patience for deer.

MiamiHeat
09-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Allow hunting, but do not be wasteful, do not hunt more than you can use, and make it a quick death.

If those conditions are met, then I have no problem with it.

I understand why someone will say it's wrong, because an innocent animal will suffer... but on the other hand, this is how all animals survive. Some animals eat grass, others eat other animals. It's just how it is. A necessary evil, so I understand both view points, and I find the middle ground.

Death In June
09-19-2009, 09:36 AM
Like any rational thinking person, I don't turn away from my humanity. And I'll kill something if I have the intention of consuming it. If you're a good hunter, you can limit any suffering. I don't care for hunting for huntings sake.

Leetonidas
09-19-2009, 10:14 AM
If you're hunting for sport you're a douche, but if you're hunting for your food then there's nothing wrong with that, and if you disagree you're a fag, especially if you eat meat from the store because those cows are slaughtered in just as disgusting ways.

CosmicCowboy
09-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Well, the poll is closed but heres another vote for hunting.

Summers gets it.

I have killed literally hundreds of deer and processed and eaten every one. I have killed them with modern rifles, antique rifles, pistols, and bow and arrow. I have killed as many as 30 deer in one year on MLD ranches. I am quite proficient at aging/scoring management deer to the point that ranchers pay me to do it. 99% of the deer I have killed with a rifle in the last 10 years were shot in the brain stem and were dead before they hit the ground. I have worked as a guide and taken less skilled hunters out to kill trophy deer. I have personally killed some pretty good deer and elk but do not have a single "head" on the walls of my house...I always thought that was a little much. When I'm not being paid to hunt I hunt with a bow for fun. I like the challenge of putting the hunter shit on a wild deer and making a clean kill at under 25 yards. If you don't like it I really don't care.

The hypocrisy of meat eaters that are against hunting has always amazed me.

Spursfan092120
09-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Yes..we should all be vegans and not eat meat at all. Seriously..without hunting, the human race wouldn't have survived for us to be alive today.

Spursfan092120
09-19-2009, 11:21 AM
White people continue to label "sports" that nobody else does in an attempt to be good at them. Hunting never shouldn't be a sport, but since white people are good at it, they made it one.

Toss in:
Poker
Lumberjack competition
Ultimate Frisbee
Various Co-ed sports
X-games
etc...
Yeah..cause that's just what we need. Another thread with racist remarks...Because black people don't hunt...Dude..I personally know 4 black guys, just off the top of my head who hunt. I'd like to know what you consider a sport. Sport is defined as an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature. If you think any of these, maybe besides poker, but I don't call poker a sport anyway, are not physical, competitive, and require skill, you're out of your mind. But your first racist comment makes me believe that anyway.

Spursfan092120
09-19-2009, 11:27 AM
The hypocrisy of meat eaters that are against hunting has always amazed me.
Exactly...if you watch the music video for Montgomery Gentry's song, "You Do Your Thing," it really catches it. A guy is driving through the streets after hunting, with a deer on his hood that he's taking to get processed. He passes by an outdoor restaurant, where a lady dressed in fancy digs sees the deer and starts acting like she's going to puke. She just can't believe this guy was just hunting. Then, their food comes, and she has a nice big peace of meat..where the hell do they think that meat comes from?

Spursfan092120
09-19-2009, 11:35 AM

http://neveryetmelted.com/wp-images/BlackGunGuy.jpg Z-_AjeIMmtM

Guess you've never heard of the AAHA..the African American Hunting Association...all blacks..all hunters...try again.

blizz
09-19-2009, 11:48 AM
I just don't get the trophy part of it. Why so proud to take out a defenseless animal "for fun" and to get a pretty head mounted? What's the draw in killing a lion, tiger, jaguar, bear etc? I like to fish because most of the time, the fish is not something I can go get at the store, at least not as fresh and cheap, so I get that and have no problem with that.

SpuronyourFace
09-19-2009, 12:00 PM

What do hunting deer, catching fish, and farming Cows and pigs all have in common?

ALL INVOLVE KILLING AN ANIMAL FOR MEAT.

So if you are stictly a vegitarian, and don't eat meat of any sort, then I can respect your opinion on hunting. However, if you EAT meat and are against hunting, then you are contradicting yourself. No getting around it.

CosmicCowboy
09-19-2009, 12:26 PM
I just don't get the trophy part of it. Why so proud to take out a defenseless animal "for fun" and to get a pretty head mounted? What's the draw in killing a lion, tiger, jaguar, bear etc? I like to fish because most of the time, the fish is not something I can go get at the store, at least not as fresh and cheap, so I get that and have no problem with that.

I don't like the hypocrisy of the normal hunter/fisherman defense either. We may enjoy eating the meat but we don't just do it for the meat. You can buy tilapia at HEB dirt cheap. Fish you catch, clean, and eat yourself cost more than what you can buy them for if you take into account time, gas, fishing gear etc. Game meat you kill and process yourself costs more than beef at the store. Fuck it. Man up and admit that it's just primal to hunt and kill shit and you enjoy it. And don't give me this humanitarian bullshit that you do it to "manage and cull' the herd so they don't get overpopulated and starve...
If you really don't enjoy it then give me that money you spend to hunt and I'll go humanely manage the deer for you...Just be honest enough to admit to yourself and others that you enjoy hunting.

SpuronyourFace
09-19-2009, 12:43 PM
I don't like the hypocrisy of the normal hunter/fisherman defense either. We may enjoy eating the meat but we don't just do it for the meat. You can buy tilapia at HEB dirt cheap. Fish you catch, clean, and eat yourself cost more than what you can buy them for if you take into account time, gas, fishing gear etc. Game meat you kill and process yourself costs more than beef at the store. Fuck it. Man up and admit that it's just primal to hunt and kill shit and you enjoy it. And don't give me this humanitarian bullshit that you do it to "manage and cull' the herd so they don't get overpopulated and starve...
If you really don't enjoy it then give me that money you spend to hunt and I'll go humanely manage the deer for you...Just be honest enough to admit to yourself and others that you enjoy hunting.

Yeah, some poeple just like to go out and shoot something. It is what it is. I don't hunt myself, but I don't care if others do or not.

But with wild pigs, many of them are killed to manage the enviroment because they are so overpopulated and destructive to their environment and farm lands. They drive out many native animals in an environment and even "hunt" themselves, killing fawns(young deer).

blizz
09-19-2009, 12:57 PM
You can buy tilapia at HEB dirt cheap. Fish you catch, clean, and eat yourself cost more than what you can buy them for if you take into account time, gas, fishing gear etc. Game meat you kill and process yourself costs more than beef at the store. Fuck it. Man up and admit that it's just primal to hunt and kill shit and you enjoy it.

If I wanted tilapia, yes you're right. But I'm not going to find fresh caught gulf speckled trout or redfish at HEB, that's why I fish, that and the fact I can do it while on vacation relaxing. Unless it's a regulation size keeper, I catch and release and no, I don't enjoy killing shit. It pisses me off when the people I go with kill the hard-heads they catch "just because".

CosmicCowboy
09-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Yeah, some poeple just like to go out and shoot something. It is what it is. I don't hunt myself, but I don't care if others do or not.

But with wild pigs, many of them are killed to manage the enviroment because they are so overpopulated and destructive to their environment and farm lands. They drive out many native animals in an environment and even "hunt" themselves, killing fawns(young deer).

Yeah, I just kill the shit out of wild pigs. DOA on sight, .17HMR right in the ear.

CosmicCowboy
09-19-2009, 01:20 PM
If I wanted tilapia, yes you're right. But I'm not going to find fresh caught gulf speckled trout or redfish at HEB, that's why I fish, that and the fact I can do it while on vacation relaxing. Unless it's a regulation size keeper, I catch and release and no, I don't enjoy killing shit. It pisses me off when the people I go with kill the hard-heads they catch "just because".

I fish at the coast a lot and am good at it. I figure my trout/redfish cost more per pound than lobster.

MiamiHeat
09-19-2009, 01:23 PM
I fish at the coast a lot and am good at it. I figure my trout/redfish cost more per pound than lobster.

You seem to overlook the fact that everything is not about money.

Some people would rather pay a little extra is expenses but gain the experience and fun of fishing it themselves.

marini martini
09-19-2009, 01:29 PM
I love venison aft strap!!! Arrrrrrrr!

v2freak
09-19-2009, 01:46 PM
As a vegetarian, I can't really make the distinction between fishing and hunting, in regards to that side argument. I agree with you that hunting seems cruel however; to call it a sport I think would be weak, as it would be difficult to categorize it as competitive.

Can you post some books or links that provide evidence for the line that hunting led to the development of speech? I am very interested in this idea.

I think Summers was correct in distinguishing between arbitrary choices of what it's okay to eat and what is not, although I also get your point on what is already available. I don't necessarily agree with how the cards have been dealt in this regard - afterall, other cultures around the world eat different things all the time which we may find gross.

TheProfessor
09-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Not only is it natural and right for human beings to hunt, but hunters should also be the best conservationists and environmentalists. I never understood how that role fell to people who have far less of a stake than hunters or fisherman.

blizz
09-19-2009, 02:07 PM
You seem to overlook the fact that everything is not about money.

Some people would rather pay a little extra is expenses but gain the experience and fun of fishing it themselves.

exactly. he doesn't get it.

CosmicCowboy
09-19-2009, 02:24 PM
exactly. he doesn't get it.

Fuck both of you stupid non-reading comprehension assholes.

I said I love to hunt and fish. I also like to eat what I catch/kill. Just be intellectually honest enough not to try to justify hunting and fishing strictly by the "I do it for the meat"...thats a cop out and a lie. Man up and admit you do it because you enjoy it and fuckem if they don't like it.

CosmicCowboy
09-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Fuck both of you stupid non-reading comprehension assholes.

I said I love to hunt and fish. I also like to eat what I catch/kill. Just be intellectually honest enough not to try to justify hunting and fishing strictly by the "I do it for the meat"...thats a cop out and a lie. Man up and admit you do it because you enjoy it and fuckem if they don't like it.

OK, that might have been a little harsh. LOL. I ws referring to a previous post where you said you fished "because you could catch fresh trout and reds than you couldn't buy in the store"...I'm saying that is intellectually dishonest because you fish because you enjoy fishing and the the fresh fish is a pleasant by product.

I can give you an example. I fish at the coast too and I'm pretty good at it. I have fished two 40-50 boat tournaments this year and won one and got second in the other. We normally fish at Baffin Bay. Unless we are fishing a tournament we release all trout over 25" unless they are kill hooked. On a good day we will probably get 20 pounds of fillets. We are not afraid to run the boat to catch fish and we normally spend about $350 a day in fuel, oil, bait, etc. for that 20# of fish. That doesn't even include the cost of the boat, maintenance, lodging, etc. Do the math. At just the cost of the actual trip that's $17 a pound. Don't try to bullshit a bullshitter and tell me you fish for the meat. Just admit you fish because you enjoy it and don't let anyone shame you because you are "cruel".

MiamiHeat
09-19-2009, 03:27 PM
I don't really see the connection between fishing and hunting big game like deer.

CosmicCowboy
09-19-2009, 03:47 PM
I don't really see the connection between fishing and hunting big game like deer.

What do you see that's different?

SpuronyourFace
09-19-2009, 04:04 PM
good thread

CosmicCowboy
09-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Not only is it natural and right for human beings to hunt, but hunters should also be the best conservationists and environmentalists. I never understood how that role fell to people who have far less of a stake than hunters or fisherman.

In Texas when it comes to landowners who lease to or package hunt for deer hunters they ARE the best conservationists and environmentalists. It's in their financial best interest to do so. Thats why they actually pay me to come to their ranch and kill deer. They hire biologists to tell them what to do to manage their herds to be the healthiest and follow their recommendations. Sometimes that involves extensive thinning of the herd.

MiamiHeat
09-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Fish don't have developed pain receptors, they also don't have an evolved brain like mammals do. They don't feel emotions.

Mammals do

CosmicCowboy
09-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Fish don't have developed pain receptors, they also don't have an evolved brain like mammals do. They don't feel emotions.

Mammals do

So are you a vegan?

Heath Ledger
09-19-2009, 05:57 PM
If you are going to eat what you hunt I see no problem with it. If you are just killing for "sport" or just a trophy I think it's bullshit. With the exception of overpopulated areas where the animals could be a nuisance, (too many deer destroying crops etc)

ad12
09-19-2009, 07:35 PM
xL9xCWphV8s

MiamiHeat
09-19-2009, 07:46 PM
So are you a vegan?

Why would I be a vegan?

CosmicCowboy
09-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Why would I be a vegan?

Then don't be a fucking hypocrite. You just let someone else kill those mammals you eat.

MiamiHeat
09-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Then don't be a fucking hypocrite. You just let someone else kill those mammals you eat.

I think you are confused on my position, ;p Why would I care if another person kills them?

CosmicCowboy
09-19-2009, 09:42 PM
I think you are confused on my position, ;p Why would I care if another person kills them?

does this sound familiar?

Mammals do

MiamiHeat
09-19-2009, 09:46 PM
what does that have to do with anything i believe in?

i don't see your point

mogrovejo
09-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Anthropomorphism not only leads to a complete lack of scientific rigour when studying animal behaviour but is probably one of the most glaring evidences of the decline of the human civilization. Personally, I have to start wondering if hunting humans is wrong, at least those who believe that hunting animals is morally wrong.

marini martini
09-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Yarrr, my fellow scurvy Americans, arr…”

markfly98
09-20-2009, 12:26 AM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a hunter. I bow hunt and I rifle hunt at times. I do not sit over a feeder...I think that is about as unsporting as it gets, but...to each his own.

The above quote about "cows and chickens have historically always been means of food" is false. Historically, wild animals that were hunted and killed were used as food. That is especially true here in the Americas. It was not until animals that were dumb and docile enough to be domesticated were they used as a food source.

Killing a wild animal for meat is a human tradition that has been around as long as well....humans. Hunting and killing in my opinion is a very spiritual thing. For me, I love walking the hills and stalking game. When you say cows and chickens are "provided by whatever creator or whoever made this earth." I say so is the deer, elk, or hog. When I am walking through the woods and a deer crosses my path that is close enough for me to take with a bow...I think that our creator has allowed that particular deer to cross my path. If I make the kill, my family and friends get to share good clean healthy protien. If I do not make a kill, I make another stalk or plan to hit the HEB before I get home. It is a huge responsibility to take a life. When I do, I am thankful and I thank the heavens.

Don't get me wrong, I like my hormone/antibiotic injected t-bones as much as the next guy, but if I had my choice, I would like to provide venison that I hunted and killed. The hunted deer has more of a chance than the cow or chicken in the slaughter house.

May your next steak be medium rare and your chicken be well done.
Marcus
www.guidesoftexas.com (http://www.guidesoftexas.com)

markfly98
09-20-2009, 12:58 AM
Oh, and I also enjoy knowing I stopped a beating heart.

Marcus
www.guidesoftexas.com

NoOptionB
09-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Find yourself a really good piece of venison and you will be out in the woods chasing after deer with your bare hands. Man eats animals. Man is strong so he kills animals to eat. That's how the world works. If you disagree, that is your right. Just do not think your opinion even matters to anyone else but yourself.

A sport though? Hunting is as much a sport as golf.

Not a sport.

Sec24Row7
09-20-2009, 11:00 AM
The politics of this forum are such that this is probably not the best place to debate hunting...

I will say though that I have hunted all over the world and seen things that are amazing... I am a member of organizations that donate millions of dollars a year internationally to conserve habitat and prevent destruction by the population explosions in 3rd world countries due to advanced farming and water proliferation.

That's what people really don't get... the wild places are going away now faster than they ever have... hunters... even the ones that are hunting things like lion, leopard, elephant etc are on the ground seeing it... right beside the people that film planet earth... they are fighting HARDER against it than anyone else because it affects them PERSONALLY... they don't just lament it when it comes on the national geographic channel for an hour.

Presence of regulated pay hunting in African countires... middle eastern countries asian countries etc gives animals value that otherwise would be destroyed as pests by farmers and ranchers.

A prime PRIME example of this is Kenya...

in 1977 Kenya banned all forms of pay hunting due to pushes by animal rights groups. In 1977 all kinds of animals were abundant and dispersed through much of the country park and non park alike...

Now? You are hard pressed to find a large predator outside the areas that are used for photo safari... Lions are being killed rampantly by people using cotton defoliant on lion killed cattle carcasses.... the plains animals... wildebeest, zebra, antelopes, buffalo... have been significantly reduced by poachers and nyama meat hunters... The elephants were some of the first to go when hunting was closed... no one was there to fight the dictators kill squads that went in and wiped out almost the entire population to fill his coffers...

Regulated pay hunting would stop lions from being killed with poison... it would seriously curtail the hoofed animals from being slaughtered for meat. It would bring money as compensation to the areas where these animals have been a problem... and would allow them to live peacefully alongside people because there would be an incentive to have them there. A regulated take of animals a year allows the whole population to prosper...

Tanzania... just to the South of Kenya never stopped regulated hunting... they are the #1 destination in africa for the serious hunter... the game is bountiful... Lions, Elephants, leopards Hippos Buffalo Wildebeest, Zebra etc are EVERYWHERE and the people are fine with it...

Safari companies put in water wells, employ the population... etc...

Safari companies also police their concessions and severely limit the amount of meat poaching that the local population can get away with... they try to limit the amount of cattle and goats...

"Sport" Hunting in the right situation is a net POSITIVE for wildlife...

Ask the WWF.

DarkReign
09-20-2009, 01:59 PM
^ great fucking post

chode_regulator
09-20-2009, 11:23 PM
I dont where you Texans ever got proud of yourselves, but this poll pretty much kills my opinion of Texas.

Open carry but adverse to hunting?

:shakeshead
Open carry? Texas is most def not open carry.

Toss in:
Poker
Lumberjack competition
Ultimate Frisbee
Various Co-ed sports
X-games
etc...

Why do people always have to bring in race. Because no mexicans, blacks or (insert race ehre) hunt? :lol :rollin :lmao :blah :nope :rolleyes
Becuase X games isnt international competition. And only white people from America play poker.
God you are an idiot, i hope that if you havent already that you never do procreate.

And what the fuck isup with people draggin up old threads?

Soul_Patch
09-21-2009, 08:46 AM
Poll is closed, but i have no problems with hunting. I personally am too pussy to do it, i dont want to kill another mammal, but due to overpopulating, i dont see anything wrong with it. I DO, however, have a problem with these exotic ranches and exotic hunts (lion, elephants, whatever..) you obviously arent going to eat that shit, so leave it alone...I could understand a farmer wanting to kill off mountain lions that are eating his herd, but thats about it.

Fishing on the other hand, i absolutely love. I keep a limit (should be dropped to 5 trout along the whole coast imo) of trout up to 20", i wont keep anything over 20", and usually will toss them back if they arent at least 16ish. Trophy trout are beautiful and should be left in the water to produce more trophy trout! I will keep my limit of redfish in the slot. Dont do a whole lot of offshore fishing yet, but that may change when i buy my next boat.

Hunting / fishing / etc...nothing wrong with it at all, just dont be a douchebag about it.

Geezerballer
09-21-2009, 12:49 PM
those are facts?? you're a fucking moron.

1.) Everything alive is going to die somehow.

In spite of your thoughtful and courteous response, those are facts. In the absence of predation (including hunting), animals in the wild will succumb to parasites, disease, or starvation. They don't lay down and go to sleep in spite of what you might have inferred from your obviously extensive education in wildlife biology from watching Walt Disney movies.

chode_regulator
09-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Hunting / fishing / etc...nothing wrong with it at all, just dont be a douchebag about it.
Well said

In spite of your thoughtful and courteous response, those are facts. In the absence of predation (including hunting), animals in the wild will succumb to parasites, disease, or starvation. They don't lay down and go to sleep in spite of what you might have inferred from your obviously extensive education in wildlife biology from watching Walt Disney movies.

Funny how people always just refute things without presenting evidence.

DarkReign
09-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Open carry? Texas is most def not open carry.

Ive never been, so forgive me...

..but I was under the understanding you Texans can carry firearms so long as they are not concealed (thus, open carry).

So, gun racks in trucks, pistols on the hip, so on and so forth (obviously, cant have a criminal record, I would think).

Is this true or untrue? If untrue, please, just a small explanation.

Sec24Row7
09-22-2009, 10:07 AM
You can have a gun in your gun rack so long as it isn't loaded... don't think you can have it in a school zone...

There is no regulation saying you can't walk down the street with a rifle strung over your shoulder...

Now... will you get hassled... probably...

I had an exchange with a cop in Freer last year like this with a loaded rifle on my passenger seat when I was stopped for a speeding ticket...

Sir is that weapon loaded?

"yes"

Is that the only gun in the car?

"no"

Do you have any handguns in the vehicle?

"no"

License and registration please...

hehe

CosmicCowboy
09-22-2009, 10:24 AM
I got hassled by a Bexar County Sheriff a few years ago...I think he was actually doing random stops on obvious hunters trolling for DWI's...It was on a Friday night during hunting season and I was in a 4X4 loaded with "stuff" and obviously heading south for the weekend...I had two rifles in the cab in a stainless steel double gun case...he made me open the case...he asked me if the guns were loaded....I told him the magazines were loaded but they did not have rounds in the chamber...he made me unload the rifles and put the ammo in my toolbox...I don't know if it was bullshit but he said I could have the guns in the cab and the ammo in the toolbox or I could have the guns in the toolbox and the ammo in the cab but they couldn't be in the same place...

balli
09-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Poll is closed, but i have no problems with hunting. I personally am too pussy to do it.
Same here. I'd go far enough to say that I feel like a coward because I don't hunt. Agro production of meat is sickening and I'd much prefer to humanely kill my own meat... Though I don't; I watched a friend blow a deer's snout off once and I haven't been able to hunt since.

I DO, however, have a problem with these exotic ranches and exotic hunts (lion, elephants, whatever..) you obviously arent going to eat that shit, so leave it alone...Agreed. Same with pedestrian animals; that weak ass Dick Cheney shit, where they plant birds and drive you out to shoot them.

I could understand a farmer wanting to kill off mountain lions that are eating his herd, but thats about it.Fuck that. Mountain lions are the motherfucking shit. I hope the next farmer who tries to shoot a mountain lion misses the shot and gets mauled to death. Then I hope the lion kills the whole herd, forcing the widow into bankruptcy and an eventual move to Des Moines and her surly son-in-law's house.

Trophy trout are beautiful and should be left in the water to produce more trophy trout!
:toast

balli
09-22-2009, 10:58 AM
I don't know if it was bullshit but he said I could have the guns in the cab and the ammo in the toolbox or I could have the guns in the toolbox and the ammo in the cab but they couldn't be in the same place...
I doubt it was BS. Even in liberal ass gun law Utah you have to keep your ammo/mags at least "one step" away from your guns. Though I think a locked glovebox counts, so you could keep a gun and the ammo in the cab as long as one was locked up.

NoOptionB
09-22-2009, 11:02 AM
It is 100% fact Hunters/Fishermen are the biggest conservationists.

Texas is not open carry.

CosmicCowboy
09-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Fuck that. Mountain lions are the motherfucking shit. I hope the next farmer who tries to shoot a mountain lion misses the shot and gets mauled to death. Then I hope the lion kills the whole herd, forcing the widow into bankruptcy and an eventual move to Des Moines and her surly son-in-law's house.

I killed one in Montana that was hunting ME.

balli
09-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Did you taxidermy that bitch up? That sucks you killed it, I wish it would have gotten you instead, but things being what they are, I hope you at least have a cool trophy.

CosmicCowboy
09-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Did you taxidermy that bitch up? That sucks you killed it, I wish it would have gotten you instead, but things being what they are, I hope you at least have a cool trophy.

Yeah, that's the only thing I have mounted...it's in a relaxed pose laying over a log with it's head up staring.

Had a friend from my younger crazy days visit a few years ago from out of town and spend the night at my house...he wanted us to meet some other friends and go out partying ...I had to get up early so told him I had to pass but go ahead...before he left, I told him that whatever he did when he got home to NOT open the bedroom door at the end of hallway...that that was where I kept my pet mountain lion...he obviously assumed I was still crazy enough to be serious.

After he left I took the lion off the log and placed it on the back of my sofa facing the door/light switch my friend would use when he came home...turned the lights out and went to bed...

About 2:45 I heard this high pitched shreik...and my buddy screaming..."the lions out! the lions out!"

DarkReign
09-22-2009, 12:11 PM
I don't know if it was bullshit but he said I could have the guns in the cab and the ammo in the toolbox or I could have the guns in the toolbox and the ammo in the cab but they couldn't be in the same place...

Thats Michigan law, as well. I drive a truck, so I keep the guns in my back seat and the ammo case in the bed (bungie corded, no toolbox).

Texas is not open carry.

Maaaan, you guys have no idea about the bullshit people believe about Texas then.

Up until this conversation, I would have stated with relative confidence that you Texans could have a handgun holstered in public so long as the piece was not concealed.

Urban myth, I guess....or is it county specific? Or is it just plain bullshit from start to finish?

DarkReign
09-22-2009, 12:12 PM

...what a fucked up thing to say...

Cry Havoc
09-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Ultimate Frisbee

Speaking from experience... there as much or more running/conditioning (note not strength training, but actual cardio) necessary to play Ultimate at a high level as there is for football or soccer.

chode_regulator
09-23-2009, 01:03 AM
Thats Michigan law, as well. I drive a truck, so I keep the guns in my back seat and the ammo case in the bed (bungie corded, no toolbox).

Maaaan, you guys have no idea about the bullshit people believe about Texas then.

Up until this conversation, I would have stated with relative confidence that you Texans could have a handgun holstered in public so long as the piece was not concealed.

Urban myth, I guess....or is it county specific? Or is it just plain bullshit from start to finish?

:lmao
Believe it or not I don't ride a horse everywhere either!
Most def not open carry, for handguns. You probably wouldn't make it more than 10 minutes if you walked around Houston with a gun strapped to your hip open carry. Less if a crowded place.
In cars you MUST conceal it, even if you do not have a CCL which is awesome. Except that even if you have a CCL you must still conceal it. Which sucks. I would love to have a holster that fits on the center console of trucks to hold my gun, but alas Texas will not allow it.

http://www.grassburr.com/images/photos/2005_Silverado.JPG

As far as carrying around rifles in your car and on your person, I have no idea. I don't own one so I have never looked into it.

DarkReign
09-23-2009, 08:28 AM
Son of a bitch....and here I thought you did, in fact, ride a horse everywhere you went. Man, you are really harshing my Texas belief system.

Thanks for the explanation, much appreciated.

DarkReign
09-23-2009, 08:30 AM
Is that a 40 or 45? Grip is too long (or so it seems) to be a 9 or 38...

Soul_Patch
09-23-2009, 11:04 AM
I think Mountain Lions are absolutely bad ass, and would never want to see one or even hear of one being killed, but if i made my lively hood off of a flock of sheep, or herd of cattle...and it was killing my lively hood, then of course, one of us has to go.

chode_regulator
09-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Son of a bitch....and here I thought you did, in fact, ride a horse everywhere you went. Man, you are really harshing my Texas belief system.

haha, sorry for ruining your beliefs on Texas. :depressed

Is that a 40 or 45? Grip is too long (or so it seems) to be a 9 or 38...

not sure, i would guess 45. its not mine, thats just a pic of what i would love to have but laws here dont allow.
i will probably end up buying a holster and installing it in my center console.
i think legally though you can have the gun between your seat and console,it just has to be hidden, like under a hat or towel. basically just out of sight.

sonnytris
09-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Short Story on Hunting in Alaska!!!!!!
A hundred or so husbands and families were transferred to work at Prudhoe Bay in the mid 70's. First thing we Texas hunters was ask our local co workers was where to find a good deer lease?????
After they got up from laughting at us Texicans .......they said the 90 % percent of the state of Alaska was federal land ............We did not need a lease to hunt any animals.... only permits required
Is This Country Great or What and yes I approve of hunting as long as you eat what you kill and its in season

phyzik
09-23-2009, 03:22 PM

We still have some dirt roads on the outskirts of towns if that makes you feel any better.

DisAsTerBot
09-23-2009, 03:53 PM
i learned that cows are the only animal that produce milk. and chickens the only to lay eggs.

I like milk and eggs! That creator sure is a wise one.....

The Franchise
09-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Hunting with a bow is real hunting.

No, hunting with a knife is real hunting. Anything else is for pussies. :lol

TDMVPDPOY
09-23-2009, 06:58 PM
hunting an animal in the wild thats defenseless ftl

DarkReign
09-24-2009, 10:25 AM

Yeah, I'd much rather only eat meat culled from farm animals kept in deplorable conditions and stuffed full of steroids.

If youre into humane treatment of animals, you'd find no better way to die then hunting. Have you ever seen how the meat you buy at the grocery store is killed?

Heres a hint: lay on your back with your head at the bottom of about a 25º angle and have some dude with a big knife cut your throat and pull your esophagus out in one deft move. You then get dumped into a pen to kick around, stand up, fall down and generally die a most painful, loud and excruciating death.

Muser
09-24-2009, 10:38 AM

Just like that animal will hunt other animals that are defenseless?

MiamiHeat
09-24-2009, 11:29 AM
No, hunting with a knife is real hunting. Anything else is for pussies. :lol

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9gn6KLa5xtY/Smh1byWzcbI/AAAAAAAAEtU/23T3FC68qN8/s400/CrocodileDundeeWithKnife

phyzik
09-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Some guy on CNN bagged a 30-point buck with a bow and arrow.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/living/2009/09/23/pkg.30.point.buck.wluk

DarkReign
09-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Some guy on CNN bagged a 30-point buck with a bow and arrow.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/living/2009/09/23/pkg.30.point.buck.wluk

I was driving home from "up north" this weekend and I seen the biggest f-ing deer on the back of a pickup I'd ever laid eyes on (bow season just opened).

I am not even sure it was a deer, it was too damn big. The rack had to be...shit....6 feet wide and about 5 feet tall? Total guess there.

But put it this way...the guy who got it had to "skull" it to fit the rack in the bed of his truck by balancing on the tail gate and tying the top of the rack over the roof of his cab.

The body was in his trailer.

I have to think it was a moose or elk or something....but the antler's werent moose....like I said, I have no idea what it was, but it fucking gigantic.

Spursfan092120
09-28-2009, 10:31 AM
You tell me when this son of a bitch is charging at you that it's defenseless.

http://www.cawildlife911.org/_images/buck.jpg

And yes..some deer do charge..It's happened to me.

phyzik
09-28-2009, 10:37 AM
We would see how quickly these animal defenders mind set changes if we where to have a global disaster and there is no more super markets to cater to their soft way of living. Suddenly that supposed defenseless animal starts looking mighty tasty.

Fernando TD21
09-28-2009, 01:39 PM

Not only cows are dumb, they are domesticated animals. Some animals have been raised for thousands of years to behave like that.

Uh.... ( o ) ( o )

DarkReign
09-28-2009, 02:03 PM
We would see how quickly these animal defenders mind set changes if we where to have a global disaster and there is no more super markets to cater to their soft way of living. Suddenly that supposed defenseless animal starts looking mighty tasty.

I think some people just have a hard time reconciling the fact that humans are just as much an animal as the deer/cow/chicken/lamb/elk/moose is.

Sure, we're smarter and talk a helluva lot more, but if I put the chairman of PETA in a room with only a fork and a pig, I know s/he will be having bacon for breakfast in less than a week.

CosmicCowboy
09-28-2009, 02:05 PM
I think some people just have a hard time reconciling the fact that humans are just as much an animal as the deer/cow/chicken/lamb/elk/moose is.

Sure, we're smarter and talk a helluva lot more, but if I put the chairman of PETA in a room with only a fork and a pig, I know s/he will be having bacon for breakfast in less than a week.

Put that bitch in a room with the wild pigs on my place and they will have HER for breakfast.

phyzik
09-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Andrew zimmern just shot some type of deer or something like that on his show Bizarre World. He's also eating Zeebra! Hang him!

DarkReign
09-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Put that bitch in a room with the wild pigs on my place and they will have HER for breakfast.

:lol

Good point, I meant domesticated pig, the kind without tusks, hair and an extremely bad attitude.