PDA

View Full Version : Finley sucking

K-9
01-15-2006, 05:27 PM
that's my conclusion...I was hoping that my favourite player would be rejuvanted in this new environment. Dude is shooting below 40% from the field and is taking less than 2 ft's per game. Are u happy with him? What happened? after the 99-00 season his game has slowly changed. He was still dunking the ball in 2002 but after that season he's just started to suck more and more. Dmn I hate seeing this. he should thrive with the spurs...because if you don't, u suck. Micahel if you're reading this I want u to know that I'm still a fan of yours but you gotta step it up! Start treating the rim like it insulted your mother and attack it! That's what u used to do! I know u still got it!

exstatic
01-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Finley has always been a good FT shooter...who never went to the line. If you were expecting someone to attack the rim, you were destined to be disappointed. I was, however, expecting someone who could actually shoot the ball. Haven't seen that yet...

SenorSpur
01-15-2006, 05:38 PM
We shouldn't be surprised. This is the very thing I complained about (in this forum) prior to Finley coming here. Besides his contract numbers, this is precisely the reason the Mavs considered him expendable.

He's not the type of guy that can or will break his man down off the dribble and attack the rim as he did four or five years ago. He did shoot 4o% from 3-pt line last season. So one would expect he would shoot at least an equal or higher percentage given he's getting cleaner looks.

I questioned the Spurs not resigning Devin and/or letting Maurice Evans get away. This team sorely needs more athleticism. Gerald Wallace (Charlotte) would have been a good acquisition too.

Gummi
01-15-2006, 05:41 PM
What did you expect K-9? You really thought he would average 20+ as a reserve on a very balanced team? I'm quite happy with his play, sure he could be shooting better but he hasn't been horrible.

SequSpur
01-15-2006, 06:01 PM
The problem with most of the Spurs besides Duncan is on offense if they can't create, they are left out to dry.

No picks, no screens, nothing. Get the ball up top, isolate, drive, dish if someone is open and jack up a shot.

Saw it last night...

Memphis ran a clinic in the fourth quarter, did Pop take some notes?

What about Detroit? They ran screens all over the Spurs and DESTROYED them.

Phoenix does it, Dallas will do it....

But the Spurs still run the same iso shit they have ran for 10 years.

GrandeDavid
01-15-2006, 06:17 PM
Michael's looking like a slight upgrade to Brent Barry's game at best...thus far.

mavsfan1000
01-15-2006, 06:41 PM
Well Finley lost it last year. His stats aren't obvious of how much he lost it but he was bad for the entire playoffs. So far Finley has not hurt or helped either the mavs or the spurs.

exstatic
01-15-2006, 06:45 PM
Michael's looking like a slight upgrade to Brent Barry's game at best...thus far.

He's about half the cost. That's the only advantage I see. They're both extremely passive, and shooting much worse than peeps expected when playing off of Tim.

StillBorn
01-15-2006, 06:46 PM
The problem with most of the Spurs besides Duncan is on offense if they can't create, they are left out to dry.

No picks, no screens, nothing. Get the ball up top, isolate, drive, dish if someone is open and jack up a shot.

Saw it last night...

Memphis ran a clinic in the fourth quarter, did Pop take some notes?

What about Detroit? They ran screens all over the Spurs and DESTROYED them.

Phoenix does it, Dallas will do it....

But the Spurs still run the same iso shit they have ran for 10 years.

Funny.
During the Spus last 10 years- hey have won MANY games.

intlspurshk
01-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Considering Finley costs only 2.5m, his performance is okay but Pop use him like a shooting god is quite confusing. I know Pop want him to rediscover his shooting skills but his performance in the playoff showed that he sucked under tight defense. That's has become quite obvious.

T Park
01-15-2006, 08:45 PM
I questioned the Spurs not resigning Devin and/or letting Maurice Evans get away.

Hmm sign a former all star, or resign a CBA player with a back problem.

Yeah I could see where you would have legs in this arguement.

T Park
01-15-2006, 08:47 PM
Gerald Wallace (Charlotte) would have been a good acquisition too.

No thanks.

A player that is a tweener who is also dumber than snot is not wanted.

MI21
01-15-2006, 09:24 PM
No thanks.

A player that is a tweener who is also dumber than snot is not wanted.

Wow. Gerald is a legit 6'8 and plays a mixture of SG/SF. Not a tweener unless tweener means "very good size and NBA body for a couple of positions" which I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

He has LeBron type athleticism, probably even more. He is a pretty good onball defender and is fantastic at blocking shots and getting steals evidenced by his averages of over 2pg for each of those categories. Rebounds very well. Shoot's an insane FG% because he doesn't take stupid shots. Has a very avereage jumpshot, but it has definatly improved since he got to Charlotte.

Gerald Wallace on the Spurs would be incredibly perfect. Sit him behind Bowen for the next 1-2 years, playing backup minutes at swingman (20-22mpg) then slot him in the starting lineup for 10 years after he has learnt the corner 3. Would be a nice matchup for those long 3's, can chase around smaller players, run the break very well and rebound.

PS - Dumb? How the fuck do you know he is dumb? He isn't dumb on the court, and has never had trouble with law or anything. Never bahaved badly when dealing with the Sacramento situation, and is just generally a very quiet dude. You got him confused with someone else?

dbreiden83080
01-15-2006, 09:25 PM
I think for the most part he is fitting in fine, off the bench once Manu was back he needed to start again right away. My concern with Finely is the same as it was when he was in Dallas, he dissappears in big games. Already this year in our 2 games against the Pistons he was awful in both. He comes right back against the Girzzlies and plays well when the pressure is off. Finley to me is a lot like Allan Houston in his prime, a real good shooter who can light it up against bad teams but does not want the ball in big games. Fortunately for us he is just a role player and not a franchise player like the knicks idiotically deemed Houston.

T Park
01-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Dumb? How the fuck do you know he is dumb? He isn't dumb on the court, and has never had trouble with law or anything. Never bahaved badly when dealing with the Sacramento situation, and is just generally a very quiet dude. You got him confused with someone else

dumb as in DERRRR, dumb.

Dumb as in, IQ level.

MI21
01-15-2006, 10:02 PM
You don't know that. You given him an IQ test?

Just because he is nervous in front of cameras and reporters, doesn't mean he is dumb.

Where are links to dumb things he has said or done? Your just making shit up.

T Park
01-15-2006, 10:04 PM
You don't know that. You given him an IQ test?

Just because he is nervous in front of cameras and reporters, doesn't mean he is dumb.

Where are links to dumb things he has said or done? Your just making shit up.

Talking to the guy in person.

Talking to people that know him.

Slow your roll aussie.

MI21
01-15-2006, 10:18 PM
I know he isn't dumb so I'm not going to argue with you.

Even if you think he is dumb, what's that got to do with what he would bring on the court? There is nothing wrong with his basketball IQ.

Lose some rolls, American.

T Park
01-15-2006, 10:20 PM
Lose some rolls, American.

Lovely personal hit there.

Of course I guess I shouldn't expect nicities from such people like you.

Samr
01-15-2006, 11:14 PM
Of course I guess I shouldn't expect nicities from such people like you.

I'm rubber and you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks onto...your third grade joke repertoire.

Peter
01-15-2006, 11:49 PM
Devin Brown was a better fit for this team.

T Park
01-16-2006, 12:07 AM
I'm rubber and you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks onto...your third grade joke repertoire.

you talkin to me kid?

T Park
01-16-2006, 12:08 AM
Devin Brown was a better fit for this team.

yeah those backproblem CBA players are fantastic.

Peter
01-16-2006, 12:11 AM
http://www.wvah.com/programs/kingofthehill/bobbyhill.jpg

Whatever you say, Bobby.

T Park
01-16-2006, 12:19 AM
Denial is a lovely thing.

Dre_7
01-16-2006, 02:57 AM
I questioned the Spurs not resigning Devin and/or letting Maurice Evans get away.

2005 Stats

Devin Brown - 20.7MPG 7.3PPG 0.375FG% 2.8RPG 1.3AST 1.39TO

Maurice Evans - 15.0MPG 5.3PPG 0.460FG% 2.5RPG 0.6AST 0.49 TO

Michael Finley - 28.1MPG 10.0PPG 0.395FG% 3.8RPG 1.5AST 0.77TO

Oh, and I will make the same guarantee about Finley this year, that I made about Barry last year. Michael Finley will come up BIG for SA in the playoffs. BOOK IT!

Obstructed_View
01-16-2006, 03:09 AM
Micahel if you're reading this I want u to know that it's pathetic to be on a fan board reading about yourself. Maybe that's why you are playing so badly. :lol

Slo spurs fan
01-16-2006, 08:54 AM
2005 Stats

Devin Brown - 20.7MPG 7.3PPG 0.375FG% 2.8RPG 1.3AST 1.39TO

Maurice Evans - 15.0MPG 5.3PPG 0.460FG% 2.5RPG 0.6AST 0.49 TO

Michael Finley - 28.1MPG 10.0PPG 0.395FG% 3.8RPG 1.5AST 0.77TO

Oh, and I will make the same guarantee about Finley this year, that I made about Barry last year. Michael Finley will come up BIG for SA in the playoffs. BOOK IT!
:wow Dre_7 !!! You actually wrote something without dissing Rasho??? Is this possible?

Dre_7
01-16-2006, 08:57 AM
:wow Dre_7 !!! You actually wrote something without dissing Rasho??? Is this possible?

:lmao

Slo spurs fan
01-16-2006, 09:14 AM
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5751/freenazrtrade4sn.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
:)

K-9
01-16-2006, 02:36 PM
What did you expect K-9? You really thought he would average 20+ as a reserve on a very balanced team? I'm quite happy with his play, sure he could be shooting better but he hasn't been horrible.

I didn't expect him to average 20+, but I was hoping for at least 13ppg on above 45% shooting...he should be able to get that on this team.

exstatic
01-16-2006, 02:51 PM
I'd settle for the 45% shooting, no matter what the points.

ChumpDumper
01-16-2006, 10:58 PM
Bump. Good effort tonight.

T Park
01-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Two very good efforts in a row.

Could it be possible, hes actually more comfortable in the bench role?!?!?

Played some solid D on the perimiter too.

Lovin it.

boutons_
01-16-2006, 11:07 PM
45% on FG

40% on 3G,

that's exactly the %ages we need. Keep it up through 20 June.