PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Fans!

ESPN Drinks Haterade
01-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Hello i am new to these spurs boards and i just wanted to say how i really respect your guys team, i know some of you may not like me because yes..i am a cavs fan but i love the way tim duncan plays as a player and i also like tony parker who is a great athletic driving point guard. but i am going to different NBA boards and seeing what other nba team fans think of the cleveland cavaliers this year? what is your guys outlook on the cavs?.. i know some may think it was a fluke of us dominating the pistons but hey i think we are a decent team this year. if you could please give me some feedback that'd be great. thanks! :spin

doldrums
01-16-2006, 12:40 PM
You guys miss Larry Hughes badly.

ESPN Drinks Haterade
01-16-2006, 12:45 PM
and we have drew gooden out now too for a week

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-16-2006, 12:47 PM
The Cavs used to have a pretty decent forward by the name of Mike Mitchell a few years ago. That's all I know about them. Oh, and they play in Cleveland.

I hope this helps.

hussker
01-16-2006, 12:48 PM
Maybe a 6 seed this year, does not get out of first round...

velik_m
01-16-2006, 01:13 PM
There is a team in Cleveland?

j/k ;)

angel_luv
01-16-2006, 01:20 PM
haha- you are bad Velik!

spurschick
01-16-2006, 01:20 PM
and we have drew gooden out now too for a week

I heard he was just day to day. Is he officially out for the week?

King Of Da Court
01-16-2006, 02:51 PM
There is a team in Cleveland?
U got to be kidding me. I hope you are joking :rolleyes

j/k ;)

SenorSpur
01-16-2006, 03:14 PM
The Cavs used to have a pretty decent forward by the name of Mike Mitchell a few years ago. That's all I know about them. Oh, and they play in Cleveland.

I hope this helps.

Mike Mitchell's playing days were more that a few years ago. At any rate, dude was money. He used to kill the Lakers while in a Spurs uniform. A reliable 20 pt per game scorer, who along with Gervin and Artis Gilmore helped the Spurs comprise their own version of the Big Three. I understand he still lives in San Antonio.

Back to the subject at hand, Danny Ferry has assembled a wonderful collection of talent around LeBron. Starting with the resigning of Zydrunas "Big Z" along with the acquisitions of Larry Hughes, Damon Jones and Donyell Marshall, they've got a good squad. Should make the playoffs.

However like all developing teams, it may time some time for that "stew to simmer" into something really tasty. So long as Mike Brown continues to emphasize defense and team execution, they should have a bright future.

SAtown
01-16-2006, 03:16 PM
I remember you guys had horrible colors in your team logo, as well as on the court. Gund Arena right? yeah, that's about it. Oh, and I always liked Mark Price. LeBron who?

rayray2k8
01-16-2006, 05:08 PM
The board welcomes all nba fans!!

ShoogarBear
01-16-2006, 05:20 PM
Mike Mitchell's playing days were more that a few years ago. At any rate, dude was money. He used to kill the Lakers while in a Spurs uniform. A reliable 20 pt per game scorer, who along with Gervin and Artis Gilmore helped the Spurs comprise their own version of the Big Three. I understand he still lives in San Antonio.
Yeah, he does. I actually watched game 5 of the 1999 Finals at a house party where Mitchell was in attendance. Dude was in his early 40s and had just retired from basketball for good after a few years playing in Italy. He was still in great shape.

He was kept getting up and leaving the room where where the TV was, because he said he was too nervous to watch! I 'm not sure he even knew anyone in the current Spurs organization, but he still felt the connection.

He also had some great stories about playing in the NBA. Said the biggest trash talker of his time, bar none, was Larry Bird. Bird would ask him during the game to let him know when he was gonna start guarding him.

shelshor
01-16-2006, 05:23 PM
World B "Lloyd" Free always made me either chuckle or cringe

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Yeah, he does. I actually watched game 5 of the 1999 Finals at a house party where Mitchell was in attendance. Dude was in his early 40s and had just retired from basketball for good after a few years playing in Italy. He was still in great shape.

He was kept getting up and leaving the room where where the TV was, because he said he was too nervous to watch! I 'm not sure he even knew anyone in the current Spurs organization, but he still felt the connection.

He also had some great stories about playing in the NBA. Said the biggest trash talker of his time, bar none, was Larry Bird. Bird would ask him during the game to let him know when he was gonna start guarding him.

My favorite Mitchell quote was when he was named player of the game one night and he was being interviewed on WOAI and he said something to the effect of "I was so hot tonight I could have shot the ball out my ass and it would have gone in!" Cracked me up!

I've heard that Mr. Bird was the king of trash talk. I know he'd call his shots lots of times to his defender, and then go and do exactly what he promised the next time he touched the ball. He was pretty decent at hoops I think.