PDA

View Full Version : Manning Calls out Linemen &...

hussker
01-15-2006, 06:27 PM
...gets called out by Terry Bradshaw to STFU.

Horry For 3!
01-15-2006, 06:34 PM
Lineman didn't block worth shit, he has a point.

ducks
01-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Manning Had Some Time Sometimes
He Just Was Very Off Too Day But He Is Off In Playoffs So..

exstatic
01-15-2006, 06:41 PM
Yeah, but you keep that inside the lockerroom. Peeps know who showed up and who didn't.

BTW, good passover for the Pro Bowl on Tarik Glenn. He sucks ass.

cecil collins
01-15-2006, 06:48 PM
Guy has always been a bitch. I remember one time at Tennesee, he was playing in a bowl game and threw and interception. He made the tackle on the return, which I guess hurt him. Then he went over and grabbed his recievers face mask and yelled at him on the field. He needs to stop having hissy fits and take some accountability.

StillBorn
01-15-2006, 06:50 PM
:lmao

I told friends of mine that I thought the Colts would lose the first playoff game. I just felt it. Funny. :lol

ducks
01-15-2006, 06:52 PM
I called it to

StillBorn
01-15-2006, 06:53 PM
I called it to

:tu

TheAdmiral#50
01-15-2006, 07:14 PM
I think Terry said it at halftime. If you are going to make All of the calls on the field, you should take All of the blame.

That being said...Manning has taken more than his share of blame in the past, and has always shouldered the loss even if it wasn't his fault, GOOD for him he spoke his mind and the truth...the protection today for him Was crap.

exstatic
01-15-2006, 07:30 PM
If you are going to make All of the calls on the field, you should take All of the blame.

That's another thing: You don't need to change EVERY fucking play at the line of scrimage. That shit was BEYOND annoying.

FromWayDowntown
01-15-2006, 07:59 PM
Lineman didn't block worth shit, he has a point.

Sure because 5 offensive linemen should be able to stonewall 7-man blitzes. I didn't notice any problems with the Colts blocking when Pittsburgh was rushing 3 or 4 guys and Manning had all day to pick apart the secondary.

In blitz situations, Manning held onto the ball for too long, which allowed the blitzers to get to him. His line is supposed to pick up the immediate inside threats. The sacks by Polamalu and Porter on the last drive were not o-line responsibilities except in a very bizzare pass blocking scheme -- edge rushers coming from beyond the line of scrimmage are the responsibility of the backs and, more importantly, are neutralized by a quarterback who gets rid of the ball upon recognizing the blitz. Peyton needs to STFU and complete passes in a big game when he's not facing pressure before he starts calling out his teammates.

Rummpd
01-15-2006, 08:32 PM
See Mannings in Big Games thread I started a week ago = tells the story!

CharlieMac
01-15-2006, 09:08 PM
Manning should have done a better job reading the defense too.

Manning should have definitely kept that in the lockerroom.

Guru of Nothing
01-15-2006, 10:20 PM
See Mannings in Big Games thread I started a week ago = tells the story!

Fire Tony Dungy! ... Worked for Tampa Bay.

Seriously, Peyton is one of the best QBs in the game (say's Captain Obvious).

Personally, I can't stand Peyton, but it's short-sighted to hate on him.

ShoogarBear
01-15-2006, 10:20 PM
Weak, Peyton. How many times has David Carr called out his line?

hussker
01-15-2006, 10:23 PM

Have to have one to call it out...OUCH

Guru of Nothing
01-15-2006, 10:39 PM
Oops! I badly missed the jist of this thread. ..... I rarely watch the ESPNs.

Fuck Peyton for calling out his line.

It's a team game.

CharlieMac
01-15-2006, 10:49 PM

AHAHAHA!

Brutalis
01-15-2006, 11:11 PM
Colts offensive line shut down when they needed them the most. How pathetic. As a leader Manning pointed it out but he better have also blamed himself for the most part.