PDA

View Full Version : 24 *major spoilers if you missed it*

Pages : [1] 2 3

adrienne
01-15-2006, 10:34 PM
THEY KILLED PRESIDENT PALMER?!? And Michelle?!? If Tony dies, I don't think I'll ever watch it again...he's the most attractive character on the show.:)

It was just the first episode and I'm already emotionally drained.

Horry For 3!
01-15-2006, 10:35 PM
Never heard of it.

adrienne
01-15-2006, 10:40 PM
That's too bad. It's the best show ever made.

atlfan25
01-15-2006, 10:41 PM
It was a surprising start, but still good.

bonesinaz
01-15-2006, 10:42 PM
24 rocks.

adrienne
01-15-2006, 10:43 PM
Oh yeah, so good...but draining all the same. It's totally an abusive boyfriend....treats you so badly, but you can't help coming back for more.

atlfan25
01-15-2006, 10:44 PM
Well 24 can abuse me silly.

It owns my soul.

Zombie
01-15-2006, 10:45 PM
That's too bad. It's the best show ever made.
Sorry, LOST is the best show ever! :lol

adrienne
01-15-2006, 10:46 PM
I have a theory about the president's wife...it's a conspiracy, the president really did try to warn her and the recording was altered. They're using her mental illness to their advantage. I'm calling it now.

atlfan25
01-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Sorry, LOST is the best show ever! :lol
I like them both, but 24 gets my vote.

atlfan25
01-15-2006, 10:47 PM
I have a theory about the president's wife...it's a conspiracy, the president really did try to warn her and the recording was altered. They're using her mental illness to their advantage. I'm calling it now.

Did you miss the end of the second show?

adrienne
01-15-2006, 10:49 PM
I watched it at my parents and they were talking, did that advisor guy mention the recording specifically?

atlfan25
01-15-2006, 10:52 PM
I watched it at my parents and they were talking, did that advisor guy mention the recording specifically?
Ya, he was on the phone with that one bad guy saying how he altered the recording before logan got it.

So right now it seems that adviser is the only traitor.

adrienne
01-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Oh okay...all I heard was that it didn't sound like Palmer warned her...pretty vital little bit of information I missed there, eh?

atlfan25
01-15-2006, 11:17 PM
haha at least you know that your theory was correct

adrienne
01-15-2006, 11:44 PM
True. I should totally write for them. I'll write myself in as Tony's new love interest when he miraculously survives since Michelle was killed.

Trainwreck2100
01-15-2006, 11:59 PM
Fucking A, I missed it, I already knew who was gonna die, but still. THe person in charge of recording thought it was tomorrow, so I must kill him

T Park
01-16-2006, 12:12 AM
Pretty stupid killing of 2/3 of a good cast.

Fox is running out of ideas IMO.

T Park
01-16-2006, 12:13 AM
And the whole Jack Bauer being an outlaw and hated by our government is quite old as well.

2centsworth
01-16-2006, 12:19 AM
great show!

adrienne
01-16-2006, 12:30 AM
T PARK, YOU BLASHPHEMER! :spin

I actually kind of like how they've handled it. I was at a loss for how they were going to go about bringing Jack back into it when he was supposed to be dead...and I'm definately already into this season after just two hours.

However, my one true wish for this season is for Chloe and Edgar to hook up.

T Park
01-16-2006, 12:34 AM
I was at a loss for how they were going to go about bringing Jack back into it when he was supposed to be dead

How about, we told the Chinese to shove it up their ass, youve saved out country 4 times, your on our side.

No, gotta make it drawn out, stupid and complicated.

my one true wish for this season is for Chloe and Edgar to hook up

Why does LA Law flash in my head when I see this.

Is Edgar the big fat computer dork?

adrienne
01-16-2006, 12:35 AM
Yes he is. They are meant for each other.

King
01-16-2006, 12:36 AM
Pretty stupid killing of 2/3 of a good cast.

Fox is running out of ideas IMO.

And the whole Jack Bauer being an outlaw and hated by our government is quite old as well.

That's the idea of the show - because nobody saw it coming. And this is actually Jack's first time being an 'outlaw' because this is the first episode where CTU is against him. It can't be old yet.

T Park
01-16-2006, 12:52 AM
Jack's first time being an 'outlaw'

You forget he got fired between season's 1 and 2?

T Park
01-16-2006, 12:52 AM
Yes he is

They shoulda let the chick from Roseanne live from season 2 and let her continue to do it.

StillBorn
01-16-2006, 12:53 AM
Never seen one episode.

I'll pass.

atlfan25
01-16-2006, 12:55 AM
You forget he got fired between season's 1 and 2?
Naw, he quit between those seasons.

He was fired after season 3 because of the drug addiction.

T Park
01-16-2006, 12:58 AM
Pardon me.

So hes been barred from CTU only a couple times.

lol

another thing thats funny, is how many people the terrorists get to work for them on the inside of the white house, CTU.

UNCANNY!!!

scott
01-16-2006, 01:23 AM
Killing show mainstays in the first 10 minutes - I love it!!! There is nothing better than a good jolt to start the season.

Now we just wait for the inevitable appearance by the skinny brown-headed slut who in every season manages to 1) get laid 2) get involved in some plot to bring down the country. It's amazing she can still find work, given how none of the schemes she's been involved with have ever worked. While she may do her part to perfection (although with some complication, like last season), she doesn't have a track record of success on her resume. Poor slutty terrorist girl...

adrienne
01-16-2006, 01:32 AM
Wait, what happened to that girl at the end of last season? (I have a hard time remembering, I was distracted by shirtless Almaeda...)

scott
01-16-2006, 01:33 AM
She was in the apartment complex boning some dude (shocker)... and here is where my memory gets sketchy... they searched the complex for her... Tony found her... she held him hostage... I think she eventually got away somehow.

adrienne
01-16-2006, 01:43 AM
Well yeah, I remembered her being in the complex and her holding Tony hostage...that is when he was shirtless.:)

scott
01-16-2006, 01:47 AM
I can't sort out between the 853490483290432 other dudes she has boffed on the show... did she and Tony slip a quickie in?

T Park
01-16-2006, 02:02 AM
They caught her, the black dude from CTU, that is still there, head butted her and caught her.

Remember, she spilled where Marwan was and thats how Bauer got there but marwan jumped off the parking garage?!?!!?

Trainwreck2100
01-16-2006, 02:19 AM
They caught her, the black dude from CTU, that is still there, head butted her and caught her.

Remember, she spilled where Marwan was and thats how Bauer got there but marwan jumped off the parking garage?!?!!?

She spilled and got immunity or a presidential pardon

BJack24
01-16-2006, 04:09 AM
All I am going to say is KIEFER SUTHERLAND is a fucking BAD ASS actor. Damn that episode was awesome.

BJack24
01-16-2006, 04:11 AM
Now we just wait for the inevitable appearance by the skinny brown-headed slut who in every season manages to 1) get laid 2) get involved in some plot to bring down the country. It's amazing she can still find work, given how none of the schemes she's been involved with have ever worked. While she may do her part to perfection (although with some complication, like last season), she doesn't have a track record of success on her resume. Poor slutty terrorist girl...

ATL, care to post the pic of her? I know you love her.

Brutalis
01-16-2006, 06:45 AM
Sutherland is a great actor and 24 is a good show. A lot better than that ignorant Lost show. My mom kept getting pist off cause I would tell her what I think will happen next, "that dude is gunna die" and turns out they do. Weird.

rr2418
01-16-2006, 10:22 AM
THEY KILLED PRESIDENT PALMER?!? And Michelle?!? If Tony dies, I don't think I'll ever watch it again...he's the most attractive character on the show.:)

GREAT SHOW!!!!! :lol

But I'm wondering how anyone else knew of Jack being alive? Only Tony, Michelle, Palmer, and Chloe knew of him faking his death. I guess we'll find out later on. My guess right now is that Chloe gave that info to that guy she was sleeping with. That guy is probably working for the bad guys!

Michelle was a babe. I hated to see her killed off!! :cuss

Spurminator
01-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Dammit, my DVR didn't record it. They better re-run it soon...

atlfan25
01-16-2006, 11:48 AM
GREAT SHOW!!!!! :lol

But I'm wondering how anyone else knew of Jack being alive? Only Tony, Michelle, Palmer, and Chloe knew of him faking his death. I guess we'll find out later on. My guess right now is that Chloe gave that info to that guy she was sleeping with. That guy is probably working for the bad guys!

Michelle was a babe. I hated to see her killed off!! :cuss

Check out the prequel to season 5.http://www.angelfire.com/ult/24natic/prequel.htm

Cant_Be_Faded
01-16-2006, 01:52 PM
I wanted to watch it last night but I didn't have an entire hour to set aside.

rr2418
01-16-2006, 04:05 PM
Check out the prequel to season 5.http://www.angelfire.com/ult/24natic/prequel.htm

Thanks for the prequel site!! That answers that question. Did they show this on tv?

McKenzie
01-16-2006, 05:25 PM

Ok, someone else has spilled it.

What in the FUCK was the reason to kill President Palmer? So Jack will become totally unglued and waste a foreign government or what? Unfucking real. Palmer was just getting his life together following the death of his ex-bitch wife, his big time contributor and his brother's fling with the young assed wife of money bags, by doing those Allstate commercials. I can understand Michelle. but I can not accept David Palmer's death.

atlfan25
01-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the prequel site!! That answers that question. Did they show this on tv?
I don't think so. I think that's only on the season 4 dvd set.

On the season 4 prequel they show Jack getting fired and then a sexual moment with him and Audrey.

Marklar MM
01-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Part 2 of the 4 hour season premier is tonight at 8pm Eastern.

Marklar MM
01-16-2006, 07:52 PM
http://www.24-italia.it/foto/cast/mia_kirshner_mandy/mk_010.jpg
Might be her
or her
http://www.geocities.com/TwentyFour_fox/MichelleDressler.jpg

atlfan25
01-16-2006, 07:55 PM
Ok, someone else has spilled it.

What in the FUCK was the reason to kill President Palmer? So Jack will become totally unglued and waste a foreign government or what? Unfucking real. Palmer was just getting his life together following the death of his ex-bitch wife, his big time contributor and his brother's fling with the young assed wife of money bags, by doing those Allstate commercials. I can understand Michelle. but I can not accept David Palmer's death.
It's not bad. They get rid of his character permanently without having Palmer overstay his welcome as well as show that they aren't afraid to do anything. I expect Jack to be killed off eventually as well, mostly because that's what Kiefer said they should do with him before his character gets too old.

atlfan25
01-16-2006, 07:56 PM
hot terrorist bitch

i hope she is backhttp://www.24-italia.it/foto/cast/mia_kirshner_mandy/mk_007.jpg

BJack24
01-16-2006, 09:35 PM

I am excited about tonight!

adrienne
01-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Great episode tonight!

*MORE SPOILERS*

I screamed out loud "I LOVE THIS SHOW!" when the wall blew out...and there was no one there....and then they come through right behind the terrorists. GREATEST. SHOW. EVER.

By the way, they had better not make Sean Astin in on it...Rudy can not be a terrorist.

Spurminator
01-17-2006, 12:44 AM
Found some torrents of last night's episodes and made it through all 4 tonight.

Pretty good, but they're getting more and more sloppy with the timing... News breaks within 30 seconds of every event? Everyone lives within three minutes from CTU and they change in the car?

Either way, still the best show on Network TV.

Spurminator
01-17-2006, 12:51 AM
Oh and that "Prequel" is a ten minute Toyota commercial. Nothing more.

T Park
01-17-2006, 01:47 AM
I didn't understand the prequel.

All I saw was Jack Bauer racing his Toyota Avalon against that dude's BMW.

And Chloe driving a freakin stupid ass Prius.

Vashner
01-17-2006, 03:38 AM
Holy shit I would love to be at Christmas dinner at the Sutherland residence...

Imagine the conversation over dinner and into the night...

I wonder ....

MannyIsGod
01-21-2006, 02:52 AM
Ok, I finished season four last night and I ran through the 4 episodes of seaosn 5 tonight.

The fucking killed the Allstate President! What the hell!?!?!?!? And they killed my boy Tony's wife and seriously fucked up Tony? Damn!

Chloe remains the funniest character on the show, and I'm not too happy with the introduction of a damn hobbit.

There are a few mainstays of each 24 season:

1) There needs to be a mole in CTU. This time the dude in the White House might be the only mole, but I woudln't be suprised to see a CTU mole eventually.

2) Jack needs to be rouge at some point. Already happend in the first episode, but woudln't be suprised to see a few more episodes of rouge Jack.

3) Nuclear Devices must be present.

Man, season five looks to be off to a kick ass start. This show is the best thing on TV right now. The funny thing is that it is so damn unrealistic, and usually that ruins shit for me. But Jack is just such a bad ass it doesn't even matter.

DO IT NOW!

rr2418
01-21-2006, 07:25 PM
First of Manny, you are right about Tony being the man. He was such a bad ass in season 4. He will be important in this season I think.

You said there needs to be a spy in CTU. I know who it is. It HAS to be the guy Chloe is seeing at CTU. She is a nutcase. Why else would he want to be with her other than to get info and shit? He is working for the terrorists.

And this whole not-signing-the-treaty this is just a diversion that the Terrorists are using (Similar to season's 4 train bombing).

The only thing I REALLY WANT TO KNOW is who, out of Jack, Michelle, Palmer, Chloe, or Tony told someone about Jack being alive. My bet is Palmer. That is why he looked guilty before his death.

The real focus of the show is the terrorists killing those who knew about Jack to draw Jack out into the public eye. I think the terrorists plan on using Jack for something. Is Kim Bauer, Jack's daughter, in season 5? If so, she will be kidknapped without a doubt.

Thoughts anyone? Give me your ideas!

By now I guess you've heard of the prequel that runs about 10 minutes. Well, in that prequel, Chloe tells Jack that someone tapped into her computer hard drive while she was trying to doctor Jack's autopsy report. Apparently they knew what they were doing, like which files to get,..etc. Hmmm, seems like maybe a mole at CTU?? I had the same question about how they found out about Jack. I thought it might've been the guy Chloe was sleeping with. But still, why did they tap into Chloe's computer anyway? Did they find out by accident that Jack was still alive? What were they lookong for?

MannyIsGod
01-23-2006, 08:49 PM
I'm going to wait to watch it. I watch them with Jess and shes at class, so I'll download a torrent tonight and watch it then. I'm giong to have to ban myself from this thread untill I do.

01-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Jean Smart has really good cleavage.

01-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Methinks Chloe is going to play Spencer.

Spurminator
01-23-2006, 10:02 PM
WOW!

"I'm not CTU, I'll get Cummings myself."

LOL... I love that guy. I'm not ashamed to say it.

Vashner
01-23-2006, 10:05 PM
They showed Jack getting shot by secret service next week.

jk*

Spurminator
01-23-2006, 10:07 PM
In the same vein as Chuck Norris Facts, here are Facts About Jack Bauer:

http://www.notrly.com/jackbauer/

atlfan25
01-23-2006, 10:42 PM
I just love that no lawyer shit because they're in a crisis.

atlfan25
01-30-2006, 11:44 PM
great episode tonight..sheyiit

Vashner
01-31-2006, 01:03 AM
Where is the gas heading?

Spurminator
01-31-2006, 01:06 AM
I wish he would have taken one of Cummings' eyes... How cool would it be for that guy to spend the rest of the series wearing a pirate eye patch?

Despot
01-31-2006, 01:09 AM
so cummings was only bad because he wanted to strengthen the US?

I am a lil confused

Since we couldn't find WMD's in that part of Asia, he wanted to give it to them so that we could *prove* that they had them. Like planting evidence.

Vashner
01-31-2006, 01:11 AM
And that part about Jack telling the Prez he would "disappear" again. WTF?? I think he was waiting for POTUS to day "no sir your on the job" blah blah.

Despot
01-31-2006, 01:12 AM
Did anyone else notice that look Jack gave the President after they took Cummings out of the room? He just stared at him and was thinking "What a stupid f*ck you are, and you wanted me dead".

Spurminator
01-31-2006, 01:15 AM
A little too much of the "I still love you Jack" stuff in this episode for my tastes.

I'm pretty sure the three women in the US who watch 24 will continue to do so without the cheesy romantic subplots.

Vashner
01-31-2006, 01:30 AM
Yea it was way to "ER" for me. They did the same thing with that skinny chick in that show. Why don't they just show her chain smoking? That's how she got those spider hands anyway. Sad but true how everyone in a office sleeps together.

NASpurs
01-31-2006, 05:40 AM
when are they gonna bring back the hot terrorist bitch?

and is Elisha Cuthbert ever gonna be in 24 again!?!?!?!?

I don't wanna spoil anything but this may answer your Elisha Cuthbert question

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0502260/

I hope it's true! :elephant

Ballcox
01-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Just a question for hardcore 24 fans. I've just finished watching the 1st season of this show and I have to admit, it's been fucking good. I didn't think I would like it much, but I've been into it and really enjoyed the 1st season. So, now I'm watching the current season and haven't seen any of seasons 2&3. Are there any story lines/ongoing themes in the show that someone could summarize for me briefly that would add to my understanding of this season's episodes? I've pieced together some information from reading all the threads on this topic, just wondering if I'm missing out on any other critical info. Thanks for the help! :smokin

Ballcox
01-31-2006, 04:30 PM
Bump, and can someone please fill me in on above info? Thanks!

Ballcox
01-31-2006, 05:06 PM
^ Well, between only having watched season 1 and now watching season 5, I feel like I've missed out on a lot of the character development, story lines, etc. So, any info to kind of help me connect the dots leading into this season is appreciated. Some of my main questions:

- How did Jack die at the end of last season, what lead to him having to fake his death?

- What's up with his family, daughter and wife? Why did he have to leave them behind?

- What's his status as a federal agent? What were his previous relationships with Palmer and his brother?

- What's up with Palmer's wife?

Probably too many questions, but I'm just trying to put info together as I watch this season. Thanks.

Spurminator
01-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Got time to read a while?

http://www.tv.com/24/show/3866/episode_guide.html&season=2

scott
01-31-2006, 10:37 PM
They should bring back the chick Jack had the romantic tension with in season 2 (Aussie actress who played the blonde terrorist bitch's sister). I recall at the beginning of season 3 she called Jack in the first episode and said something to the effect of "I miss you" and that's all we got from her.

Anyway, bring her back to kick the shit out of Audrey, then her and the new chick who "Frank" was living with can make out while hot terrorist bitch watches.

MannyIsGod
01-31-2006, 11:39 PM
God I hate Kim. I hate that shes coming back, but maybe she'll die.

Thats probably my favorite part about 24. You can usually count on the people you dislike on the show dying because everyone dies except Jack. I can't wait for the new president to die because I hate his damn guts.

Pretty decent season so far, but I'm with Spurminator about the romantic bs. They just need to drop it.

Trainwreck2100
02-01-2006, 12:40 AM
Kim Bauer (Cuthbert) is coming back

"24" .... Kim Bauer (2001-2004, 2006)
- Day 5: 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. (2006) TV Episode .... Kim Bauer
- Day 5: 3:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. (2006) TV Episode .... Kim Bauer
- Day 5: 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. (2006) TV Episode .... Kim Bauer
- Day 5: 1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. (2006) TV Episode .... Kim Bauer

I bet you she is the one at the end of the previews that holds up her hands from behind the bed as Jack is pointing a gun at her.

God I hate Kim. I hate that shes coming back, but maybe she'll die.
That would piss off the target audience.

Trainwreck2100
02-06-2006, 09:48 PM
That bike guy is so dead.

Marklar MM
02-06-2006, 10:35 PM
That bike guy is so dead.

That terrorist is one mean prick.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-06-2006, 11:01 PM
That terrorist is one mean prick.

Straight up lied to the guys face

Trainwreck2100
02-07-2006, 12:39 AM
I thought he was gonna do what marwan did last year, and tell his henchman to kill him, but he broke his word.

Pandaemonaeon
02-11-2006, 07:42 AM
http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/5585/bauernooo3xu.gif

Nooooo!!!! Not another "psycho family member" sub-plot!

Trainwreck2100
02-11-2006, 10:18 AM
http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/5585/bauernooo3xu.gif

Nooooo!!!! Not another "psycho family member" sub-plot!

This one might go somewhere, because now that crackhead has his wallet, which might contain some sort of CTU ID that cn get into the wrong hands

Vashner
02-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Hum they did hand him his "lvl 3 card" like 2-3 episodes back when he was cleared.

adrienne
02-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Oh man, who knew it was possible to be madly in love with a fictional character? But I am, I truly am...

If you haven't watched the episode yet don't read the rest of my post...

When he took off his mask and gave it to that little girl (who he referred to as "honey" by the way), then carried her out...I swear I was about to call Kiefer Sutherland and propose marriage. But only if he would permanently take on the identity of Jack Bauer.

Spurminator
02-14-2006, 12:39 AM
I think tonight's episode may have been the best of all time. I hate to make a proclamation like that without other great episodes being fresh in my memory, but this episode had pretty much everything for the duration. Moral dilemmas, intensity, hints at future twists... Greatness.

Gerryatrics
02-20-2006, 07:07 AM
Pretty good stuff so far this season, even though it slowed down for an episode or two. I want to see Jack cap some terrorists, not talk out his feelings with Audrey.

http://static.flickr.com/30/96299710_c114cf7d1c_o.jpg

Now FOX just needs to bring Prison Break back...

2centsworth
02-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Who's going to die first, everyone in America or this President?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-20-2006, 10:05 PM
Man, I think the president does something stupid in every episode.

Spurminator
02-20-2006, 10:08 PM
Bauer took a helicopter down with a handgun.

Any other show/movie I would have been like "Yeah right," but I don't question Jack Bauer.

Vashner
02-21-2006, 01:12 AM
Rudy is a bad guy....

This president has no ballz.. I like his wife.

DON VITO
02-21-2006, 02:16 PM
THat was an awesome episode.

adrienne
02-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Kim coming back next week, and there are TWO EPISODES! I can't wait...

By the way, they said "the biggest suprise of the season" while showing Tony...if they make the most attractive man 24 has ever seen a bad guy somehow, I quit.

Spurminator
03-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Interesting night tonight... The first episode was simply awesome, then it was folowed up with quite possibly the worst episode in the history of the show, not counting the ones with Dennis Hopper.

Why couldn't Kim die? What a perfect opportunity to kill her off and the writers blew it. Her scene with Jack was baffling. Stupifying! Awful! You're telling me THAT'S the reaction a daughter would have upon seeing a father she thought was dead? Is she a robot? What the fuck??

I'm also relieved it takes the LAPD only 45 minutes to find two dead druggies in an apartment after they are shot with a silenced weapon. Los Angeleans should be proud.

The only redeeming part of the episode was Edgar finally dying (quite a cheesy death there too), though I never would have traded him for Kim.

Faccia di Angelo
03-07-2006, 08:28 AM
I never watch this show, but my sis and her boyfriend watch it religiously. Its not bad at all. Very good in fact. I need to go back and check out the other seasons, but that President, oh my Lord :bang And yes, Kim's reaction was pretty lame.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-07-2006, 10:08 AM
It's nice to see that there are people in the world who actually agree that Kim is completely useless. I almost expected there to be a big "Woohoo! Elisha Cuthbert is hot, I'm glad she's back!" reaction. Man, she has to be the worst actress in the history of that show.

Sucks for Edgar to eat it like that, although it finally ends the will they/won't they dynamic between him and Chloe. Of course, she was just wrapping up a one night stand with that Spencer guy when the day/season began so she'd be a pretty big ho if they had. And what the hell happened to Rudy/Sam/McGill? Wasn't he down in a holding cell when this shit went down?

Seems to be leading towards Tony killing the defense contractor that Jack captured in the medical area. The teasers for next week said that one more person was going to die while they locked in. I hope it's Kim new boyfriend, because I just don't like him. You're gonna tell Jack Bauer how to talk to his own daughter? That's a fast track to catching two in the head, sucka.

Vashner
03-07-2006, 01:31 PM
I think Rudy is going to have to redeem himself since he caused all that shit.

Edgar was a huge part of the show.

I think that guy that they are drugging also is up to something.

easjer
03-07-2006, 01:51 PM
I really liked both episodes, though I knew the Kim thing would suck. Because she/her character has ALWAYS sucked. Ugh, I hate her.

I knew as soon as the druggie boyfriend said he was selling the keycard that a) they would be killed and b) that the Centox was going into the CTU ventilation system.

I liked that twist. Loved it actually, but was totally baffled by how there are no gas masks available in a counter terrorism unit. It would seem like standard fare to me. Also baffled as to why they were unable to back up the truck containing the containment unit to the door of the hospital . . .

Also, the president = barf and the VP assessment was way off because he clearly had more than 18 targets for detonation of the nerve gas. Also, declare a pre-emptive martial law? Huh? In what world is that a good idea? I know if a pre-emptive martial law was declared in Houston, I'd sit calmly in my home assuming everything was ok!

Marklar MM
03-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Kaboom...who is gonna go out and save CTU. OOOooooOOOO. My guess is that it will be Henderson.

easjer
03-07-2006, 04:39 PM
I don't think it'll be Henderson. I think Henderson will be killed by Tony in revenge for Michelle's death. Since they are locked in together and all Tony knows is that Henderson may be responsible.

Spurminator
03-07-2006, 04:50 PM
If they must torture us with Kim's return, I propose that she die in the next episode after crawling through the ventilation system to save her father... Of course, it's a tight squeeze so she'll need to strip down and oil herself up real nice.

That would almost make her guest appearance worthwhile.

Marklar MM
03-07-2006, 05:01 PM
If they must torture us with Kim's return, I propose that she die in the next episode after crawling through the ventilation system to save her father... Of course, it's a tight squeeze so she'll need to strip down and oil herself up real nice.

That would almost make her guest appearance worthwhile.

:eyebrows :jack

King
03-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Don't tell me CTU doesn't have some retinal scanners or fingerprint access or something.

adrienne
03-13-2006, 11:03 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

http://www.sf-radio.net/24/charaktere/bilder/almeida_tony.jpg
http://us.ent4.yimg.com/tv.yahoo.com/images/he/photo/tv_pix/fox/24_photos/carlos_bernard/243.jpg
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/24/wallpaper/340/tony.jpg

He's too pretty to die! :cry :cry :cry

Vashner
03-13-2006, 11:49 PM
Rudy's dead!

Vashner
03-14-2006, 05:09 AM
He was not dead just injected with a full dose of talk juice.

They just need Sayid and a pair of pliers...

easjer
03-14-2006, 09:36 AM
Dude is dead. It was a lethal dose he prepped there, in order to kill the mean dude.

Bastards. I hearted Tony. Hearted him, do you understand? Hearted!

:depressed

But I'm not unhappy Rudy is dead. Farewell Samwise Gamgee.

Sniffle. I agree with Adrienne. Tony was too pretty and tortured to die. What's the point of the 24 movie if Tony is not there to be pretty in it? HUH?

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-14-2006, 09:49 AM
Yeah, killing Tony sucks. I kind of figured he wasn't going to make it out of the season alive, but I was hoping he'd go out in a little more of a blaze of glory. Give him a proper send off, like Kiefer Sutherland's "Doc" Scurlock in Young Guns II. What makes it suck worse is that Kim still lives. And I have this gut feeling that we haven't seen the last of her this season. The doctor is somehow connected to this, I just know it.

T Park
03-14-2006, 07:17 PM
Tony is dead.

That syringe was there to kill the dude.

Just curious a question for the 24 guys.

Are you TRYING to make this season suck?

IMO, this is the worst season yet.

The storyline is boring, killing off damn near everyone in CTU is stupid.

killing off every likeable character is annoying.

Makes you wonder if this is a big sendoff for the show.

Almaeda who was SOMEWHAT interesting, GONE.
Edgar, annoying, but ok like the retarded dude on LA Law. DEAD
Rudy. Porky asshole, but woke up later on from getting the truth bashed into his head.

I dont get the story line.

But, on top of that,

Jack Bauer is still the baddest mofo in the history of television.

Long live Jack Bauer.

King
03-14-2006, 08:45 PM
Do you think Tony's dead?

There was absolutely no reason to bring Tony back if he died like that. He contributed nothing to the storyline this season at all, so what was the point in bringing him back? They could've killed him off with Dessler at the beginning. Something tells me there's more for him.

There was also no silent clock at the end. Whenever someone important dies, the clock is silent at the end of the show. Last night it beeped.

Vashner
03-15-2006, 01:55 AM
I think the Presidents wife is gonna dump him as soon as the danger is over and go to bed with the Sec Service agent.

T Park
03-15-2006, 03:16 AM
lmao

Would you blame her Vashner??

Hes a window to what John Kerry would've been like.

adrienne
03-15-2006, 10:04 PM
Okay, so I was talking to my Dad, and he read a theory somewhere that I am now convinced is true. :lol

The CTU doctor is involved with the whole plot, and the reason Henderson hasn't cracked is because the chemical/medicine/whatever the crap it is isn't real.

This would also explain the lack of a silent clock at the end of Monday's episode...Tony is not dead. If the stuff wasn't enough to crack Henderson, it's not enough to kill Tony.

Ta da!

T Park
03-15-2006, 10:07 PM
Adrienne.

The 24 website, has him as DECEASED

its time to move on........

scott
03-15-2006, 11:05 PM
Surprised they didn't bring back the same terrorist slut from the last 4 seasons... new terrorist slut seems less devoted to terrorizing and more devoting to sluting it up than old terrorist slut.

Terrorist. Slut. Slut. Terrorist.

Had to make sure I said that enough times in one post.

atlfan25
03-15-2006, 11:08 PM
i am glad to see another hot terrorist bitch

and tony could still be revived at the beginning of the next episode..

it would be dick of them not to give tony a silent clock after he died

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-21-2006, 03:37 PM
If for no other reason than to keep this thread going, my thoughts on the latest episode:

1. Carlos Bernard got his name in the credits even though he only appeared for 5 seconds while some guys put a sheet over his body. I don't know who is agent is, but they are good.

2. The Homeland Security broad said that there would be consequences for Jack handing over the "Wet List". Please, bitch. You couldn't hold a candle to George Mason, and the most he was ever able to do was force Jack out of CTU. You know how many people have told Jack that there would be consequences? Tons. And you know what keeps happening to them? George Mason? Dead. Nina Meyers, who spent half the first season telling Jack that he was in a ton of trouble and should turn himself in? Dead. I think Michelle Dessler may have said something to that effect during season four and she's gone. Erin Drischoll is theoretically still breathing, but her daughter died. Bill Buchanon has said so you know his days are numbered. About the only head of CTU that didn't get all pissy with Jack would be Tony. One more reason he didn't deserve to go. Poor Tony. He was probably second only to Jack in terms of coming through in the clutch.

3. Is Audrey really a traitor? I kinda hope so. After they killed off Nina and Sherry Palmer there really haven't been any really good female villains on there. There's the previously mentioned hot skanky terrorist who showed up for an episode or two in all the previous seasons (Mia Kirshner is the actress' name, BTW), but she lacks the evil charm of Nina and Sherry.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
03-21-2006, 03:42 PM
I want to learn how to make stuff self destruct like jack did

Spurminator
03-21-2006, 03:48 PM
They are taking more liberties with time this year than in any previous season. They're trying to pack too many characters, plot developments, and action scenes into one 24-hour period. I feel like I've already watched three seasons.

The last three episodes were borderline ridiculous, but I do like the Audrey development. Anxious to see where that goes.

adrienne
03-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Yeah, that lady has no idea what she's talking about.

When are all these people going to come to the realization that they shouldn't be telling Jack what to do? ALWAYS LISTEN TO JACK! He should be president.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-21-2006, 04:02 PM
Yeah, that lady has no idea what she's talking about.

When are all these people going to come to the realization that they shouldn't be telling Jack what to do? ALWAYS LISTEN TO JACK! He should be president.

There was another moment like that, when Jack told the German intelligence agent he was being put in custody. "You can't do that!" = the fastest way to getting shot in the leg by Jack.

Vashner
03-21-2006, 05:33 PM
And the X Presidents Son getting chased.

I was screaming at the TV.... Your telling me a top of the line Benz can't burn a standard Ford cargo van???

I was like "smoke his ass" (punch it)... in RL that Benz can maybe do 150...

scott
03-21-2006, 06:43 PM
At least we finally figured out that German Intelligence is behind the Dharma Project...

King
03-21-2006, 07:05 PM
At least we finally figured out that German Intelligence is behind the Dharma Project...

I was wondering if anyone else caught who that was.

Spurminator
03-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Ahhh, was that Dmitry, or whatever that guy's name was? The runner from the first episode of Season 2?

King
03-21-2006, 11:03 PM
Desmond, and yeah.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
03-28-2006, 12:36 AM
Tonights episode was grrrrrrrreat.

(I'm guessing the vice president is in on it??)

King
03-28-2006, 01:09 AM
I called the first lady's assistant being sketchy after the first episode she was in.

Vashner
03-28-2006, 01:33 AM
Yea how the hell does that chick and Buckaroo Bonzai are all normal just like 1 hour after a near lethal does of truth juice. LOL they would be out of it for days if not weeks.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-28-2006, 10:26 AM
I was disapointed that Audrey turned out to be innocent. I figured that she'd turned traitor out of anger at the government, esp. President Logan, for turning its back on Jack to hand him over to the Chinese even after all he did for his country, and blames them for Jack's death. So she goes along with Cummings' plot, figuring that a terrorist attack on US soil the day of signing Logan's anti-terrorist pact would be fittingly embarrassing for the President. But Cummings didn't tell her about the nerve gas, so she didn't realize how many people could get hurt in all of this, and now that she knows Jack is alive she wants to help. So she gives them the info and the episode plays out like it did. Anything would have been better than the sexual harrassment chick. Oh, and I called the gas company plot last week. My wife can verify that.

With the nerve gas out of play I'm eager to see what threat will be the problem for the next eight hours. The VP is looking shadier by the second.

Spurminator
03-28-2006, 10:34 AM
Anyone else notice it took Jack less than 5 minutes to get from the airport to the CTU central office?

CosmicCowboy
03-28-2006, 11:16 AM
The gas company plot was soooooo friggen weak. What a stupidly impossible way to distribute the sarin...it would burn up with the gas wherever the gas was being burned...

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-28-2006, 11:19 AM
What struck me as odd is that the terrorists needed some kind of high tech intel broker to get their hands on a schematic of the gas company. I kind of figured that that would be part of public record somewhere, since it's a public utility. I wouldn't think that it would be easy to access, but I can't think you'd need to call in an international hot terrorist bitch to get it either.

CosmicCowboy
03-28-2006, 11:27 AM
What struck me as odd is that the terrorists needed some kind of high tech intel broker to get their hands on a schematic of the gas company. I kind of figured that that would be part of public record somewhere, since it's a public utility. I wouldn't think that it would be easy to access, but I can't think you'd need to call in an international hot terrorist bitch to get it either.

:lol

and after they got the schematic they had to get the employee to show them where the control room was and ask him how to lower the pressure...LOL

easjer
03-28-2006, 12:27 PM
The insider is the VP. I called it last night. He was the one who knew Wayne Palmer was on his way and let him in. He was the one who set up the curfew against the law. He's in league with Henderson, and the First Lady's assistant has some knowledge of it. Think of the previews - it's not her, because they showed her. But she'll know something and will spill it.

Also, seriously, they get away with a shit ton of torture on this show. I don't care how much time they do or do not have, there is no way in HELL that they TORTURE the Sec of Defense's daughter and top aide without KNOWING THAT SHE'S GOT INFO.

I must say though, that Audrey looked pretty good at the end of the episode for someone who had recently survived a Centox nerve gas attack followed by torture. I wonder who styled her hair before she made her reappearance in CTU work area. And she took the whole torture thing pretty well, all things considered.

It would have been much more believable to skip the torture and give her truth serum. I'm just sayin' . . . not that I'm bothered by it at all as it goes on. I still love this show.

easjer
03-28-2006, 12:28 PM
Also - Jack recovers surprisingly quickly for a guy with a weak heart who was just stun-gunned.

Jack Bauer
03-28-2006, 12:39 PM
I've been saving the world for four years now and people still question my skills. You want to know how I survive all of that? And how I get around LA so quickly? I'm the one asking the questions. All you need to know about me is that if anyone on this board tries to question my authority it will become the worst day of their existence in a hurry. Understand?

CosmicCowboy
03-28-2006, 12:44 PM
I've been saving the world for four years now and people still question my skills. You want to know how I survive all of that? And how I get around LA so quickly? I'm the one asking the questions. All you need to know about me is that if anyone on this board tries to question my authority it will become the worst day of their existence in a hurry. Understand?
:lmao

Spurminator
03-28-2006, 01:47 PM
:lmao

Dammit, another "Why didn't I think of that first" handle...

Vashner
03-28-2006, 07:06 PM
Yea they went on that raid but none of them had gas mask / suit.

Uh huh... are they stupid or what (producers). This show is starting to suck.

Marklar MM
04-03-2006, 09:06 PM
OOOO. What a loop? That crazy ass president. OO LALA.

Marklar MM
04-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Maybe he is just a pawn in the game? Henderson might be behind it all. Or possibly Heller(DOD).

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-03-2006, 09:51 PM
The insider is the VP. I called it last night.

Care to revise?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-03-2006, 09:57 PM
The producers have alot of explaining to do next episode.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-03-2006, 10:05 PM
What's there to explain? Lots of corrupt mofos in the administration.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-03-2006, 10:38 PM
What's there to explain? Lots of corrupt mofos in the administration.

How did Henderson find out about Wayne Palmer in the last episode?

T Park
04-04-2006, 12:15 AM
damn, the way Bauer slitted that dude's throught was pure cinematography genius.

Jack Bauer = One big fuckin bad ass MOFO

T Park
04-04-2006, 12:18 AM
BTW, is it possible for Bauer to have any more enemies than he does now?

The President with the millitary and the public's support on his side!?!?!?

Wow....

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-04-2006, 08:57 AM

There was the one secret service agent protecting the president that got told by the bald dude (can't remember his name) that Wayne was on his way to the compound.

BTW, is it possible for Bauer to have any more enemies than he does now?

The President with the millitary and the public's support on his side!?!?!?

Well, my call is that the Homeland Security chick that took over CTU is also working with the president (as is that clown of a homeland security assistant that made Audrey sign the statement on Buchanan).

I also think that in the grander scheme of things the president is working with the Chinese, and will let them know Jack is alive, so he'll have Chinese intelligence chasing after him as well.

If I'm right on the Homeland Security witch then that also means that Audrey and Chloe are in danger as well, and I predict that after Jack makes it out of the bank next week (or the week after) he will have to rescue the two of them (and of course it will be set up as a trap for him).

Spurminator
04-04-2006, 09:29 AM

Didn't Wayne have to go through a checkpoint on his way to see Aaron?

Perhaps his name was flagged.

easjer
04-04-2006, 09:35 AM
Bah, this twist annoys me on soooo many levels (not just because I was wrong). The VP made more sense and I think it was a better storyline. This just smacks of 'ooooohhhhhh, HERE'S a twist' for the sake of a twist. Not because it made sense with the storyline. At least in the past they've tried to maintain some integrity of story. That is clearly gone. If it's the president, then his earlier behavior jusst doesn't make sense.

I'm really, really annoyed by this. I'm willing to buy a lot of the crap they push, but this just makes me angry with the show. It begins to lose entertainment value when it's solely about 'See what we can do - how wacky and unrealistic we can be!'

Ugh. Pissed off.

Vashner
04-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Just have to remember it's fantasy and not real life.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Just have to remember it's fantasy and not real life.

Does that mean we're not under Martial Law any more?

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Having the president as the bad was a bit of a gimmicky twist, but they can still make it work.

The biggest thought that struck me last night was that the folks at 24 and DiGiorno's Pizza should get together.

Jack: Mmmm, that pizza smells great. Who delivered, Audrey?

Audrey: It's not delivery, it's DiGiorno.

(Jack grabs by the throat and forces her against a wall)

Jack: Dammit, Audrey, hundreds of thousands of lives are at stake. TELL ME THE TRUTH!!!

Audrey: Ack...Jack...that is...the truth.

Jack: I don't have time to deal with you gently. You've left me no choice.

(Jack shoots her in the leg)

Jack: Now where'd the pizza come from?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Bah, this twist annoys me on soooo many levels (not just because I was wrong). The VP made more sense and I think it was a better storyline. This just smacks of 'ooooohhhhhh, HERE'S a twist' for the sake of a twist. Not because it made sense with the storyline. At least in the past they've tried to maintain some integrity of story. That is clearly gone. If it's the president, then his earlier behavior jusst doesn't make sense.

I'm really, really annoyed by this. I'm willing to buy a lot of the crap they push, but this just makes me angry with the show. It begins to lose entertainment value when it's solely about 'See what we can do - how wacky and unrealistic we can be!'

You're just mad because you were sure it was the VP last week :lol

What's unrealistic about Logan being the bad guy? There were several attempts on Palmer's life before he finally took one in the neck. The new prez being a part to some conspiracy isn't a good plot twist?

Like I said, I think he's in it with the Chinese. Remember the Russian prez. got capped too.

Didn't Wayne have to go through a checkpoint on his way to see Aaron?

Perhaps his name was flagged.

Again, two weeks ago Agent Pierce mentioned to one of his fellow secret service agents about Wayne coming to to the compound. I think that other SS agent, who is on the president's detail, told the president about it and they tried to have him killed.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-04-2006, 01:42 PM
You're just mad because you were sure it was the VP last week :lol

What's unrealistic about Logan being the bad guy? There were several attempts on Palmer's life before he finally took one in the neck. The new prez being a part to some conspiracy isn't a good plot twist?

Like I said, I think he's in it with the Chinese. Remember the Russian prez. got capped too.

Again, two weeks ago Agent Pierce mentioned to one of his fellow secret service agents about Wayne coming to to the compound. I think that other SS agent, who is on the president's detail, told the president about it and they tried to have him killed.

What about the attack on the motorcade earlier in the season, why wouldn't the president call off the attack when his wife jumped in the car?

Spurminator
04-04-2006, 02:34 PM
What about the attack on the motorcade earlier in the season, why wouldn't the president call off the attack when his wife jumped in the car?

Maybe he wanted the attack to happen?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-04-2006, 02:58 PM
Maybe he wanted the attack to happen?

And why was Logan practically begging Jack to stay active in helping find the nerve gas earlier in the season?

I just hope they do a good job of twisting the whole story together in the next episode.

T Park
04-04-2006, 03:06 PM
lol

its a TV Show, you guys are trying too hard.

Its just a freakin story, why are you trying to twist it into freakin reality!??!

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-04-2006, 03:06 PM

Because he's not the one calling all the shots in the conspiracy. Remember McGill got the boot...

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-04-2006, 03:09 PM
The whole original plan was for the nerve gas to go back to Russia and then the terrorists to be blown to bits with the rigged canisters, and for the US to move into that area of western Russia along with the Russians to hunt for WMD, and meanwhile get control of the oil in the area.

That's why Logan acted the way he did earlier this season.

That, or it could just be a play on the teaser to make you THINK it's him ;)

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-04-2006, 03:13 PM
lol

its a TV Show, you guys are trying too hard.

Its just a freakin story, why are you trying to twist it into freakin reality!??!

I'm not twisting it into anything, I'm saying it's a story, and all I'm saying is I hope the writers explain a few things in the next episode. Not very difficult to understand.

T Park
04-04-2006, 05:34 PM
I hope the writers explain a few things in the next episode

Aggie has already explained it....

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Aggie has already explained it....

He explained everything?? really??

scott
04-04-2006, 09:51 PM
This show gets dumber by the episode. I've been on board since season 1, episode 1 but this is just getting too silly. I'm cashing out after this season.

Marklar MM
04-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Go Audrey...shoot that asshat in the ass next episode.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Man, I knew when Jack and Audrey's pop were meeting so early in the hour dear old Dad was going to fuck things up.

Can't believe Jack gave up the tape....

Spurminator
04-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Or DID he???

T Park
04-18-2006, 12:12 AM
Yeah, he did...

Looks like a great episode next week.

Looks like Logan's wife and the Secretary of State are getting bumped off.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-18-2006, 12:30 AM
BTW, one of the shittiest parts about tonight was the disappearance of Aaron Pierce. :depressed

Dude can't die, he's gotta help off the presidente.

Vashner
04-18-2006, 12:49 AM
Man, I knew when Jack and Audrey's pop were meeting so early in the hour dear old Dad was going to fuck things up.

Can't believe Jack gave up the tape....

We don't know that.. we just know he slid him a recorder.

Jack could of duped it or called some voice mail and played it to retrieve later.

Marklar MM
04-18-2006, 07:21 AM
HAHA. What if Jack made a copy in like 2 seconds, and gave him the copy along with the following message..."Hello Christopher. As you can probably assume by hearing my voice, there are multiple copies of this message being sent to numerous sources within the government. Have a nice day. Oh, and this recording will explode in 3, 2, 1."

2centsworth
04-18-2006, 10:18 AM
This show gets dumber by the episode. I've been on board since season 1, episode 1 but this is just getting too silly. I'm cashing out after this season.so dumb you'll cash out after it ends lol. I on the other hand have no idea what's going on except that the president is a bad guy and Jack is out to get him. Though I have no idea how the show has gotten to that point, it's still fun to watch.

btw, actor playing the president was on cold pizza this morning. Dude wears 3 earrings in his left ear. Que Lindo!

rr2418
04-19-2006, 12:50 PM
This show gets dumber by the episode. I've been on board since season 1, episode 1 but this is just getting too silly. I'm cashing out after this season.

That's what is really funny about people giving up on the show. The show itself is farfetched, couldn't really happen, unrealistic, so on & so on, but yet, you've watched it from the begining knowing probably all along that these things couldn't happen. It'a just a TV show! These events are suppose to be happening while the rest of the world continues their everyday life. There condensing everything into 1 hour just for us. That's probably why sometimes things look rushed, dumb, unrealistic. Take a look at the other shows like the CSI's shows. The episodes are good and exciting, but how real are they? How easy is it to find evidence that fast? Sometime back in the Express News, there was an article on the crime lab, and it's not that easy to find clues or is it that glamorous. Keep watching 24, it's just going to get better!

Spurminator
04-19-2006, 02:25 PM
I really hate the "it's just a TV show" argument... I mean, you could use it with any piece of crap on television.

I can see Scott's complaint. Some people may not care if a show is realistic/believeable, and more power to them. No one says it has to be. But part of the appeal to fans in the beginning was the believeability of the 24-hour timeline and relative believeability of the plot.

While I'm not saying Season 5 COULDN'T have happened in real life, I would say that all of the twists and the constant barrage of new characters and mounting body counts cheapen the suspense of the show. I like the suspense and story to build over several episodes.

For me, it's sort of like 90's Metallica vs. 80's Metallica... I liked 90's Metallica, but I knew they could do better based on what they did in the 80's. Later Metallica, like this season's 24, was more of a guilty pleasure.

Marklar MM
04-19-2006, 02:35 PM
I like how they can go across town in like 5 minutes, or during a commercial break.

Trainwreck2100
04-19-2006, 06:53 PM
What happened to Curtis?

Marklar MM
04-20-2006, 02:25 PM
I wish that Collette Stenger becomes a regular. HOTTTTT. (http://www.stanakatic.com/)

Trainwreck2100
04-20-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm assuming she's the redhead, and she should, considering Edgar's a corpse

Marklar MM
04-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Cheese dumplings.

24 always has the hottest damn terrorists.

easjer
04-20-2006, 03:28 PM
I'm beginning to be of scott's view.

Yeah, just a show. But in the early seasons, while there were crazy twists and turns, and you were expected to believe that no one sleeps, eats, drinks, or has to pee in 24 hours. Also that traffic in LA is NEVER a problem.

But as my co-worker said about this season's level of believability - Dude, an ex-president DIED in the first five minutes. Not just an ex-president - a very popular guy, and the first black president. DIED. And not just died - was KILLED by a sniper. Uh, yeah. NOTHING ELSE HAPPENS TODAY. Remember Reagan? He was old, and with mixed popularity. Everything shut down for a week. Trust me, no treaties get signed, no one flies back to Russia after two hours in the states. Potentially hostages get taken at an airport, but no one is flying BACK to Russia from that airport two hours later. People aren't being shot on national TV. The martial law doesn't go into effect without Congressional approval.

Also, a colleague and the daughter of the Sec of Defense is not tortured by government officials on flimsy evidence, and her father doesn't hog tie her to a pipe while he leaves the evidence backing his extoration with some guy without making copies. At least hide it somewhere, dude.

That doesn't even touch on the body count, or the twists that are clearly solely for the effect of jaw-dropping.

Now I fondly remember the cougar and the trap in season 2, ok? But yeah, that was more believable than this crap.

Trainwreck2100
04-20-2006, 03:46 PM
All the killings were obviously used so they can get rid of the ld and get new characters for less money

Trainwreck2100
04-20-2006, 03:47 PM
best part of the show

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/421/jackbauer8cc.gif

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2006, 06:44 PM
you were expected to believe that no one sleeps, eats, drinks, or has to pee in 24 hours. Also that traffic in LA is NEVER a problem.

Okay, how many other shows on TV show the characters eating, sleeping, drinking, or peeing, and span multiple days? Talk about a week argument.

And it's hard to have bad traffic in LA when there's martial law on the streets :lol

Fuck, I bet some of you who criticize the show so much think Lord of the Rings was good too. :lol

rr2418
05-08-2006, 02:00 PM
I really hate the "it's just a TV show" argument... I mean, you could use it with any piece of crap on television.

I can see Scott's complaint. Some people may not care if a show is realistic/believeable, and more power to them. No one says it has to be. But part of the appeal to fans in the beginning was the believeability of the 24-hour timeline and relative believeability of the plot.

While I'm not saying Season 5 COULDN'T have happened in real life, I would say that all of the twists and the constant barrage of new characters and mounting body counts cheapen the suspense of the show. I like the suspense and story to build over several episodes.

For me, it's sort of like 90's Metallica vs. 80's Metallica... I liked 90's Metallica, but I knew they could do better based on what they did in the 80's. Later Metallica, like this season's 24, was more of a guilty pleasure.

Well then, what storylines do you suggest the show should have? What believable plots that haven't been on 24 would you go with? UFO lands in front of the White House? Oh, how about Jack Baur takes the place of Tom Cruise's character in 24's version of "War of the Worlds"! This might be a winner! Jack battles a terrorist only to find out in the last episode that the terrorist reveals to Jack, "I am your father!". Or we might have Jack going on a much needed vacation to Hawaii only for the 737 he's in crashes on an unchartered island. There he has a new mystery to solve, like a hatch he needs to open, strange voices on the island, a possible monster, and of course, the "others". Come to think of it, these storylines sound familiar!! :rolleyes

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Jack Bauer don't need no damn pilot license to land a damn plane.

T Park
05-08-2006, 08:42 PM
As Spurminator said,

"Jack Bauer is one bad mofo"

AND THE DUDE FROM FALCON CREST LIVES!!!

HOW?!?!?!?!?!

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Kill those bluetooth motherfuckes dammit

T Park
Chicken shit Logan is gonna off himself.

Trainwreck2100
God I hope Logan kills his wife

T Park
05-08-2006, 08:46 PM

they will have what, 3 hours?

WTF are they gonna do in 3 hours, have the attorney general be in on it?!??

T Park
05-08-2006, 08:47 PM

I was hoping he would go Postal, take out Chloe, that fucking worm that keeps bugging the head of Homeland at CTU

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Looks like the last three hours will be taking care of Bierko

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2006, 08:50 PM
he's in the room

T Park
05-08-2006, 08:50 PM
taking care of Bierko?

looks like HE IS gonna off his wife,

HOLY SHIT!!!

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2006, 08:51 PM
taking care of Bierko?

looks like HE IS gonna off his wife,

HOLY SHIT!!!

Bierko is going ot escape

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2006, 08:52 PM
that's right, piss him off

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2006, 08:53 PM
That Fucking Pussy

T Park
05-08-2006, 08:55 PM
DUDE THAT FUCKING WHEASEL IS GONNA TURN HIM IN!!!!!!!!!!

ARGGGGGGGGGGGG

I HATE THIS FUCKING GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK MILES!!!! :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff

T Park
05-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Fuc you miles

you fucking fuck nut.

T Park
05-08-2006, 08:57 PM
he just fucking stole the recording.

I hate

that FUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T Park
05-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Miles steals the recording.

Bierko escapes.

Now the Secret Service guy and Logan are having it out.

3 hours!!!! ARGGGG

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-08-2006, 09:15 PM
He didn't steal the tape, he was holding up something next to the recorder that wiped the tape.

This is the first time I'm disappointed in 24, you can't tell me that they couldn't have copied the tape over to the hard drive and then cleaned it up.

That, or that with evidence like that that Buchanan and Karen wouldn't have been right there with her.

And why transport Bierko? :wtf Made no sense...

Good to see Aaron is alive, but looks like he's not in a position to beat the shit out of Logan, which is a disappointment.

T Park
05-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Yeah 24 pulled a bullshit ending there.

You would think as soon as they got the tape, they would freakin quadruple save that sob.

scott
05-08-2006, 10:27 PM
Wow... another rediculously stupid episode. I wish I could stop watching because I just get more frustrated each week.

Jack Bauer can rig a flash memory card to self-destruct, but no one can think of the idea to make a copy of a recording?

2centsworth
05-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Wow... another rediculously stupid episode. I wish I could stop watching because I just get more frustrated each week.

Jack Bauer can rig a flash memory card to self-destruct, but no one can think of the idea to make a copy of a recording?
For the first time I've got to agree. If you're implicating the president in a conspiracy there's no way you let anyone know unless you absolutely have to. Miles didn't need to know a freakin thing. The show is kinda of ridiculous right now. Too bad cause I was having so much fun. Good news I have yet to see Season 1 and I'm currently watching season 2 and 3. Wow season 2 is good.

T Park
05-08-2006, 10:48 PM
What was season 2 about? I forgot.

T Park
05-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Oh yeah Nuculear bomb.

Abusive father, mother dead in the trunk.

scott
05-08-2006, 10:50 PM
For the first time I've got to agree. If you're implicating the president in a conspiracy there's no way you let anyone know unless you absolutely have to. Miles didn't need to know a freakin thing. The show is kinda of ridiculous right now. Too bad cause I was having so much fun. Good news I have yet to see Season 1 and I'm currently watching season 2 and 3. Wow season 2 is good.

Last season is the first time it started to get a little hokey for me. Seasons 1-3 were great.

T Park
05-08-2006, 11:38 PM
lol

its a freakin tv show.

didn't know we were going off of real life :lmao

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2006, 11:44 PM
A copy wouldn't be considered ligitamite

2centsworth
05-09-2006, 11:36 AM
lol

its a freakin tv show.

didn't know we were going off of real life :lmao
No, but even Surnow (on the michael medved show) suggest part of the allure is that the show allows you to believe the stuff in 24 could really happen.

Up until now I was enjoying the show even though some of the plot was far fetched, but silly stuff like telling Miles about the president and then the recording goes missing has crossed the line into being ridiculous.

Nevertheless, I'll still watch hoping the show doesn't totally fall apart. I've had a lot of fun until the end of last nights show. The president should have offed himself.

Dunc
05-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Could someone give me a rundown on what happened last night? The wife set the VCR for the wrong station so we missed it.

Vashner
05-09-2006, 11:59 AM
The recording got erased by some asswhipe.

Dunc
05-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Thanks GiG. You're the man.

rr2418
05-10-2006, 12:57 PM

Well, maybe someone did make a copy! Maybe the previews just don't show it.

Vashner
05-15-2006, 05:42 PM
Season Final tonight... tape it for after game.

It will be delayed after dubya's speech. I think 20 minutes.

atlfan25
05-15-2006, 07:01 PM
yes, tonights is supposed to start at 820
then the 2 hour season finale is next monday

Vashner
05-15-2006, 07:53 PM
Ah .. Argh when I went to the fox website it was like the finale was today..

rr2418
05-16-2006, 01:21 PM
Can anyone tell me what happened after Jack and Henderson went to that guys house(I can't recall his name), and Henderson started to tell that guy that there were CTU agents outside his house? That damm President Bush messed things up! I programmed the vcr to tape 24 starting at 8:00. So I missed that last 20 minutes or so. Thanks!!

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Can anyone tell me what happened after Jack and Henderson went to that guys house(I can't recall his name), and Henderson started to tell that guy that there were CTU agents outside his house? That damm President Bush messed things up! I programmed the vcr to tape 24 starting at 8:00. So I missed that last 20 minutes or so. Thanks!!

Henderson was not ratting him out, but trying to get the guy to download his harddrive onto a thumb drive, jack busted in and messed up the plan. Turns out the Russian was going after a sub and he kills the American luet and gasses the sub, because he plans to use the missiles on said sub. Also the first lady save the Secret Service guy, and killed the bad SS guy, and went to go get Mik Novak. So he would tell him everything

Vashner
05-16-2006, 01:40 PM
That's WHAT he said.... you don't know if he was bluffing or not.

I think he was liar because if that was his plan he WOULD of told Jack IF he really wanted the deal.

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 01:45 PM
I was hoping they'd gas the bluetooth guys

SoCalSpursFan
05-16-2006, 07:10 PM
That's WHAT he said.... you don't know if he was bluffing or not.

I think he was liar because if that was his plan he WOULD of told Jack IF he really wanted the deal.

yea, i agree, there is no reason to trust "C-Hend".

scott
05-16-2006, 07:11 PM
This episode was much better on the "you've got to be kidding me" scale... that was the kind of episodes that made 24 great... except I could do without the "What would David Palmer do?" speeches :lol

Marklar MM
05-16-2006, 07:46 PM
http://azizisbored.com/img/davidpalmer2.jpg

I would have Jack Bauer kick ass.

Vashner
05-16-2006, 08:00 PM
How come jack didn't play the tape on the aircraft VHF? Would of been recorded multiple times if on like 1200 sq.

Vashner
05-22-2006, 11:15 PM
Season Finale was tonight...

I won't ruin it for those that missed.. cause of the game (i watched it and had game on radio).

NASpurs
05-23-2006, 01:06 AM
Screw it... people know when you enter this thread, spoilers are going to be said.

Anyone surprised the Chinese actually got Jack (that's what happened correct? I was flipping channels between the Spurs game and this)? You could have seen that one coming from a mile away.

Plus the old attach a listening device to the president was probably obvious too and kind of anti-climatic since it's kind of been there, done that, seen it before.......it's not like anyone actually thought the Pres was going to get away with it.

2centsworth
05-23-2006, 01:15 AM
Finale was great! Thank goodness for DVR.

Vashner
05-23-2006, 01:22 AM
Did they bust the POTUS at the end? I saw him get in a limo at the funeral .. after he had slapped the first lady around in the hanger. But I was into the game back and forth.

Also when they said "it's your daughter but it's encrypted"..

Yea right.... But he just signed for 2 or 3 more seasons so you know he won't be whacked.

Spurminator
05-23-2006, 11:51 PM
One thing we did learn... The President is FAST in the sack... They were getting ready to get down to business at the end of part 1, and at the very beginning of Part 2, they were putting their clothes back on.

T Park
05-24-2006, 01:37 AM
Good to see Logan get his.

Will be interesting to see how the Vice now President handles it.

So does this mean, Jack has to break out of a Chinese prison??

lordy........

Trainwreck2100
05-24-2006, 01:42 AM
I'm hoping the bluetooth guys do something to piss off China, and then the Chinese use Jack to try and stop them,because he's had experience with them before.

T Park
05-24-2006, 02:42 AM
Yeah the Bluetooth guys got off scot free.

We never learned who they were, or what they do.

Prob "big oil"

Im sure... :rolleyes

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2006, 11:57 PM
Did they bust the POTUS at the end? I saw him get in a limo at the funeral .. after he had slapped the first lady around in the hanger. But I was into the game back and forth.

The US Marshals placed him under arrest but took him in the limo.

My guess is that CTU will rescue Jack on the boat, no way for the ship to sail to China in 24 hours...

Trainwreck2100
05-29-2006, 12:00 AM
The US Marshals placed him under arrest but took him in the limo.

My guess is that CTU will rescue Jack on the boat, no way for the ship to sail to China in 24 hours...

Yeah but the new season could take place a year later, like this one, it's a 12 hour flight from China to US so unless they got some sort of transportation device this is gonna be tough to explain.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-29-2006, 12:07 AM
Good point, I just see the 'great escape' taking place on the boat, it could be bad ass if they do it right.

Marklar MM
05-29-2006, 09:36 AM
Good point, I just see the 'great escape' taking place on the boat, it could be bad ass if they do it right.

Jack Bauer stole a vile of the nerve gas and placed it up his bum. When no one is looking, he will release it into the ships ventilation system, and hold his breath. Problem solved.

atlfan25
06-16-2006, 07:11 PM
fucking chinamen

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
10-25-2006, 03:31 AM
Season 6 trailer (http://www.24trailer.com/)

Looks like it's going to be a badass season. Everyone from San Antonio should pause it on the 1:12 mark

Leetonidas
01-08-2007, 11:41 PM
Less than a week until season six starts. :spin

Leetonidas
01-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Season 6 trailer (http://www.24trailer.com/)

Looks like it's going to be a badass season. Everyone from San Antonio should pause it on the 1:12 mark

T Park
01-09-2007, 01:03 AM
Ive read some stuff on Sutherland not wanting Jack Bauer to be around a long time, and talks abou sending him off or whatever.

You've just signed a 4 year extension to do this show, your telling me your gonna sacrafice him this year?

Bullshit.

Keep him alive, keep the show going.

BTW, how the hell did the one guy go from, an aid to Palmer, to President?

Good lord, thats a stretch.

MannyIsGod
01-09-2007, 01:18 AM
Oh you mean a stretch like from a First Lady to a presidential candidate?

:lmao OF ALL THE THINGS ON 24, what you find unrealistic is their choice of the next president? Wow.

The show is still OK, but IMO it hit its peak a couple of seasons ago. I'm not sure what to expect from the new one but I'll watch.

Spurminator
01-09-2007, 01:33 AM
I bitched and bitched about the show last season and yet I'm still pumped as hell for Season 6 to start.

I'm approaching it in guilty pleasure mode this year. No more needless critique. I'm going to just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Ah WTF am I kidding, I'll still bitch about it at some point I'm sure.