PDA

View Full Version : Will the foot problem become chronic for Duncan?

usckk
01-16-2006, 08:16 PM
Reggie Miller just said he had it his whole career? Will the same happen to Duncan? If so, how will it affect his career and he chances of the Spurs winning the championship?

boutons_
01-16-2006, 08:18 PM
impossible to say. case-by-case.

I think it's first episode for Tim, so maybe it will go away and stay away, but when?

exstatic
01-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Well, they also said it was best to rest for a few days after the injection. Tim hasn't been able to do that, but there are two breaks in Feb., a five day one (Feb 3-7), and then the AS break (Feb 16-20). If Tim isn't voted in, he may actually be able to get out of the ASG due to injury, and get another injection. At the very least, they should try on that first 5 day break.

T Park
01-16-2006, 08:36 PM
get another injection

supposedly they are not gonna give him another.

Don't want to dry the tendon up.

Shelly
01-16-2006, 08:38 PM
supposedly they are not gonna give him another.

Don't want to dry the tendon up.

Yup...my husband said it would be too soon for another injection.

exstatic
01-16-2006, 08:42 PM
When wouldn't be too soon? Late Feb.?

Dre_7
01-16-2006, 08:49 PM
I would like to see Tim rest some time in Feb. Time it right, around the ASG so that he gets the most rest while missing the least amount of games. Dont play in the ASG this year. That dont mean ish, really.

usckk
01-16-2006, 09:07 PM
Bad news. Duncan is now 2nd in the all star voting.

Dre_7
01-16-2006, 09:09 PM
Tonight has been lil preview of what it will be like w/out Duncan.

They need to rest him so he misses as few games as possible! Life without Duncan, will be bad!

Brutalis
01-16-2006, 09:12 PM
On TNT they said Tim got another injection last night and the pain has moved to his heel.

td4mvp21
01-16-2006, 09:21 PM
I would like to see Tim rest some time in Feb. Time it right, around the ASG so that he gets the most rest while missing the least amount of games. Dont play in the ASG this year. That dont mean ish, really.

No, thats the time when we usually come together. Bad for the chemistry.

Dre_7
01-16-2006, 09:23 PM
No, thats the time when we usually come together. Bad for the chemistry.

The all star break is when they come together?

Shelly
01-16-2006, 09:28 PM
When wouldn't be too soon? Late Feb.?

Dunno--It would probably be hard to say without actually examing him. But I did ask him a few weeks ago why they didn't give him another injection and he said it's not good to give them close together.

Rest is the key, but we know that's not gonna happen.

Rummpd
01-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Good article on this from where I used to be on the faculty part-time at the Medical College of Wisconsin by an orthopedic surgeon and a very well respected family doctor. They say up to 18 months.
In my experience highly variable and in my sports medicine experience most resolved within 6 months, even in marathon runners; however, never worked with professional athletes on this level.

http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/987116429.html

I am surprised that we are not hearing about orthotics and potential nighttime splints at this point.

Shelly
01-16-2006, 09:34 PM
Dunno--It would probably be hard to say without actually examing him. But I did ask him a few weeks ago why they didn't give him another injection and he said it's not good to give them close together.

Rest is the key, but we know that's not gonna happen.

Or they could just amputate. Problem solved! :lol