. . . their name:

http://www.bojosvariety.com/images/Houston%20Oilers.jpg

Damn, I miss Luv Ya Blue.

Horry For 3!
01-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Yeah the Houston Oilers were the shit.

valluco
01-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Look out football, here we come, Houston Oilers, Number One.

Houston has the Oilers, the greatest football team.
We take the ball from goal to goal like no one's ever seen.
We're in the air, we're on the ground - always in control,
And when you say the Oilers, you're talking Super Bowl.

'Cause we're the Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Number One. Yes, we're the Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Number One.

We've got the offense,
we've got the defense,
We give the other team no hope.
'Cause we're the Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers,
You know we're gonna hold the rope.

Yes, we're the Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Number One. Yes, we're the Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Number One.

'Cause we're the Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Number One - Five - Seven - Eight, We're the best from the Lone Star State! Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Number One.

Extra Stout
01-17-2006, 04:58 PM
35-3. Oops.

sa_butta
01-17-2006, 05:07 PM
I remember I use to go to their training camps here. I got so many autographs from those guys.

ShoogarBear
01-17-2006, 05:42 PM

:lol Worst Fight Song Ever.

So how lame are the Dolphins that they had to steal it?

N.Y. Johnny
01-17-2006, 09:23 PM

Houston has the Oilers, the greatest football team.
We take the ball from goal to goal like no one's ever seen.
We're in the air, we're on the ground - always in control,
And when you say the Oilers, you're talking Super Bowl.

'Cause we're the Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Number One. Yes, we're the Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Number One.

We've got the offense,
we've got the defense,
We give the other team no hope.
'Cause we're the Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers,
You know we're gonna hold the rope.

Yes, we're the Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Number One. Yes, we're the Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Number One.

'Cause we're the Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Number One - Five - Seven - Eight, We're the best from the Lone Star State! Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Number One.

Believe it or not I still have a LUV YA BLUE original shirt from back in the day. :elephant

I used to love watching the Oilers and I guess secretly I was a fan, how could you not be? If you didn't like the Dallas Cowboys, then the Oilers were your team :lol
My father was friends with Dan Pastorini so thats how I got into watching them by the way and then moving around to Texas I got to watch them often too.

Hey, They were hosed in the 78' AFC Title game and Bud Adams is an ass for Firing Bum Phillips. I guess he got tired of winning.

Bum had the best quotes too back then
"this year we knocked on the door, next year we're gonna kick the door down"

:lol

N.Y. Johnny
01-17-2006, 09:27 PM
oh yeah, Texans does stink for a name btw. It would have been better if they'd have been voted Stallions, given the choices.

ShoogarBear
01-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Hey, They were hosed in the 78' AFC Title game :tu

'79 actually.

Mike Renfo. In bounds. No replay then.

FromWayDowntown
01-17-2006, 11:23 PM
:tu

'79 actually.

I have a videotape of the broadcast of that game and that Renfro play was just egregious. I can remember seeing it live in January 1980 and thinking the officials just got it wrong, and seeing it again years later hasn't changed anything.

There was something about those Luv Ya Blue Oilers teams of the late 70's. They weren't flashy, but they really hung with those great Steelers teams in just about every game (other than the 1978 AFC Championship game in Pittsburgh). It was a shame that they never quite "kick[ed] that som' bitch in," as Bum promised.

ShoogarBear
01-17-2006, 11:34 PM
I remember Bum yelling "NO! NO!" on the sidelines when they ruled it out of bounds . . .

ShoogarBear
01-17-2006, 11:35 PM
effing bud adams and his copyrights...

how do you copyright columbia blue, an oil derrick and the name "oilers"

what an assholeJust Bud's way of sticking it to Houston one last time.

Marcus Bryant
01-18-2006, 12:04 AM
The Oilers were all heartbreak, all the time. Hopefully the Texans will be able to erase that someday.

Obstructed_View
01-18-2006, 08:36 AM
I'll never forget the headline "What a bunch of losers" in the Houston paper.

valluco
01-18-2006, 10:14 AM
The Oilers were all heartbreak, all the time. Hopefully the Texans will be able to erase that someday.
I was a huge oilers fan growing up and I still follow the Titans. As far as all heartbreak, yeah you're right. Who can forget that huge meltdown in Buffalo back in '93?

sa_butta
01-18-2006, 10:20 AM
:lol Worst Fight Song Ever.

So how lame are the Dolphins that they had to steal it? Let's get it straight, so as to be able to correct the rest of the fools out there (particularly Monday Night Football commentaters) The then HOUSTON OILERS STOLE THE FIGHT SONG FROM MIAMI. CASE CLOSED_ NO DEBATE!.........There was an 45 rpm single of the Miami version 2-3 years before Houston debuted the song against us in that awful Monday night game where they ALSO stole the waving of the white hankies! they suck forever!

shelshor
01-18-2006, 01:12 PM
The Texans could do with a new logo too

vincerodriguez23
01-18-2006, 02:09 PM
oh yeah, Texans does stink for a name btw. It would have been better if they'd have been voted Stallions, given the choices.

The Houston football Colt .45's, like the NY Giants, STL Cardinals did

N.Y. Johnny
01-18-2006, 08:38 PM
:tu

'79 actually.

Thats right...1978 they were massacred by the Steelers in the Title game.

That was absolute bullshit of a play, Renfro was in and that game's outcome changes there, you just knew it if you were watching it.
I think Houston would have won and gone on to play the Rams that year in the Super Bowl.

samikeyp
01-18-2006, 11:26 PM
The Texans could do with a new logo too

They should go with the original Houston Texans logo!

http://www.onlinesports.com/images/cd-wfl-hous.jpg

:p

Brutalis
01-18-2006, 11:29 PM
They should go with the original Houston Texans logo!

http://www.onlinesports.com/images/cd-wfl-hous.jpg

:p
It's too Packerish! But it looks good to me!

Brutalis
01-18-2006, 11:30 PM
Miami stole the fight song?

Oh well, if we did, that's fine, cause we owned the Oilers. Baby.

Extra Stout
01-20-2006, 01:30 PM
The Houston football Colt .45's, like the NY Giants, STL Cardinals did

The football team originally was the Chicago Cardinals. That they shared their name with the baseball team upon moving to St. Louis is coincidence.